Photo
* * * * - 23 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games 7/78/3-: Kid Icarus 3D (3DS) | Metal Torrent (3DS) | Donkey Kong Jr. (WiiU) | Paper Mario (Wii / WiiU) |

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
6657 replies to this topic

#6631 StinkPalm

StinkPalm

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

well...if you're still mad at nintendo I know the perfect way to get back at them! Just give me your reward. I don't have a wii-u. The only 3DS game I have on the list is Donkey Kong Country Returns 3ds...so stick it to the man! I'll gladly take any other 3ds game on that list lol

#6632 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

Just found out about the games for this years rewards. Even though the rewards were kinda lame, I enjoyed getting an item that was exclusive to the site. It made me happy knowing other people couldn't just walk into a store and buy it.

As far as the rewards go, next time you fill out surveys, don't fill in anything else but " no physical games as rewards or i'll stop buying games" or something. Thats what I intend to do.

#6633 SilverPrince

SilverPrince

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

Just found out about the games for this years rewards. Even though the rewards were kinda lame, I enjoyed getting an item that was exclusive to the site. It made me happy knowing other people couldn't just walk into a store and buy it.

As far as the rewards go, next time you fill out surveys, don't fill in anything else but " no physical games as rewards or i'll stop buying games" or something. Thats what I intend to do.

Not a bad idea. Withhold the marketing data by telling them what you're doing, and still taking the coins. For the Donkey Kong Country Returns survey, all the questions such as "Why did you buy this game?" and "What are you looking forward to the most?" I just answered very negatively. "I didn't want this game. I have no interest on it. I just figured if I had to get a digital game, I may as well get the most expensive one to buy."

#6634 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

walk in to a store yet and buy it you mean? lol cause nes remix was exclusive to the site and is now getting a physical release so it possible others could follow in it footstep

#6635 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

walk in to a store yet and buy it you mean? lol cause nes remix was exclusive to the site and is now getting a physical release so it possible others could follow in it footstep

Come on, you know it's a figure of speech... 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6636 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

So I get an e-mail saying my platinum rewards are ready and I have to redeem them before August 15, but every time I try to get on, I get that Club Nintendo is undergoing maintenance.

I have scanned the last 3 or so pages but couldn't wade through all the "Club Nintendo sucks!" commentary to actually figure out what the rewards are. Someone did list Canadian prices for a list of games, and people were angry about not getting physical rewards.

Was that Canadian list the exhaustive list of rewards?

#6637 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

So I get an e-mail saying my platinum rewards are ready and I have to redeem them before August 15, but every time I try to get on, I get that Club Nintendo is undergoing maintenance.

I have scanned the last 3 or so pages but couldn't wade through all the "Club Nintendo sucks!" commentary to actually figure out what the rewards are. Someone did list Canadian prices for a list of games, and people were angry about not getting physical rewards.

Was that Canadian list the exhaustive list of rewards?

Yes. Heres the list again if you need it.

Gold:

• Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, 3DS
  • Metroid, 3DS
  • Wario Land 2, 3DS
  • Donkey Kong 3, 3DS
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Wii U
  • Super Mario Bros., Wii U
  • Kid Icarus, Wii U
  • Ice Climber, Wii U

Platinum:

• Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, 3DS
  • Dillon's Rolling Western, 3DS
  • Fluidity: Spin Cycle, 3DS
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, 3DS
  • Dr. Luigi, Wii U
  • EarthBound, Wii U
  • NES Remix, Wii U
  • Game & Wario, Wii U

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6638 DetectiveConanA113

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

For future reference, the rewards are listed on the first page. No need to wade through the last few pages.

#6639 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

hate the digital only rewards too. Total cop-out this year by them & a lack of creativity here by Nintendo. Oh well, guess it's DKC for me then. 

#6640 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

You guys are arguing over rewards and I'm still trying to find away to trade my gold reward for donkey kong  :-({|=  :-({|=

#6641 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

That's part of the problem, I think. There's really nothing you can do with the Gold rewards if you already have the games or don't want them. I haven't redeemed my code at all either, but can't even get someone interested in any game at any price.

#6642 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

That's part of the problem, I think. There's really nothing you can do with the Gold rewards if you already have the games or don't want them. I haven't redeemed my code at all either, but can't even get someone interested in any game at any price.

How much you looking to get on a gold reward? id be interested in a couple games just to have on my wii u...send me a PM :)

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#6643 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

picked up kid icarus 3d because i realize my points will expire as new rewards are never coming and damn is that game hard

#6644 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

Stop being greedy. If you don't want your reward just give it to someone you care about. For free.

Never stop making them pay.

#6645 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

I have some XBLA games if you're interested in a 1-for-1 trade?

#6646 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

I work with wood and leather as a hobby.  You can't just walk into a store and buy one of my custom bookshelves, spice rack, or one of my belts.  That doesn't make them valuable.

