PlayStation 4 Thread. Greatness Awaits.

• Please log in to reply
5718 replies to this topic

#961 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

Even if Facebook/Twitter go down, they could always just patch their system to support some other social networking site. It's not like people are going to stop sharing videos and pictures any time soon.

Yeah, that is true not, can easily patch it.

#962 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

So... what are the chances I can sell 2 PS3s (one 250GB slim unopened and the other an 80GB fatty) for a PS4? I'm on the fence about jumping in but if I can swing a system for "free" I might just go for it.

Edited by Javery, 01 March 2013 - 07:33 PM.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#963 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

So... what are the chances I can sell 2 PS3s (one 250GB slim unopened and the other an 80GB fatty) for a PS4? I'm on the fence about jumping in but if I can swing a system for "free" I might just go for it.

Decent chance. You can trade both systems in to GS for around $300. Add your games to the tally and you should be pretty close to a "free" PS4.

Edited by kill3r7, 01 March 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Xecutioner
CML

#964 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

i never sell game systems to get new systems it's just not worth it. I know for a fact there will be still some games coming out for just ps3 and 360 this fall seeing the games have been worked on for years. Plus seeing you can't play ps3 games on ps4 it's a no brainer to keep my ps3.

#965 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

That is good to know that I could get close. I actually have a 3rd PS3 that I will be keeping (forever, probably). I could trade in some games but they aren't worth much - I only have Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, God of War Collection and God of War III (which I still need to play). My dad had one he used as a blu-ray and Netflix player but he hated it (constant updates!) so he gave it to me and I won another system from EA at GDC last year. That's how have 3 of them.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#966 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Whether or not that will get you close depends on how much the PS4 is going to cost, and last I'd heard, the best we've heard is that Sony "hopes" to keep it under $600.
Posted Image

#967 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Whether or not that will get you close depends on how much the PS4 is going to cost, and last I'd heard, the best we've heard is that Sony "hopes" to keep it under $600.

Based on the overwhelmingly negative reception to the PS3's $600 launch price and considering how expensive 8GB of DDR5 RAM might be.... I'd guess we can expect a $500 system.

#968 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Based on the overwhelmingly negative reception to the PS3's $600 launch price and considering how expensive 8GB of DDR5 RAM might be.... I'd guess we can expect a $500 system.

The early rumor was two SKUs...one at $420, and one at $520.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#969 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

my guess would be 399.99 250 gb hd and 499.99 500 gb hd

#970 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

my guess would be 399.99 250 gb hd and 499.99 500 gb hd

If a larger hard drive is the only benefit of the more expensive model, and it's at least 50$ more expensive, I'd be disappointed with anything short of a terabyte. I'm also hoping they keep to the PS3 model and allow the hard drive to be swapped out with other 2.5 hard drives.

Now, throwing in a SSD drive could make things a little more interesting...

#971 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

i still have my org 250 in my slim only used about 80 gb's same wth my 250 xbox. I would not mind saving some money and just getting small size hard drive.

#972 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

If a larger hard drive is the only benefit of the more expensive model, and it's at least 50$ more expensive, I'd be disappointed with anything short of a terabyte. I'm also hoping they keep to the PS3 model and allow the hard drive to be swapped out with other 2.5 hard drives.

LOL, a terabyte, good luck with that.

#973 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

I think I won't be buying anymore ps3 games this year.
Posted Image

#974 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Going to miss out on the last of us?

#975 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

i think i won't be buying anymore ps3 games this year.

gta v?

#976 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

http://gamerant.com/...ismo-6-ps3-ps4/ according to that article gt6 is a ps3 title but he might be saying that seeing it has not been announced yet and could turn into ps4 title. might i ad beyond is a ps3 only game. if sony and microsoft think people will buy a new system if they just have games that are on two gen's of systems they might be that dumb.

you will be missing tons and tons of great games including beyond and last of us both are only for ps3 not ps4.

we will not get a giant leap in what games look or how they play this gen like we did from ps2 - ps3. Unless sony gives me games i like at launch like uncharted at this point it's not a day one product for me same goes on xbox side also. If i want fancy looking games i will just buy the game on pc that is already more powerful then ps4 and next xbox.

why would you need a Tb hard drive on a game system? i understand pc seeing you need to install every game and other files and what not but not gaming system. SSd lol those are like double the price of normal hd's not going to happen unless you want to add 100-200 bucks.

