Photo
- - - - -

PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#91 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Just wanted to add that you can buy a red or blue Go shell for around $20 if you find one that's really banged up. As long as the screen is scratch free you can make it look like new again. The screen itself has no protection unlike the original psp.

#92 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Nope. You have to call. It only shows the refurbished ones on the site. I lucked out. The place closest to me had a few floating around.

Where In NY. I'm in NYC and kinda want to pick up a system!

#93 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Where In NY. I'm in NYC and kinda want to pick up a system!

I just picked one up from Steinway, Queens. When I left, they had 2 more in stock. Both in very good shape.

#94 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

well Fuck, TRU dock link is in store pickup only, and none of the ones near me have one in stock :(

Love my GO, great when I have to fly for work. Would like to have a dock so I can bring a DS3 and play it on the tv while in the hotel.

I believe monoprice.com has cheap cables needed to hook it up to the TV as well (since the dock, stupidly, doesn't come with cables IIRC).
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#95 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Buying a psp go was the best choice ever. (bluetooth + playing it on a tv = win)

#96 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

I traded in some ps3 games yesterday that I probably won't get around to playing anytime soon and amazingly got $80 in trade credit. My Gamestop had at least 5 used psp go's. I managed to find one in good shape. I love it's form factor, but not sure yet if I'm keeping it yet or not. I connected some video cables to it and works seamlessly with video out. This thing would be great with some component cables, ps3 controller, and jrpgs.

#97 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

I see many valid pros and cons in this discussion. Its fun reading thru em considering how much of a bad rap the PSP GO had upon release and rightly so in some regard. Things have a way of working themselves out in the end and regardless if this system was a failure financially, im still impressed what it has to offer in such a small form factor.

For those worried about M2 Memory Cards and storage don't fret. The internal 16GB of storage is plenty considering it takes hardly anytime to transfer what you want with the Media GO Application. In the mean time scout around for a decently priced 16GB M2 Memory Card. I paid around $25 for mine on Amazon but that was 2 years ago. I see prices have gone up but im sure you can snag one on ebay bidding on one.

The D-Pad is decent but the form factor will as one user stated give you GBA SP cramps. :D

Battery life for me is average. A full charge lasts me about 4 hours of gaming with brightness cranked and bluetooth and wi-fi disabled.

I was able to buy the dock and a extra ac adapter, travelers case and screen protector on clearance @ TRU for barely nothing so definitely check.

If you want to pair this with a dual shock controller remember that six axis controllers work as well. These controllers are lighter than the DS3 since their is no rumble feature. They are also a pain in the butt imho to pair with the system so Its nice to have a dedicated controller solely for your GO.

Im not cramping on the psp go. I just think they rush it. The only thing i dont like is the form factor. Everything else i like and can do the same on the psp 3000 besides using a ps3 controller while hook on tv. They had to do that on the go because it be awkward to play with the screen flip up.
Oh, anyone know how to get the games display full screen on HDTV? It only does the letterbox.

#98 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

How come all my posts get deleted here?

I asked for someone to help me get one.....

#99 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

How come all my posts get deleted here?

I asked for someone to help me get one.....

Mine did too when I responded to you. Anyway, there are a bunch at the short hills GameStop if you are close to that.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#100 Rsnuffdog

Rsnuffdog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

great post. was able to find a white one in really good shape with a case. Win for me!

#101 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Got a black one. Took me to about 6-7 gamestops in the Buffalo area but finally was able to find one.
Posted Image

#102 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

I know CFW talk is kind of taboo around here, but I'll just say this: For those of you on the fence with this thing, I think this is really only worth it if you're willing to go that route. I was honestly pretty shocked as to how easy it was to get it up and running, and it's incredible. Especially with the $10 off coupon, you can't beat it.

I have a feeling I'm going to be dumping a lot more money into this thing though lol between the dock / PSP 3000 cord, TV cord, and 16GB memory card.

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#103 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Grabbed a brand new white pspgo in queens for 49.99. It was used but not a scratch or fingerprint on it. Super happy I got one.

I've been looking at this tread and I'm kind of confused. If I want to play this on my tv, do I just need pspgo av cables? Do I need the cradle or is that just to make it easier to pop the pspgo on there and output it to the tv without having to fiddle with cables?

I'm trying to find pspgo av cables. Do retailers still carry those? Or is my best bet amazon or something?

#104 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Anyone wanna hunt one down for me? None are in the 7 GS in my area

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#105 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Especially with the $10 off coupon, you can't beat it.

I find the 16GB of the machine a good amount and don't need to carry that many games, unless I can find an M2 card dirt cheap I won't buy one.
Also, I never got that $10off from my poweruprewards :(
If anyone has one that they won't use I would gladly take it off their hands and do an adjustment for the Go I got last week. I'm loving the size so far, perfect for my labcoat at late nights in the hospital and won't run down my iPhone battery.
I also got for $5 the PSP go - power a - starter kit from GS (sticker says costs $20), it is still on their website so you can search and reserve pickup before you go. It has a zipper case, headphones and cleaning cloth.
I'm also considering one of those fake leather traveler cases, but still undecided, especially since I got the starter kit (still sealed though).

