Photo
* * * * - 27 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games Up (10/13-11/16)

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
7984 replies to this topic

#2011 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Haven't been reading the discussion, but it's a Wii only game with no Wii U upgrade (yet) so that may be the reason why.

#2012 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Can't wait to get that Super Mario Bros. 3 on my 3DS! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2013 deft2k

deft2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

People having problems with their codes, you should be able to redeem them now. My Metroid code just worked, so I imagine the others should too.

#2014 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Are you talking about that offer that DRI botched terribly?

Speak for yourself... I preordered my copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate from there and got it on Friday before release. Came with the controller and everything. 

Pretty sure ALTTP has not been added to the Wii U VC yet, but I don't suspect it will be much longer since Zelda 1 and 2 are on there.

My comment was meant as a general "you can upgrade these games" and nothing more. I have no doubts that all CN offered games will be upgradable at some point, since it's an easy way to cash in. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2015 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Why would I want a Gamecube controller? LOL I just want to use the gamepad that came WITH MY SYSTEM. Surely, this is an outright ridiculous thing to want! Your comment has truly risen the standard of excellence in these hallowed forums of yore.

Right. If this was available I would totally do it.

And Admiral, I don't think it is "Silly and stupid" to want to play the game on my Gamepad. I think that's taking it pretty far. If that was the case, wanting an account system or cross-buy would also be silly and stupid. I don't know if you said it out of spite or if you genuinely believe it is a stupid thing to want.

Nintendrones are hilarious. You should just learn to ignore them, Dan.

#2016 bradmanuel

bradmanuel

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

You CAN play Wii VC games on the gamepad, but you have to use the remote and classic controller separately to control the game. So basically you make the Gamepad into a tiny TV. I assume they didn't just make the Gamepad controls emulate a Classic Controller because it would remove a lot of the value of the Wii U VC games if it could do that. Or maybe there are technical difficulties making this impossible, I don't really know.

#2017 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

Speak for yourself... I preordered my copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate from there and got it on Friday before release. Came with the controller and everything. 

Well that was then.  About a month ago they put it on sale with the controller without actually having any controllers or planning to get any more.  I didn't cancel mine since it was still marginally cheaper than getting just the game and it still hasn't shipped.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#2018 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

And Admiral, I don't think it is "Silly and stupid" to want to play the game on my Gamepad. I think that's taking it pretty far. If that was the case, wanting an account system or cross-buy would also be silly and stupid. I don't know if you said it out of spite or if you genuinely believe it is a stupid thing to want.

I don't see how those things are silly, stupid or related. 

These are Wii versions, not Wii U, so your point of playing it on the gamepad is IRFUCKINGRELEVANT. However, you can freely play it on the Wii side of things with the classic controller or in some cases the Wiimote (I believe). Down the road or in some cases currently, you can also pay the fee to upgrade it for gamepad support. In either case, I stand by it's silly and stupid to call Nintendo out for dropping GC support, you not owning a classic controller or pro controller, disliking that it doesn't natively work with the gamepad or anything of the like. 

Well that was then.  About a month ago they put it on sale with the controller without actually having any controllers or planning to get any more.  I didn't cancel mine since it was still marginally cheaper than getting just the game and it still hasn't shipped.

Sigh~ I don't want to argue about this. I just brought up an example in the past where one was free. I don't want to do hours of research just to verify that everything I say is 100% relevant to the point in time I say it. At the same time people were ordering those games, I recall people mentioning Dragon's Dogma came with the bobble bud thing, though they removed it from the site at that point. Shit happens. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2019 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Well I was feeling a little dumb for forgetting to decide if I wanted Zelda or not but Dillon's and ALTTP is much better use of coins.

Zelda still shows as available for purchase currently - https://club.nintend...ails/a/41002.do

default.pngmmitch079.png

#2020 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

I don't see how those things are silly, stupid or related. 

These are Wii versions, not Wii U, so your point of playing it on the gamepad is IRFUCKINGRELEVANT. However, you can freely play it on the Wii side of things with the classic controller or in some cases the Wiimote (I believe). Down the road or in some cases currently, you can also pay the fee to upgrade it for gamepad support. In either case, I stand by it's silly and stupid to call Nintendo out for dropping GC support, you not owning a classic controller or pro controller, disliking that it doesn't natively work with the gamepad or anything of the like. 

