PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the store locator didn't suck. I'd love to snag one, I'll have to make a few phone calls tomorrow.

:edit: I'm kind of disappointed you can't hook up 2 controllers to it. Would have been cool to be able to play multiplayer through the TV. Ah well.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I wish the store locator didn't suck.[/QUOTE]
LOL Love your screen name.

Just keep calling, be cool and ask about the condition of the unit. Some store managers spent time finding me a good one. DON"T buy the first one you find in stock, unless it's in perfect condition. A little diamond in the rough will turn up.

Say, does anyone have a lead on CHEAP PSP-3000 PSUs? I've got the cradle, but no power for it yet.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I actually found a link on google for a different page with the recharged systems. It's still listed at $60, but the store locator appears to be more accurate. There's about 5 stores listed near me through this link, as opposed to none through the other one. Might be worth adding to the OP for anyone interested.

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/consoles/sony-pspgo-system-recharged-refurbished/90578[/QUOTE]

That is a refurbished unit not an used unit.

whenever walmart gets around to clearancing these or another store puts them on deap discount sale the walmarts around me have tons of them cluttering up the bottoms of their gaming sectons for $200. Some TRU & targets do too.

[quote name='fore1337']I love mine, got it from Gamestop ages ago for $70.

I advise that you cold call all your stores, that's how I finally got mine. Max out the memory with an M2 Card. Those little things fill up with games super fast!
I've got no room for music or movies. I think 16Gb (internal) + 16GB (extra M2) is all you can cram into them. That's what I'm running.

toys R us has KILLER prices on component cables & the docking station. less than $5 each.

Edit: the PSP GO also has insanely great power management.
When you flip down the screen it goes into DEEP sleep. I've left games paused for a month w/o recharge. the battery is still FULL when waking it back up. No joke!

What games is everyone enjoying the most?[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in using the dock, take note that you need to buy dock specific component video cables and also the ac adapter.

Sony makes a PSPGo component video cable that connects to the bottom of the PSPGo and directly to the tv. This is the NOT the same cable you use the for docking station. I made that mistake. The component video cable you're looking for only connects to the docking station, it cannot connect to the PSPGo directly.

I got a used unit a few months back when it was $70, with a $10 off coupon. The model I got was practically brand new, the slide was still really stiff like it was hardly used. Only grip was the person who installed the screen protector did a crap job, and there was debris inbetween the screen and the protector. Overall I would recommend if you could buy a working one.

[quote name='Naramie']take note that you need to buy dock specific component video cables and also the ac adapter.

Sony makes a PSPGo component video cable that connects to the bottom of the PSPGo and directly to the tv. This is the NOT the same cable you use the for docking station. I made that mistake. The component video cable you're looking for only connects to the docking station, it cannot connect to the PSPGo directly.[/QUOTE]

Weird the component cable that fits in my Go also fits in my offical Sony PSPGo docking station....

While you are correct that the AC adapter is different from the docking station to the Go, you are WRONG that the component cable that the docking station for the Go is different than what the Go accepts. I own all PSPs minus the E1000, and the component cable for the Go works with the Go Docking Station.

The PSPgo is a very good system. I bought a few off of Cowboom a while back. I always keep a PSPgo console in my coat pocket for those unexpected stretches of idle time. The PSP has two phenomenal God of War games, Monster Hunter(s), Kingdom Hearts, Yu-Gi-Oh, and hundreds of other worthwhile titles. Definitely worth $50 IMO for anyone on the fence.

[quote name='MrBonk']PSP 2k's go for about 50-60$ at gamestop too if i'm not mistaken.

The Go to me though is highly desirable. Because it has the best screen.[/QUOTE]

I like the 3000's screen...bigger, vibrant, ghost free, and also a bit soft on the eyes because of light scanlines. People didn't like the interlacing, I guess.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']I like the 3000's screen...bigger, vibrant, ghost free, and also a bit soft on the eyes because of light scanlines. People didn't like the interlacing, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there're a few of us that hate it. :lol:
There also a few other problems with the screen on the 3000, and ghosting does still occur.
I prefer the 2000 screens, and I don't mind the Go's screen at all.

