• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#301 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

well that vic person said you can download it right into the vita

It has been approved as Vita-compatible and will be tagged on the Vita store on day one, so you can download straight to the Vita. It's the one thing we heard fans wanted over and over, so we made sure it was taken care of.

so i did a order... if something does come up and they go o you need a ps3 all hell is going to hit the fan

I thought I remembered seeing Vic say something about being able to download straight to Vita. I don't think it will be an issue to be honest. It should be up on PSN as a PSP/PS Vita game like you said. Hopefully sooner rather than later. The 4-8 weeks claim sounded more like it was for the physical version.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#302 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Well, the trailer up there ^ is definitely from the PS3 version. An easy way to tell the difference is by the character portraits. On the PSP they are hugging the borders of the screen, whereas on the PS3 the entire battle interface is floating in the center.

Also, not having a PSP dev unit is a pretty weak excuse. First off, you don't need one to capture PSP footage, and secondly, they could've just repurposed some media from the Japanese site.

Admittedly I hadn't checked the Gaijinworks YouTube channel until now, and it looks they finally added some actual PSP footage in February, but that's a long time to have all your promotional material come from a superior version. Even to this day, the MonkeyPaw site just shows PS3 footage. It remains pretty shady as they haven't been upfront about it.

I just quick grabbed what I found on Youtube, does it really matter in the end?

Did Vic come to your house kick your dog and slap your Grandma? Seems like there is some vendetta going on there, between you and him...

First world problems

Exactly.

so kickstarter was prior to the sign up for the physical version or are these two consider the same thing?

And since your question was so politely ignored by everyone....:roll:

The kickstarter was done and over with (and failed) earlier this year, because no one would put out $70 for this game in a similar package.

This is the revamping of that KS idea, but Vic got pledges of interest from fans, and just this week finally opened sales to buy the digital and physical copies (there was an issue with copyright over a silly 90 second song)

If you pledged for the KS, you can get a LE manual and UMD, if not you will get the regular manual and UMD. (only difference is cover on the manual and the sticker on the UMD) And presales go on until May 8th.

Hope that answered your question. ;)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#303 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

The kickstarter was done and over with (and failed) earlier this year, because no one would put out $70 for this game in a similar package.

Actually, I think they failed because they said the game will be released as digital only unless they can raise $500k(!) for physical versions. People thought the amount was crazy for what little bit they're bringing to the table. I for one didn't bother because I figured it'd be a waste of time, as it would never succeed. They ended with like 10% of what they asked for.

Btw, the kickstarter was over a year ago, and the game is still unreleased. Guess you can't expect more from Victor Ireland.

Edit: They hit $96k.

#304 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

It's Victor Ireland. It'll happen, but it'll probably take like 2 extra years because the packaging wasn't up to his standards.

Don't forget the added bonus toilet humor from the translation...

But I kid, I really did love Working Designs and hope this does well.

#305 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

something bugs me about this

what they said
Slowed down from the initial burst, but still decent at a bit over 1700 sold. I know some people are waiting until payday on Friday, so I expect another smaller surge then. If we can do around 100/day on average until the 8th, we'll hit the 2500 minimum

What happens if they dont hit the 2500 min.... they got our cash already

seems they answered it..

they have to eat the loss

Edited by slidecage, 02 May 2013 - 01:39 AM.

WOOOO I STINK

#306 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

something bugs me about this

what they said
Slowed down from the initial burst, but still decent at a bit over 1700 sold. I know some people are waiting until payday on Friday, so I expect another smaller surge then. If we can do around 100/day on average until the 8th, we'll hit the 2500 minimum

What happens if they dont hit the 2500 min.... they got our cash already

seems they answered it..

they have to eat the loss

Official quote is:

It's the base point where we don't end up spending more than we make to do it. We're DOING it, based on the poll result of 2700. There's no going back now, but if we don't hit 2500, it will end up being an expense for us we'll have to eat.

That said, unless we have a tremendous drop off, we should hit the 2500 we needed. We're only 800 away with a little less than 8 days to go.

So regardless, it'll still be coming either way. I wouldn't mind seeing a counter just to get an idea of where the current "stock" is at. I may purchase an extra copy if I knew they were close to the min. goal and hold onto it for those inevitable late orders/requests from people on the forum (help a fellow CAG out).

EDIT: I got a reply from the "webmaster" and they said:

We should have the actual PSN date late this week or early next as that's when the game is scheduled to come out of Sony QA.

