PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Carlanga']I see people mentioning theirs were on bags instead of the box?
Was mine the only one that came in their original box, with all documents? Or are the refurbished units the ones that are in bags?
So far loving this little machine, I have about 20 PSP games, all NES games and like 80 SNES games all inside the internal memory.[/QUOTE]
Mine came on a bag, used not refurbished. Only thing it came with was the two piece power cable.

[quote name='chimpmeister']All the systems I checked out were bare, no box or documents, only the AC/USB cord.[/QUOTE]

this is how my nearest store kept their systems.

Mine came in a plastic bag with the charger but no memory stick. I asked the employee (the manager) on duty to see all of the PSP Go's and inspected all of them one by one. He got a little snickery and even said "do you want to see all 15?" and I said yes because I want to pick out the best one. I even asked the guy if any had the memory sticks but they told me they took them all out (greedy). Ended up picking the one with what I believe is the OEM plastic protection screen. Will pick up the white one later this week.

FYI - they had a ton of DS systems on the those clear plastic baggies and other accessories, too bad I already the original 3DS or I would have picked up a DSi XL in the future.

[quote name='JYabbz']Mine came in a plastic bag with the charger but no memory stick. I asked the employee (the manager) on duty to see all of the PSP Go's and inspected all of them one by one. He got a little snickery and even said "do you want to see all 15?" and I said yes because I want to pick out the best one. I even asked the guy if any had the memory sticks but they told me they took them all out (greedy). Ended up picking the one with what I believe is the OEM plastic protection screen. Will pick up the white one later this week.

FYI - they had a ton of DS systems on the those clear plastic baggies and other accessories, too bad I already the original 3DS or I would have picked up a DSi XL in the future.[/QUOTE]

What a dick. Its your god damn money buy the one you want.

[quote name='Carlanga']I see people mentioning theirs were on bags instead of the box?
Was mine the only one that came in their original box, with all documents? Or are the refurbished units the ones that are in bags?
So far loving this little machine, I have about 20 PSP games, all NES games and like 80 SNES games all inside the internal memory.[/QUOTE]

Whoops... Meant to send this in a PM. Sorry guys!

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']I dont get why people think there should be a memory card in the go..[/QUOTE]

Well two of my three black Go systems came with memory sticks already in the system, and plenty of PSP games loaded on each one. The third one was cleaned out, no stick and no games, but it had a checklist on it indicating card removed, contents deleted, system cleaned, etc.

I think some Gamestops are just lazy and don't bother to clean their Go systems out before reselling. Fine by me!

[quote name='kojiro']I'd love to get one of these, but my Gamestops both grief me so badly for wanting to check the condition of anything. You wouldn't believe how many games these two stores get with cracked inner rings on discs or scratches that would cause a game not to play.[/QUOTE]

It's a good idea to check if everything is in order. Just picked up a PSPGo for a fellow CAG but the right and left bumper are all screwy. I should have known something was up since this bag has like 50 staple holes in it.

Sermon from the Church of the PSPGo:

Oh yew people rating this thread 2 stars. Thou must see the light that is the PSPGo.

For thou shalt couple it with component cables, a cradle, a PS3 controller and an original PSP AC adapter and be taken to the blissfully reaches of 5 star gaming.

Aaaaaaaaameeeeeeen.

[quote name='bg2001']Sermon from the Church of the PSPGo:

Oh yew people rating this thread 2 stars. Thou must see the light that is the PSPGo.

For thou shalt couple it with component cables, a cradle, a PS3 controller and an original PSP AC adapter and be taken to the blissfully reaches of 5 star gaming.

Aaaaaaaaameeeeeeen.[/QUOTE]

Preach it brother!

[quote name='Minions']lol. According to my gamestop, no gamestops "sell used psp go's".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine told me that no GameStops in the district sold or traded them anymore. You should still check around your area though. A GS in the next city had a white one in great condition.

Got the only one I could find today - has a couple of scratches on he front and now I'm having a little buyer's remorse. :( I'll fully test it when I get home from work.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Got the only one I could find today - has a couple of scratches on he front and now I'm having a little buyer's remorse. :( I'll fully test it when I get home from work.[/QUOTE]

Two of mine have some scratches on the screens, but they aren't terrible and when the system is on, not noticeable. See if you notice them while the system is powered on, if not they shouldn't be a problem. I'm keeping both of mine that have minor scratches, and one more that's nearly mint.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Two of mine have some scratches on the screens, but they aren't terrible and when the system is on, not noticeable. See if you notice them while the system is powered on, if not they shouldn't be a problem. I'm keeping both of mine that have minor scratches, and one more that's nearly mint.[/QUOTE]
if it's minor scratches, once you put a screen protector, they "disappear" at least the two small minor ones I had

My local gamestop has one, but I've opted not to get it afterall. I already have a PS Vita, so I can already play everything (except HB) on it. I think i'm going to keep a look out for a cheap 3DS or DSi.

