PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
i called up my local gs and they had one in stock so i went to my power up rewards and found they have a coupon for 10$ off any psp ds wii. So i downloaded it on my tablet and got it for 43$ also mine came with the official psp go zipper bag & leather case! The only draw back is its black i would of preferred the white one.

[quote name='dragonjud']Yes, there're a few of us that hate it. :lol:
There also a few other problems with the screen on the 3000, and ghosting does still occur.
I prefer the 2000 screens, and I don't mind the Go's screen at all.

Btw, this is a good deal, but let's not pretend it's perfect. Your hands will cramp after 30 minutes during most play sessions on the Go, unless you've got tiny girly hands.[/QUOTE]

yeah, none of the psp systems are perfect. but the Vita is, so that's my psp these days

This is probably the best $50 I've spent in a while, really glad I got my hands on one. Definitely want to get the dock, TV cable, and a memory card for it. Anyone know where to score a cheap one? Wish it took MS pro duo over the stupid m2 cards.. That's really the only advantage I can find for the 1000/2000/3000 series over this. Had a 64GB 1000 which was great and didn't cost that much but it was old and scratched to hell.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']This is probably the best $50 I've spent in a while, really glad I got my hands on one. Definitely want to get the dock, TV cable, and a memory card for it. Anyone know where to score a cheap one? Wish it took MS pro duo over the stupid m2 cards.. That's really the only advantage I can find for the 1000/2000/3000 series over this. Had a 64GB 1000 which was great and didn't cost that much but it was old and scratched to hell.[/QUOTE]

toys r us has the dock for $10. Kmart may have some M2 2GB, 4GB,8GB card YMMV. remember, the psp go has 16GB internal memory and can only max at 32GB (with a M2 card)

I prefer the psp 3000 (got it at sears) because I got the component cable for $1.99, psp camera, and cheap 4GB memnory pro duo. I debated on psp go, but the way its setup hands may cramp after 20 mins of use. Isnt the psp go screen the same as the 3000?

Thanks. Was able to get a white one that came with a case and was in nearly perfect condition. It also came with FIFA, LBP, echochrome, Loco Roco 2, Dissidia, and Tekken 6 :)
Gonna be using it to play all PS1 games from PSN.

[quote name='The Punisher'] Isnt the psp go screen the same as the 3000?[/QUOTE]

No, the PSP Go screen is smaller (3.8" vs. 4.3") but higher quality.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I'd keep the Vita if I were you. Much larger screen with better color saturation, larger form factor (so its easier to play for extended periods), better controls (including dual analogs), better CPU/GPU/RAM, faster loading, etc. Get a cheap Go as well, for homebrew and easy travel, and you're good.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that as well. I got the Vita for a good price and with free PS+ the free games are nice. As for games on the Vita, so far I have enjoyed Uncharted, LBP, Lego LoTR, and the Sonic Racing. I haven't even gotten to Gravity Rush and the Sly demo was pretty fun.

The Go for $50 is a great price, and if I can find one I might pick it up in addition to the Vita, instead of replacing it as I originally intended. I think PS1 games might look better on the Go. Right now they only take up a smart part of the screen on the Vita. I know you can adjust it, but I haven't found any of the other screen options to be that great.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, the PSP Go screen is smaller (3.8" vs. 4.3") but higher quality.[/QUOTE]

I know the size. I was talking about the quality

[quote name='The Punisher']Isnt the psp go screen the same as the 3000?

I know the size. I was talking about the quality[/QUOTE]

I mentioned the quality. You didn't say anything about the screen size, so I thought I'd mention that. Not everyone appears to know the difference.

First Gamestop I went to had five in a drawer. Picked out the best screen and was happy. The guy standing next to me did a double-take when I asked for one. I'm sure he just follows the fashionable trend of bashing the Go.

I think it was over the summer at Kmart I picked up some component cables for it even though I didn't have one. They were crazy cheap (less than a dollar) so I figured why not. I also picked up a couple M2 cards from Kmart in the past year. Now the only stuff I've seen at Kmart are cases.

Huh. All this talk of emulation (particularly that one CAG who posted his enjoyment of Earthbound...my all-time favorite game) has me itching to try my local store to check their stock.

I was planning on stopping by tomorrow to ask if they have my artbook for preordering Fire Emblem: Awakening already, so I'll check while I'm there. :D

Quick question for people that have bought this. I have the old psp2000 and have a number of memory sticks and all that for it. Is it even worth it to get this even at this price? One of my big issues is having to use proprietary plug to charge and connect. Second, I will also have to buy another memory card for almost the price of the system. Any opinions? Am I wrong on some of my assumptions?