So hopefully we'll have a date for the digital release soon.

#307 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

Again, not sure if this was posted, but here's a quick list of changes/improvements from Vic:

Off the top of my head (might forget a few)...

1. Appraisal system is GONE.
2. Less level grinding
3. Party money is pooled instead of that crappy discrete money system
4. None of that confusing, annoying multi-random dungeon entrance stuff. Every labyrinth's entrances and exits stay the same.
5. Class is tied to races
6. Main story arc is more engaging
7. Graphics are a bit better
8. Indoor and outdoor labyrinths (1 is quite claustrophobic)
9. Alchemy instructor is much sexier

Basically, they took almost everything there was to hate about CoH1 (there was a lot) and removed or improved it. As a result, CoH2 is a much more enjoyable experience.

CoH2 gives you a bonus if you import your CoH1 save at the beginning, but I wouldn't recommend playing CoH1 if you haven't. It's just too abusive and might turn you off of CoH2 before you even start.

#308 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

If they made it easier to order more than one they would of been reached the 2500 by Play Canada.

Set the system up poorly and this is what you get.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#309 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Actually, I think they failed because they said the game will be released as digital only unless they can raise $500k(!) for physical versions. People thought the amount was crazy for what little bit they're bringing to the table. I for one didn't bother because I figured it'd be a waste of time, as it would never succeed. They ended with like 10% of what they asked for.

Btw, the kickstarter was over a year ago, and the game is still unreleased. Guess you can't expect more from Victor Ireland.

Edit: They hit $96k.

Sorry I didn't do my usual fact checking, been busy (I'm shocked its been over a year since that KS failed, time flies). I didn't support it either because the physical level was around $65 which for a PSP game was crazy to me, and as much as I appreciated the WD deluxe packages, I didn't need one. Plus the game didn't and still doesn't totally appeal to me. I supported this for one reason only, the chance to get more PSP physical releases into 2014 and get some niche RPG's we might have never seen released over here. And as you mentioned the amount for production was insane too, there was no way with an unproven IP (even considering the Atlus game, I never heard of it though) for people to support it with that much backing.

And I don't blame Vic it would be out now, if not for this unforeseen issue with the song, who woulda saw that coming honestly. His heart seems to be in the right place, unfortunately, he never anticipates all outcomes and things like this happen and sadly reinforce the stereotype he can't release a game on time for anything....sadly.

On the Gaijinworks forum he posted that he's in talks with various publishers over a whole load of games that might be considered. One of the titles someone asked about was Valkyria Chronicles 3. Read on.

Now he DID NOT say what was being discussed, (and no VC3 was not confirmed) but it's still a cool thing that if possible Vic could get some games from larger series that never made it out and that people are interested in. Also there are some odd requests over there (the evil bear visual novel court game?!?) that honestly would be hard sells anywhere but JPN.

Two things he did confirm though is the Lunar games will not be coming, and neither will Elemental Gearbolt, due to no light gun emulation (which is weird considering its playable with a controller...)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#310 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

Got 2 emails saying "Your Order with Gaijinworks has shipped!" and "Class of Heroes 2 Electronic Voucher Code Delivery" and went WHAAAAT?!

Reading further it was just a confirmation of payment, and I got a code for the digital version. It's not a PSN code though, just a place-holder? code for when it does release in 4-6 weeks. They called it an "Electronic Reservation Voucher Code".

#311 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Got 2 emails saying "Your Order with Gaijinworks has shipped!" and "Class of Heroes 2 Electronic Voucher Code Delivery" and went WHAAAAT?!

Reading further it was just a confirmation of payment, and I got a code for the digital version. It's not a PSN code though, just a place-holder? code for when it does release in 4-6 weeks. They called it an "Electronic Reservation Voucher Code".

Basically just a ticket/receipt should something, somehow go wrong with your order. The physical version will be shipped automatically when it is ready, and we will receive an e-mail with the PSN code a bit later this month hopefully.

#312 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Only at 2150 sold and the sale ends tomorrow, we might not make it :(

#313 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Rest will be out of pocket Vic said, but he also mentioned extending the sale until the 10th. And honestly, if they have to pay out of pocket for anything unsold between now and 2,500, they might as well keep the sale going until that # is hit.

#314 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Somebody should give PlayCanada a call.

Also, LMFAO at all the future posts when this is available on Amazon because it didn't pre-sell 2500.

