Photo
- - - - -

NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition $99.99 @BestBuy

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#61 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

That negative youtube review means absolutely nothing.

I just looked at my unit this morning before I left for work and I still think it's a good, solid unit.

If I really wanted, I could make a video review of my handheld unit and make this thing look like gold.

It's all in the perception of the owner. Do you equate a lightweight unit as being cheap? If yes, then don't buy it. This unit is definitely lightweight. Nowhere close to the weight of a 3ds or ps vita. But I don't make a connection that if something's light, then it's cheap.

For 99 dollars, you get a docking unit, controller and handheld unit. Not to mention 20 fun games. Definitely worth the 99 dollars that it's currently priced at.

I laugh at how everyone is so easily convinced that this system is garbage because of one youtube review that's posted in this thread.

It's not just one video. Also even if it was why do you need more than one? The video was pretty comprehensive. Anyway...the fact that you had to recheck to see if it was cheap or not says a lot. That's something you usually notice from the get go. You sound like you are in denial and you just want to drag others into your bad decision.

#62 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

It's not just one video. Also even if it was why do you need more than one? The video was pretty comprehensive. Anyway...the fact that you had to recheck to see if it was cheap or not says a lot. That's something you usually notice from the get go. You sound like you are in denial and you just want to drag others into your bad decision.

Sure, there are some bad reviews. There are also some very good reviews. And, if nothing else, the joystick is almost universally liked as it plays like a slightly lighter original NeoGeo joystick. Also, the first game card release is coming with a firmware update that will at least attempt to fix the scanline issue. It's not a product for everyone, but there are plenty of people who like it.

Besides, the brunt of the issues people had with it on release was on using it as a portable system. If i wanted a portable system, I'd probably look elsewhere. But for someone wanting to relive nostalgia on their tv, it's really not bad.

#63 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Sure, there are some bad reviews. There are also some very good reviews. And, if nothing else, the joystick is almost universally liked as it plays like a slightly lighter original NeoGeo joystick. Also, the first game card release is coming with a firmware update that will at least attempt to fix the scanline issue. It's not a product for everyone, but there are plenty of people who like it.

Besides, the brunt of the issues people had with it on release was on using it as a portable system. If i wanted a portable system, I'd probably look elsewhere. But for someone wanting to relive nostalgia on their tv, it's really not bad.

Actually, the significant problems people had were with the dock/TV output. The handheld most people felt was pretty consistent with the Dingoo upon which it was built. The joystick is also not great outside of the dock as there are pretty significant lag and responsiveness issues when connecting to other devices.

I've had one since launch that I received as a Christmas gift and I think $100 is probably reasonable, but this is not something most people are going to play on a regular basis nor is it anywhere close to as good as the real thing in whatever form.

#64 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

That negative youtube review means absolutely nothing.

I just looked at my unit this morning before I left for work and I still think it's a good, solid unit.

If I really wanted, I could make a video review of my handheld unit and make this thing look like gold.

It's all in the perception of the owner. Do you equate a lightweight unit as being cheap? If yes, then don't buy it. This unit is definitely lightweight. Nowhere close to the weight of a 3ds or ps vita. But I don't make a connection that if something's light, then it's cheap.

For 99 dollars, you get a docking unit, controller and handheld unit. Not to mention 20 fun games. Definitely worth the 99 dollars that it's currently priced at.

I laugh at how everyone is so easily convinced that this system is garbage because of one youtube review that's posted in this thread.

:applause:

#65 zaxxon2000

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

SOLD OUT !!!!!!! Might not go to $50. Arcade stick is sold out too!

Edited by zaxxon2000, 25 April 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#66 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Here is a comparison video I posted in the other Neo Geo Gold X thread in case some have missed it. It is a comparison between the AES console and the Neo Geo Gold X. I hope this helps your purchasing decision. :)

#67 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

I haven't seen it in stores, so really sold out for me. I would've liked the stick, but getting a Hori stick would fare me better.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#68 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Full on review by Ashens. Even at $100 its not worth it.

New sig coming soon.

#69 takuhi

takuhi

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

Arggghhh, sold out and no price match from Amazon.

Is this online only, or does Best Buy actually stock them in their stores?

#70 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

thanks for posting that review demolition man.

#71 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

I'll still wait, I'm not so keen on dropping $100 on it, not within my WTP. :lol:

Arggghhh, sold out and no price match from Amazon.

Is this online only, or does Best Buy actually stock them in their stores?

I think it's Online Only. Never seen it before at Best Buy.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#72 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Future Terrorist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

$60 and below.

There's still not any games for it. The NEO-GEO vol. collection are coming out next month.

4991513+_e6894703896f41d526744ca241878434991513+_87244bedbf8b77b7de5c1ff2599ced4

#73 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

Why is this listed under Nintendo 64?!

I really would like to get one, but still debating it ;(

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png

#74 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Full on review by Ashens. Even at $100 its not worth it.

This is the same exact review that I watched. Completely turned me off. Have fun with this one guys!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#75 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Only $50 more to go!
Posted Image

#76 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

By the way it looks and from reviews... I wouldn't even pay $50 for that thing. Maybe $30 for novelty.

