PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#241 chris1138

chris1138

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Just picked up a black PSPGo, even came with a case for it. Only problem is I get no sound when I have it plugged in to charge. Soon as I unplug the charger sound works fine.

#242 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Just picked up a black PSPGo, even came with a case for it. Only problem is I get no sound when I have it plugged in to charge. Soon as I unplug the charger sound works fine.

I think someone else had a similar problem in this thread and I believe they said it turned out to be the cable...

#243 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

There are GS employees that really know their stuff and then there are guys that really should just keep their mouths shut.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#244 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Here another link for 8 GB Sandisk M2 memory cards from, more than 10 available
guy is also from the US

http://www.ebay.com/...d=130837506873

#245 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Found a white one Tuesday in a hole in the wall gamestop I didn't know about. The go is perfect.....except for a discolored analog nub. Any ideas on how to clean that, or am I just being anal? No games left on the system, but that's ok. The gamestop employee actually tried to talk me out of buying it. First on the phone, then in person when I picked it up. Guess he was hoping I would get the used vita for $180.

If its just dirt, corners of a business card along the lines and then a gentles scrub would get it off.

#246 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

guy is also from the US

lol, I already had linked it in the previous page. I bought it yesterday in the early afternoon, I should be getting it on sat according to USPS, the first pic looks like an original card, the other pics w/ the plastic have a lip that is different though. I will test it out like I said and will tell you guys what is the verdict on it's real size.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#247 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

lol, I already had linked it in the previous page. I bought it yesterday in the early afternoon, I should be getting it on sat according to USPS, the first pic looks like an original card, the other pics w/ the plastic have a lip that is different though. I will test it out like I said and will tell you guys what is the verdict on it's real size.

ah sry about that, for some reason i thought the one you posted was sold out

#248 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

guy is also from the US

As I said on the last mention of Ebay auctions for M2 memory cards, there are tons of fake M2 cards on Ebay (Chinese knockoffs), so be careful what you order. There's a great thread started by Nephilim on what to look out for and how it might affect you, in the Vita/PSP forums on CAG:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=205005

It's very hard to find straight authentic Sony or Sandisk M2 cards; most are bootlegs not made by those companies, so buyer beware.

#249 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

As I said on the last mention of Ebay auctions for M2 memory cards, there are tons of fake M2 cards on Ebay (Chinese knockoffs), so be careful what you order. There's a great thread started by Nephilim on what to look out for and how it might affect you, in the Vita/PSP forums on CAG:

It's very hard to find straight authentic Sony or Sandisk M2 cards; most are bootlegs not made by those companies, so buyer beware.

It also seems bit sketchy that the title advertises an 8 GB stick while the Item Condition states it is a 16.

#250 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

If I hadn't had my Vita preordered and paid off for ages (paid off by selling off parts of my gaming collection and making smart trades)

I would have stuck with my PSPGo. So sweet.

Still like my Vita a lot though.

#251 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

I saw that thread, but found it very lacking on info about M2 cards though, I did my own research, got 3 softwares to test out the real capacity of the card= H2testw, F3 & quickdisk test

It also seems bit sketchy that the title advertises an 8 GB stick while the Item Condition states it is a 16.

While I though so too, the reason I did buy it is because that square of info is actually set up by eBay and not the seller once you put some info on eBay's form, eBay fills it out and shows it in that square. Since PP always favors buyers for counterfeit items, I won't worry much until I test it out myself. To me these cards look like Sony M2 cards rebranded Sandisk prob due to over production due to the extra lip, but won't be able to confirm size until I get it.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#252 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Edit: never mind, I'm dumb.

#253 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

If anybody is trying to get the dock around the Bay Area. Pittsburg toys r us has two according to their system but I picked up the only one I saw on the shelf. Was trying to get another one but the workers there were really rude so I just left. If anybody wants to try go for it. They also had a brand new psp go case for 4.90 and component cables for 9.99.

On a side note, the inventory check online is inaccurate. Go to the store and have a rep check it with the sku # on the link OP provided.

#254 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

That thread raises an interesting point... why not get one of these: http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B001RPEJA4 and two of these: http://www.amazon.co..._bxgy_pc_text_y

That's an extra 32 GB for $30. Or throw in two 32GB cards for a ridiculous 64 GB extra for around $45.

