PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
Found another one today, in better shape than the others I got. Screen looks almost perfect, and it came pre-loaded with lots of games internally, and on a 4gb memory card that was also included. Amazing how a lot of these have games still on them, I figured Gamestop would have cleaned them out before selling.

I dont even know if I want one or what id use it for but seeing everyone here flip out over it makes me want to go and get one, lol

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Grabbed a brand new white pspgo in queens for 49.99. It was used but not a scratch or fingerprint on it. Super happy I got one.

I've been looking at this tread and I'm kind of confused. If I want to play this on my tv, do I just need pspgo av cables? Do I need the cradle or is that just to make it easier to pop the pspgo on there and output it to the tv without having to fiddle with cables?

I'm trying to find pspgo av cables. Do retailers still carry those? Or is my best bet amazon or something?[/QUOTE]

For connecting to a TV, definitely need the av cable. Cradle helps too. Without the cradle, you can only hook up the av cable but sooner or later your battery will die down. With the cradle, you can connect av cable as well as the ac adapter so you can play for long periods of time.

For accessories, they've been clearanced at Kmart, Target, and TRU. Previously, I've seen them at local Kmarts and TRU. I'm on the island so not sure if ones in Queens have much. Plus I saw some of these a few months ago. Haven't looked recently.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Grabbed a brand new white pspgo in queens for 49.99. It was used but not a scratch or fingerprint on it. Super happy I got one.

I've been looking at this tread and I'm kind of confused. If I want to play this on my tv, do I just need pspgo av cables? Do I need the cradle or is that just to make it easier to pop the pspgo on there and output it to the tv without having to fiddle with cables?

I'm trying to find pspgo av cables. Do retailers still carry those? Or is my best bet amazon or something?[/QUOTE]

I saw a bunch of PSP Go cradles and component AV cables at TRU today, picked up one cradle since I already have the component cable. They're marked down to 9.98 for each item. Use the cradle to dock the Go, then plug the component cable into the dock and your TV, pair a PS3 DS3 controller with your Go, and you have a mini console. Admittedly you're not going to get high resolution and you'll have borders on your TV, but it still works great.

Just as the used model is a $10 discount from the "recharged ones," it also applies for the 3000, making it $70. $50 for the Go is pretty nice for a mostly RPG player, but I'd rather have a 3000 for more action games.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Just as the used model is a $10 discount from the "recharged ones," it also applies for the 3000, making it $70. $50 for the Go is pretty nice for a mostly RPG player, but I'd rather have a 3000 for more action games.[/QUOTE]

If someone wanted to go with a 3000 ($70), why not spend the extra $30 for a new one?

Just called my local store and they have one for $50... I don't really need one as I can play games on my Vita. The sad thing is I could use this solely for PSP and/or PS1 games and it would still be cheaper than a 16GB Vita memory card. :)

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I know CFW talk is kind of taboo around here, but I'll just say this: For those of you on the fence with this thing, I think this is really only worth it if you're willing to go that route. I was honestly pretty shocked as to how easy it was to get it up and running, and it's incredible. Especially with the $10 off coupon, you can't beat it.

I have a feeling I'm going to be dumping a lot more money into this thing though lol between the dock / PSP 3000 cord, TV cord, and 16GB memory card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hadn't bought a PSP since the fat ones but I'm very impressed with the Go. CFW + all of the PSN games that I already had = 16GB of goodness.

looking for a Go if anyone runs across an extra in really good condition. could work out if you've got a bunch of gamestop cred you'd rather have cash for and don't mind a trip to the post office.

Found one at a local GameStop. For whatever reason, it got rung up incorrectly and I got it for around $20 after the mistake and $10 coupon.

Now to sink more money into this by buying a dock, av cables, etc. to set this up as a little portable console. Also I look forward to adding cfw and playing homebrew and other "things."