Btw, this is a good deal, but let's not pretend it's perfect. Your hands will cramp after 30 minutes during most play sessions on the Go, unless you've got tiny girly hands.

Having trouble with they link but I'll see if I can hunt a unit down. Otherwise where are some good guides to get this thing to do all the neat things people are talking about?

[quote name='plutoknight']Bah, and I just bought one second-hand for 70 (with the cradle). Granted, it's in great condition.....but still !

Bah.[/QUOTE]

Cradle is like $10-15 and you didnt pay tax. You paid about the same really.

[quote name='whitereflection']If you output the PSPgo to a TV, can you use a DualShock 3 for second player in two-player games?[/QUOTE]

yes, ps1 games. not sure about others.

[quote name='Enuf']whenever walmart gets around to clearancing these or another store puts them on deap discount sale the walmarts around me have tons of them cluttering up the bottoms of their gaming sectons for $200. Some TRU & targets do too.[/QUOTE]

Wow I haven't seen a new PSP Go on any local store shelves in years. Would love to get a new one some day, but I have 2 used ones for now. I'll keep an eye out.

Also Walmart and TRU don't even list PSP Go systems on their sites.

Tempted on getting one but the only digital PSP game I own is Dissidia 012 and I can play that on my Vita but I would enjoy not having it upscaled.

[quote name='strait edge follower']50$ for a emulator ? pass. this shouldnt be no more that 35$[/QUOTE]
funny_cat_pictures_231.jpg

[quote name='dragonjud']
Btw, this is a good deal, but let's not pretend it's perfect. Your hands will cramp after 30 minutes during most play sessions on the Go, unless you've got tiny girly hands.[/QUOTE]

This. I ended up selling my Go because the only games i could play were rpgs or adventure games without my hands crying. Great little system that you can carry with you but the button layout was just as bad as the gameboy advanced sp.

[quote name='strait edge follower']50$ for a emulator ? pass. this shouldnt be no more that 35$[/QUOTE]

LOL. Please provide us with links to the cheap Chinese android knockoffs that you can buy for $35 that are better than the Go. No rush on that, take your time. :lol:

[quote name='chimpmeister']LOL. Please provide us with links to the cheap Chinese android knockoffs that you can buy for $35 that are better than the Go. No rush on that, take your time. :lol:[/QUOTE]
This.

None of those cheap crap knock offs will play PSP games either.

Is there any difference between "refurbished" vs. "used" besides cheaper price? I'm assuming with refurbished they wipe the memory. I bought a used PS3 years ago and was surprised I had full access to the previous owners' movies and games using my ID.

[quote name='salty tbone']Is there any difference between "refurbished" vs. "used" besides cheaper price? I'm assuming with refurbished they wipe the memory. I bought a used PS3 years ago and was surprised I had full access to the previous owners' movies and games using my ID.[/QUOTE]

Used are generally ones that are just traded in with no apparent issues.

Refurbish are ones that have been sent back to GS to be inspected because of reported issues, and some may have been sent out to be repaired, and then sent back to the stores to be sold, so all that extra effort ups the price another $10 in comparison. And I think the refurbs may come with an extra case if I recall correctly, and a couple of extra little things you may or may not need.

Troll harder next time.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I'm completely torn whether or not to get one.
I've got my vita, but I loved my go when I had one![/QUOTE]

Do it! Do it! : )

[quote name='punkmaggit']I'm completely torn whether or not to get one.
I've got my vita, but I loved my go when I had one![/QUOTE]

I'm struggling with a similar problem. I just got my Vita and I like it, but have been playing mostly PSP RPGs on it so far. I'm considering saving $200 and return my Vita and get the Go...

I want a White One, they look hella cool.
Just pissed I have to buy a whole new memory card.
Hopefully I can find the cool stuff like docks and cables for cheap.
Would love to play RPGs on it.

Check my list and ill trade.
I just want a working one thats in decent condition. Doesn't need to be flawless just close to it.
I wanted to get one years ago but never had the money.

