The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

crystalklear64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Guild Wars/2 Topic!

The Game is Out
Oh boy!

Our discussion question for the day/week/whatever is:
Now that you've had a little time to play the official release, what are some immediate improvements you think need to/could be made to the game?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
News-
August 24, 2012
We Have Liftoff
Headstart is happening now. Hope you got your character names!

July 20, 2012
Third and Final BWE
Asura and Sylvari were playable along with their starter areas.

June 27, 2012
Stress Test 2
Stress Test was held and no one was able to play because of stupid time/day.

June 8, 2012
Second BWE
It was fun.

May 31, 2012
Second BWE on June 8th.
Return to Tyria with your beta characters intact.

May 10, 2012
Stress test May 14th.
Play from 11:00am to 6:00pm PST. Only open to those who preordered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deals-
idk

CAG Guild Wars 2 Players-
CAG Name/Guild Wars 2 Name/Server
crystalklear64/Pastiche/Darkhaven
Genocidal/Genocidal/Anvil Rock
WhoolzYourdaddy/Spaz The Engineer/Blackgate
woodcan/Fleshribbon/Jade Quarry

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I'll start playing again when an expansion comes out. I just can't justify beating this game over and over when I already beat it twice in the beta and I've got a tower of games to play yet...

Haven't played in some time now. Just logged on and accepted your guild invite. I'll have to start playing again.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']hey crystal, yeahright, vhimv, and I left the guild.[/QUOTE]

its cause we want to be in a guild hall and all that good stuff

[quote name='YeahRight13']yeah so i was wonderin wut was the best classes for this cause i want to try out some new guys besides W/Mo[/QUOTE]

you could try using a E/Mo, and be a protective monk and use earth magic. or that's what I'm gonna try next :D

Just an update:

"King Commando" has left the guild.

I'm a W/Mo20 so feel free to message me if anyone needs any help.

[quote name='kingtz']Just an update:

"King Commando" has left the guild.

I'm a W/Mo20 so feel free to message me if anyone needs any help.[/QUOTE]

king would you care to join the guild vhimv, yeahright, and I are in? we participate in lots of gvg.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']king would you care to join the guild vhimv, yeahright, and I are in? we participate in lots of gvg.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the invitation but I've recently joined a guild that I'm very happy with. However, if you guys ever need an extra guy in UW, FoW, Team Arenas, or Tombs, feel free to message me anytime! (that offer stands for anyone in CAG as well).

Computer might be overheating. Also, if you're using a laptop or a non-ventilated system, the video card gpu could be overheating as well. Download a temperature moniter and see what your temps. are getting up to on your cpu and mb.

[quote name='Logg']You know I really liked this game until I played World Of Warcraft

fuck this game[/QUOTE]

I switched over to WOW as well, but that does not make Guild Wars and less of a good game. I spent over 100 enjoyable hours with the game.

Though I'm itching to finish the last 4 mission in GW, WOW owns my soul right now :bomb: .

A friend got this game yesterday and called me over to check it out. I got to ask wow it looks great but as a former MMO player of many diffrent types.

How fun is it? Is there any real story? Any CGI films hashing things out?
He has not got one party yet so I wonder is parting necessary or hard to get like in FFXI?

He wants me to get it and play with him on it, but I dont know about this game or if I want to start up another MMO atm.

Guild Wars is indeed fun! However, if you've played Diablo II it may seem a little slower paced. I'm currently on a D2 binge, but GW has recently released the Furnace of Sorrow free update, so I'm thinking of heading back to GW for a week or 2 to do the new missions and stuff.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Guild Wars is indeed fun! However, if you've played Diablo II it may seem a little slower paced. I'm currently on a D2 binge, but GW has recently released the Furnace of Sorrow free update, so I'm thinking of heading back to GW for a week or 2 to do the new missions and stuff.[/QUOTE]
please do crystal me and yeahright need you for my clan's gvg matches we've been doing em every night but we have to use a couple henchies cuz not enough of us our active. and If anyone else would like to join our guild then you can contact me through a pm because the CAG guild is kinda slow. My guild is spoondaggers and we gvg evry day. and My in game name is Chuck the Great.

I'm going to pick up Guild Wars later this week. Anybody have any recommendations on classes and such?

I want to start with something simple like a tank warrior. But I then want to do something interesting as my secondary class. I was thinking Mesmer, since that's a tricky class to play it seems. That'll give me a chance to practice it.

