Photo
* * * * - 21 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games 7/78/3-: Kid Icarus 3D (3DS) | Metal Torrent (3DS) | Donkey Kong Jr. (WiiU) | Paper Mario (Wii / WiiU) |

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
5712 replies to this topic

#1201 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

So if my elite status began jul 1st 2012, I won't be elite the next time the rewards come along right? But I'll still have my points available until just before the elite rewards start the next time around in 2014?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1202 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

So if my elite status began jul 1st 2012, I won't be elite the next time the rewards come along right? But I'll still have my points available until just before the elite rewards start the next time around in 2014?

Your elite status lasts the calendar year, so if you were in 2012, then you lose it on July 1st 2013, but you can earn it again. You keep your points for two years and can platinum again with 1,200 in the bank. You points expire in 2 years, so unless you have some going now, you're fine. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1203 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

Crap, I hope they bring back the shoelaces.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1204 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

trying to decide between the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Original Soundtrack and the posters. I do have the Nintendo Power Majora's Mask OST...

#1205 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

trying to decide between the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Original Soundtrack and the posters.

Same here. I never thought picking my prize would be this difficult. 

I'm a huge Zelda fan. So the MM soundtrack would be awesome, but it would most likely just sit on a shelf somewhere and collect dust. And out of all the posters the only one I'd probably hang up and frame would be the Wind Waker poster, which would require spending some bucks on a frame.

Decisions, Decisions....

Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

8-) A CAG that plays his games 8-)

#1206 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

I went with the soundtrack to go with the one that came with the 3DS Ocarina soundtrack. I really want that Zelda poster tho...i will probably try to get one off ebay when they ship out I guess.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#1207 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

Think im getting the soundtrack. The posters are nice, but I'd have to get them framed or laminated or something. I already have the OOT 3D CD, so it would be cool to have both
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1208 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

Let's get to the real issue here...when in the hell are they gonna put those damn 3ds Cases back up!?!

Do people really want that thing that much?  I have one but it just sits in a drawer, maybe I should sell it on ebay to offset the price of the Zelda OoT soundtrack, I didn't know about CN when I got it.  I even bought the Zelda 3ds at launch too.

#1209 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

Do people really want that thing that much?  I have one but it just sits in a drawer, maybe I should sell it on ebay to offset the price of the Zelda OoT soundtrack, I didn't know about CN when I got it.  I even bought the Zelda 3ds at launch too.

What a great community here folks.

A member says he would love to get his hands on a game case. So then another member's first reaction is "oh boy I should sell this on eBay".

Disgusting.

#1210 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

So what exactly should they do with their own property then?

#1211 Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin

You have FAILED this forum!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm on CheapAssGamer or SnobAssGamer...

#1212 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

What a great community here folks.

A member says he would love to get his hands on a game case. So then another member's first reaction is "oh boy I should sell this on eBay".

Disgusting.

You're absolutely right, I should have immediately offered to ship it to him.  Should have offered to pay shipping as well, it's what you would have done, right?

A quick check on ebay shows it's gone for around $30, give or take.  I doubt anyone here would be willing to pay that just for a game case, or have you forgotten the name of the site?  The only time I've seen one of these in the Market was in a lowball, and it went for just a few bucks.  And if he really wants it there's always pm's, I'd be happy to sell it to him if he likes, though I'm always hesitant to sell to someone with 0 feedback.  Besides, at the point I posted that it was just an idle thought, I'd have to do a bit more research to see what I could actually get for it.  I just want that OoT soundtrack to match the Majora's Mask I just ordered.  I've always thought you were a bit of an idiot, and you never fail to reinforce the notion.

#1213 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

You're absolutely right, I should have immediately offered to ship it to him.  Should have offered to pay shipping as well, it's what you would have done, right?

A quick check on ebay shows it's gone for around $30, give or take.  I doubt anyone here would be willing to pay that just for a game case, or have you forgotten the name of the site?  The only time I've seen one of these in the Market was in a lowball, and it went for just a few bucks.  And if he really wants it there's always pm's, I'd be happy to sell it to him if he likes, though I'm always hesitant to sell to someone with 0 feedback.  Besides, at the point I posted that it was just an idle thought, I'd have to do a bit more research to see what I could actually get for it.  I just want that OoT soundtrack to match the Majora's Mask I just ordered.  I've always thought you were a bit of an idiot, and you never fail to reinforce the notion.

I'm with Kitsunisan on this one. 

In a lot of ways you could read the comment as a passive offer of sale and they could have very easily offered to trade (like something like CN) / buy the item. In either case, not like the person is someone really distinguished with their 41 posts anyway. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1214 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

To be fair, I kind of agree with him. Seemed like a bit of bragging, the sort of thing that didn't even need to be posted.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1215 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

Wasn't bragging, just surprise, I didn't think anyone really cared about something like that.  I found it in a  drawer the other day and was wondering what I was going to do with it.

#1216 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

smh...

#1217 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

You're absolutely right, I should have immediately offered to ship it to him. Should have offered to pay shipping as well, it's what you would have done, right?
A quick check on ebay shows it's gone for around $30, give or take. I doubt anyone here would be willing to pay that just for a game case, or have you forgotten the name of the site? The only time I've seen one of these in the Market was in a lowball, and it went for just a few bucks. And if he really wants it there's always pm's, I'd be happy to sell it to him if he likes, though I'm always hesitant to sell to someone with 0 feedback. Besides, at the point I posted that it was just an idle thought, I'd have to do a bit more research to see what I could actually get for it. I just want that OoT soundtrack to match the Majora's Mask I just ordered. I've always thought you were a bit of an idiot, and you never fail to reinforce the notion.

Interesting how you initiate name calling. I don't recall us chatting before, how do you even remember my posts?

