Photo
* * * * - 11 votes

Best Buy Back to School Deals: 7/28/13-8/3/13 (God of War Ascension $20, Ni No Kuni $20, NFS: Most Wanted $15, NFL 13 $15)

ni no kuni god of war ascension most wanted best buy

• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#541 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

I wonder if there will be another week of "Back to School" deals

It's over. For now...

#542 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Kinda SHOCK! Picked up Need for Speed Most Wanted LE & God of War: A  with FREE TAXES.  Bestbuy instore computer mess up~

Sure it wasn't just the tax free weekend? :P

Posted Image

#543 bxkid

bxkid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Got Project X Zone in the mail, but it wasn't the limited edition. Since I saved $10, I've decided I'm not going to make a federal case out of it.

i was dissapointed i got my project x zone in the mail and it was the standard edition. they really shouldnt put the picture of it saying limited edition on their bestbuy website if its going to be the standard. i was really looking forward to the poster :(

#544 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

i was dissapointed i got my project x zone in the mail and it was the standard edition. they really shouldnt put the picture of it saying limited edition on their bestbuy website if its going to be the standard. i was really looking forward to the poster :(

I agree. I think that there is supposed to be a CD in the limited edition too, if I'm not mistaken. There was a time when I might have bothered trying to return it, but I've got so many of these limited edition sets now that it's not worth the hassle of paying $10 extra for those things. I've got a huge backlog too, so I'm not even sure when I'll get around to playing the game. But, yes, they should have mentioned that it is the standard edition.

#545 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

Got Project X Zone in the mail, but it wasn't the limited edition. Since I saved $10, I've decided I'm not going to make a federal case out of it.

If you have the chance, you should run to Best Buy and see if you can exchange it for the LE. I wasn't even aware that a standard version of Project X Zone was out yet, as every store that has the game has a large stock of the limited edition.  It is worth a shot.

#546 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

If you have the chance, you should run to Best Buy and see if you can exchange it for the LE. I wasn't even aware that a standard version of Project X Zone was out yet, as every store that has the game has a large stock of the limited edition.  It is worth a shot.

That's a good idea, but there isn't a Best Buy that's extremely close to me that's showing it in stock. I know the Target near me still has the LE, but it's still $39.99. Therefore, the Best Buy deal might not have been a sale. It might have been the new regular price for the standard edition. I'm kind of surprised that the game sold well enough to be printed again in a standard edition since it's more or less a hardcore gamer's type of game and not one that the mainstream gamers would be pick up.

#547 bxkid

bxkid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Great idea i definately should try that. i was looking forward to the extra goodies. im a sucker for those extra stuff lol thanks again guys for all the suggesions. love this community :)

#548 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

That's a good idea, but there isn't a Best Buy that's extremely close to me that's showing it in stock. I know the Target near me still has the LE, but it's still $39.99. Therefore, the Best Buy deal might not have been a sale. It might have been the new regular price for the standard edition. I'm kind of surprised that the game sold well enough to be printed again in a standard edition since it's more or less a hardcore gamer's type of game and not one that the mainstream gamers would be pick up.

Probably had a small first printing, demand was higher then supply, so non se edition was printed.

TheFurryPanda.png

#549 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Need for Speed help. :)

I must say this is the first NFS game I'm stuck on. How do you guys win the medium and hard races? The AI is so fast, it's not even funny. Pretty much, 1 minor mistake from the player = race lost. Am I supposed to do something to upgrade my cars? Can't even win the 1st Most Wanted car. lol

#550 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Need for Speed help. :)

I must say this is the first NFS game I'm stuck on. How do you guys win the medium and hard races? The AI is so fast, it's not even funny. Pretty much, 1 minor mistake from the player = race lost. Am I supposed to do something to upgrade my cars? Can't even win the 1st Most Wanted car. lol

First off find other cars and find one you feel comfortable with. Once you do that do the easy races first to unlock off-road tires & nitrous. Each race tells you what you get for coming in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. After winning the race it will ask if you would like to apply the upgrades or you can do it anytime by pressing right on the d-pad and going to customize car.

Whichever car you unlock the upgrades for is the only one you can use it on. If you want to use upgrades on a different car you need to go win that race again.

I beat the game [beating all 10 cars] with minimal upgrades. It's really not that hard once you get the controls down and find a car you can control well.

But yes, you're right. Sometimes one mistake and you can lose the race but if it's still early on in the race you can easily catch back up [assuming it's not one of those ridiculously short races] and occasionally your opponent or opponents will crash as well.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)

#551 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

First off find other cars and find one you feel comfortable with. Once you do that do the easy races first to unlock off-road tires & nitrous. Each race tells you what you get for coming in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. After winning the race it will ask if you would like to apply the upgrades or you can do it anytime by pressing right on the d-pad and going to customize car.

Whichever car you unlock the upgrades for is the only one you can use it on. If you want to use upgrades on a different car you need to go win that race again.

I beat the game [beating all 10 cars] with minimal upgrades. It's really not that hard once you get the controls down and find a car you can control well.

But yes, you're right. Sometimes one mistake and you can lose the race but if it's still early on in the race you can easily catch back up [assuming it's not one of those ridiculously short races] and occasionally your opponent or opponents will crash as well.

Thanks for the tip; will try it out. Btw, which view you race in? There are only 2 and none of them is over the hood or in-car view which are my preferred views.  

#552 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Anyone think it's worth it to email best buy to complain about not receiving the Project X Zone Limited Edition? I really wanted it :(

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#553 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

Anyone think it's worth it to email best buy to complain about not receiving the Project X Zone Limited Edition? I really wanted it :(

if you really want the limited edition, it is best to try to exchange it in store if you can find it.

#554 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

Received both Ni No Kuni and NFS: Most Wanted.  Most Wanted isn't the LE version...that's OK.  Great price for a game I've been wanting to play, so I can't complain.

What I find really awesome is that even though both games arrived separately...each came in its own box with that big bubble bag stuffing.  That's what I love about buying online at Best Buy....they know how to package an item!  Not once have I ever received a game from them in the mail with any kind of damage or even the disc dislodged from the holder within the case. 

The extra care they take in packaging saves them furthers costs of a return, processing, etc.  And saves me the time and headache.

#555 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

if you really want the limited edition, it is best to try to exchange it in store if you can find it.

Tried :/ No luck

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#556 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Thanks for the tip; will try it out. Btw, which view you race in? There are only 2 and none of them is over the hood or in-car view which are my preferred views.  

I raced in whatever the default camera view was. I never messed with them.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)