Photo
* * * * - 19 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games 4/7-5/11: Super Mario World (WiiU) | Mario Golf (Wii/WiiU) | Trajectile (3DS) | Art Academy: First Semester (3DS) |

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
4220 replies to this topic

#91 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Alright, so I'm new to this whole Club Nintendo thing. I just hit 300 coins and got Gold status. What does that mean? I get that you get something I guess, but I don't understand the year thing.

Also didn't take much to hit 300, just a 3DS XL, Luigi's Mansion, and LoZ: OoT

So is it if I reach 300 more points before July, I get the Platinum reward?

#92 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Alright, so I'm new to this whole Club Nintendo thing. I just hit 300 coins and got Gold status. What does that mean? I get that you get something I guess, but I don't understand the year thing.

Also didn't take much to hit 300, just a 3DS XL, Luigi's Mansion, and LoZ: OoT

So is it if I reach 300 more points before July, I get the Platinum reward?

yep. The CN years start on June 1st, and end on july 31st the following year. After that the counter resets, but you have another year to use your points. You will probably get a choice between a calendar and a downloadable game for gold, and platinum will probably be a limited edition physical item.
There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first."
I mean, why should they...

#93 Teeg

Teeg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

yep. The CN years start on June 1st, and end on july 31st the following year. After that the counter resets, but you have another year to use your points. You will probably get a choice between a calendar and a downloadable game for gold, and platinum will probably be a limited edition physical item.

The Club Nintendo year actually runs from July 1st to June 30th.

#94 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

The Club Nintendo year actually runs from July 1st to June 30th.

I think I must be dyslexic today:drool:
There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first."

#95 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Last year the Gold rewards had games and Platinum can choose Gold Rewards so I just got Metroid II for 3DS.

Platinum is not worth it, IMO.

#96 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

The posters were nice...not sure why anyone would pick a game you could buy normally over something exclusive

#97 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Can't decide if I should register my XL or wait and use it for next year. I really want Kid Icarus but I already platted this year and my coin supply is usually pretty tight. :(

#98 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Last year was my 1st year joining club nintendo and i did reach platinum. dissappointed on the reward. I chose the cards. Now im contemplating if i want to aim for platinum this year or just stay gold. They should give those that reach platinum the gold reward plus something else or a better reward like that figurine before.

#99 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Can't decide if I should register my XL or wait and use it for next year. I really want Kid Icarus but I already platted this year and my coin supply is usually pretty tight. :(

Unless you're going to use the XL code for the free game promotion going on right now, you should probably just save it for next years platinum. Kid Icarus is only a couple of dollars anyway.

#100 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for clearing things up guys. Looks like I might be able to get to Platinum if the rate I'm getting coins at continues. Got a couple questions again if someone doesn't mind.

- When do they typically announce the prizes for Gold and Platinum?
- Is there anyway to enter multiple copies of the same game or device?
- How does the site show what balance of coins you have to spend versus your total towards Gold/Platinum?

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

#101 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for clearing things up guys. Looks like I might be able to get to Platinum if the rate I'm getting coins at continues. Got a couple questions again if someone doesn't mind.

- When do they typically announce the prizes for Gold and Platinum?
- Is there anyway to enter multiple copies of the same game or device?
- How does the site show what balance of coins you have to spend versus your total towards Gold/Platinum?

They announce the prize usually at the end of the club nintendo year. So, like, the week of July 1. You'll usually receive that award around December. At least that is how long it usually took me to get mine.

They have an option in the settings to make your account a family account, which means it can have sub-accounts that allows you to register multiple copies of games. The coins from all the sub-accounts all end up in the same main account coin collection.

I'm not sure what your third question means. There's only one coin balance and its the one you see at the top of the club nintendo page. If you're asking if, say, you have 600 coins (platinum status), and you spend 300, does that drop you to gold, then no. Once you reach gold or platinum, you've reached that for the year. You can spend all your coins and you'll still be gold or platinum until the club nintendo year ends, and you'll get your reward.