[quote name='Carlanga']if it's minor scratches, once you put a screen protector, they "disappear" at least the two small minor ones I had[/QUOTE]

This is true, I had an extra cell phone one around that definitely improved the screen. However, some of the deeper ones persist. But it's not terrible. So if you have just light scratches this could help a lot in hiding them.

[quote name='jedolley']My local gamestop has one, but I've opted not to get it afterall. I already have a PS Vita, so I can already play everything (except HB) on it. I think i'm going to keep a look out for a cheap 3DS or DSi.[/QUOTE]

Theres absolutely no reason to get a DSi if you plan on getting a 3DS.

[quote name='Gosha']Theres absolutely no reason to get a DSi if you plan on getting a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

I said 3DS OR a DSi. Obviously I would prefer a 3DS more, but would get a DSi if I found one really cheap.

Not going to pay close to retail for a 3DS as I really don't need one, but would be nice to have for the right price.

I love mine that I picked up for $70 a few months back. PSPGo + Docking Station + Component Cables + Dualshock controller + PS3 3D TV = Awesomeness.

I picked up a pretty good black PSPgo from a local gamestop. I called a couple of toys r us around me and they said they don't carry any more PSP Go cradles or component cables. They only had PS Vita cradles. Anyone know where I can get the psp go cradles/component cables in NYC for decent prices?

It's really ridiculous they couldn't spare any kind of screen coating to protect it a bit better. Seems the biggest issue is the screen scratches since they are on almost every single one. My phone of almost 3 years has not a single scratch and hasn't had a screen protector since day one, and it's in my pocket every single day.

I might go back this week and look over some of their refurbished units to see if I can get a pristine screen. Still, I'm pretty happy with my cheap PSPGo, even with a scratch or two. I have it full of games already, and playing PSone games on it looks great...though super small if you play then in original format. That's okay though.

[quote name='simmias']I love mine that I picked up for $70 a few months back. PSPGo + Docking Station + Component Cables + Dualshock controller + PS3 3D TV = Awesomeness.[/QUOTE]

What's the advantage of the combo? If you don't mind me asking, I'm genuinely curious.

[quote name='moopher']What's the advantage of the combo? If you don't mind me asking, I'm genuinely curious.[/QUOTE]

Handheld + Console (able to use PS3 controller with HD video out & permanent power source with cradle and original PSP AC adapter).

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']I picked up a pretty good black PSPgo from a local gamestop. I called a couple of toys r us around me and they said they don't carry any more PSP Go cradles or component cables. They only had PS Vita cradles. Anyone know where I can get the psp go cradles/component cables in NYC for decent prices?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about in your area, but you may want to check Deal Extreme online.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']I picked up a pretty good black PSPgo from a local gamestop. I called a couple of toys r us around me and they said they don't carry any more PSP Go cradles or component cables. They only had PS Vita cradles. Anyone know where I can get the psp go cradles/component cables in NYC for decent prices?[/QUOTE]

Did you get that black unit in queens? Stanwix street?

I wish I had nabbed the Toys R Us cradle. These things are pretty pricey elsewhere. Looks like the MSRP is $29.99 on the Sony store.

Whack.

I might try my local TRU tomorrow, even though the site says there aren't any cradles there. How accurate is TRUs stock checker?

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Did you get that black unit in queens? Stanwix street?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got the black unit on the Steinway street Gamestop. I think there was another one left but it had a scratch on it. I didn't really get a good look at it but the girl at the register let me look at both of them and choose whichever one I wanted. The one I got has two very minor scratches that are hard to see but I plan on using it more to play my psp games on my TV. So all I need now is to find a cheaply priced cradle to go with some component cables I ordered off ebay.

I picked up a white one yesterday. Though they gave me the wrong USB cord and it wouldn't fit the PSP go... it was fatter (maybe a Vita's cord?), luckily they found the right one but it sucked I had to go back to the store to do so. No PSP go accessories anywhere around my hometown whatsoever at Toys R Us so I broke down and ordered a cradle and AV cord off Amazon ($30 total) :/ Then I grabbed an 8 GB Card off eBay... Next I need to find a original PSP charger to plug into the dock itself as I don't think it comes with one :(

More work, and more money than I planned to spend, but it should make it a fun little console, heh.

I guess I can sell my PSP 3000 with my AV Cord once this is all said and done.

[quote name='kube00']Looking to possibly get a cradle...I haven't seen one at Target, I may check TRU[/QUOTE]

I had found one used at GameStop for $4.99 last time these dropped.

[quote name='iamamoogle']Then I grabbed an 8 GB Card off eBay...[/QUOTE]

Why would you do that? The on-board 16gb is more than enough. I've got 16 games on there and still have about 1.8gb left. That's not counting the 'extracurricular' applications on mine.

[quote name='bg2001']Handheld + Console (able to use PS3 controller with HD video out & permanent power source with cradle and original PSP AC adapter).[/QUOTE]
And the PS3 3D TV has a special "PSP Mode" that upscales the image and fits it to screen. If you output the PSP to a regular TV it only fills part of the screen for some reason. You can fiddle with the zoom options, but the 3D TV has one specially made for the PSP.

