PlayStation 4 Thread

• Please log in to reply
7016 replies to this topic

#1051 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

I wonder if sonys camera can do the things that kinect can do...because Xbone is talking about kinect 2.0 however there's a camera attached to the ps4 as well..... They had the specs of each camera and they did look similar.
Posted Image

#1052 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

I don't think Sony's is designed to always be watching you (I could be wrong) and it probably won't be shoehorned into every goddamn thing like Kinect will be.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#1053 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yeah there's no reason for Sony not to be quiet, the ball is pretty much in their court atm and E3 is in what? 16 days? It'll be here before we know it.

Didn't they already take some shots at MS, like the HTC One joke and the Fifa 14/CoD Ghosts coming to PS4? Those are the only two I know of that are legit, there's more but most of is probably jokes.

You'd think they'd say something about the DRM/used game policy. But I guess E3 isn't too far off.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1054 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=30224

#1055 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=8601&pictureid=30224

I agree.

As long as Sony isn't colluding with Microsoft against consumers it should be smooth sailing for them. Can't wait for PS4 and the new Infamous game.

#1056 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

I admittedly didn't care much for the games they've shown so far, so hopefully there is something at E3 they guarantee as a launch title that wold make me bite. Like a new proper Ratchet & Clank game (please) instead of these mediocre side projects the series has been doing lately...

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

#1057 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

I heard Insomniac said they were done with single player only games so it looks like the Ratchet and Clank series is likely retired. Their alliance with Electronic Arts is sufficient evidence of their treachery.

#1058 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

I heard Insomniac said they were done with single player only games so it looks like the Ratchet and Clank series is likely retired. Their alliance with Electronic Arts is sufficient evidence of their treachery.

Yep no more Insomniac R&C games, at least until they come running back to Sony with their tail between their legs. Sony still owns the IP though, one of Insomniac's complaints was with Sony they would never be able to own the IP's they made while working with/for them.

I'm hoping for a Last Guardian reveal at E3, I might consider buying a launch PS4 if they finally show it and it blows me away. Other than that, and Metal Gear, I don't think I really care about any "sequels" and would rather see some new stuff. Don't get me wrong, I loved inFamous, but Cole and Zeke made that game for me (even 2 with the crappy Cole voice actor).

#1059 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

EA did just close their "partners" label that Insomniac was working under and I think Fuse is going to bomb there has been no hype behind it whatsoever. They may go back to R & C games after that.

#1060 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Haha, EA will acquire and shut down Insomniac before they ever allow that to happen.

#1061 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Is playing online games on psn still free?!
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#1062 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Haha, EA will acquire and shut down Insomniac before they ever allow that to happen.

to acquire someone you would have to willingly sell so I doubt that happens.

And why would EA care if they went back to sony?

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#1063 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

We probably wont see another Ratchet and Clank game until around the time the R&C movie comes out.

#1064 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

to acquire someone you would have to willingly sell so I doubt that happens.

And why would EA care if they went back to sony?

It was a joke, genius. Considering EA's track record, not really all that outlandish.

#1065 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

I do want Uncharted 4, but not anywhere near the launch. 3 was good but not nearly as good as 2, they do not need to rush another out the door. Take their time with the next entry and make it epic.

#1066 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

Anyone else think Sony's a bit too quiet? With all the negativity towards MS right now, you'd think they'd want to do some promoting...

Why would they rubberneck? E3 is the big showdown and once the games are on the table, people will decide which 'gaming' console to buy this year.

And quite frankly, M$ is already doing far more harm than Sony could from promotions. :lol:

#1067 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I said it in the XBox one thread-If there stance on used games is similar, I can deal-Just make sure I buy stuff I want at the price I want, I'm patient enough. It's all the other stuff that really bugs me that as far as I know, Sony won't have (integration with Cable/Satellite TV even though that's slowly dying, forced Kinect BS and mandatory installs on the HD). That makes me lean way more in Sony's direction at this point.

#1068 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

For the millionth time, IS PSN STILL FREE?!
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

#1069 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

They haven't actually definitively answered that.

#1070 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

They haven't actually definitively answered that.

That would be terrible if they charged for it. Why should be pay for something that we were getting free last gen?
Mark Twain

#1071 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Some people have said Sony will charge because that's just leaving too much money on the table, but again nothing has been confirmed one way or the other.

#1072 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Paying a monthly fee just to be able to play the games you already paid for on the console you already paid for over the internet that you already pay for is some BS only Microsoft would even consider.

It's pretty dumb that people even have to use the phrase "free online" when referring to consoles now. Thank M$ for all that.

#1073 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

I think I remember Michael Pachter predicting that Sony WILL charge online with the PS4. He talks about it during one of his Pach Attack videos at gametrailers.

#1074 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah Patcher says lots of things, though admittedly he wasn't the only one saying they'd be stupid not to, basically make it an extension of Plus-i.e. it's required for online but you also get all this free stuff.

#1075 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1980
^Just reposting this from the xbox one thread. Let Sony know we don't want drm on used games. Doesn't matter if you support MS, Sony, or Nintendo. The gaming community should at least stand up for the right to do whatever they want with the games they paid for, used or new. Final decision is up to Sony but we can say at least we tried.

#1076 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1980
^Just reposting this from the xbox one thread. Let Sony know we don't want drm on used games. Doesn't matter if you support MS, Sony, or Nintendo. The gaming community should at least stand up for the right to do whatever they want with the games they paid for, used or new. Final decision is up to Sony but we can say at least we tried.

Interesting. Naturally nothing is final in the gaming industry, even if it requires a firmware update to fix/remove/add. Personally, I was OK with the $10 "Online Pass". EA has said they are getting rid of that, and that's great, but I would still rather see a $10 "Pre-owned" fee, than what MS is currently doing.

That said, I still want to be able to bring a game over to my friends' place and have fun playing there without leaving my account signed in for him ti continue playing. If he's simply playing off-line/singleplayer, he shouldn't have to pay anything, simple as that.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#1077 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Some people have said Sony will charge because that's just leaving too much money on the table, but again nothing has been confirmed one way or the other.

I get the feeling that some content will be gated and Sony is still deciding what will remain free and what will cost the PS+ membership. I very much doubt it will be drastic changes however, as they don't want to compete with themselves in relation to PS3. AFAIK there's very few launch titles that are PS4 exclusive at this point and none are heavy hitters or proven franchises outside of Killzone, which IMO is still a weak offering (I've never enjoyed KZ).

If they were to make the transition to PS4 a painful one this holiday season, I'd expect consumers to react by sticking with the PS3 and the bountiful assortment of great games still coming to it.

#1078 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Every podcast I've listened to int hte last week says we're going to see cross-gen games for several years. Has to be done to help off-set the costs of development.

#1079 GinnTokki

GinnTokki

CLG Seraph #1 Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

For the millionth time, IS PSN STILL FREE?!

I doubt they'd charge for being able to play online, as Sony has gotten a good reputation for not charging for that. A lot of the people who prefer PS3 over Xbox that I know of say it's mainly because of free online. I think Sony will instead charge for many things regarding the Share button. It just seems as though they could make good money off of including extra useful features with that Share function. I also think that Sony should/will add something similar to Xbox Live Parties. If they were to do so, I could imagine that being a Plus only experience.

#1080 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Is playing online games on psn still free?!

I hope so, otherwise I have no reason to create a PSN name and no reason to go online at all. Which means zero percent chance of me buying anything from the PSN store etc. I would think sony would again offer free access with PSN.

But also I think PSN+ is a great idea and it turned out pretty well for the PS3.

For the free games and discounts offered with a PSN+ model would get me to pay.