Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#91 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

I hope newegg does another $10 off so I can snag the game from there. I forgot to do it when I did all my other preorders :/

Me too. Got Muramasa Rebirth preordered for $30 for Vita, would preorder both versions of this game if discounts became available.

#92 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

I wish the retailers would update their sites about the preorder bonuses. I don't want to commit to one until they do

The day Atlas announced the art book pre-order bonus, this game skyrocketed to the top 10 on the Amazon VG Chart, and has remained there or close since. Wait too long and it may be too late. You know Amazon will provide the books while supplies last, so why bother holding out?

#93 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

The day Atlas announced the art book pre-order bonus, this game skyrocketed to the top 10 on the Amazon VG Chart, and has remained there or close since. Wait too long and it may be too late. You know Amazon will provide the books while supplies last, so why bother holding out?

you make a good point. I can always cancel if I decide to go with another retailer, just checked out at amazon.

#94 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

You are still young there are vast swaths of the internet that will do that as well.

Hah, definitely not young. I think I just successfully managed to avoid that portion of the internet at some point in my life. Probably around the time I stopped watching anime. Weirds me out, man.

#95 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

I remember I did, but now it was as if I never pre-ordered. Its like they removed the listing and relisted or something and voided my pre-order.
Because I KNOW I preordered a long time ago.

This happened to me too... I had that pre-ordered for a loooooong time. Kind of annoying, but I'm not too bummed about it.

SteamWidget.PNG

#96 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

For those of you who with previously canceled preorders, who got Amazon to honor the original price, what was your approach? I still have my original email canceling my order, but I never have tried something like that before. I'm not about to throw away $10 if I dont have to.

Thank you.

KneeKnee.png

#97 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Me too. Got Muramasa Rebirth preordered for $30 for Vita, would preorder both versions of this game if discounts became available.

Why not order the limited edition? It seems truly limited

#98 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

I was very tempted by the LE of Muramasa, especially for the custom Hori Face Cover (not as much for the custom Hori screen protector). My Vita does already have a regular black Hori face cover though (and I love it). But $60 is just too steep for me and I have to draw the line on LEs based on cost. Too many games I want these days and I need to limit spending to accommodate that.

For Dragon's Crown, the preorder artbook WOULD push me over the edge to order, especially since it starts at $40 (Vita) and $50 (PS3); but I'll still try to wait for a Newegg $10 off promo for those, if possible.

#99 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Until Amazon updates their description to include the artbook, I'm suspicious that they'll provide one at all. Sooner or later some of these retailers will add the artbook info to their preorders, you would think?

#100 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

What is this based on?

#101 argyle

argyle

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Wow, thanks for the heads up guys - I had both versions preordered when they first went up for the cheaper price. Not only did they match that on a new preorder for both, but they even gave me the Gold Box discounts I had on them before. Both games for under $60? Yup, I can work with that! :D
Posted Image

#102 darkhado666

darkhado666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

So gamestop and amazon are still not displaying the artbook as a pre-order bonus...not good.
Posted Image

#103 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

So gamestop and amazon are still not displaying the artbook as a pre-order bonus...not good.

The game is still three months from release and the bonus was only announced four days ago, two days of which were a weekend. Not sure why that's "not good" as it will certainly be put up soon and is very unlikely to be as limited as people seem to be anticipating.

#104 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Honestly speaking, it means nothing.

Gamestop listed a preorder bonus for NG2S+, yet it was removed on the last day without warning. On the other hand, Amazon had listed the Muramasa preorder item (GS too I think) well before it was announced, so it goes both ways. If you don't see it come the time of release, just cancel and go elsewhere.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#105 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

Well, after the $30 orders got cancelled, I have my "new" PS3 pre-order locked in since May 2, 2012.
I hope Amazon to apply a first in first out if this book gets really limited.
Posted Image

#106 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

The book is showing up on amazon now it just doesn't have a separate box that says preorderd bonus. Under the description it says includes 64 page art book

#107 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

The book is showing up on amazon now it just doesn't have a separate box that says preorderd bonus. Under the description it says includes 64 page art book

Cool, now we have reference if Amazon doesn't ship the book with our preorders. Thanks. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#108 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

There is also a product preview trailer on newegg that shows the Art Book at the very end... Of course its all in Japanese script so I guess it could be nothing of note too.

#109 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

I have my pre-order in. I've enjoyed all of VanillaWare's previous titles, so they get considerable slack where my wallet is concerned. I'm also quite happy that they went for a more mid-tier price. More companies need to release their games at a wider price range.

#110 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Called CS, replaced my original order and they gave me a $30 discount towards the purchase. Paid in full with AMZ gift cards. Thanks for the heads up :)

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#111 Zeferino64

Zeferino64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

Wow, thanks for the heads up guys - I had both versions preordered when they first went up for the cheaper price. Not only did they match that on a new preorder for both, but they even gave me the Gold Box discounts I had on them before. Both games for under $60? Yup, I can work with that! :D

lucky. They did match both of mine but they didn't match the GB discount one of them had.

#112 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Amazon already updated the pre-order info about the artbook:
"The 64-page art book (Dragons Crown Artworks) will be included" :)
Posted Image

#113 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

GameStop has the art book listed now for the PS3 and Vita.

#114 Flash Strife

Flash Strife

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

How did you guys who got it for the old price get amazon to price match the old pre-order price? Did you e-mail or do a chat? Was it a hassle? They cancelled mine as well long ago and I'd LOVE to get it for $30.

#115 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Anyone know if the dragons crown artbook is amazon/gamestop only? i pre ordered the vita version at BBY but notice they dont list one. I  need to know if i should cancel it and order at GS instead. Sooner rather than later so i dont miss out on it

For those of you who with previously canceled preorders, who got Amazon to honor the original price, what was your approach? I still have my original email canceling my order, but I never have tried something like that before. I'm not about to throw away $10 if I dont have to.

Thank you.

i just emailed them with a slightly pissed off message and copy/pasted my priginal confirmation. I did it a long time ago though. its probably too late now. Kinda neat getting the ps3 version for.. 25, 30? forget what it was. With the artbook

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#116 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Shit. I was just denied via chat. Is there a customer service e-mail address, where I can forward my original confirmation?

edit: I followed up with an e-mail. If I'm unsuccessful, I'll go ahead and pre-order the game, and save money through my other routine purchases.

#117 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for reminding me about this. I remember when it was canceled and never bothered to get the price changed when the new listings came up soon after. Sent an email and was quickly rejected by some basic form letter about policy and which didn't reflect that someone actually read what I wrote. Sent another and was told that the old listing was "offered by different suppliers rather than the suppliers of your recent orders" but the rep changed the prices anyway. It really depends on who you get when you email them, and it doesn't hurt to try again (I'd give up after 3 tries, personally, and would only so much if I felt like the CSR was completely clueless). If you haven't emailed yet, give it a shot, there is still plenty of time until release.

#118 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

is this a crossbuy game?

Posted Image

#119 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

is this a crossbuy game?

it was when it wa announced, now its not i guess =( pretty lame

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#120 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

It's not a huge discount, but the PS3 version is $45.12 right now at Amazon.