Then again I don't have thousands of fanboys frothing at the mouth to pay $60 for my lazy halfassed crap like Toad's Treasure Hunt or Mario Sports Mix......   :cry:

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#6647 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

On a different topic, anyone else feel like Nintendo's CS is painfully dated? Last year I had to go to hell and back to get my platinum reward replaced and this year I seem to have the same problem getting my potentially missing Digital DX points. It's almost to the point where I just get Game & Wario to get it over with. 

#6648 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Club Nintendo is going to a maintenance page for me...please give me something so spend my coins on Nintendo!  I don't want to get too excited though, it's probably nothing.

#6649 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

Club Nintendo is going to a maintenance page for me...please give me something so spend my coins on Nintendo!  I don't want to get too excited though, it's probably nothing.

it was on patience like a week ago with zero changes when it came back the prizes are ridiculous at his point

#6650 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

it was on patience like a week ago with zero changes when it came back the prizes are ridiculous at his point

Yeah, I saw that too...which is actually pretty sad...I check the Club Nintendo page way more than I should.  I'm not expecting much.

#6651 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

On a different topic, anyone else feel like Nintendo's CS is painfully dated? Last year I had to go to hell and back to get my platinum reward replaced and this year I seem to have the same problem getting my potentially missing Digital DX points. It's almost to the point where I just get Game & Wario to get it over with.

You have no idea. My friend recently bought one of their refurbished Wii Us, it took him a month and 9 phone calls to finally get a completely working unit. His Wii U didn't work, so they had him send it in. They then sent him just a Gamepad. They then sent him an empty box after assuring him twice that it had a Wii U in it. They then couldn't get anyone to open a box to get him a new Wii U system, so they sent him a new refurbished kit. After all that, he found out the Wii Mote plus that came with it wasn't working. After all that trouble, He now has a Wii U, two gamepads, one broken and one working wiimote, two sets of cables a copy of Nintendoland and a copy of SM3DW. All for $200 and a month worth of shit.

#6652 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

You have no idea. My friend recently bought one of their refurbished Wii Us, it took him a month and 9 phone calls to finally get a completely working unit. His Wii U didn't work, so they had him send it in. They then sent him just a Gamepad. They then sent him an empty box after assuring him twice that it had a Wii U in it. They then couldn't get anyone to open a box to get him a new Wii U system, so they sent him a new refurbished kit. After all that, he found out the Wii Mote plus that came with it wasn't working. After all that trouble, He now has a Wii U, two gamepads, one broken and one working wiimote, two sets of cables a copy of Nintendoland and a copy of SM3DW. All for $200 and a month worth of shit.

Thats not too terrible, since your friend sort of came ahead in the long run, but still way more than anyone should have to deal with. When I got my OST for Zelda replaced I was originally told they would just send me a new one. 1 month later I was told they were waiting for me to send it back and they would contact me in 2 business days with more details. Two business days later I talked to someone at Nintendo and they were just like send it back or deal with it, so I asked where to send it / if shipping would be covered (it was not -.-) and then I sent it to where they wanted with a letter explaining the issue like they said to write. Two weeks later I contacted Nintendo asking wtf was going on and they told me I sent it to the wrong place and thats why an issue had occurred. The guy finally did something and I got my OST a week or so later. 

Anyway, this digital one is proving to be more annoying because of how simple it is! I called on the day when elite rewards were announced and explained that I never got points for Pokemon Rumble U. 30 minutes of explaining that I had waited a day and I didn't want CN coins I got them to issue it and they said they would contact me in 2 business days with a solution. Two business days later I called and another 30 minutes of explanations got me back to "they will look into it" and it would be "5 to 7 business days." I then called again today to see what the progress was with the first complaint and she said that Nintendo had JUST TODAY got my issue over to the people that could solve it and they would most likely have an answer by August 1. Yes people, it took nearly 14 days just for Nintendo to LOOK at my issue and up to 16 days to potentially resolve it. ~_~ 

#6653 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 02:11 AM

What's up with CN.com, it's been down all day. Trying to use a code.

#6654 Lumas101

Lumas101

Posted Yesterday, 02:14 AM

Working for me.

#6655 DetectiveConanA113

DetectiveConanA113

Posted Yesterday, 02:15 AM

Everyone is probably trying to redeem their MK8 game codes at the same time as people who are trying to redeem their platinum/gold codes.
Edit: the site is also working for me.

#6656 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 02:30 AM

worked now, i dunno

#6657 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 02:35 AM

Site is up and down for me.  It was down, then I got on and redeemed a code and when I went to redeem the second code it went down again for a minute or so.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#6658 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 PM

Not sure what the hate is all about? Nintendo gives you free games/prizes for buying their titles all the time. The world is moving digital. I love my Platinum statue, my posters, my Majora's mask cd and even the Mario related pins they gave out. I don't mind more games though. My backlog will shed more tears knowing it's not a physical gift.

No idea what I am getting either. All the Platinum titles minus Game & Wario I do not own. Been wanting to get DKC3DS, also very interested in Earthbound, NES Remix and Dr. Luigi. Tough one for me.

Earthbound, no question. Sold my physical copy of it & GC Zelda, plus the PS4 camera when they were OoS in February to purchase a Zelda Wii U with the free Zelda download & Earthbound as my first two digital purchases.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png