[quote name='tankass']Quick question for people that have bought this. I have the old psp2000 and have a number of memory sticks and all that for it. Is it even worth it to get this even at this price? One of my big issues is having to use proprietary plug to charge and connect. Second, I will also have to buy another memory card for almost the price of the system. Any opinions? Am I wrong on some of my assumptions?[/QUOTE]

I have a 1000 and i ended up buying it just cause i only used my psp to play ps1 games and didnt like lugging it around. As for the memory card, you dont really need one cause the go comes with 16gb internal memory.

[quote name='chickenbutt']I have a 1000 and i ended up buying it just cause i only used my psp to play ps1 games and didnt like lugging it around. As for the memory card, you dont really need one cause the go comes with 16gb internal memory.[/QUOTE]

So you dont feel that you need an extra memory card? How do you feel about the battery compared to the 1000? Thanks for the info.

I have a 3000 and I bought this for fifty bucks at kmart, (my second one) With the cradle and a ps3 controller I use it to play games on the tv. I believe the cradle is still available at Toys R Us for $9.98.

[quote name='camelking6969']is there no way to look it up on the gamestop website[/QUOTE]

Nope. You have to call. It only shows the refurbished ones on the site. I lucked out. The place closest to me had a few floating around.

Got a white one at the Gamestop in Bridgeville Pa. I've seen a bunch of them at Toys R Us and Walmart still, but their marked at $169 still.

I guess I said something I shouldn't have before, so I'll just repeat the important part. Make sure they plug the Go in at the store. I went through 2 stores where the units wouldn't charge at all before hitting pay dirt at the third store.

I see many valid pros and cons in this discussion. Its fun reading thru em considering how much of a bad rap the PSP GO had upon release and rightly so in some regard. Things have a way of working themselves out in the end and regardless if this system was a failure financially, im still impressed what it has to offer in such a small form factor.

For those worried about M2 Memory Cards and storage don't fret. The internal 16GB of storage is plenty considering it takes hardly anytime to transfer what you want with the Media GO Application. In the mean time scout around for a decently priced 16GB M2 Memory Card. I paid around $25 for mine on Amazon but that was 2 years ago. I see prices have gone up but im sure you can snag one on ebay bidding on one.

The D-Pad is decent but the form factor will as one user stated give you GBA SP cramps. :D

Battery life for me is average. A full charge lasts me about 4 hours of gaming with brightness cranked and bluetooth and wi-fi disabled.

I was able to buy the dock and a extra ac adapter, travelers case and screen protector on clearance @ TRU for barely nothing so definitely check.

If you want to pair this with a dual shock controller remember that six axis controllers work as well. These controllers are lighter than the DS3 since their is no rumble feature. They are also a pain in the butt imho to pair with the system so Its nice to have a dedicated controller solely for your GO.

Still kind of torn on this.
I want to get one for its portability, but I just got a Vita and another PSP 1000 to replace my old one that broke. I have an 8, a 4, another 4, and a 2GB memory card for the PSP.

Maybe I could trade them in along with some old UMDs. GameStop's low TiVs scare me off though

[quote name='htz']http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/17/rumor-psp2-prototype-images-leaked/

When Sony was in development of the PS Vita, they went with the PSP Go design first but later decided against it. Pictures of the prototype in the above link.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Why do these "leaked" pictures always look like they were taken with the same camera used to photograph Big Foot.

Glad they did not go that route. I think it would have made it more cumbersome.

I picked up one of the $59 "Recharged" ones (using store pickup) since I didn't have time today to call every store to hunt down a "used" one and I know in my area any good deals are gone by the first day.. (only 2 stores in a 30 mile radius had them) and what a joke for the extra $10. Mine came in decent (but definitely not "like new") condition, cables haphazardly thrown in under the unit rubber banded together, screen protector already on (thankfully whoever did it did a good job) but the wrappers/etc for it all tossed, headphones (used? new? who knows...eeew!) and a few random hairs (eek) for good measure. The Go's memory was wiped of any games, but the previous owner's PSN account, email, Wifi setup, etc, was all still on the unit. (and strangely that person's birthday was only a day away from mine). Sounds like a lot of you got a lot better "used" ones..!

The screws on the back of the screen seem a bit lose too, and I just noticed 3 of the 4 screws on the back of the main unit are stripped, so maybe mine did have some repairs done to it. By someone entirely incompetent. :/

I think mine was maybe a "Recharged" that someone returned in crappy condition and they never really looked at it when they took it back.

That said, I really like the form factor and I can see myself maybe using this under the right conditions as a music/video player that can play some games. I picked up a $10 dock at TRU and am looking now for some TV cables.

Just wanted to add that you can buy a red or blue Go shell for around $20 if you find one that's really banged up. As long as the screen is scratch free you can make it look like new again. The screen itself has no protection unlike the original psp.

[quote name='One51']Nope. You have to call. It only shows the refurbished ones on the site. I lucked out. The place closest to me had a few floating around.[/QUOTE]

Where In NY. I'm in NYC and kinda want to pick up a system!