#102 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

I've never had any coins expire, so I assumed they were valid forever. Sorry for the misinformation, I'll make sure to double check my answers from now on:-(

They used to last forever but nintendo changed the rules a yearnor two ago

#103 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

There's a great thread in the Nintendo section to discuss the ins and outs of Club Nintendo. http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=324119

#104 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

They announce the prize usually at the end of the club nintendo year. So, like, the week of July 1. You'll usually receive that award around December. At least that is how long it usually took me to get mine.

They have an option in the settings to make your account a family account, which means it can have sub-accounts that allows you to register multiple copies of games. The coins from all the sub-accounts all end up in the same main account coin collection.

I'm not sure what your third question means. There's only one coin balance and its the one you see at the top of the club nintendo page. If you're asking if, say, you have 600 coins (platinum status), and you spend 300, does that drop you to gold, then no. Once you reach gold or platinum, you've reached that for the year. You can spend all your coins and you'll still be gold or platinum until the club nintendo year ends, and you'll get your reward.

Added these answers to the OP, hope you don't mind

There's a great thread in the Nintendo section to discuss the ins and outs of Club Nintendo. http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=324119

yes, this has been pointed out to me. It's become apparent though that many CAGs don't regularly visit the sub forums, and as such might miss some of the deals offered. So this is more an extension than a replacement of that thread, for those that want it;)

#105 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

I really doubt it will be Luigi related because 2011 was Zelda and there was nothing Zelda related. I don't think they've ever done anything to go with an anniversary/year.

They DEFINITELY need to step it up after last year though. I'm still in disbelief anybody at Nintendo actually the cards were a good enough idea to make them the "top" gift. Sure "a lot" of people may play cards but it's still a pretty niche hobby and even so if I did play cards I couldn't imagine using a collector's set like that with my friends. Yes they were well built and yes they looked cool, but they were still cards. Now a Nintendo CARD-GAME would have at least been a little cooler.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#106 Spuratis

Spuratis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

They should give away a collectors editon wii / wii U remote or something to customize your 3DS/XL.. All the platinum prizes mentioned here just seem so lame. I'd rather just pick a game from the Gold Line up.. I'm 120 points from platinum and really debating on whether or not to use the games I have to get there. Even if they had a game or a couple games exclusive to platinum only people I would do it.. not really interested in anything physical unless it will actually be worth collecting. All these other prizes are on ebay for $20.

#107 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

I really doubt it will be Luigi related because 2011 was Zelda and there was nothing Zelda related. I don't think they've ever done anything to go with an anniversary/year.

They DEFINITELY need to step it up after last year though. I'm still in disbelief anybody at Nintendo actually the cards were a good enough idea to make them the "top" gift. Sure "a lot" of people may play cards but it's still a pretty niche hobby and even so if I did play cards I couldn't imagine using a collector's set like that with my friends. Yes they were well built and yes they looked cool, but they were still cards. Now a Nintendo CARD-GAME would have at least been a little cooler.

2012 was Kirby and they did the circular cards, medal and a few other things we didn't get. However, it didn't get top tier freebie.

The pin / button collection in Japan was in honor of Mario's 25th anniversary. The main difference was that 1 pin said happy 25th. They also had a handkerchief set, not that it matters.

As I've explained SEVERAL times, I think the crappy prizes last year were due to the number of people that hit platinum status last year. It honestly wasn't that hard (compared to the usual rate), since you had the Ambassador program.

3DS - 160
20 free games - 200 (360 or gold)
excitebike / pokemon - 20 (380)
linking your system to club nintendo - like 40 (420)

So really all you needed was 180 coins and you could platinum. Since most people who bought a 3DS wanted Nintendo titles, there was Super Mario 3D Land (like 50 or 470), Zelda (like 50 or 520) and plenty of other games to get you the remaining 80 points.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#108 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

if anyone hasn't watched the trailer for Grill-Off with Ultra Hand! they should do so now.

Sometimes I really don't get what Nintendo is thinking:whee:

#109 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

America usually gets the short end of the stick when it comes to prizes and such. So far NoE and NoJ have gotten better rewards, and rewards that we've got that have gotten upgrades.

