Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

Zonic505

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

frys_01.png

walmart_01.png

dragons_crown.jpg

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys reminded me and I checked and I was not locked in at the $30 price for the PS3, but I am for $40, which is still not too shabby!

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Just following up on my post earlier...Amazon totally will adjust the price for you, supposing you have the order# (thank god for Gmail's gigantic inbox capacity - my order was from April 2011.) So if you have the original email, by all means shoot CS an email.[/QUOTE]
The first thing I want to say is that this isn't an attack on you (since you weren't acting like you were entitled to a price adjustment or anything). I can't believe that they adjusted a price on an order that was cancelled over a year ago. I talked to them the day after it was cancelled, and you'd have thought I was trying to take food directly out of their children's mouths.

Obviously I'd love to get the artbook in addition to the $30 price tag. If I don't though, I'm certainly not going to be too disappointed.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Just following up on my post earlier...Amazon totally will adjust the price for you, supposing you have the order# (thank god for Gmail's gigantic inbox capacity - my order was from April 2011.) So if you have the original email, by all means shoot CS an email.[/QUOTE]

holy crap. I figured it was going to be too late for you. Glad it worked out for you!

Not really related to the "deal" but I'm curious if the cover was changed since "Boobie Gate" because the Sorceress almost looks embarassed of well endowment... Just look at how she covers them up?

More on topic... I guess I should email Atlus and verfiy the Art book as I got it preordered from them when they where doing the 10 dollar off any preorder of 50 bucks or more last year.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']The first thing I want to say is that this isn't an attack on you (since you weren't acting like you were entitled to a price adjustment or anything). I can't believe that they adjusted a price on an order that was cancelled over a year ago. I talked to them the day after it was cancelled, and you'd have thought I was trying to take food directly out of their children's mouths.

Obviously I'd love to get the artbook in addition to the $30 price tag. If I don't though, I'm certainly not going to be too disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. But I have had an Amazon account for over 5 years and I have never taken advantage of their overly generous CS before. I've never even returned anything. Some people will say just because you can doesn't mean you should and I completely respect that, but this is a case where I think I (and everyone else who placed an early preorder) have a legitimate claim, and if anything it just makes me want to give Amazon more of my business in the future.

Thanks OP. I already have it pre-ordered from NewEgg for PS3. Now I ordered the Vita version from Amazon. This art books are killing me. I am not a day one buyer of games since I have a HUGE backlog. But the collectibles are too good to pass up. :cry:

Huh, I found the email for the preorder of the :ps3: version I placed at $29.99 back in June 2011, as well as the cancellation notice.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I just sent a polite email to CS with the original order number and link to the current :ps3: version's price. I can dream, can't I? ;) I'll keep you guys updated.

A bonus artbook stuffed with VanillaWare's trademark style? Okay, yeah, that is ample reason for a pre-order. It doesn't hurt that they also got some of Capcom's art veterans to pitch in. (I've always loved their work as well, and its a good stylistic fit for VanillaWare's characters) I have to bite on this one.

Very, very interesting:

[quote name='Amazon CS']Hello,

We realize that from time to time, our customers will be able to purchase certain items from another store at a lower price than ours. We are pleased that you would prefer to order from us.

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy. Please place a new order for the "Dragon's Crown" and write back to us with the order number using below link so that we can honor the $29.99 for the new order.

NOTE: Please be advised that we're only able to honor price of orders which are sold and shipped by Amazon.com directly or fulfilled by Amazon.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

[LINK REMOVED FOR PRIVACY]

We hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,
Rajmohan R[/QUOTE]The bad news is that the link is apparently expired, but I sent another email with the new and old order numbers in it (as well as this CS rep's response), so hopefully I can end up with the :ps3: version for $29.99. :D

May be a foolish question so sorry in advance.

If I pre-order through Best Buy, I still get the art book and I can use my RZ Certificates (which expire before August) towards the pre-order?

Happy to see Newegg is on the list, since I got that pre-ordered for $38. In the past they usually didn't come with the pre-order bonuses ie Ni No Kuni and the metal case.

[quote name='ck76']May be a foolish question so sorry in advance.