If I can open up Dolphin and play Wii games on my Dualshock, my 360 pad, my Mad Catz FIghtsick, my logitech basic controller, my mouse and keyboard or even my godamn Thrustmaster FlightStick with Throttle.. then Nintendo can type a few lines of code and allow gamepad support.

ESPECIALLY when all of this is available through an extremely small group of fans, not one of the biggest gaming companies in the world.

#2021 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

What admiral said. The game is a for the Wii virtual console, not the Wii U virtual console. Expecting game pad support for a game that is for a Wii (which through the Wii app can be played on the Wii U) is silly. They may add it later to the Wii U virtual console though, and then it is okay to expect game pad support. 

#2022 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

If I can open up Dolphin and play Wii games on my Dualshock, my 360 pad, my Mad Catz FIghtsick, my logitech basic controller, my mouse and keyboard or even my godamn Thrustmaster FlightStick with Throttle.. then Nintendo can type a few lines of code and allow gamepad support.

ESPECIALLY when all of this is available through an extremely small group of fans, not one of the biggest gaming companies in the world.

Oh another armchair engineer/programmer. What sort of purpose is there to assume that doing xyz is easy and the only reason they don't do it is laziness when you have no actual knowledge of the process?

#2023 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

...or you could just buy a damn Classic Controller and quitcher bitchin'.

uc.png

#2024 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Sigh~ I don't want to argue about this. I just brought up an example in the past where one was free. I don't want to do hours of research just to verify that everything I say is 100% relevant to the point in time I say it. At the same time people were ordering those games, I recall people mentioning Dragon's Dogma came with the bobble bud thing, though they removed it from the site at that point. Shit happens. 

You just made that sound like a viable option by which someone could obtain a CCP still.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#2025 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

I apologize for getting things off-topic. I have a hard time not replying when my intelligence is insulted. Ultimately, I guess I have no problem with anyone believing what I think is silly or stupid on the internet. If we could just carry on and get back to the deals, it would be for the best. :)

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#2026 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

I apologize for getting things off-topic. I have a hard time not replying when my intelligence is insulted. Ultimately, I guess I have no problem with anyone believing what I think is silly or stupid on the internet. If we could just carry on and get back to the deals, it would be for the best. :)

We all think everyone else is stupid, it's what makes the internet go round.

Trade List

#2027 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Am I the only one getting "This item is not currently available" and "Sorry" redeem button for Zelda ALTTP? Did they ran out of codes?!

Geez, first the 3DS XL charging cradle and now this. :(

I'm getting the same thing, which is especially annoying since I've been waiting all year for this.

I guess the question should be, is anybody not having this problem?

#2028 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

How long after you register a Wii U does the survey take to show up?

Anyone? 

#2029 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

Anyone? 

There isn't a survey. You just register it and get your 160 points.

#2030 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Ok, how long does it take to get the 160 coins then?

#2031 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Metroid is showing as unavailable.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#2032 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

Meh. It's okay. At least a 6.5.

I see,Ill probably get that since I dont use my Wii to get Zelda:ALttP and I really dont want Metroid.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#2033 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Can't wait to get that Super Mario Bros. 3 on my 3DS! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I miss something?

#2034 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Ok, how long does it take to get the 160 coins then?

It's instant. You enter your code and it says something like congratulations on your purchase, heres your club nintendo coins.

#2035 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

Did I miss something?

That's what I'm wondering. LOL

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#2036 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Anyone? 

If it was a Nintendoland bundle, then 1 week for the Nintendoland survey. Otherwise you just get the coins. 

#2037 AgentNono24

AgentNono24

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Did I miss something?

Nintendo announced that Super Mario Bros 3 is coming to the Wii U and 3DS soon

HiddenLotus24.png

FlareScarlet24.png  kom

#2038 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

That is correct. 

The next game will be disappointing. 

Guess you were wrong this time around bro.

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#2039 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Nintendo announced that Super Mario Bros 3 is coming to the Wii U and 3DS soon

Gotchya. Then I am a little more daft today than I realized. Thanks for the heads-up! I'd love that on my 3DS.

#2040 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Guess you were wrong this time around bro.

My god, is it attack me day?

Seriously, I only speak for myself and the concept of disappointing is based off MY OPINION and no one else's. I still think the games are disappointing and if you want to post some proof that I am contradicting myself, then you can freely call me out, but I don't care for people waiting to call out someone for being "helpful", because I totally mentioned after that "I don't know what information you're expecting us to have, but I sincerely doubt anyone on CAG knows what the next games will be. However, these games have historically sucked, so it stands to reason the next games will too. "