GGT 241 The One stop Station where MS/Sony help Nintendo win the future

• Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#121 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

The more I play Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, the more I like it.

I know, right?

GOTY.

#122 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

I was reading around online and found this on the GameFAQs forum, I remember somebody here saying they wanted Crackdown 3, apparantly there was a Crackdown symbol on the dashboard for the Xbox One during the presentation, can be seen here on the bottom left: http://www.abload.de...ckdownsrqmf.jpg

WOOO! Hope that means Crackdown 3! God, I want that so bad.

#123 luxuria

luxuria

#1 Time and Eternity Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Except it's not GOTY.

GA3XcNi.png?2?7311

#124 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

https://pbs.twimg.co...A9HwM.jpg:large

#125 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

WOOO! Hope that means Crackdown 3! God, I want that so bad.

Even if it's a continuation of the downward spiral that was 2?

#126 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Even if it's a continuation of the downward spiral that was 2?

Crackdown 2 may not have been as good as the first, but it was still a lot of fun to co-op. Especially in the Horde DLC.

#127 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Crackdown 2 may not have been as good as the first, but it was still a lot of fun to co-op. Especially in the Horde DLC.

I would like to think that 2 was just a rush job by a side studio that was borne from people who left the original studio. I still liked two, but it didn't bring anything good to the table.

#128 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

I liked CD 2 more than 1. Fucking jet pack boots

#129 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

If Hip Games is looking to get into the next gen business, I think they could do a nice collaboration with Infinity Ward:

Spoiler

538822.png

#130 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

I remember the hype with the release of the demo, then seemingly everyone hated the demo and I don't think it sold well.

Reception

The game has received mixed to positive reviews. GameSpot gave the game a 7 out of 10, praising the game's exploration, orb collecting and four-player co-op, while criticizing its similarities to its predecessor.[18] IGN gave the game a 7.5 out of 10, also faulting it for similarities to its predecessor and its absence of a true story, but also complimenting its orb collecting and cooperative campaign.[19] Giant Bomb gave the game 3 out of 5 stars, stating that while the game was enjoyable, too much was lifted from the first game and little new was added.[20] Destructoid gave the game a negative review, rating it a 4.5/10 and criticizing its similarities to the previous game, while also noting new issues not present in the original. The writer said that the game "has no real reason to exist."[21] GameTrailers praised the game's addictive Orb collecting, but criticized its lack of story or structure. The game currently holds a 70 out of 100 rating on Metacritic based on reviews, indicating mostly positive reviews but with almost a third negative.[22]

#131 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

Gonna start the Dead Space series of games this weekend. I have not played any of them yet, so I am looking forward to experiencing some sci-fi horror. I will start with the PS3's port of the Wii rail shooter which I believe is a prequel, right? I have all the games except DS 3, but I plan to get it by the time I finish DS 2.

#132 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Gonna start the Dead Space series of games this weekend. I have not played any of them yet, so I am looking forward to experiencing some sci-fi horror. I will start with the PS3's port of the Wii rail shooter which I believe is a prequel, right? I have all the games except DS 3, but I plan to get it by the time I finish DS 2.

I might personally start with DS1 and then move to Extraction. I think DS1 does a better job of introducing you to the world and it's devices, but you'll probably be fine either way.

#133 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Totally watch the Dead Space animated feature and motion comic. Then decide if you want to play Dead Space.

#134 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Posted Image

#135 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Totally watch the Dead Space animated feature and motion comic. Then decide if you want to play Dead Space.

nononononoNONONONONONONO.

#136 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

nononononoNONONONONONONO.

Yeah, I didn't like that so much when I watched it on Netflix and I love Dead Space.

--

Posted Image

#137 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

I remeber watching the first part of that Dead Space motion comic....it gave me cancer.

#138 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

I agree.

The second dead space movie is even better than the first!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#139 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

GUYS! FF14 re-released on August 27!

#140 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

I remember signing up for the PS3 beta for that a while ago, did that ever happen?
Posted Image

#141 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

GUYS! FF14 re-released on August 27!

Time to move on from SWTOR?

I am curious to see how it plays on PS3.

#142 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

I remember signing up for the PS3 beta for that a while ago, did that ever happen?

It did happen, so you were not the chosen one.

Time to move on from SWTOR?

I am curious to see how it plays on PS3.

Nope, not gonna give up SWTOR and the PS3 version is more than likely going to be just fine. I am on the MMO kick right now and I've been trying a whole bunch of different ones. I never bothered before because I could never get into the whole "WoW" style fantasy. Weird though, I love the art of FF and can totally get into that kind of fantasy style than the western style.

Still a huge fan of SWTOR and I mainly PvP in that game. FF14 with be primarily be PvE and the PS3 crossplay helps alot when trying to play with friends.

#143 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

It did happen, so you were not the chosen one.

Ah, that sucks. Is there going to be another shot to try it before it launches or will I have to buy the disc and hope I like it?
Posted Image

#144 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Ah, that sucks. Is there going to be another shot to try it before it launches or will I have to buy the disc and hope I like it?

There might be another phase, but they are only short weekend stress tests and not actual betas.

Just know that if you plan to play FF14 solo, you most likely will not enjoy the game. It is purely a party game and it is expected of players to get parties of 8 to go questing with.

#145 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

I remember the hype with the release of the demo, then seemingly everyone hated the demo and I don't think it sold well.

While I can understand their issues with the game, I don't think copying the first game is necessarily a bad thing. My most favorite part was probably the colored armors. They were so fucking awesome that I preordered just to get the special colors. Really, really hoping for a new one for Xbone. It would probably be the biggest temptation for me since I think I've had enough Halo for a while and I don't think Rare's going to drop a new Conker on the system.

#146 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#147 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

I've seen that gif a million times before and still love it.

It'd be great if he got hit with a Xbone.

#148 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Boooooooooooooo that gif sucks!

There might be another phase, but they are only short weekend stress tests and not actual betas.

Just know that if you plan to play FF14 solo, you most likely will not enjoy the game. It is purely a party game and it is expected of players to get parties of 8 to go questing with.

8 people? Wow, I was just planning on trying it out with a small group of friends, that might not happen if that's the case....
Posted Image

#149 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Boooooooooooooo that gif sucks!

no u

#150 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

8 people? Wow, I was just planning on trying it out with a small group of friends, that might not happen if that's the case....

There is plenty of content where you don't need a full party to play, but the whole point of an MMO is to roll around with a party. FF MMOs usually has very nice people that are willing to help out others.