If I pre-order through Best Buy, I still get the art book and I can use my RZ Certificates (which expire before August) towards the pre-order?[/QUOTE]You can use RZ codes and still get a pre-order bonus if a game comes with it, but I might wait for Atlus to confirm the stores that'll be doing it before ordering. I noticed some sites have updated with the newly revealed box art, but still no word on the artbook strangely.

I just can't shake the feeling that the Vita version will be a PS+ title. I think I will take the chance and wait it out.

With so many games coming out this year and a new generation of consoles... I am probably going to sell the artbook to cut down on the price if I can get at least half of the price reduced.

BOOYAH! I got another response saying they'd honor the $29.99 price for the :ps3: version, and the order details now show that price. \\:D/

Thanks to those CAGs who suggested emailing CS with the original order number in hand; now I just have to hope I'll get the artbook... :pray:

And I'll probably wait for the Vita version to drop in price before picking it up, just because I picture a game like this on-the-go being tons of fun. :D

[quote name='Zonic505']You can use RZ codes and still get a pre-order bonus if a game comes with it, but I might wait for Atlus to confirm the stores that'll be doing it before ordering. I noticed some sites have updated with the newly revealed box art, but still no word on the artbook strangely.[/QUOTE]

The official site has various stores listed, which I would trust more than the site itself actually saying that. Also going off the number of stores listed, I am willing to bet this will just be a first run edition.

First and foremost, thanks a ton for the head's up, OP! I was almost going to import this from Japan to get ahold of that artbook, but now I won't need to~!

Also, an admin reply to the preorder bonus thread at the Atlus forums here answers a few of the questions that have popped up here:

[quote name='Onion of Mystery']1) The artbook will be for preorders of either the Vita and PS3 versions.

2) The preorder bonus should be available for all retailers, not just the ones listed on the site, though if you are ordering from a small store, you may wish to confirm this for yourself, due to their choice of distributor.

3) The artbook is not bundled with the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']BOOYAH! I got another response saying they'd honor the $29.99 price for the :ps3: version, and the order details now show that price. \\:D/

Thanks to those CAGs who suggested emailing CS with the original order number in hand; now I just have to hope I'll get the artbook... :pray:

And I'll probably wait for the Vita version to drop in price before picking it up, just because I picture a game like this on-the-go being tons of fun. :D[/QUOTE]

From amazon? Did you preorder ahead of time?

Not sure about preordering this yet. Free art book is a nice incentive, though, even if some of the art is awful (Amazon warrior chick's lumpy legs).

[quote name='Rosterking']Where's Katy Perry's elmo gif when you need it.[/QUOTE]

Ask and ye shall receive!

katy_perry_snl_gif.gif

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']From amazon? Did you preorder ahead of time?[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was one of those who preordered the :ps3: version a couple of years ago when it was listed for $29.99 with Ignition Entertainment publishing it and had the preorder cancelled by Amazon later. I still had the original order number from back then and asked Customer Service via email if it was possible to honor that price when the same game is now $49.99. They said they would if I placed the preorder and sent them the new order number. :D

40% off on day-one--THAT'S how a CAG rolls. :cool:

Until they announce any deals to get both versions together for a bundle price, my plan is going to be to preorder the VITA version then buy the PS3 version when it goes on sale.

If there is some kind of buy 2 get 1 free offer I may take advantage of that.

Really wish there was a cross buy for this.

Wondering if there will be separate trophies.

[quote name='thrifty1']

Really wish there was a cross buy for this.

Wondering if there will be separate trophies.[/QUOTE]

There probably will be. Sly 4 and most games on both Vita and PS3 have separate trophy list.

I had already preordered it, but this makes the deal even sweeter. Aside from Remember Me, this is the game I'm looking forward to playing the most this year.

[quote name='muddbunny167']Also, an admin reply to the preorder bonus thread at the Atlus forums here answers a few of the questions that have popped up here:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting the link/quote from Atlus and it did answer my questions. Now I need to decide if the artbook is worth a pre-order. Same day release as Xillia, too. My wallet hurts.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Yeah I understand where you're coming from. But I have had an Amazon account for over 5 years and I have never taken advantage of their overly generous CS before. I've never even returned anything. Some people will say just because you can doesn't mean you should and I completely respect that, but this is a case where I think I (and everyone else who placed an early preorder) have a legitimate claim, and if anything it just makes me want to give Amazon more of my business in the future.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I mean their price guarantee doesn't have any sort of timeline. They absolutely should honor this price to anyone that can prove they ordered it all the way up until release day. I'm just genuinely surprised that they're still adjusting the prices.