Edited by shrike4242, 03 March 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#977 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

why would you need a Tb hard drive on a game system? i understand pc seeing you need to install every game and other files and what not but not gaming system. SSd lol those are like double the price of normal hd's not going to happen unless you want to add 100-200 bucks.

No friggin clue why i'd need a terabyte hard drive...I just know that a 1TB 2.5" drive can be had for $90 off Newegg, so if a larger hard drive is the only reason for a more expensive SKU, it would have to be that high a capacity to be worth it. In your original example...$100 for a 250GB upgrade simply wouldn't cut it. So yeah, for $100, I'd either expect a high capacity or high speed (SSD) hard drive.

'Course, that assumes the hard drive is the only change. They could do something similar to the Wii U...pack in a game, a few accessories, maybe some free PS+.

#978 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

why would you need a Tb hard drive on a game system? i understand pc seeing you need to install every game and other files and what not but not gaming system.

Apparently, you don't have PS+. ;)

I only have around 300-400GB left on my 1TB drive, and I only installed it in July, heh.

Josh1billion.png

Check out my free Android puzzle game, Super Blackout.  90 levels + random level generator + level editor.

#979 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

I hope it does have a terabyte drive, especially if many of the games have mandatory installs like they do now.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#980 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm in no rush to get the PS4 when it releases (although I will be tempted if a new uncharted game is announced). I still have so many games to play for this gen.

#981 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm in no rush to get the PS4 when it releases (although I will be tempted if a new uncharted game is announced). I still have so many games to play for this gen.

i think you should wait, and just get the new tomb raider game to scratch that itch for the uncharted series. It is way better in terms of gameplay than all the previous uncharted games so far

#982 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Here is something I think Sony should do. First of all if I buy a game in the PSN Store, I should be downloading the latest version, none of this ok I downloaded, here is a gig patch.

Also I just bought GT5 XL. Why am I downloading 10 patches of unknown length to even be able to boot up the game, and then downloading who knows how much space of DLC. There has to be a better way.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#983 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Here is something I think Sony should do. First of all if I buy a game in the PSN Store, I should be downloading the latest version, none of this ok I downloaded, here is a gig patch.

Also I just bought GT5 XL. Why am I downloading 10 patches of unknown length to even be able to boot up the game, and then downloading who knows how much space of DLC. There has to be a better way.

Well, they have said that with the ps4 you'll be able to start playing a game even as it's installing. It's a start, but yeah, I agree the gratuitous patches are annoying. GT5 XL is probably the worst offender.

#984 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

I agree it's a A LOT of patches but I guess that I just look at it differently. I look at it as them caring enough to continuous patch the game and update it.

komentra.png

#985 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

I agree it's a A LOT of patches but I guess that I just look at it differently. I look at it as them caring enough to continuous patch the game and update it.

The patches are fine, but they should fix it so, as the post you quoted noted, when you buy a digital game you get the latest version with all the patches already applied.

Or just make PSN not slow as molasses so downloads and updates aren't so painful.

#986 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

That's one way to look at it.

Another way is GT5 is probably the worst offender as far as that goes. That game installs forever, patches forever, etc. But if it makes for a better game that's okay to me.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#987 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Apparently, you don't have PS+. ;)

I only have around 300-400GB left on my 1TB drive, and I only installed it in July, heh.

i have ps + but don't install everything lol

#988 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

after thinking for a week im in the same boat. last of us and beyond is ps3 only games. beyond will be out like a month before ps4 so why get a ps4 and ps3 still has great games coming out for it. Seems like ps4 will be another wii u with tons of ports of games on release that have been out on other systems for awhile. I would not be shocked if games like killzone and infamous is delayed past launch.

#989 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

If they add that pause feature that they are talking about for games for blu-ray movies as well and it works on ALL blu-ray movies, that will help sell me on the hardware. It annoys the crap out of me that only a fraction of blu-ray discs will remember your last location.

Guardian_owl.png

#990 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

If they add that pause feature that they are talking about for games for blu-ray movies as well and it works on ALL blu-ray movies, that will help sell me on the hardware. It annoys the crap out of me that only a fraction of blu-ray discs will remember your last location.

Still do not know why this should be a bonus it should be standard. I watch more DVD's on my PS3 because I can watch part of a movie ; exit out when my son wakes up from his nap and then finish up the movie.

Kamagii.png