PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a PSP with a LOT of game discs. SO I take it all those games are useless with this version PSP?

[quote name='JKooL']I have a PSP with a LOT of game discs. SO I take it all those games are useless with this version PSP?[/QUOTE]
I'll PM you.

The DS3 and component cable thing actually sounds pretty cool to me the more I think I about it. Pretty sure I'm going to go searching for one now.

I already have CFW on my PSP-1000 so I get better performance and I already have all of my UMD's backed up. So transitioning them over once I get a Go loaded with CFW should be pretty slick.

[quote name='koberulz909']I picked up a black one in good condition, thanks everyone that contributed to this thread! I think it has an issue though. It doesn't play any sound while charging either through the speakers or the headphone jack. Anyone else experience this?[/QUOTE]

Figured out the sound issue when I tested my psp with my sisters charging cable. The cable I received from gamestop was an unofficial cable and faulty. Moral of the story: check all used items before you buy from gamestop! Hope it helps someone.

[quote name='jkam']I have an extra sealed component cable for the GO if anyone wants to buy them or trade PM me. Word.[/QUOTE]

How much shipped?

[quote name='jedolley']Anyone know if there is an easy way to transfer saves (PSP or PS One) between the Go and the Vita?[/QUOTE]

You can manually copy to the save from the PSPGo to your PC. Then use Content Manager to transfer to Vita.

or

Use the PS3 to facilitate the transfer if you have one.

I was able to find a used cradle at Gamestop today for $3. Not sure if it helps in any way since there's no listing online for it, but the SKU on the receipt is 900007 900/000 and the full number on the price tag is 900007 051612.

[quote name='salty tbone']I was able to find a used cradle at Gamestop today for $3. Not sure if it helps in any way since there's no listing online for it, but the SKU on the receipt is 900007 900/000 and the full number on the price tag is 900007 051612.[/QUOTE]

What does the description say on the price tag?

[quote name='salty tbone']I was able to find a used cradle at Gamestop today for $3. Not sure if it helps in any way since there's no listing online for it, but the SKU on the receipt is 900007 900/000 and the full number on the price tag is 900007 051612.[/QUOTE]
Lucky!! Thanks for the info, I will try to ask w/ the SKU tomorrow.

So I ended up picking up one this evening. A pearl white one. Came with original cable and looks like brand new. No memory card and it looks as if they fully restored it to factory settings.

The associates kind of annoyed me. Called checking around and the guy on the phone goes "Why on earth would you want that? Just get a normal psp, it plays discs." He kept pushing that topic the whole time he was looking while having me on the phone. Go to the store and I get the same attitude, until I say I'm putting a CFW on it and suddenly it all makes sense and I'm their best buddy. =/

In a day or two I'll run out to Kmart or TRU to see if they have anything on clearance. I recall the last time I was at Kmart they had a bunch of cases for super cheap. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a component cable too.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal. I'm looking forward to playing with this thing.

[quote name='JKooL']I have a PSP with a LOT of game discs. SO I take it all those games are useless with this version PSP?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Not if you have a PSP that is modded so you can rip the ISO images off the disc and then mod the GO and put said images on there.

Problem solved.

OR. You can find downloads for the games online of ones YOU OWN.

I was going to sell my PSP 1000 to cover the costs of this, but it's in real rough shape, and I just discovered ad-hoc, so I think I'm going to keep it around if I'm ever traveling with a friend. Pretty sweet.

PSP Fat/Slim plus PSP Go = a great combo. With the prices of used PSP games now a days and the PS Vita being out, it has made it much easier to find great games @ a good to great price. SMH @ the prices on the PSN store. Only problem I have with the go is the extra storage, I have a bunch of PSP games around 30+, anyone know a cheap place to get a 16gb m2 memory stick? Much rather have the PSP Go around the town and the slim @ home.

i can't seem to update the system to 6.60 on mine. i've downloaded the update through the go and pc, and when i hit "x" to update it locks up. anyone else experience this? i tried google searches but it's all cfw talk.