Edited by Carlanga, 03 February 2013 - 09:33 PM.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#106 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Found another one today, in better shape than the others I got. Screen looks almost perfect, and it came pre-loaded with lots of games internally, and on a 4gb memory card that was also included. Amazing how a lot of these have games still on them, I figured Gamestop would have cleaned them out before selling.

#107 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I dont even know if I want one or what id use it for but seeing everyone here flip out over it makes me want to go and get one, lol

#108 darken

darken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Grabbed a brand new white pspgo in queens for 49.99. It was used but not a scratch or fingerprint on it. Super happy I got one.

I've been looking at this tread and I'm kind of confused. If I want to play this on my tv, do I just need pspgo av cables? Do I need the cradle or is that just to make it easier to pop the pspgo on there and output it to the tv without having to fiddle with cables?

I'm trying to find pspgo av cables. Do retailers still carry those? Or is my best bet amazon or something?

For connecting to a TV, definitely need the av cable. Cradle helps too. Without the cradle, you can only hook up the av cable but sooner or later your battery will die down. With the cradle, you can connect av cable as well as the ac adapter so you can play for long periods of time.

For accessories, they've been clearanced at Kmart, Target, and TRU. Previously, I've seen them at local Kmarts and TRU. I'm on the island so not sure if ones in Queens have much. Plus I saw some of these a few months ago. Haven't looked recently.
Posted Image

#109 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

I saw a bunch of PSP Go cradles and component AV cables at TRU today, picked up one cradle since I already have the component cable. They're marked down to 9.98 for each item. Use the cradle to dock the Go, then plug the component cable into the dock and your TV, pair a PS3 DS3 controller with your Go, and you have a mini console. Admittedly you're not going to get high resolution and you'll have borders on your TV, but it still works great.

#110 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Just as the used model is a $10 discount from the "recharged ones," it also applies for the 3000, making it $70. $50 for the Go is pretty nice for a mostly RPG player, but I'd rather have a 3000 for more action games.

Batsugunner.png

#111 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

accessories are also clearanced at Sony stores. picked up a second set of AV cables this weekend for $2

#112 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Just as the used model is a $10 discount from the "recharged ones," it also applies for the 3000, making it $70. $50 for the Go is pretty nice for a mostly RPG player, but I'd rather have a 3000 for more action games.

If someone wanted to go with a 3000 ($70), why not spend the extra $30 for a new one?

#113 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

lol. According to my gamestop, no gamestops "sell used psp go's".

#114 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Just called my local store and they have one for $50... I don't really need one as I can play games on my Vita. The sad thing is I could use this solely for PSP and/or PS1 games and it would still be cheaper than a 16GB Vita memory card. :)

#115 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Found one at a local GameStop. For whatever reason, it got rung up incorrectly and I got it for around $20 after the mistake and $10 coupon.

Now to sink more money into this by buying a dock, av cables, etc. to set this up as a little portable console. Also I look forward to adding cfw and playing homebrew and other "things."

So far I like it, the size is really nice, reminds me of a gameboy micro, obviously much more capable. This is my first psp of any kind, so I have a lot of games to play and catch up.

#116 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

I saw a bunch of PSP Go cradles and component AV cables at TRU today, picked up one cradle since I already have the component cable. They're marked down to 9.98 for each item. Use the cradle to dock the Go, then plug the component cable into the dock and your TV, pair a PS3 DS3 controller with your Go, and you have a mini console. Admittedly you're not going to get high resolution and you'll have borders on your TV, but it still works great.

Are you a NYC local?

Either way, thanks for the tip. I'll check out a gamestop close to where I work tomorrow. Will also swing by a TRU.

The system is extremely small. Loving it. I just hope my relationship between me and my vita doesn't go sour! :)

#117 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

If someone wanted to go with a 3000 ($70), why not spend the extra $30 for a new one?

Yeah, aren't these like 99 bucks brand new at target? Whoever is talking about getting a used one, I'd definitely go to target and buy new. Unless you're looking to just fiddle around with it for a few days and return it. Then yes, I'd go used.

#118 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

I can see if the stores around here have any when I go and try to get a copy of Fire Emblem if anyone wants one.

#119 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

The people at my Gamestop are really cool and are holding a white system for me. They said it has minor scratches on the screen, but if they aren't too bad I will pick it up.

#120 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Are you a NYC local?

Either way, thanks for the tip. I'll check out a gamestop close to where I work tomorrow. Will also swing by a TRU.

The system is extremely small. Loving it. I just hope my relationship between me and my vita doesn't go sour! :)

No, I'm in Northern VA area. If you can't find those accessories I can get them for you and ship them at cost; but keep in mind they're clearanced out everywhere and can even be found on Ebay cheap. You can often get them cheaper for the prices I saw at TRU.

I won an auction on Ebay for these Go accessories (new in package): AC adapter, component cable, and USB cable, all for 16.50 shipped. There should be plenty of these available on Ebay, just keep your eyes out.

Edited by chimpmeister, 05 February 2013 - 05:01 PM.