The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

[quote name='crystalklear64']Good to have both of you playing.

For anyone that cares, Melvin and I (seem to be the two who play the most) are in a new Guild. If you're interesting in joining either message us ingame (Lord Melvin/Tim the Mage, Crystal Hunnigan) or check the website.

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Naurath_Eglerio/index.php?[/QUOTE]

I actually have been playing again recenty, and noticed that there is really noone left playing in the CAG guild. At least that was my impression. I ended up joining the uild that you were in after the CAG guild. You left and my brother was the only one left in the guild. Lol, now there are three members but we have our own guild hall still left over from you guys!

as soon as i get the parts to my new computer im definetly buying this from my friend :) only because its a free mmo and xbl restrics me from getting WOW or FFXI :p

what is the name of the guild. I play guild wars all the time and can never find a decent guild. I would love to be a part of the CAG guild.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Casey, I saw on the Ott that you started playing.

What's the name of your character? I'll try to get on this evening after the news at 7.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I will be on until late tonight. Its my mom's birthday and I don't know what we are going to be doing. I will try and be on though.

my name is Casey Ryback Cag (figured it would be easy to identify me if anyone saw me, plus some assclown already took both Casey Ryback and Mason Storm). Right now I am a level 5 elementalist with monk as my second profession. I usually pick a warrior, but when I did that in WoW I got killed a lot so I chose something magic related.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't know if I will be on until late tonight. Its my mom's birthday and I don't know what we are going to be doing. I will try and be on though.

my name is Casey Ryback Cag (figured it would be easy to identify me if anyone saw me, plus some assclown already took both Casey Ryback and Mason Storm). Right now I am a level 5 elementalist with monk as my second profession. I usually pick a warrior, but when I did that in WoW I got killed a lot so I chose something magic related.[/QUOTE]

Heh, in PVP you''re gonna be target numero uno.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Heh, in PVP you''re gonna be target numero uno.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Well, except for Mo/Ele, but you're target two. :rofl:

However, the advantage is you get top picks in teams (people always want a monk).

Another good thing about choosing ele as your primary is that you can multi class with ease due to a large amount of energy. For example, later in the game you get to change your secondary profession. If you wanted to, you could be a necromancer and do decently as one since soul reaping is only useful for minion masters.

[quote name='crystalklear64']you could be a necromancer and do decently as one since soul reaping is only useful for minion masters.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I find reaping pretty useful even when I'm not raising minions. It's especially nice when the group gets swarmed

[quote name='WildWop']I don't know, I find reaping pretty useful even when I'm not raising minions. It's especially nice when the group gets swarmed[/QUOTE]
But with 80-90 energy and only 16 targets max (if they all have pets), not including minion masters, I'd rather have the massive pool of energy.

[quote name='crystalklear64']But with 80-90 energy and only 16 targets max (if they all have pets), not including minion masters, I'd rather have the massive pool of energy.[/QUOTE]

I was talking more from the PvE standpoint than the PvP, considering I haven't delved much into the PvP yet. Good point though.

So have you guys heard about the factions preview weekend next weekend? I'm too lazy to post a link, but if you go to guildwarsguru.com its one of the top links on the front page. pretty sweet.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']So have you guys heard about the factions preview weekend next weekend? I'm too lazy to post a link, but if you go to guildwarsguru.com its one of the top links on the front page. pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I might have to start playing again now.

[quote name='Kayden']Yea... new character is an assassin.[/QUOTE]

I definitely want to try that one out. The other one doesn't interest me quite as much, but assassins are just plain cool! ;)

Well, its not really just an expansion. To me, it sounds like it has as much content as the original, and people can buy just GW: Factions and play it without buying the original at all.

[quote name='Lord Melvin']Well, its not really just an expansion. To me, it sounds like it has as much content as the original, and people can buy just GW: Factions and play it without buying the original at all.[/QUOTE]

It seems like it will be similar to City of Villians in that it is BOTH and expansion to the original and a new entry point.

I started playing this game like crazy again a few weeks back, after a 6 month hiatus. Already got my new Ele character to level 20. Looking forward to playing Factions, too.