Plastic case for their Mario Figurine

http://www.genkivide...rioguzuback.jpg

And NoE got some pretty cool Mario Kart trophies.

http://bulk2.destruc...rt Trophies.jpg

I blame Reggie. :[

#110 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

America usually gets the short end of the stick when it comes to prizes and such. So far NoE and NoJ have gotten better rewards, and rewards that we've got that have gotten upgrades.

Plastic case for their Mario Figurine

http://www.genkivide...rioguzuback.jpg

And NoE got some pretty cool Mario Kart trophies.

http://bulk2.destruc...rt Trophies.jpg

I blame Reggie. :[

Posted Image

#111 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

2012 was Kirby and they did the circular cards, medal...

We actually did get the medal, the thing was it was sold out within an hour or so. I managed to snag one luckily, but I think that was the only Kirby reward they had on Club Nintendo.

523546.png

#112 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Awesome deal, never registered the XL I traded the original 3DS in for last year and ended up getting the free game. Thanks op!

Finally had enough points to order the Classic Super Mario T-Shirt
Posted Image

#113 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

We actually did get the medal, the thing was it was sold out within an hour or so. I managed to snag one luckily, but I think that was the only Kirby reward they had on Club Nintendo.

It sold out in like 9 hours... I know this sounds like semantics, but it wasn't anywhere near that popular. Please note, this figure comes AFTER it was posted on CAG, so it might have been a little longer than that. In either case, there was ample time. Also there were the circular cards I mentioned. They were raffled off to a few (forget the exact number) people that registered the Collection by a certain date.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#114 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

I'd rather have a $10 eshop card than any prize they've ever had. I have enough knick knacks

#115 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

I've got a couple questions for you guys/gals.

1. Can you get both a Gold and Platinum rewards? Or is it just one or the other? (If I get Metroid 2 now will I not be able to get the poster set at platinum?)

2. Have they ever had any decent game sales in there featured game offers? Or is it always four not so great games for 150 coins each?
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

8-) A CAG that plays his games 8-)

#116 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

I've got a couple questions for you guys/gals.

1. Can you get both a Gold and Platinum rewards? Or is it just one or the other? (If I get Metroid 2 now will I not be able to get the poster set at platinum?)

2. Have they ever had any decent game sales in there featured game offers? Or is it always four not so great games for 150 coins each?

One or the other.

Some are awful, some are okay, some are good and once in a while they're amazing. Like I saw Smash Bros (N64) offered once.

#117 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

yes, this has been pointed out to me. It's become apparent though that many CAGs don't regularly visit the sub forums, and as such might miss some of the deals offered. So this is more an extension than a replacement of that thread, for those that want it;)

I don't know man, if this thread is supposed to be about any deals/specials with the rewards program, that's fine but to discuss the ins and outs of the club seems to make this thread redundant and not serve its intended purpose.

#118 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

I don't know man, if this thread is supposed to be about any deals/specials with the rewards program, that's fine but to discuss the ins and outs of the club seems to make this thread redundant and not serve its intended purpose.

That can be said of several other threads, like the PSN deal thread.

#119 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

Not only can this be said of many other threads but just look at the number of hits and replys this thread has gotten over the last week. It is educating people on club nintendo as well as giving existing information to members who havent been active for a while.

OT- I have washed my mario shirt a couple of times now (got it along with the pouch for a combined 500 coins when the 72 hour luigi sale was going on) and it definitely does run a little small. I am usually a medium in shirts but ordered a large based on eveyone elses opinion online and large was the way to go. (I even wear small with collared (mostly golf) shirts.) Also, last year was my first in CN and also my first hitting platinum, I chose the posters. I enjoy them but would much rather have something like the figurine they gave out in 2010. I am platinum again this year and hope no other games are good so I can save my remaining unredeemed points to try to hit platinum again next year.

#120 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

I think points expire so you can't always hit platinum every year and get the platinum award yearly for not spending your points at all the whole time you're a club nintendo member.