[quote name='JYabbz']PSP Fat/Slim plus PSP Go = a great combo. With the prices of used PSP games now a days and the PS Vita being out, it has made it much easier to find great games @ a good to great price. SMH @ the prices on the PSN store. Only problem I have with the go is the extra storage, I have a bunch of PSP games around 30+, anyone know a cheap place to get a 16gb m2 memory stick? Much rather have the PSP Go around the town and the slim @ home.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd like to get one too. $27 on amazon is the best I could find. Little steep for me, I think my price range is around $20 for this

[quote name='JYabbz']PSP Fat/Slim plus PSP Go = a great combo. With the prices of used PSP games now a days and the PS Vita being out, it has made it much easier to find great games @ a good to great price. SMH @ the prices on the PSN store. Only problem I have with the go is the extra storage, I have a bunch of PSP games around 30+, anyone know a cheap place to get a 16gb m2 memory stick? Much rather have the PSP Go around the town and the slim @ home.[/QUOTE]
Mine has ~20 full PSP games, 1 Mini, 1GB of roms all in the internal memory. Once you get more memory you will also fill that one and still have the same issues.

[quote name='salty tbone']i can't seem to update the system to 6.60 on mine. i've downloaded the update through the go and pc, and when i hit "x" to update it locks up. anyone else experience this? i tried google searches but it's all cfw talk.[/QUOTE]
Maybe try to restore to default settings first? Settings>System settings>restore default settings

Man, I want a cradle!!

Thanks OP. Hit the jackpot today. My go had 16 games on there alrdy. Is there a way to keep those games and link ur psn acct to download my previous purchase at the same time? And also if anybody in the Bay Area looking for one. There should be one in Richmond.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']Thanks OP. Hit the jackpot today. My go had 16 games on there alrdy. Is there a way to keep those games and link ur psn acct to download my previous purchase at the same time? And also if anybody in the Bay Area looking for one. There should be one in Richmond.[/QUOTE]

Mine had Socom installed when I picked it up. As soon as I signed in to PSN, I lost access to it as I don't have the info on the account the game was registered under. Granted, it played like ass so I don't consider it a big loss.

I was really tempted to get a psp go. I have an original psp so I was on the fence about it. Was thinking it over and psp discs are useless.....would have to buy mem card, cables, dock , games etc.......I think I am gonna pass. Suddenly seems like a waste of $ when I already have one basically.

Technically you could get away with only buying component cables for the psp go.

I think what people, at least me, are looking forward to is having a handheld that they can hook up to the television and play a huge selection of PSP games. You don't NEED to buy extra memory. Just keep 5 games loaded up at a time. I have about 8 games on my go and I have plenty of room left. You don't need 20 games on the system, when are you ever going to play 20 games at once?

Like I said, plug the component cables into the fully charged psp go and link up your ps3 controller and you're good to go. Cost is only about 60ish bucks all said and done.

[quote name='bobphone']Any reason to get this if you have a Vita already?[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons I got a PSP Go was being able to play using a Dual Shock 3. I'd get a Vita if it would let you use a Dual Shock 3 the same way as the PSP Go.

Biggest reason for this even with a vita is either portability, battery life, or the amount of things you can do to one of the most hacked systems ever.

One of those. I am not losing my Go, it's awesome.

[quote name='bobphone']Any reason to get this if you have a Vita already?[/QUOTE]

I agree with what everybody else said. I also own a vita but just bought a PSP Go over the weekend. It's 50 bucks. I spend that on coffee a week. Just buy it, hook it up to the TV and play the HUGE library of games available.

I'll play new vita games on my vita. For older PSP games, I'll use my PSP Go.

I think that's a valid enough reason to buy one if you already own a vita (or if you don't own a vita).

Absolutely. But not something to talk about here. I have a Vita, several regular PSPs, and several Gos. They all have their good points!

Totally lucked out yesterday after seeing this thread... hit the Gamestop next to my house for a mint White PSP Go that was a trade-in from an Employee... still had Peace Walker & Killzone Liberation on the internal memory... gonna hook it up to my Playstation 3D Display w/ a Dualshock 3 tonight. :) Dock & 16gb M2 card on order now... (sadly no TRU stores carry the $10 dock within 50 miles of me) gonna play some English Policenauts on the big screen soon! Woo! Thanks OP!

GS in Steinway, NYC had a couple got one which is in good condition but the screen there is this scratch on it nothing major but its there and this GS wiped all the memory clean.

finally found one, wiped clean and no accessories but the charger. can't complain though, considering it was in pretty good condition. anyone have any tips for the "adjustments"??