[quote name='Pylis']I started playing this game like crazy again a few weeks back, after a 6 month hiatus. Already got my new Ele character to level 20. Looking forward to playing Factions, too.[/QUOTE]

What is your name in-game?

Ok, I've been playing as the Ritualist and I've got to say, theres no way they won't get nerfed. As it stands now, they are far too strong as healers. Add in your lazy man's spirits and you've got a healing tank the likes of which have never been seen! Haven't tried the assassin yet, but most of my friends say that they are relativaly balanced.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']What is your name in-game?[/QUOTE]

My ele's name is Crystal Anderson.

wow, I played for 15 minutes and I think I quit guild wars forever. damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved this game dearly, but they killed it with the "expansion"

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']wow, I played for 15 minutes and I think I quit guild wars forever. damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved this game dearly, but they killed it with the "expansion"[/QUOTE]

Why? What's the problem with the update?

[quote name='greendj27']Why? What's the problem with the update?[/QUOTE]

not nessecarily a problem, but they made it so much different than guild wars used to be. i mean, with the assassin on one of the A/W pvp chars, he had 4 attacks that have to be used in succession of each other, imo that can't work too well against a good team, I mean one blackout, especially if it's on the lead attack, then you're pretty much screwed for 30 seconds, if you're not dead before then. and they really overpowered the ritualist.

The expansion seems promising. I'll admit, the little preview got me excited. I quit playing after my guild split, but i'm looking to play more again. Being guildless takes away from a lot of the fun though.

Hey I've been playing Guild Wars for a while now - mostly PvE - and I haven't joined a guild. Does CAG have a guild? I have a Mo/E 20, R/W 15 and N/? 17. I would love yo quest with you guys since it's always a pain to get a group together and then people leave in the middle of the quest. My Monk is Bart Lifegiver and my Ranger is Bart Darkshadow.

Wow, I thought I was a higher level than what I am. I haven't played in about 6 months and I just got done playing for about 2 hours. Apparently my guild doesn't go on very often either. Most hadn't been on in 1-3 months. They did buy capes though so now my character has a cape, not that I contributed to that at all but it was kind of cool to see my character wearing a cape all of a sudden.

Maybe if I started a guild that would make me more interested in playing. Anyone interested in starting another CAG centric Guild. Not necessarily a CAG Guild officially but a Guild that includes a lot of CAG's.

I've never made or joined a guild before though so this would be new territory for me. It seems easy though.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Maybe if I started a guild that would make me more interested in playing. Anyone interested in starting another CAG centric Guild. Not necessarily a CAG Guild officially but a Guild that includes a lot of CAG's.

I've never made or joined a guild before though so this would be new territory for me. It seems easy though.[/QUOTE]

playing in a guild would be great. It would make me want to play much more often. I think I am going to try and play some more just to mess around with the other classes to see what works for me ( I like my character, but I get swarmed and killed too often)

[quote name='Moxio']CAG already has a Guild, you know. Tell me what time to be online and I'd be happy to invite you.[/QUOTE]

I know but every time someone mentiones it they tell me it's dead.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I know but every time someone mentiones it they tell me it's dead.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. After coming back to GW I found that nobody ever plays anymore, so I left the guild.

The thing is, however, we already have capes.

This is my suggestion: let's revitalize the guild.

We'll remove everyone who hasn't signed on in the past month. If they want to be back in the guild, we can let them back in.

We can make the more active members Officers so they can invite people into the guild. Of course there's some requirements, but if a guy wants in and he sems nice you can.

Sound okay? We could also re-do the guild cape if needed.

I say yes on the new guild, ill probably join and play every once in a while. and i don't know why everyone's all crazy about capes, i mean they're only 2 plat. unless inflation in this game has left that to be a bitchload.

well today i ended up going on GW for about ten minutes because i didnt want to get hooked like i was before but if there ends up being a Guild again for CAG i would be happy to join it

Moxio that sounds great u should start the new guild

Revitalizing the Guild sounds like a good plan. With Factions on the horizon, lots of people will probably start playing again. If we get this going, I vote for a new cape, but even if our cape is ugly as sin we now have the oh-so-handy "Always Hide Cape (Except PvP)" option.

bread's done
Back