The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

• Please log in to reply
1002 replies to this topic

#871 PaulDE01

PaulDE01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Anyone know you can use the same external hard drive from another Wii U to another Wii U. If so, I might get the Zelda bundle.

#872 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Anyone know you can use the same external hard drive from another Wii U to another Wii U. If so, I might get the Zelda bundle.

You can't, but you can just use the same Wii U. The only thing different is the design on the Gamepad, so just swap Gamepads.

#873 PaulDE01

PaulDE01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the quick reply

#874 dk drumin

dk drumin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

why is it still in stock? wtf how many consoles did they make?

card.pngsmiley25698.png?1384284591913

#875 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

For those still looking to buy one for under retail, you can get it from Newegg for $280 using coupon code SAVE10SEP25Z

Link

Thanks! This deal + free shoprunner 2 day shipping + no tax = returning one I already got to Gamestop.

#876 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Probably because:

a) Nintendo needs something to gain momentum for the Wii U.  

b) They want people's money, before said people spend their disposable income on the upcoming PS4/X1 

c) Third parties won't fully support the Wii U unless it has decent established user base. 

d) They know this will sell. 

I don't really see why they wouldn't keep making these. They're probably not losing a huge amount of money on this compared to the standard deluxe model. They released tons of special bundles with the GameCube and very few of those were rare... 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#877 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

I don't think they will keep making these,sort of like a one print run, however I think they made a lot of them and I don't think the demand is there, even if it is zelda.

#878 macgoeszoom

macgoeszoom

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

I went to the Gamestop in Utah and got both this and nintendoland for $307. Pretty exited about it.

#879 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Does it really matter?

#880 davidflecha17

davidflecha17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Got mine today. YES!!!!!!

#881 kipz

kipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'm really disappointed with Newegg over this. I didn't even get a shipping notification until Saturday, I wasn't able to use a valid coupon for $20 nor could I use Shoprunner but now not only is it Shoprruner eligible there's also a coupon for $20 off, so pre-ordering essentially cost me $27. I still don't even have it, UPS says I'm getting it Friday.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#882 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

I'm really disappointed with Newegg over this. I didn't even get a shipping notification until Saturday, I wasn't able to use a valid coupon for $20 nor could I use Shoprunner but now not only is it Shoprruner eligible there's also a coupon for $20 off, so pre-ordering essentially cost me $27. I still don't even have it, UPS says I'm getting it Friday.

Being patient is important sometimes.

#883 parkerlewis

parkerlewis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

I was trying to make a list of Wii U-exclusive games I'd want on my wish list and got as far as Zelda, New Super Mario Bros. U and possibly Pikmin 3. I wouldn't be buying any cross-platform stuff for the Wii U because I have a PC, PS3 and eventually a PS4.

I've been a fan of Zelda since the gold cartridge NES days but I'd still feel like I was buying this based on speculation that it's going to get good games someday in the future, not for the games it has right now, and even at $280 shipped that's hard to do.

#884 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

I was trying to make a list of Wii U-exclusive games I'd want on my wish list and got as far as Zelda, New Super Mario Bros. U and possibly Pikmin 3. I wouldn't be buying any cross-platform stuff for the Wii U because I have a PC, PS3 and eventually a PS4.

I've been a fan of Zelda since the gold cartridge NES days but I'd still feel like I was buying this based on speculation that it's going to get good games someday in the future, not for the games it has right now, and even at $280 shipped that's hard to do.

Ok

#885 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

Ok

Insightful stuff, here.

#886 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

This.  Really what I want are Zelda and Pikmin and then in some distant point in the future SSB and Bayonetta 2 (assuming it doesn't go multi-platform by then).  There's other stuff like Wonderful 101, ZombiU and SMBU that I would be interested in as well if I already had the system but that's still not a lot to buy a system off of.  The Wii became a respectable hardcore system by the end because there was quality titles but you had the benefit of everyone having to develop for it because the install base was so huge and it had the public mind share.  I honestly think it's going to be more of a GameCube where the system winds up being a classic because the quality of the exclusives was that outstanding despite a lack of quantity.  How long that's going to take is another question since 3rd parties have lost interest and we're still waiting for Nintendo to get the first party games really rolling.

I'm just sad that I missed the SNES classics like Super Metroid and Earthbound when they were a quarter or whatever ridiculous amount it was.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#887 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

I went to the Gamestop in Utah and got both this and nintendoland for $307. Pretty exited about it.

You make it sound like there's only one GameStop here. lol

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#888 Nine Lives

Nine Lives

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

Hopefully they do a bundle like this when the new Zelda comes out.

#889 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

This.  Really what I want are Zelda and Pikmin and then in some distant point in the future SSB and Bayonetta 2 (assuming it doesn't go multi-platform by then).  There's other stuff like Wonderful 101, ZombiU and SMBU that I would be interested in as well if I already had the system but that's still not a lot to buy a system off of.  The Wii became a respectable hardcore system by the end because there was quality titles but you had the benefit of everyone having to develop for it because the install base was so huge and it had the public mind share.  I honestly think it's going to be more of a GameCube where the system winds up being a classic because the quality of the exclusives was that outstanding despite a lack of quantity.  How long that's going to take is another question since 3rd parties have lost interest and we're still waiting for Nintendo to get the first party games really rolling.

