Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#301 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

The LE that is selling for $15 does NOT have a Best Buy Exclusive sticker on it.
It's the LE that was available at all retailers at launch, it also does not have a slip cover on it, just a holographic game label

And the SKUs are different

lol. that's what the one i found looks like, but it had the BBY sticker and rang up as 50. i'm just trying to get a picture so i can call other stores tomorrow and describe it to them before i waste more time driving around the country trying to find it. i guess i could ask them to ring it up for me.

does the DLC on it even matter? does it add to the story? add achievements?

This is the one you DON'T want to buy, it rings up as $49.99.

Posted Image

#302 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Posted Image

I know what the one I don't want looks like; I don't know what the one I WANT looks like. Apparently they look nearly identical, just without the sticker. I doubt I'll be successful in explaining this to BBY, though, lol. I need to be in an area with a BBY so I guess I'll check it out for the hell of it.

#303 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Thanks to everyone who explained the covers.I went to one in the morning and all they had was the Best Buy one.Then after reading the posts I called a different Best Buy and explained the covers and situation to her and she said she would check and she said they had one left of the regular LE and she would hold it.I then went over and she was right and I got it for $14.99.

#304 Ribbercage

Ribbercage

BEST GAME OF ALL TIME !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Thanks I picked up a copy for PS3, Best Buy finally has some good deals.

#305 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Just to recap the blatant slap in the face to real gamers who actually want to play the games. Looking at the numbers, the person prob bought every copy they had left in the store. The auction was for 56 but it seems they went back to the store or hit another location for another 10 games.

unfortunately, we are on "cheapass" gamer. Alot of ppl still think it would drop lower than $15, before bestbuy is sold out. This just confirmed my fear http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ac17f1316.

:shock:

is this a joke ? this must be a phycho slick dealer who did that smh. before taxes he spent 840$ on all of that. hes prob not going to profit as much as hes hoping he will and thats before the ebay fees

Adding this to my watch list so I can see the outcome. 66 x 15 = $990.
The tax, fees and shipping may take some fees from him, but I'm sure he earned some nice reward points as well.

the :censored: an1mal13
66 games for $999.00

"Clearing out the shop, so take this deal while you can. Good luck and happy bidding!
On Feb-16-13 at 23:41:22 PST, seller added the following information:

THERE HAVE BEEN 10 GAMES ADDED TO THIS LOT BRINGING IT TO A TOTAL OF 66 GAMES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:

15 copies of Darksiders 2 for PS3.
12 copies of Darksiders 2 for Xbox 360.
28 copies of Pokemon: White version 2.
11 copies of Pokemon: Black Version 2.

66 is the total games for this lot, not 56! Thank you."

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#306 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I debated on getting on the PS3 or 360, but since I own the 1st on the 360 I went with that. I tried to do instore pickup, but it denied me to ship to store but offered free ship to the house.

Only reason I purchased the game is I had a rewards card expiring and $10 was my pricepoint.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#307 boris1

boris1

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

why would any1 get ps3 over xbox when ps3 disc always spins and xbox you install it and it just spins for a little when you start it up
unless you want trophies or only play xbox exclusives on xbox

#308 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

why would any1 get ps3 over xbox when ps3 disc always spins and xbox you install it and it just spins for a little when you start it up

Exclusive?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#309 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Today's my lucky day, ladies!

I went to the local BB where I got my vanilla copy to pick up Bulletstorm and I decided to take Darksiders II (which has been unopened at this point) in case they had a limited edition (non-BB). And they had one left for Xbox! I was able to simply exchange my vanilla copy for the LE copy. No strings attached.

660090.png 660091.png

#310 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Just to recap the blatant slap in the face to real gamers who actually want to play the games. Looking at the numbers, the person prob bought every copy they had left in the store. The auction was for 56 but it seems they went back to the store or hit another location for another 10 games.

the :censored: an1mal13
66 games for $999.00

"Clearing out the shop, so take this deal while you can. Good luck and happy bidding!
On Feb-16-13 at 23:41:22 PST, seller added the following information:

THERE HAVE BEEN 10 GAMES ADDED TO THIS LOT BRINGING IT TO A TOTAL OF 66 GAMES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:

15 copies of Darksiders 2 for PS3.
12 copies of Darksiders 2 for Xbox 360.
28 copies of Pokemon: White version 2.
11 copies of Pokemon: Black Version 2.

66 is the total games for this lot, not 56! Thank you."

I doubt he will make his money back on these . . . unless they're stolen to begin with, in which case he'll certainly do fine. But 66*15 = 990, add taxes, listing fees, and PayPal fees, and he'll need to clear a fair amount to make a profit.