I decided to buy a hand grip from amazon to increase my enjoyment of the Go. I don't have large hands but it can get uncomfortable or awkward playing some games, especially those that use the nob. The stereo grip looks like a DS3 controller so hopefully it is more comfortable to hold. Of course this makes it less portable but you can always take the grip off if you aren't home. I do most of my gaming in the house and not mobile.

Just bought an 8GB M2 card for $10.50, I wasn't going to buy one, but after seeing how high priced even the 1GB ones are at, I decide to bite the bullet, Now I can carry RPGs and longer time taking games with shorter games that have big sizes like sports & fighting games for example. I calculated around 9 more games can be fitted inside the 8GB card. I won't buy a cradle unless I find one for $5 or less, damn new toy keeps adding cost :) (So far w/ taxes around $71 total for the PSP, case+screen protector+wipe cloth+headphones & now the M2 8GB card)

I haven't noticed any hand cramping playing games and I wear large size gloves, I do grab the machine w/ a lose cradle grab.
Loading of games is fast because obviously is in memory not on disc.

[quote name='Carlanga']Just bought an 8GB M2 card for $10.50, I wasn't going to buy one, but after seeing how high priced even the 1GB ones are at, I decide to bite the bullet.[/QUOTE]

Nice, where did you find it at that price?

So, I was completely on the fence about getting a Go since I already have a Vita. The PSN FF series sale nudge me in the "buy" direction to use it as a dedicated PS1 device, so I decided to head down to my local Gamestop and if they still had one (had called over the weekend), then I would get it.

I got there and the guy basically said they did not have one, but he could order the refurbished one. I said no thanks and asked if they just sold the one they had. He claims they had not had one in months and the other reps must have been mistaken or confused it with another PSP. I asked him if he could "look anyways" and he pretty much denied my request stating he knows what they have...

Oh well... This would probably be where I vow not to do business with Gamestop ever again, but since I generally don't (mostly due to location, no bad history with them), I'm not going to fret over it.

[quote name='Shimrra']GS in Steinway, NYC had a couple got one which is in good condition but the screen there is this scratch on it nothing major but its there and this GS wiped all the memory clean.[/QUOTE]

How many more were there? I might take a trip down to Queens if the PSP Go's are in good enough condition. It would be good if I can get a PSP Go for the price of a heavily discounted Vita memory card, that way I can put Vita games on the Vita instead of PSP games.

[quote name='bg2001']Does anyone have any experience with the upscaler that lets you play the games in FULL full screen? Care to share?[/QUOTE]
You mean those expensive boxes? Can you still buy one?

I use the PS3 3D TV Best Buy was selling for $99 a few months back that has the upscaler mode built in, and it's awesome. I read that the boxes introduced some small input lag, but I don't have any lag with the TV.

[quote name='razorracer83']How many more were there? I might take a trip down to Queens if the PSP Go's are in good enough condition. It would be good if I can get a PSP Go for the price of a heavily discounted Vita memory card, that way I can put Vita games on the Vita instead of PSP games.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how many they had the guy on the phone said they had a couple, when I got there the first guy said they do not have any more and then the second said go check in the back. Walked out with a decent looking one with charger and usb cable.

[quote name='Shimrra']Nice, where did you find it at that price?[/QUOTE
eBay :D I can't send you guys the link from where I'm writing though, but a search can help you find it.

[quote name='Green Card200']Used but $9.95 shipped for an 8GB M2 memory stick. Only 3 hours left but he has 400 so I'm sure they will relist. fwiw I offered $8 and he accepted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360558012656?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649[/QUOTE]

Not sure those are original Sandisk M2 cards . . . there are tons of counterfeits on Ebay. Check the thread in the Vita/PSP forums on how to identify fake memory sticks, they're pretty common on Ebay.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Not sure those are original Sandisk M2 cards . . . there are tons of counterfeits on Ebay. Check the thread in the Vita/PSP forums on how to identify fake memory sticks, they're pretty common on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

I probably should have checked first. I guess I thought it would be okay because it had a SanDisk P/N and is a US seller.

Finally found one locally. Its in ok shape and a couple of light scratches but not noticeable when its on. Someone even left some games on there! Its the piano black, kinda hoping for a pearl white. Oh well for $50 bucks it cant be beat.

bread's done
Back