I'm just sad that I missed the SNES classics like Super Metroid and Earthbound when they were a quarter or whatever ridiculous amount it was.

The Wii 1 never had a strong third party support either because software numbers were pretty bad as most people got it for Wii Sports and a few first party games.  Sure you got a few gem like tatsunoko vs capcom and no more heroes but it was nothing compare to PS360 support.  There wasn't that much of a difference between the support Gamecube was getting.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#890 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

The Wii 1 never had a strong third party support either because software numbers were pretty bad as most people got it for Wii Sports and a few first party games.  Sure you got a few gem like tatsunoko vs capcom and no more heroes but it was nothing compare to PS360 support.  There wasn't that much of a difference between the support Gamecube was getting.

I never said the Wii got a lot of good third party games but it got a lot of third party games with some nice exclusives and gems especially of the quirky Japanese type.  At least if everyone in the world world is pouring games onto the system you'll be getting at least some worthwhile games.  Better than almost no one developing for it and there being nothing available.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#891 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

They got these at Fred Meyer too. Seems pretty common compared to the 3DS zelda edition.

#892 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Thats funny, I just unboxed this system last night and the first thing I did was buy Super Metroid and Earthbound, Yes it cost me $17.98 but is well worth it.

#893 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

Thats funny, I just unboxed this system last night and the first thing I did was buy Super Metroid and Earthbound, Yes it cost me $17.98 but is well worth it.

I just don't know that I'll ever be able to now knowing what I missed them for.

Trade List

#894 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Earthbound was never 30 cents. Lol

#895 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

I have a kid that's a Lego maniac so buying City Undercover was an easy decision. It also helps that the game is like Pixar making a GTA game. The writing is absolutely brilliant and the game is gorgeous. I think the Wii U pad is mostly novelty but using it in the ARG method to find stuff totally reinvigorated the collectathon game model which I generally hate.

My purchase list had hit a reasonable point with Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Super Mario 3D and likely Scribblenauts. I agree that for many people the Nintendo exclusives may just not be enough for older folks like us who have played a lot of these games for years but with kids I see the appeal of this system more and more.

As far as availability it will likely go the Xbox 360 Star Wars route, it took a year and a clearance but that system holds value pretty well despite being widely available for a long time.

#896 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Earthbound was never 30 cents. Lol

Well good, that means I can buy it someday. :whee:

My purchase list had hit a reasonable point with Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Super Mario 3D and likely Scribblenauts. I agree that for many people the Nintendo exclusives may just not be enough for older folks like us who have played a lot of these games for years but with kids I see the appeal of this system more and more.

Oh I'm buying it almost entirely for first party titles because I know that those alone will justify the system since it's going to be a second or third system that I won't feel the need to regularly play outside of that stuff.

Trade List

#897 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Oh I'm buying it almost entirely for first party titles because I know that those alone will justify the system since it's going to be a second or third system that I won't feel the need to regularly play outside of that stuff.

That's what the Wii was to me and here I am playing Skyward Sword on the next Nintendo console. At least its backwards compatible!

#898 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

you are going to end up regretting it, and be disappointed by ordering from newegg of all places.

Why would you say something like that? Just because YOU don't want a Wii U doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to convince others to not want one! That's some fanboy shit right there, for real. Almost every single person, including myself and 3 personal friends I have, who bought a Wii U, think it's not just Nintendo's best console ever made, but downright THE best console ever made. The games are some of the funnest I've ever played in my life.

#899 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

That's what the Wii was to me and here I am playing Skyward Sword on the next Nintendo console. At least its backwards compatible!

Yeah, too bad it's not backwards backwards compatible.

Trade List

#900 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

No speculation involved. Wii U is a must-own system, and is accumulating must-have games at a dizzying rate. I own a Wii U and let me tell you, I own TWENTY ONE physical games for it, with another TWENTY pre ordered. And it's been out less than a year.

NSMBU and its counterpart, NSLU, are a must have right off the bat. It's Mario in HD, and yes, it's fantastic. Pikmin 3 is quite possibly THE funnest game I've played in years, with the exception of Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS. And The Wonderful 101 is as good Pikmin 3, dare I say even better. Zelda: Windwaker HD. Do I need to tell you how great this game is? And in one month we'll have Sonic Lost World, which is shaping up to be the best Sonic game since the S&K on the Genesis. In two months we'll have DKC Tropical Freeze, my single-most desired game of the year, and Mario 3D World (what can I say, it's a 3D Mario game, and I've never EVER played a bad 3D Mario game).

I know you said the multiplats wouldn't interest you, but trust me when I say you want Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell Blacklist on Wii U. The exclusive gamepad integration is worth its weight in gold for these two games. Keep in mind if you're a local multiplayer kind of guy, that Splinter Cell doesn't have local co-op, though it does have full online features and DLC. Not an issue for me though.

A few other great exclusives, maybe not MUST-haves, but highly desirable nonetheless, include Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, ZombiU, Lego City Undercover and Nintendoland. All four are excellent games, I just wouldn't go so far as to say they're must-own titles.

Miiverse is absolutely amazing- it's hard to understand how great it is until you're a part of the community. Having 3 controller options for many games is also an awesome feature- gamepad, Wiimote/Nunchuk, or Pro Controller, all 3 of which are top-of-the line. The Pro Controller rivals the 360 controller. I think it's better personally. In any case, there's no denying it's a damn good controller.