Hell, you can find GBA Micro for $30 and it has WAY better value than that.

#77 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

Why do you need more than 1, Because its the users opinion. Are you seriously asking that?

I rechecked because I thought that reviewer was on crack. I always thought it was a solid handheld. I still think it is.

I'm not in denial at all. Sorry bud.

#78 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

Why do you need more than 1, Because its the users opinion. Are you seriously asking that?

I rechecked because I thought that reviewer was on crack. I always thought it was a solid handheld. I still think it is.

I'm not in denial at all. Sorry bud.

Classic denial symptoms. Denial...then anger.

#79 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

I love you!

#80 grimhope

grimhope

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

All the negative reviews about this thing seem to come form people who owned the original AES. If you are comparing it to the original, of course you aren't going to be satisfied with it. MOST people, at least i would assume, never got the chance to own the original AES due to price. I was waiting for $100 and I jumped when I had the chance. Can't see this being that big of a disappointment at $100 myself, but to each their own i guess

#81 grimhope

grimhope

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

On a side note the amazon price has jumped from 130 to 180. Those of you waiting for $50 are going to be highly disappointed. Its never going to see $50

#82 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

On a side note the amazon price has jumped from 130 to 180. Those of you waiting for $50 are going to be highly disappointed. Its never going to see $50

When it was $130 people were saying it would never drop to $99. Lol! $50 or bust.

#83 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

If this doesn't hit $50 I will be amazed.
Posted Image

#84 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

they sold out online

#85 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Alright, this is bullcrap!! I tried to get a price match on the 130 dollar Neo Geo Gold X I bought from Best Buy last week down to the 99.99 price that they have advertised on their own website, and I was told that they won't do it due to the item currently being out of stock and they don't price match with out of stock items, whether it is a competitor or themselves.

How are you not going to honor a price drop that is listed on your own website from where your customers bought the item from just because it is listed "out of stock?" I just don't understand this policy. I don't want to return the item, I want to keep it, I just want the 30 dollar price difference. Fuck Best Buy!! I am kind of feeling shocked by this and kind of want to start taking my business elsewhere if Best Buy is going to pull crap like this; which they did, obviously. At least I will go to a store where they don't have price dropping guarantee, so I don't have to worry if they'll honor it or not.

I am so disappointed in Best Buy right now. [-(

#86 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Ask them what price it shows in the store, and if it's that price in the store, just return and rebuy.
Posted Image

#87 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I can see where the argument can stem from but that is bull crap.

#88 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Alright, this is bullcrap!! I tried to get a price match on the 130 dollar Neo Geo Gold X I bought from Best Buy last week down to the 99.99 price that they have advertised on their own website, and I was told that they won't do it due to the item currently being out of stock and they don't price match with out of stock items, whether it is a competitor or themselves.

How are you not going to honor a price drop that is listed on your own website from where your customers bought the item from just because it is listed "out of stock?" I just don't understand this policy. I don't want to return the item, I want to keep it, I just want the 30 dollar price difference. Fuck Best Buy!! I am kind of feeling shocked by this and kind of want to start taking my business elsewhere if Best Buy is going to pull crap like this; which they did, obviously. At least I will go to a store where they don't have price dropping guarantee, so I don't have to worry if they'll honor it or not.

I am so disappointed in Best Buy right now. [-(

Their PM policy changed in March so that you have to do PMs at time of purchase and can't do it post-purchase.

The only way you can do a post-purchase "PM" is to do a buy-and-return within 14 days, though if you return too many times in a 6 month period, they'll bar you from returns for some period of time.

Feel free to try and do a buy-and-return, though most likely, you'll get one tick towards getting banned from returns.

#89 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

So they'll return the item even though I've already opened it and took everything out of the box? Also, do I need to pack up everything and actually take the item to the store if I do a return-rebuy, provided the stores offer the 99.99 price tag.

I do believe I have 1 tick on a return-rebuy on me after price matching God of War: Ascension a week ago thanks to a $20 dollar coupon they offered on their website. Unfortunately, the girl handling my price matching didn't know what to do except to do in price matching my full priced God of War purchase a month prior and to do a return-rebuy so that I could use the coupon post-purchase. She didn't say anything about having a mark on me, but now that you've mentioned it, I probably do. :drool:

Although, I've done probably about 5 post-purchase price matching since learning of it a few months ago, even though all 5 of those games are bought at Best Buy. Do they always do a return-rebuy whenever price matching an advertised item post purchase? If so, I may have to stop as I don't want to be banned from doing it in the future with a really good advertised deal. Although, they haven't said anything to me about being banned from doing it. This is the first I am learning of it.

#90 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

When it was $130 people were saying it would never drop to $99. Lol! $50 or bust.

I was just saying that in another thread that I'm sure it'll drop below 130$ soon saying you could spend that money elsewhere and some idiot fanboy started getting all upset just because I said you could get a 3DS for the same price and started saying basicly saying I couldn't be an old school gamer because of that.Personally I don't think I'd consider picking it up till it was below 80$.