So far I like it, the size is really nice, reminds me of a gameboy micro, obviously much more capable. This is my first psp of any kind, so I have a lot of games to play and catch up.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I saw a bunch of PSP Go cradles and component AV cables at TRU today, picked up one cradle since I already have the component cable. They're marked down to 9.98 for each item. Use the cradle to dock the Go, then plug the component cable into the dock and your TV, pair a PS3 DS3 controller with your Go, and you have a mini console. Admittedly you're not going to get high resolution and you'll have borders on your TV, but it still works great.[/QUOTE]

Are you a NYC local?

Either way, thanks for the tip. I'll check out a gamestop close to where I work tomorrow. Will also swing by a TRU.

The system is extremely small. Loving it. I just hope my relationship between me and my vita doesn't go sour! :)

Got a guy who offered to get one for me. Very nice CAG too.

If that goes south could one of you fine gentlemen arrange a transaction with me?
It seems alot of you guys lucked out with getting nice condition systems.

[quote name='jedolley']If someone wanted to go with a 3000 ($70), why not spend the extra $30 for a new one?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, aren't these like 99 bucks brand new at target? Whoever is talking about getting a used one, I'd definitely go to target and buy new. Unless you're looking to just fiddle around with it for a few days and return it. Then yes, I'd go used.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Got a guy who offered to get one for me. Very nice CAG too.

If that goes south could one of you fine gentlemen arrange a transaction with me?
It seems alot of you guys lucked out with getting nice condition systems.[/QUOTE]

I will second this. In need of a Go!

The people at my Gamestop are really cool and are holding a white system for me. They said it has minor scratches on the screen, but if they aren't too bad I will pick it up.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Are you a NYC local?

Either way, thanks for the tip. I'll check out a gamestop close to where I work tomorrow. Will also swing by a TRU.

The system is extremely small. Loving it. I just hope my relationship between me and my vita doesn't go sour! :)[/QUOTE]

No, I'm in Northern VA area. If you can't find those accessories I can get them for you and ship them at cost; but keep in mind they're clearanced out everywhere and can even be found on Ebay cheap. You can often get them cheaper for the prices I saw at TRU.

I won an auction on Ebay for these Go accessories (new in package): AC adapter, component cable, and USB cable, all for 16.50 shipped. There should be plenty of these available on Ebay, just keep your eyes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a warning

I bought a used PSP GO from Gamestop before and they left the system on sleep mode. The battery eventually died and couldn't hold a charge anymore (it wouldn't charge at all). Thank god I was able to return it and get my money back.

Blahhh tbh , there all capable of homebrew/cfw but i also think thats the go would be the better choice cause of playing it on a bigger tv and dualshock capability.. + a 16gig mem off the bat. . Thats just my opinion if anyone thinks so . But i guess if your going solo and really are on the go 1000-3000 psps r bttr for a little bit bigger screen lmao.

[quote name='aerozero']Just a warning

I bought a used PSP GO from Gamestop before and they left the system on sleep mode. The battery eventually died and couldn't hold a charge anymore (it wouldn't charge at all). Thank god I was able to return it and get my money back.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for this as well. All of the models they showed me were on sleep mode. However, the one I picked up, still lasts more than 5 hrs on a charge. So yay.

[quote name='Snuggelz']I can vouch for this as well. All of the models they showed me were on sleep mode. However, the one I picked up, still lasts more than 5 hrs on a charge. So yay.[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing the battery is irreplaceable. That isn't good news.

[quote name='whitereflection']Thanks for the warning. I was on the fence about getting one and the battery does seem cumbersome to replace. Guess I will stick with my 2000.[/QUOTE]

Not as difficult as you would think, but it's no walk in the park in comparison to a regular PSP.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']So I'm guessing the battery is irreplaceable. That isn't good news.[/QUOTE]

Actually it is replaceable, but very hard to remove without breaking the warranty sticker, but all of them are most likely way out of warranty anyways, so it probably won't be a big deal.

Here is a guide on how to do it and even keep the warranty sticker in tact,

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+PSP+Go+Battery/1181/1

but it's definitely not as easy as the original PSP, but it is most definitely doable.

[quote name='Squarehard']Not as difficult as you would think, but it's no walk in the park in comparison to a regular PSP.