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Where In NY. I'm in NYC and kinda want to pick up a system![/QUOTE]

I just picked one up from Steinway, Queens. When I left, they had 2 more in stock. Both in very good shape.

Could someone please help me find a decent White one....

NJ Gamestops never carry this stuff....
Checked two near me.......
The rest are over an hour away.

well fuck, TRU dock link is in store pickup only, and none of the ones near me have one in stock :(

Love my GO, great when I have to fly for work. Would like to have a dock so I can bring a DS3 and play it on the tv while in the hotel.

I believe monoprice.com has cheap cables needed to hook it up to the TV as well (since the dock, stupidly, doesn't come with cables IIRC).

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Could someone please help me find a decent White one....

NJ Gamestops never carry this stuff....
Checked two near me.......
The rest are over an hour away.[/QUOTE]

Where did you look in NJ? I'm in Union county and was planning on calling around when everyone opened up.

I traded in some ps3 games yesterday that I probably won't get around to playing anytime soon and amazingly got $80 in trade credit. My Gamestop had at least 5 used psp go's. I managed to find one in good shape. I love it's form factor, but not sure yet if I'm keeping it yet or not. I connected some video cables to it and works seamlessly with video out. This thing would be great with some component cables, ps3 controller, and jrpgs.

[quote name='sainrub']I see many valid pros and cons in this discussion. Its fun reading thru em considering how much of a bad rap the PSP GO had upon release and rightly so in some regard. Things have a way of working themselves out in the end and regardless if this system was a failure financially, im still impressed what it has to offer in such a small form factor.

For those worried about M2 Memory Cards and storage don't fret. The internal 16GB of storage is plenty considering it takes hardly anytime to transfer what you want with the Media GO Application. In the mean time scout around for a decently priced 16GB M2 Memory Card. I paid around $25 for mine on Amazon but that was 2 years ago. I see prices have gone up but im sure you can snag one on ebay bidding on one.

The D-Pad is decent but the form factor will as one user stated give you GBA SP cramps. :D

Battery life for me is average. A full charge lasts me about 4 hours of gaming with brightness cranked and bluetooth and wi-fi disabled.

I was able to buy the dock and a extra ac adapter, travelers case and screen protector on clearance @ TRU for barely nothing so definitely check.

If you want to pair this with a dual shock controller remember that six axis controllers work as well. These controllers are lighter than the DS3 since their is no rumble feature. They are also a pain in the butt imho to pair with the system so Its nice to have a dedicated controller solely for your GO.[/QUOTE]

Im not cramping on the psp go. I just think they rush it. The only thing i dont like is the form factor. Everything else i like and can do the same on the psp 3000 besides using a ps3 controller while hook on tv. They had to do that on the go because it be awkward to play with the screen flip up.
Oh, anyone know how to get the games display full screen on HDTV? It only does the letterbox.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']How come all my posts get deleted here?

I asked for someone to help me get one.....[/QUOTE]

Mine did too when I responded to you. Anyway, there are a bunch at the short hills GameStop if you are close to that.

I know CFW talk is kind of taboo around here, but I'll just say this: For those of you on the fence with this thing, I think this is really only worth it if you're willing to go that route. I was honestly pretty shocked as to how easy it was to get it up and running, and it's incredible. Especially with the $10 off coupon, you can't beat it.

I have a feeling I'm going to be dumping a lot more money into this thing though lol between the dock / PSP 3000 cord, TV cord, and 16GB memory card.

Grabbed a brand new white pspgo in queens for 49.99. It was used but not a scratch or fingerprint on it. Super happy I got one.

I've been looking at this tread and I'm kind of confused. If I want to play this on my tv, do I just need pspgo av cables? Do I need the cradle or is that just to make it easier to pop the pspgo on there and output it to the tv without having to fiddle with cables?

I'm trying to find pspgo av cables. Do retailers still carry those? Or is my best bet amazon or something?

[quote name='MillerTime2523'] Especially with the $10 off coupon, you can't beat it.[/QUOTE]
I find the 16GB of the machine a good amount and don't need to carry that many games, unless I can find an M2 card dirt cheap I won't buy one.
Also, I never got that $10off from my poweruprewards :(
If anyone has one that they won't use I would gladly take it off their hands and do an adjustment for the Go I got last week. I'm loving the size so far, perfect for my labcoat at late nights in the hospital and won't run down my iPhone battery.
I also got for $5 the PSP go - power a - starter kit from GS (sticker says costs $20), it is still on their website so you can search and reserve pickup before you go. It has a zipper case, headphones and cleaning cloth.
I'm also considering one of those fake leather traveler cases, but still undecided, especially since I got the starter kit (still sealed though).

bread's done
Back