But being able to play with a Dualshock is one of the best things about the PSPGo, IMO.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Yeah I got the black unit on the Steinway street Gamestop. I think there was another one left but it had a scratch on it. I didn't really get a good look at it but the girl at the register let me look at both of them and choose whichever one I wanted. The one I got has two very minor scratches that are hard to see but I plan on using it more to play my psp games on my TV. So all I need now is to find a cheaply priced cradle to go with some component cables I ordered off ebay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ran out to that gamestop over the weekend. The unit that I saw was pretty beat so I passed. He informed me that the gamestop in Sunnyside (where I actually live) had 3. I flew over there and they had a white one. Basically brand new. Not a fingerprint on it so I bought it. The employee was like, "I was going to buy this today" - Well, I guess that didn't happen since I grabbed it.

I've been looking for the cradle and for the A/V cables. FYI, I had no luck at the following places (TRU @ Times Square, Bookoff on 45th, Gamestop at 30 Rock) So don't try those places. I called TRU over on broadway in Long Island City and they said they didn't have anything either.

I'm still looking. If you come across any stores that have some, Let me know. I want a cradle and A/V Cables.

Good luck on the hunt!

Do you need to purchase additional cables if you buy a cradle? Does it come with all the cables you need? I'm guessing you need a power cable of some sort to plug in the wall to keep the unit charged, correct? Are you able to use the charging cable that came with the PSP Go on the cradle? Just trying to figure out what I need if I decide to order online!

The cradle comes all by its lonesome. I'll look at my setup when I get home if no one else answers, but I think I had to go with Go-specific cables, then used the charger from my PSP 2000. I think the output cables and the charger use the same input on the go, so that's why you need the older charger for the dock.

Good thing I bought up some pspGo accessories at KMART before they all sold out of them! Hmmm, if anyone finds a white pspGo at their Gamestop in decent condition, PM me to work something out. They didnt have any in the boston area when I went looking 3 months ago.

Edit: Those looking for a charger can still get it at the sonyrewards store for 1500 points.
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/brows...95402079072488&p_p=2&CSRT=9064927007705769399

Is there any way to support multiple controllers, or at least have a DS3 as player 1 and the pspgo as 2? This would be amazing for SNES or NES games.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Is there any way to support multiple controllers, or at least have a DS3 as player 1 and the pspgo as 2? This would be amazing for SNES or NES games.[/QUOTE]

All of this is for the developer's forums, but everyone I've come across on those are so unlikely to help anybody it's crazy.

I picked up a black one in good condition, thanks everyone that contributed to this thread! I think it has an issue though. It doesn't play any sound while charging either through the speakers or the headphone jack. Anyone else experience this?

I'm struggling to decide if I want to go out and look for one or not. I already have a PSP-1000 and it suits my purposes fine. Is there any great advantage to the PSP Go vs an older one?

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I'm struggling to decide if I want to go out and look for one or not. I already have a PSP-1000 and it suits my purposes fine. Is there any great advantage to the PSP Go vs an older one?[/QUOTE]

DS3 support.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I'm struggling to decide if I want to go out and look for one or not. I already have a PSP-1000 and it suits my purposes fine. Is there any great advantage to the PSP Go vs an older one?[/QUOTE]

1. better screen brightness/look etc
2. built in 16gb memory
3. dualshock 3 bluetooth support (the only psp that has this)
4. TV output (combine with the dualshock 3 and you can essentially play psone games as they were back in the day...but with MUCH BETTER resolution. seriously.) Not to mention you can also play psp games on your tv.

...I bought mine new about a year and a half ago for $100 new. Honestly I love it.

Better screen? I like it for the form factor and that I can get away playing with it with no one really knowing it is a PSP. I have the 3000 myself and love that it can play UMD's but I like the PSP Go for its portability. I like it so much, I kinda of want to get the white one as well. Only down side are the m2 memory cards are so expensive compared to the phats and slims.

I'm thinking about buying one of these to use as a Final Fantasy machine. With this great PSN sale featuring all those Final Fantasy games half off it might be worth it. I already have a Vita but I only have a 8GB memory card with it and that fills up too fast (especially with all the PS+ games I have). I guess this is the definition of a first world problem?

[quote name='jr233270']I'm thinking about buying one of these to use as a Final Fantasy machine. With this great PSN sale featuring all those Final Fantasy games half off it might be worth it. I already have a Vita but I only have a 8GB memory card with it and that fills up too fast (especially with all the PS+ games I have). I guess this is the definition of a first world problem?[/QUOTE]

This was my thought as well, but I have already have some save games I would like to transfer over and vise versa if it's possible...

It's extremely portable, has DS3 support if your fingers start to hurt, and you can spend a little extra money and turn it into a console.

Oh, and flashing CFW is a breeze, so your existing PSP game collection won't go to waste.

bread's done
Back