Actually it is replaceable, but very hard to remove without breaking the warranty sticker, but all of them are most likely way out of warranty anyways, so it probably won't be a big deal.

Here is a guide on how to do it and even keep the warranty sticker in tact,

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+PSP+Go+Battery/1181/1

but it's definitely not as easy as the original PSP, but it is most definitely doable.[/QUOTE]

LMAO is freaking simple, thanks for the link, bookmarked If I ever need to replace it.
Is not hard at all, difficulty I would say 2/10 and that is if you want to keep the sticker intact, otherwise 1.2/10 :applause: Hell, is a little bit more work than replacing a DS3 battery, but not by much.

Also, when I bought mine they offered a one year $5 warranty and was told it included battery replacement. I didn't get it because I take care of my stuff and sometimes they can tell you one thing, but then the reality is another at GS:roll:.

[quote name='Carlanga']LMAO is freaking simple, thanks for the link, bookmarked If I ever need to replace it.
Is not hard at all, difficulty I would say 2/10 and that is if you want to keep the sticker intact, otherwise 1.2/10 :applause: Hell, is a little bit more work than replacing a DS3 battery, but not by much.

Also, when I bought mine they offered a one year $5 warranty and was told it included battery replacement. I didn't get it because I take care of my stuff and sometimes they can tell you one thing, but then the reality is another at GS:roll:.[/QUOTE]

Where would we even get the batteries?

I tried looking for reasonably priced replacements and found nothing.

[quote name='aerozero']Where would we even get the batteries?

I tried looking for reasonably priced replacements and found nothing.[/QUOTE]

I see older psp model battery price from $8.99+ but never saw one for the psp go. Its not difficult to replace, but takes afew more steps to get to.

Kmart i found the charger and usb.

Sure the psp go has 16gb built in memory, but the 3000 takes like 2 seconds to change memory cards. Its no big deal. I agree that the 3000 if anyone was looking can get one for $99 at target. Lucky, i got mines on clearance at sears.

There are plenty of third party sellers that will have them on sale at places like eBay, or Amazon for around $12 or so, but because the PSP Go Battery weren't really intended to be taken apart by customers as it has the warranty sticker over it, Sony doesn't sell a replacement battery for the Go. But there are definitely replacement batteries available just not from Sony themselves.

I went looking a cheap cradle. I guess Gamestop stopped carrying them. Guy working there gave me screen protectors for free (they were pennied out). Saw USB cables for $5 at a Walmart.

I'm sure I stared at cradles on clearance at Target and wasn't the least bit interested. Now of course I am and I can't find them. Toys R Us is not showing them in stores near me.

Dealextreme? http://dx.com/p/designer-s-replacement-3-7v-1860mah-battery-pack-for-sony-psp-go-145256.

Although, I have no idea how one would use it considering it doesn't come with the molex? connector. If someone can chime in on how to harvest the original connector and reuse it, it might be feasible.

Internet prices look cheap for knockoffs

[quote name='maxnoop']Dealextreme? http://dx.com/p/designer-s-replacement-3-7v-1860mah-battery-pack-for-sony-psp-go-145256.

Although, I have no idea how one would use it considering it doesn't come with the molex? connector. If someone can chime in on how to harvest the original connector and reuse it, it might be feasible.[/QUOTE]
My guess is you solder the original connector to it? or just slide it inside. Or you could open the batteries unsolder the inside of the cables and solder the whole cable w/ connector to the new battery. If its too hard for you you could take it to a place that repairs PC's and ask someone the favor to put the connector inside. I believe it shouldn't be too hard.

[quote name='WV Matsui']These play ps1 and ps2 digital classics right?[/QUOTE]
Up to PS1, no PS2 not powerful enough
N64 emulators are not good w/ sound and fps sucky for most games.
Good emulation for NES, SNES & PS1 so far w/ my limited testing.
To make the machine run CFW is very easy and worth it. Great if you want to have games of other regions that were never released in the US like MH3 Portable translated :p

[quote name='dodgeme']Got a black one. Took me to about 6-7 gamestops in the Buffalo area but finally was able to find one.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know there were that many in the Buffalo area... Never mind, just realized there were that many in this area, lol.