#311 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Just wodering does tis game get any more exciting lol. been playing it since friday and these large expansive areas are kinda dead,,, fighting is fun but theres not always lots of it... just seem to be walking alot with nothing going on.

#312 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for posting. Just picked it up at my local BB, it was in-stock.

#313 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thanks OP! Just picked up the 360 version for $10.59 Shipped! (I had RZ rewards) :applause:

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#314 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

lets see, darksiders 2 from what ive played so far has

.interesting story line
.prince of persia type platforming
.zelda dungeon crawling
.not to complicated but badass combat like god of war
.rpg elements with upgrades and leveling up
.awsome looking visuals and art style

yea im in love with this game !!!!!!!!!!
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#315 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

lets see, darksiders 2 from what ive played so far has

.interesting story line
.prince of persia type platforming
.zelda dungeon crawling
.not to complicated but badass combat like god of war
.rpg elements with upgrades and leveling up
.awsome looking visuals and art style

yea im in love with this game !!!!!!!!!!

... and then you get to the ending ... WTF? Sad since we'll never see DS3.

#316 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Posted Image

Just to reiterate for everyone still confused...

The ones that ARE $14.99
Posted ImagePosted Image <-and yes, this is the picture from the other sku listing, lmao
SKU: 6410941
UPC: 7-52919-55382-4
http://www.bestbuy.c...rs II&lp=2&cp=1

The one that is NOT $14.99
Posted Image
SKU: 3905186
UPC: 7-52919-55485-2
http://www.bestbuy.c...54852&lp=1&cp=1
Note: This has a holographic slipcover, whereas the non-best buy stickered one does not

Its pretty stupid, because they should both be $14.99, its just whoever was a moron put them in the bestbuy.com systems are the best buy stickered one being Limited Edition, and the standard having no mention that it also included the Limited Edition...because the Limited Edition is NOT a Limited Edition in the sense most people understand, but rather just the early copies of the game.

I'm pretty sure that in best buys pos, they are listed as standard and best buy exclusive at least... I'm pretty pissed that after bringing up all 3 copies and explaining it, hoping to get the best buy stamped one; they gave me bs about "not being able to do price matches on games". Location I went to was right next door to their corporate offices...kinda feel like going in there and just letting them know they suck at inventory and managing sales and price drops...

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#317 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Was able to pick up the Limited Edition today. I see the difference between the exclusive and the regular LE. Stoked I was able to get.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#318 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Submitted my order online and hope to get some version of the limited edition. But even if I don't, it was worth ordering online to save the time & gas. I read the dlc dungeon that comes in the LE is just ok and the BB exclusive dlc is just an armor set

#319 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

That's always the most important thing I consider when I buy a game, how long it spins while I'm playing.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#320 rpg

rpg

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Found the Limited Ed ps3 next to the game guide.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#321 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

That's always the most important thing I consider when I buy a game, how long it spins while I'm playing.

and whether it comes with twinkies you cant forget that too. thats almost as important

#322 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

haha nice. done people like to change discs mid game ... weidos if you ask me

#323 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

I have a code for Limited Edition on 360 that I don't plan to use. I'll trade it for about anything just to help a CAG out. PM me.

#324 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Submitted my order online and hope to get some version of the limited edition. But even if I don't, it was worth ordering online to save the time & gas. I read the dlc dungeon that comes in the LE is just ok and the BB exclusive dlc is just an armor set

The BB "exclusive" DLC can be downloaded on the XBL Marketplace. LOL.

The dungeon, as well.

#325 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

While it's hardly a reason to chose Xbox over PS3, it is really nice...

#326 AlienHeadBoy

AlienHeadBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

Awesome deal, Just ordered 2 copies (stupid though, it wouldn't allow me to purchase them together, so I had to place a second order.)
Posted Image

#327 boris1

boris1

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

While it's hardly a reason to chose Xbox over PS3, it is really nice...

thats a really good reason do you want your console really loud for hundreds of hours (for like call of duty or gta) making the disc spinning sound or a couple minutes

#328 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

thats a really good reason do you want your console really loud for hundreds of hours (for like call of duty or gta) making the disc spinning sound or a couple minutes

I like your sense of humor man :applause:
Posted Image

#329 boris1

boris1

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

I like your sense of humor man :applause:

lol wat

#330 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

Lol...when did this turn into the first world problems thread? "I can afford a $300 game console and $60 games and apparently have hundreds of hours of free time to play call of duty and gta, but man, that somewhat audible disc reading noise is intolerable! I won't stand for it!"