Worst B&M Game Retailer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wal-Mart, home of the full-price games long past universal markdowns other stores take. We've all seen games that are in bargain bins elsewhere still marked at $59.96.

Only thing it's good for is the scammers doing fraudulent returns for credit.

Yeah, there WERE sales at Gamestop last year - there is never anything at Wal-Mart except for maybe on BF. So Wal-Mart, no doubt.

[quote name='argyle']Yeah, there WERE sales at Gamestop last year - there is never anything at Wal-Mart except for maybe on BF. So Wal-Mart, no doubt.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Wal-Mart only has deals on Black Friday. That's it.

It cracks me up to see GameStop being mentioned when they had deals quite often. Where else can you get $1.99 games and trade your junk?

Don't forget max payne 3 CE for $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the epic edition of Gears 3 for $50.
It was almost mint. I now have a "good" Gamestop.

You know what, Target is worse. Imaginary clearance sales. ......

I gotta say Walmart. I got the MP3 CE from Gamestop and Target had that $20 trade in program that one week for crap games, so I gotta say Walmart did the least to impress me this year.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Target. At least Walmart had a great BF and Gamestop had a serviceable one.[/QUOTE]

I vote Target as well. Clearance dried up and they never have good deals. Takes a Steelbook and some gift cards (Tomb Raider) to get me to buy a game from them for the first time in over a year.

My vote goes to Wal-Mart, GameStop had so many PS2/PSP Pre-owned sales this year that it was probably my most-visited store :3

Wal-Mart: small selection, older games at high prices (even PS2 games), don't have the improved version (director's cut, complete edition, etc.) of a game because they still have stock of the initial release version, and no sales except for Black Friday.

The only time in recent memory that I went to wal-mart for a game was when AC:R was released and they had a pricing error. Otherwise, nothing. My vote is for Wal-Mart.

Gamestop, no I don't want to preorder anything, no I don't want to buy a used 360, no I don't to buy a "new" opened game, no I don't want to renew my PUR that expires in 11 months...

Gamestop. Not only is it ruining the industry with its used game sells, it's also screwing the customers with terrible trade in values and the worst used game prices on the market.

My vote goes to Wal-mart.

I wouldn't nominate Gamestop as they at least had a few sales last year especially if you are a Power Up rewards member (but only a few). I don't think Walmart ever had any deals all year, and I wouldn't count BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back