Personally, I'm glad to see everyone is having success with this. As you said, it speaks well of Amazon's customer service.

[quote name='Nax5']I just can't shake the feeling that the Vita version will be a PS+ title. I think I will take the chance and wait it out.[/QUOTE]

No guarantee but you'd have to wait at least 6-8 months after it's initial release before it comes to ps+ if at all. Anything beyond that time the online community may not be as active by that time. If those aren't a factor by all means hold out

Man, I was assuming this was going to be a $20 PSN game? Super high quality one, but still. I'm gonna have to see a whole lot more about this game before I decide. Looks great except for that one chick's super weird boobs. I think they actually deserve an award for somehow managing to make large boobs look weird and gross.

[quote name='ProppaT']Man, I was assuming this was going to be a $20 PSN game? Super high quality one, but still. I'm gonna have to see a whole lot more about this game before I decide. Looks great except for that one chick's super weird boobs. I think they actually deserve an award for somehow managing to make large boobs look weird and gross.[/QUOTE]

You are still young there are vast swaths of the internet that will do that as well.

I hope newegg does another $10 off so I can snag the game from there. I forgot to do it when I did all my other preorders :/

[quote name='Minions']I hope newegg does another $10 off so I can snag the game from there. I forgot to do it when I did all my other preorders :/[/QUOTE]

Me too. Got Muramasa Rebirth preordered for $30 for Vita, would preorder both versions of this game if discounts became available.

[quote name='gryphter']I wish the retailers would update their sites about the preorder bonuses. I don't want to commit to one until they do[/QUOTE]

The day Atlas announced the art book pre-order bonus, this game skyrocketed to the top 10 on the Amazon VG Chart, and has remained there or close since. Wait too long and it may be too late. You know Amazon will provide the books while supplies last, so why bother holding out?

[quote name='Kitoro']The day Atlas announced the art book pre-order bonus, this game skyrocketed to the top 10 on the Amazon VG Chart, and has remained there or close since. Wait too long and it may be too late. You know Amazon will provide the books while supplies last, so why bother holding out?[/QUOTE]
you make a good point. I can always cancel if I decide to go with another retailer, just checked out at amazon.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']You are still young there are vast swaths of the internet that will do that as well.[/QUOTE]

Hah, definitely not young. I think I just successfully managed to avoid that portion of the internet at some point in my life. Probably around the time I stopped watching anime. Weirds me out, man.

[quote name='MaximusDM']I remember I did, but now it was as if I never pre-ordered. Its like they removed the listing and relisted or something and voided my pre-order.
Because I KNOW I preordered a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me too... I had that pre-ordered for a loooooong time. Kind of annoying, but I'm not too bummed about it.

For those of you who with previously canceled preorders, who got Amazon to honor the original price, what was your approach? I still have my original email canceling my order, but I never have tried something like that before. I'm not about to throw away $10 if I dont have to.

Thank you.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Me too. Got Muramasa Rebirth preordered for $30 for Vita, would preorder both versions of this game if discounts became available.[/QUOTE]

Why not order the limited edition? It seems truly limited

[quote name='giantqtipz']Why not order the limited edition? It seems truly limited[/QUOTE]

I was very tempted by the LE of Muramasa, especially for the custom Hori Face Cover (not as much for the custom Hori screen protector). My Vita does already have a regular black Hori face cover though (and I love it). But $60 is just too steep for me and I have to draw the line on LEs based on cost. Too many games I want these days and I need to limit spending to accommodate that.

For Dragon's Crown, the preorder artbook WOULD push me over the edge to order, especially since it starts at $40 (Vita) and $50 (PS3); but I'll still try to wait for a Newegg $10 off promo for those, if possible.

[quote name='Kitoro']The day Atlas announced the art book pre-order bonus, this game skyrocketed to the top 10 on the Amazon VG Chart, and has remained there or close since. Wait too long and it may be too late. You know Amazon will provide the books while supplies last, so why bother holding out?[/QUOTE]

Until Amazon updates their description to include the artbook, I'm suspicious that they'll provide one at all. Sooner or later some of these retailers will add the artbook info to their preorders, you would think?

bread's done
Back