Snagged a minty PSP Go that can hold a charge, no memory card though or cradle. Probably going to pickup the white PSP Go also just cuz.

I got a white one today. There were 3 used and each had scratch issues that I could see through the bag. The one I took had no noticeable scratches but when I got it home and powered it up I noticed a bevy of tiny scratches and one horizontal one that may irritate me like a stuck pixel--that rainbow color distraction.

Now, I didn't even think of asking about refurbished ones...he only showed me those three he had behind he counter so it may be all they had. If I can't stomach it I will return this weekend probably. If I don't notice the scratches as much in game I will just live with it. I spent like $26 after some credit so its ridiculously inexpensive. I had to go back to work so it's at home doing an update and I will play a game tonight to test it.

There aren't any products that fix scratches like these are there?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']If anyone can snag an extra cradle on the cheap from a local store, please shoot me a PM. All mine are out.[/QUOTE]

Did you check e-bay or amazon? I'm on the lookout for the cradle as well. Ebay looks to be a bit pricey. 20 dollar range. I'm going to check out TRU after work and some other place called Bookoff in manhattan. Supposedly TRU has them on clearance for around 8 to 10 bucks. If I see multiples at either place, do you want me to grab you one? I'll charge you cost plus shipping + paypal fee. Still should come out to under 20 bucks that these are going for on ebay.

Are you also looking for A/V cables for the TV? I'm trying to find a set, I could also pick you up one of those if you need it. Not sure how much those are going for....

Let me know and please let me know if someone else ends up picking you up one of these so I don't end up buying it if you don't need it.

Cool?

[quote name='Kelegacy']I got a white one today. There were 3 used and each had scratch issues that I could see through the bag. The one I took had no noticeable scratches but when I got it home and powered it up I noticed a bevy of tiny scratches and one horizontal one that may irritate me like a stuck pixel--that rainbow color distraction.

Now, I didn't even think of asking about refurbished ones...he only showed me those three he had behind he counter so it may be all they had. If I can't stomach it I will return this weekend probably. If I don't notice the scratches as much in game I will just live with it. I spent like $26 after some credit so its ridiculously inexpensive. I had to go back to work so it's at home doing an update and I will play a game tonight to test it.

There aren't any products that fix scratches like these are there?[/QUOTE]

Every time I looked at PSP Go systems, I insisted on seeing the actual handheld and checking it out. The employees were cool and didn't mind. The first two I got had some minor scratches, but the 3rd was mint. None came with cradles, but two had 4gb memory cards in them, and both of those also had a fair number of games still installed.

I saw multiple cradles and component cables at one local TRU for 9.98 each, but only one cradle at a local Walmart.

Also watch EBay; picked up 3 sealed Go accessories (AC, USB, component) for $16.50 shipped. Just looked at cradles on EBay, but they're pretty expensive.

I'd love to get one of these, but my Gamestops both grief me so badly for wanting to check the condition of anything. You wouldn't believe how many games these two stores get with cracked inner rings on discs or scratches that would cause a game not to play.

Anyone wanting a cradle check back here at 6:20 Eastern Time. I'm going to TRU to see if they have anything in stock. Anyone that needs one, I'll grab you one if they have it in stock. No need to pay for gas as I'm already in the city. As long as you take care of cost, shipping and paypal fees....

It's up to you to check back here around 6.30 my time though. I'm going to post if I find any and how many they have available. Up to you to reply and say if you got one already or need me to pick you up one.

Since people think I'm a douche on these forums for collecting 3 Hyrule Historia books, I figure I'll prove them wrong by helping people in need for a cradle, etc. for their psp go system! :)

Thanks

I see people mentioning theirs were on bags instead of the box?
Was mine the only one that came in their original box, with all documents? Or are the refurbished units the ones that are in bags?
So far loving this little machine, I have about 20 PSP games, all NES games and like 80 SNES games all inside the internal memory.

bread's done
Back