• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#181 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

I'm waiting for in store pickup to kick in

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#182 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hope BB doesn't give me any trouble with a PM. Could just see them using the cover as an excuse.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#183 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Amazon's Blu-Ray is down to $29.99

what the hell, mine hasn't shipped yet, but the price still says $34.99

#184 bill esquivel

bill esquivel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Anyone know if there will there will be a collectors edition for season 2?

#185 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

Picked up a copy at Amazon.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#186 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

what the hell, mine hasn't shipped yet, but the price still says $34.99

It can take a while for changes to be reflected but they've gotten it working pretty reliably now... if you don't get the $29.99 price by like Thursday you can contact them but it should be fixed/charged/refunded (however they'll do it) well before then.

#187 Kueller

Kueller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

It can take a while for changes to be reflected but they've gotten it working pretty reliably now... if you don't get the $29.99 price by like Thursday you can contact them but it should be fixed/charged/refunded (however they'll do it) well before then.

They should adjust the order price when it ships. Or at least that's what happened for me with Dredd 3D. They'll send you an email letting you know the price difference, too.

#188 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hm Amazon actually says $30, I guess they PM'd that Target price.

Still not sure if paying the extra $5 for the slipcover @ BB is worth it.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#189 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the great price Target.
Thanks amazon for matching it (no tax for me)
And
Thanks amazon for putting it in my daily deals for an additional $1.50 off.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#190 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the great price Target.
Thanks amazon for matching it (no tax for me)
And
Thanks amazon for putting it in my daily deals for an additional $1.50 off.

where do you see that??

#191 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Anyone know if there will there will be a collectors edition for season 2?

probably in a few months when they decide they want more money just like the first season

#192 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

probably in a few months when they decide they want more money just like the first season

I found the CE to be kinda mediocre. It had solid packaging and the egg was nice but I just didn't see the point. I got it free from work and will likely sell the extras when I get around to it.

#193 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

From what I understand the only thing it included as an extra was a dragon egg paperweight, which you can buy at the HBO store. The keychain that came with the BB pre-order for the first version of Season 1 you can also get at the HBO store.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#194 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I was going to get the Lannister Cover, but then Amazon matched BB and I preordered it from them around 2:00am. I'm going to Costco on Tuesday, so I hope the booklet bonus from them is not incredible because I will be tempted!

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#195 Strat

Strat

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

From what I understand the only thing it included as an extra was a dragon egg paperweight, which you can buy at the HBO store. The keychain that came with the BB pre-order for the first version of Season 1 you can also get at the HBO store.

The egg was pretty cool- when season 2's gift set comes out, sounds like the HBO store will be the place to go since I've preordered from BB the Greyjoy set.

#196 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Well my Lannister edition is out for delivery but I'm tempted by Amazon's price (and that fact that it would cost me under $5 out of pocket thanks to credit)...guess I'll see how the cover looks when I get it before making a final decision.

#197 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hope BB doesn't give me any trouble with a PM. Could just see them using the cover as an excuse.

That is my concern as well, shall see tomorrow.

#198 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Ordered last night.

Primes pretty awesome.

Posted Image

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#199 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

so if i remember correctly, it was only the DVD versions that had the exclusive slip-covers for the first season and now its only the BluRays that have the covers?

are the sizes of BluRay boxsets the same size as DVD boxsets? as in inches, like i know all of my single case BluRays are all slightly smaller than my single case DVDs.

#200 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

so if i remember correctly, it was only the DVD versions that had the exclusive slip-covers for the first season and now its only the BluRays that have the covers?

are the sizes of BluRay boxsets the same size as DVD boxsets? as in inches, like i know all of my single case BluRays are all slightly smaller than my single case DVDs.

no, season one blu had slip covers....watching it as i type actually

boxsets vary but this one is g2 (bluray height)

#201 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

The blu-ray version of Season 1 had slip covers, I would assume the reason only the blu-ray has slip covers this time around is because the blu-ray versions includes a DVD copy. The first season release didn't have a combo version until the Collector's Edition was released months later.

#202 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

boooo. well my OCD will have to deal with it, my season 1 targaryen DVD set will have to sit next to a bluray set

#203 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

So the first season was a 5-disk set for both blu sets and dvd sets.

This season's blu with dvds set is a 7-disk set and the dvd set is still 5-disk.

So how the hell are they distributing episodes this time around? Will the dvds be double sided in the blu set? Is that a thing that people still do?

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#204 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

So the first season was a 5-disk set for both blu sets and dvd sets.

This season's blu with dvds set is a 7-disk set and the dvd set is still 5-disk.

So how the hell are they distributing episodes this time around? Will the dvds be double sided in the blu set? Is that a thing that people still do?

The Season 1 set bluray/dvd combo is 7 disks not 5 disks. Yes the 2 dvd disks in the combo pack are Dual layered double sided disks. They really are not meant to be the big part of the set, just a convenience really. No extras, just straight episodes for those weird times when no bluray (or digital access) is around.

#205 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

I didn't even know there was a blu/dvd combo for season 1.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#206 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Instore pick up done. Going first thing in the A.M

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#207 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

GoT2 is $24.99 @ Frys.com

http://www.frys.com/product/7424375

#208 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

do you guys think we will get a hard time trying to PM special slip covered versions to $29.99 price on amazon?

#209 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

GoT2 is $24.99 @ Frys.com

http://www.frys.com/product/7424375

oh shit dicks.....ah Fuck it, gonna get it at Target tomorrow...along with Girls Season 1 which is also on sale..... >_>
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#210 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

The regular edition on BB just dropped to $29.99. The exclusive covers are still $34.99.

I didn't even know there was a blu/dvd combo for season 1.

It was included in the collector's edition.

do you guys think we will get a hard time trying to PM special slip covered versions to $29.99 price on amazon?

Yes, consider yourself very lucky if you get them to do it.