I still have two broken PSP 1000

"shouldn't be no more" with "dispite" in your sig. i'm guessing I need one now just based on the fact that you're against it.

Got a white one! ohh yeah! The GS employee told me the thing was traded in pristine condition and it looks great.
Now, is there a way to keep the games that the other person had and pass them to my psn account?

[quote name='Squarehard']Depends on which firmware we're talking about.[/QUOTE]

it depends n which games, many devices still can't do 100% snes, even pc.

[quote name='Carlanga']Got a white one! ohh yeah! The GS employee told me the thing was traded in pristine condition and it looks great.
Now, is there a way to keep the games that the other person had and pass them to my psn account?[/QUOTE]

As long as you never sign onto PSN from that system, then yes they'll stay, but no way to pass them onto you.

[quote name='Squarehard']As long as you never sign onto PSN from that system, then yes they'll stay, but no way to pass them onto you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I believe the previous owner might have left some inside since rock band manual and other things were inside the box. If so, then I will play them then reinstall fw!

Psp go makes an awesome portable emu machine. Got advise on getting on here before and happy that I took it, even though I paid more than 50 for it.

[quote name='adriley313']I want a White One, they look hella cool.
Just pissed I have to buy a whole new memory card.
Hopefully I can find the cool stuff like docks and cables for cheap.
Would love to play RPGs on it.[/QUOTE]

kmart has had psp and psp go stuff on clearance for awhile. check your local one and try your luck :)

Just a heads up for people near the Denver area. My brother and I went to 6 different Gamestops and took the 2 best looking PSP Go (least scratches on screen, slightly used scratches around the bezel, etc) last week. So the ones you will find now will be the ones with deep scratches on the screen where you will notice when playing. As far as I know, you can't just change the faceplate, the faceplate has no protection for the screen, the LCD screen has its own on. There should still be a few around the Denver Area, just a FYI. Most Gamestops we went to had 2, and we both bought ours at different Gamestops.

Also, for people that are buying one now. Ask for a protection plan. It's only $5 for a year and $8 for 2 years. If your PSP Go stops working, you can either get another one, or get your money back. I bought one for a few reasons, 1 it was cheap, 2 I can get my money back within a year if it stops working (assuming it will be sold out everywhere).

For $50, its a great price IMO. What else can you get for $50 that will let you emulate, play PSP/PS1 games, listen to music, watch videos on a decent sized screen, look at pictures, go online via WiFi, etc.

[quote name='jedolley']I'm struggling with a similar problem. I just got my Vita and I like it, but have been playing mostly PSP RPGs on it so far. I'm considering saving $200 and return my Vita and get the Go...[/QUOTE]

Considering the Vita still has a low amount of good games, I would return it right away, buy a Go, and wait until more games are released for the Vita (hopefully?). I haven't used my Vita in a long time! It is covered by a lot of dust but since it has a screen protector I don't mind how much dust it collects.

I just got meself a pristine white one! for the NYC area, the one in Steinway, Queens has 2 left. They're both black and have very light wear on them. Hope this helps someone out there!

[quote name='jedolley']I'm struggling with a similar problem. I just got my Vita and I like it, but have been playing mostly PSP RPGs on it so far. I'm considering saving $200 and return my Vita and get the Go...[/QUOTE]

I'd keep the Vita if I were you. Much larger screen with better color saturation, larger form factor (so its easier to play for extended periods), better controls (including dual analogs), better CPU/GPU/RAM, faster loading, etc. Get a cheap Go as well, for homebrew and easy travel, and you're good.

The PSP Go at this price is worth it as nothing more than a Persona 3 Portable player, which is all it has been for me since I got it in July for $70. It IS insanely portable.

The first store I went to had one, but it turned out it didn't take a charge. The guy at the first store called a second store that had one and it wouldn't charge either. After that, I found a store (Palmer Park and Powers) that had 3 left after I bought mine.

Might be a good idea to have them plug it in in-store just to make sure the thing works. It took me a whole 5 minutes to mod it and run some homebrew. I can see why it sucked on release, but it's a pretty decent machine right now. Might even get rid of my 1000.

bread's done
Back