The Go doesn't take MS Pro Duos. Only M2s

#255 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Got a quick question; can the PSP3000 connect to the TV via component cables and utilize the PS3 controller in the same capacity as the PSP GO. I'm trying to rebuy the GO but haven't had any luck finding a unit that's not scratched/scuffed to hell. The PSP3000 is only $50 more for a new unit and the memory appears to be somewhat cheaper. From my understanding, all units seem to be moddable now.

#256 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

The Go doesn't take MS Pro Duos. Only M2s

LOL, I realized that about 30 seconds after I posted.

#257 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Got a quick question; can the PSP3000 connect to the TV via component cables and utilize the PS3 controller in the same capacity as the PSP GO. I'm trying to rebuy the GO but haven't had any luck finding a unit that's not scratched/scuffed to hell. The PSP3000 is only $50 more for a new unit and the memory appears to be somewhat cheaper. From my understanding, all units seem to be moddable now.

Connect to TV yes, DS3 no.

#258 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

I may need to go look for another PSPGo at my local store. I know they had two others but I need to check shape of them, and they may be out now. I will head out tomorrow maybe and check. My son was playing Mario World tonight on it and was hooked, and he's just 3 and a half. The small form factor is perfect for his tiny hands. So instead of having him just using mine all the time, I should get his own.

Some games had screen tearing, but ran nice and stable. Turning on vsync would help, but it can also slow down the game so I can live with some tearing. Games look awesome on this, even decades old ones.

The little machine keeps impressing me.

#259 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

nope, no DS3 w/ the 3000, if you got that much money just get an extra ~$20 and get a Vita used from Cowboom (BestBuy company), saw a thread on it here.

DoctorCarlos.png

#260 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

nope, no DS3 w/ the 3000, if you got that much money just get an extra ~$20 and get a Vita used from Cowboom (BestBuy company), saw a thread on it here.

Thanks for the quick responses. I have a vita already but would prefer a PSP/GO for it's "unique" abilities.

#261 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

I just bought a PSP1000 and a memory card for cheap, but dammit...I think I'm going to cave. $60 (and there is one only about 20 miles away) is way too good a price to pass up.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Posted Image

Want something really cheap? Try Paradise Seekers, my $1 eBook on Amazon!

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#262 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

I picked one up on a whim. My first sony product since the PS1 . I'm enjoying some FFIV but the charge is only lasting 2 hours. I'm assuming this isn't average. I don't know if it warrants taking back.
Posted Image

#263 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

I picked one up on a whim. My first sony product since the PS1 . I'm enjoying some FFIV but the charge is only lasting 2 hours. I'm assuming this isn't average. I don't know if it warrants taking back.

did you do a proper first time charge, if its been in storage for some time it needs more time to charge.

DoctorCarlos.png

#264 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

did you do a proper first time charge, if its been in storage for some time it needs more time to charge.

I did for a few hours. It said the charge was full when I took it off the charger. I'm going to leave it on overnight to see if there is a difference.
Posted Image

#265 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

anyone looking for a fun psp game for their new psp go: Work Time Fun. it's been a favorite of mine for years and years.

#266 milehighshooter

milehighshooter

MASTER PRESTIGE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

if any one is looking for one in lakewood colorado the store off of colfax and kipling has 3
1 white and 2 black in good shape

#267 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Is it easy to change which PSN name you log-in with the PSPGo? They made it way too overcomplicated on the Vita.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#268 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Is it easy to change which PSN name you log-in with the PSPGo? They made it way too overcomplicated on the Vita.

To change your ID on a single account, while still using the account? NO.
However, if you want to swtich the account that is registered on the hardware to your different account, YES. it's just easy as "delete account" and sign in on yours.

#269 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

also component av cables at amazon for $7.99 only 3 left
http://www.amazon.co...&keywords=pspgo

#270 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I did for a few hours. It said the charge was full when I took it off the charger. I'm going to leave it on overnight to see if there is a difference.

I'm curious to see how long mine will play at max brightness, as my first charge was only a couple hours too. But i also had it hooked to my PC (no charge mode) doing transfers and stuff so it may have drained faster than normal. I still charge it up each night, as I've only been able to play after work. This weekend I'll get a better feel for how long the charge is.

Heading back this weekend and hopefully will find one more. Will bring some games to trade in to offset the price. I just pray I can find one without distracting screen scratches. Small ones are fine if they are invisible during play or easy to hide with a screen protector. I have one that is NOT invisible during play and it's annoying.