I was merely pointing out your initial reply to a member saying they wanted something, you immediately mentioned "let's see how much money I can make". I belong to numerous forums for various things. Art, movies, cycling, cars, etc. I can guarantee you any time on any other forum if I ever said "hey guys I could use some help" I would have replies offering anything they can. Yet here, which tends to be a younger crowd, is the hoarding, scalping, glutinous mindset. Just an observation of a member here for 10+ years. Even here, when club Nintendo year end came around, I spent hours here PM'ing around 50 members just so people didn't miss platinum. Could I have sold codes? Absolutely. Did I ask for anything or accept anything in return? No.

One day you'll get to a point in your life when someone's happiness is much more important than making a few bucks.

#1218 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

Some people are generous, others are nice but also want profit. Had a guy here PM me and ship me one of his Fire Emblem Awakening artbooks for free after seeing I was pissed about not getting one.

Have other times where I could off handedly mention a game or DLC, and have 3+ people PM me trying to sell it to me at practically MSRP

To be fair given the nature of the site, its understandable
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1219 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Interesting how you initiate name calling. I don't recall us chatting before, how do you even remember my posts?

I was merely pointing out your initial reply to a member saying they wanted something, you immediately mentioned "let's see how much money I can make". I belong to numerous forums for various things. Art, movies, cycling, cars, etc. I can guarantee you any time on any other forum if I ever said "hey guys I could use some help" I would have replies offering anything they can. Yet here, which tends to be a younger crowd, is the hoarding, scalping, glutinous mindset. Just an observation of a member here for 10+ years. Even here, when club Nintendo year end came around, I spent hours here PM'ing around 50 members just so people didn't miss platinum. Could I have sold codes? Absolutely. Did I ask for anything or accept anything in return? No.

One day you'll get to a point in your life when someone's happiness is much more important than making a few bucks.

I think you're jumping the gun there. 

While other places might have "higher quality" people that "are always willing to help", I am pretty sure you're discounting some things. For one thing, I am willing to bet someone with status is going to get better posts / offers than some new comer, who might not get anything. You can also look at forums like SlickDeals (which has an older demographic than CAG) and some of those people wouldn't reply like that, but flat out say "$30 dollars for mine." (Though SD has rules against trades over $5 dollars) Anyway, I've seen some CAG's go above and beyond and I've seen other CAG's try to screw someone else over. Like I've gotten offers like $14 shipped for my copy of Soul Sacrifice because GS has the game for around $30 and the online pass is worth another $10. Probably my favorite was the full SE 2012 offering (simply because I said I liked the picture...) for my first generation PlayStation 3 under the condition that I can prove it's both moddable (if it's above a certain firmware, then the deal is off) and the disc drive worked. In either case, you should impose your beliefs onto others. Not like their reply was any worse than a number of other people in this thread, yet I didn't see you call any of them out... Heck, I don't want my MM OST I got for hitting platinum, does that instantly mean I should offer it to the first people that posts here and pass them it for the cost of shipping? 

#1220 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

Wasn't bragging, just surprise, I didn't think anyone really cared about something like that.  I found it in a  drawer the other day and was wondering what I was going to do with it.

I would have offered to give it to him and to give him a blow job whenever he pleased, how shameful, that you didn't immediately offer to part with something you own to some completely random person.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1221 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

so i just registered 300+ coins for elite status, but i cant get Links awakening because it says I'm not a 2013 elite status member, am i not elgible for it?

#1222 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

so i just registered 300+ coins for elite status, but i cant get Links awakening because it says I'm not a 2013 elite status member, am i not elgible for it?

Cutoff was 6/31/13. Your coins are valid for whatever the prize is when it's announced next year.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#1223 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Same here. I never thought picking my prize would be this difficult. 

I'm a huge Zelda fan. So the MM soundtrack would be awesome, but it would most likely just sit on a shelf somewhere and collect dust. And out of all the posters the only one I'd probably hang up and frame would be the Wind Waker poster, which would require spending some bucks on a frame.

Decisions, Decisions....

Haha, odds are the cd will collect dust next to my other MM's soundtrack and the posters will stay rolled up next to my other posters.

#1224 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

I went ahead and bit on the MM soundtrack.  It was either that or the posters, and I'm never gonna go get those framed and hang them, so soundtrack it is.

#1225 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

I ended up choosing the posters. While I was at it I ordered the 3 mario posters as well, really like the history of mario one.

Anyone know a good place to buy frames? Best I could find was some walmart frames, set of 2 for $14

#1226 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'd check Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

#1227 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

The Majoria's Mask soundtrack will go nicely with my Ocarina of Time soundtrack I got last year. :bouncy:  I just hope its not in a paper sleeve.

Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#1228 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Michael's often has a 40% off regular price coupon (google offers had one recently) as well as the occasional 20% off reg/sale prices.

#1229 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

The Majoria's Mask soundtrack will go nicely with my Ocarina of Time soundtrack I got last year. :bouncy:  I just hope its not in a paper sleeve.

From the description:

This re-released 2 CD set features the entire soundtrack of this classic Zelda™ title and will be packaged in a double-CD jewel case.

#1230 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

I ended up choosing the posters. While I was at it I ordered the 3 mario posters as well, really like the history of mario one.

Anyone know a good place to buy frames? Best I could find was some walmart frames, set of 2 for $14

This is the exact reason why I passed on the posters. You're looking at like $45 bucks to frame the six posters you got after tax and what not. That's a ball bark figure. You're not going to spend much less then that.

Plus the time spent doing it which to me is a hassle going out to find matching size frames. One wrong size makes it a even bigger hassle.

The only other options is leave them in the tubes or damage them with tape or pins.

needler420.png