"This is false advertising. I was decieved. I bought this because I expected it to be rare, and right now people are using Amazon credit to get it with two day shipping. Fuck Vic, Sony, the PSP, and this game. I'm throwing my copy away or on eBay. Hope I can break even, although shoving it down my garbage disposal may be better use of my money."

#315 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

I mean, I don't see the harm in them selling the remaining copies between sold and 2,500. In fact, I hope they do that. I also hope this sells *some* copies on PSN when it's released.

#316 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

I mean, I don't see the harm in them selling the remaining copies between sold and 2,500. In fact, I hope they do that. I also hope this sells *some* copies on PSN when it's released.

I completely agree, I was just doing a parody of what will surely come.

#317 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Rest will be out of pocket Vic said, but he also mentioned extending the sale until the 10th. And honestly, if they have to pay out of pocket for anything unsold between now and 2,500, they might as well keep the sale going until that # is hit.

i still like to know IF THEY EVEN PLACED THE ORDER YET TO MAKE THEM....... not going to wait 3 weeks for them to get 2500 then go OKAY NOW WE HAVE another 4 to 8 weeks to wait
WOOOO I STINK

#318 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

i still like to know IF THEY EVEN PLACED THE ORDER YET TO MAKE THEM....... not going to wait 3 weeks for them to get 2500 then go OKAY NOW WE HAVE another 4 to 8 weeks to wait

Vic posted earlier today that they expect the Physical editions to ship out around the end of June, but we should have a more updated production schedule soon. Digital is still on target to be released near end of May.

#319 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

Vic posted earlier today that they expect the Physical editions to ship out around the end of June, but we should have a more updated production schedule soon. Digital is still on target to be released near end of May.

one of these days i need to make an account over there and bug them :)
WOOOO I STINK

#320 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Playing through the game for a few hours now. It's fun, but I also think that first person dungeon crawlers are not my thing. I'm still glad I supported the project since there are plenty of people who really love this sort of thing. And hopefully Gaijinworks brings over other types of games in the future, like transitional RPGs.

#321 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Playing through the game for a few hours now. It's fun, but I also think that first person dungeon crawlers are not my thing. I'm still glad I supported the project since there are plenty of people who really love this sort of thing. And hopefully Gaijinworks brings over other types of games in the future, like transitional RPGs.

i never though about people buying more then 1 copy.. I just wanted the  PSN CODE   and would sell off the umd.

what sucks now is i  could of got the  psn  CODE as low as 8 bucks     CRAP 

still have not played it more then  20 mins  due to the massive  3ds backlog.... i doubt i even get to it before the end of summer

WOOOO I STINK

#322 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

little bump but now it seems there are even more  DELAYS  meaning the  UMD wont be out till  LATE JULY OR LATER   ..

WTF  

WOOOO I STINK

#323 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

still no idea when its coming out 

WOOOO I STINK

#324 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

still no idea when its coming out 

I have a feeling that neither does Vic Ireland... :/

#325 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

I have a feeling that neither does Vic Ireland... :/

wonder   how much this is going to keep people from buying any of the other games they have so called in the works 

WOOOO I STINK

#326 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

sept now and still nothing   just more reasons why its not their fault their game is not out yet.

WOOOO I STINK

#327 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

sept now and still nothing   just more reasons why its not their fault their game is not out yet.

Actually, Vic clearly posted on the official forum earlier in the month/late August that they only manufacture UMD discs like twice a month, so they're just waiting to find out what days those are.

#328 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Actually, Vic clearly posted on the official forum earlier in the month/late August that they only manufacture UMD discs like twice a month, so they're just waiting to find out what days those are.

would think   they would get that info  even before trying to go into press. They knew they only printed 1 or 2 days  a  month  they should asked months before  what days are the printing days in  XXXX MONTH  

WOOOO I STINK

#329 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by vicireland viewpost-right.png
We have a tentative delivery date of 10/4 for the finished physical version of CoH2 from Sony's plant. There's still a few days trucking back to us so we can do the fulfillment, but we're almost there! I'll post when the delivery date is final (probably this coming Monday). Some crazy last-minute manufacture drama (non-Sony), too, but I'll share that once we've recovered a bit. This was a crazy week.

so   hopefully we will get them   by mid oct. only a mere what  3 months late   :)

WOOOO I STINK

#330 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

3 months late is a record fast time for Victor Ireland.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.