And for some spells you need to get in close. That way I can not just walk into the fray but unleash one or two DoT spells or hexes. I hear energy is low with warriors but Mesmers have some spells that give them more energy points from what I've read.

They say moonk is one way to go but I think that would be common. Not to mention, I would assume that in PvP pure monks would be healing. Thought a Wrrior Necro sounds interesting because I could increase my attack damage with necro spells and also drain enemies for healing too.

I can't wait to play. I've heard there are afew balance issues so I want to know what's a good class combination.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I'm going to pick up Guild Wars later this week. Anybody have any recommendations on classes and such?

I want to start with something simple like a tank warrior. But I then want to do something interesting as my secondary class. I was thinking Mesmer, since that's a tricky class to play it seems. That'll give me a chance to practice it.

And for some spells you need to get in close. That way I can not just walk into the fray but unleash one or two DoT spells or hexes. I hear energy is low with warriors but Mesmers have some spells that give them more energy points from what I've read.

They say moonk is one way to go but I think that would be common. Not to mention, I would assume that in PvP pure monks would be healing. Thought a Wrrior Necro sounds interesting because I could increase my attack damage with necro spells and also drain enemies for healing too.

I can't wait to play. I've heard there are afew balance issues so I want to know what's a good class combination.[/QUOTE]

cool - I just picked it up off of a CAG - great game so far = I'm about an hour in - I haven't had the time to figure out how to party up though :whistle2:s

[quote name='joevan']cool - I just picked it up off of a CAG - great game so far = I'm about an hour in - I haven't had the time to figure out how to party up though :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Click the person you want to party with and then click the + next to their name.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I'm going to pick up Guild Wars later this week. Anybody have any recommendations on classes and such?

I can't wait to play. I've heard there are afew balance issues so I want to know what's a good class combination.[/QUOTE]

Subbing any class as a warrior will really hose your mana supply. The most popular build is w/mo. You cant heal for shit, but they have some spells that really save your ass. There are also 2 enchantments you can pop on yourself that are just great. One raises your damage and the other heals you every time you attack. Then there are skills that heal you every time you get attacked. The only bad part is enchants take one |> of mana (regen unit). So since warriors only have 2 |> You cant regen mana.

I had some success with a Mo/war tank. I didn't do the most damage, but I could hold 3-5 guys with no real troubles. Healling everytime I attacked and then, when my life got low, cast the spell that heals me for 17 when I get hit. since most things only hit me for about 6-10, Id get fully healed by 4 guys trying to rape me. The one glarring fault with this build is the fact that mesmers rape you with shatter enchant.

My main was a R/mo. At first I played with beast mastery, but I found the pets really lacking and not worth the two skills they took up. I eventually started playing with marksmanship and traps. Traps are awesome. AOE crippling, blinding, fire damange, bleeding... such greatness in PVP. Drop a spike trap by the monks. When the warriors rush them they wind up crippled. ^_^ Wander into a melee and drop a dust trap. Their warriors = blind = pwnt! That damn mage kiting your warriors away? Cripple FTW! Casters in a group? Spam barrage! With a 1 second cool down and 5 mana cost, its the best way to hit 5 people for 50 damage repeated. :twisted: Casters being annoying? Drop a choking gas arrow and they cant cast shit (aoe too). Theres another arrow enchant that causes bleeding and does +30 damage to enchanted targets. Combined with doubleshot, you can do 200 damage in one attack.

And amazing as I make the Ranger sound, they're one of the least desired classes. :sad: I also had rez on hand just for the hell of it.

Elementalist are pretty easy to solo with. They have a buff that heals them for 250% of the mana cost of their spells. So drop a lava font and then spam fireball and youll keep healed and aoe them. Subbing monk will also give you a massive mana pool to heal with.

Wasn't much of a fan of Mesmers, but they had some decent skills that would support a warrior. You can steal mana and life, damage monks that keep healing... bunch of fun stuff.

Necros are to be feared. I've PVPd against necros that could raise 20 minions. O_O. The way the game is setup, you generally cant summon a 4th before the first one deteriorates. However, if you have a good monk, he can just keep casting blood of the master to heal all the minions and then theres the monk's AOE heal and its just scary. Necros also get mana for EVERY death near them. Nothing dominates PVP like a properly spec'd zookeeper.

Its really a pretty great game, I just go sick of dealling with all the stupid fucks.

Hmm.. maybe I should reverse tyhings then and go with a primary of either a monk or mesmer and a secondary of a werrior.

I don't get somethinmg. Maybe you cna explain it Kayden. How does the second class efefct stats? Does it only effect skills?

In other words, I guess HP and Mana are the same for all warriors, no matter what secondary class you get. That the only think you get from a second class is skills.

Anmd if so, what's the stat breakdown. i've read several FAQ's at gamespot but they don't really explain the hp, mp stats of each class and how they advance.

This game got really boring after awhile. If any of you ever heard of the guild Final Dynasty [FnlD], we got rank #3 or #4 at our highest once we realized that all you need to do to win ANY PvP game is to run in and cast Maelstrom on the guild lord while spamming Rend Enchantments, Strip Enchantments, and have two protection monks alternating Aegis and Healing Hands on the people targetting us. The rest are air elementalists nuking the Guild Lord. He falls, we win, gg.

"I don't get somethinmg. Maybe you cna explain it Kayden. How does the second class efefct stats? Does it only effect skills? "

Yes. Hence, a W/E will be able to cast maybe one low mana spell, and won't even be able to cast high-energy air spells, yet a E/W can basically spam them. You can't use a secondary classes primary attribute (E's is Energy Storage) if its a secondary class.

90% of your character is determined by your main class. Armor, HP, mana, mana regen and class skill. Each class has 5 skills. You can only get 4 of them when its your sub. Monks special is Divine favor, rangers get Expertise, etc. Any ability that requires that skill can only be level 0 if that profession is you sub.

picked it up 2 weeks ago and about 20 hours in
currently lvl 11 w/me not using too much mesmer spells due to lack of mana but i can tank
if you wanna do a quest together you can message me (Oriental Dragon)

Well, I bought it today. So maybe I'll pop on tonight. I won't be back from the gym until at least eight though. SO maybe I won't get on until nine. and then only be on long tenough to make a character and see what's what.

I created a wrrior and reached level 2. Haven't subbed any other class yet. Gained my first couple of skills to.

Eventuually it looks like I'll want to do an Elementalist/Necro. That looks like a good skill combo. As an Elementalist I''ll get bonus mana and have their spells. As a Necro I'll be able to drain health if I get low and raise dead as allies to help protect me.

It's nice you get four classs. But I admit rangers look kinda blah. Traps look cool.

I need to figure out the stat breakdown of classes.

Looks like this thread is dead. :p

Anyway, i'd like to team up with some CAG's this weekend. I'm now a Level 5 W/Mo. Been doing some quests to gain XP. SO fare everyone I've teamed with has also been a W/Mo. So it would be nice if I could join up with someone other class.

PM me if you're intereested or just post here.

Also, is there a CAG Clan?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Looks like this thread is dead. :p

Anyway, i'd like to team up with some CAG's this weekend. I'm now a Level 5 W/Mo. Been doing some quests to gain XP. SO fare everyone I've teamed with has also been a W/Mo. So it would be nice if I could join up with someone other class.

PM me if you're intereested or just post here.

Also, is there a CAG Clan?[/QUOTE]

THere is a Cag Guild. Look for more info in the first post of the thread. I haven't played this in a while, so I can't remember who you need to get the invite from.

i'll be playing this weekend. i'm in a rare class - W/Me so if you'd like to team up look for Oriental Dragon in post searing. i'm still a noob though. still trying to figure things out.

Ackbar if you need any help msg me in game- chuck the great. I'll help you with whatever put me on your friend's list yeah? you as well dude and whoever else needs help. I've gotten kind of bored with this game so I might as well help since i'm still playing every day.

To add a friend you just type in their name at the top of the friends list, and then it will show you when any of the characters on their account are on. Feel free to add me, my name in game is Lord Melvin too, and if im ever on I can help you out.

And yes, there is a CAG guild, its just not really active right now. But if youd like to be in the guild, just let me know and I can send you an invite.

[quote name='Lord Melvin']To add a friend you just type in their name at the top of the friends list, and then it will show you when any of the characters on their account are on. Feel free to add me, my name in game is Lord Melvin too, and if im ever on I can help you out.

And yes, there is a CAG guild, its just not really active right now. But if youd like to be in the guild, just let me know and I can send you an invite.[/QUOTE]

o_O! You live!

bread's done
Back