The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

Picked up the preorder disk for factions yesterday from BB.

Small Manual explaining new classes and possible combinations.

Quick reference sheet

Access Key Booklet:
preorder key (good also for preview event Mar. 24-26)
friend key for preview event
trial key for original game ( 14 day, 10 hour trial)
key for Auto Assault: good for final beta and 14 days free trial from the retail release
or 14 days free trial after retail release (anytime after I guess)

NCSoft catalog :roll:

CD with concept art, wallpapers, and in-game trailers

Preorder also gives you a one day headstart and exclusive in-game weapons (hope they are better than the last ones :razz: )

damnit, I had a hankering to play this yesterday, and I did. I'M fucking HOOKED AGAIN!!! Argh lol o well..... I'll probably hop on sometime this weekend, but not much, I have 7 basketball games between Saturday and Sunday....

I just picked this up last week cause it was on sale and its freakin sweet. Im too lazy to go back and read the whole thread but I was wondering if anyone still plays?

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']I just picked this up last week cause it was on sale and its freakin sweet. Im too lazy to go back and read the whole thread but I was wondering if anyone still plays?[/quote]
the active players I'm aware of are Chuck The Great, which is me, Moxio, Crystalklear, Lord Melvin, and Christopher Denison.

on another note, did you guys join Luxon or Kurzick?

also, if any officers hop on I wouldn't mind a guild invite, Chuck The Great, thanks!

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']the active players I'm aware of are Chuck The Great, which is me, Moxio, Crystalklear, Lord Melvin, and Christopher Denison.

on another note, did you guys join Luxon or Kurzick?[/QUOTE]

I play regularly still as well.

I used to play. May get back on more often in the near future.
"Tyr Thesys" is my character name. We have a very small Guild started.

I joined the luxons, although I didn't put much thought into it since its only for the weekend. I would definitly be interested in getting back into a CAG guild if we had an active one again. My in game name is Christopher Denison. I have 3 characters at level 20, including a monk if anyone needs some help.

Gave Factions a spin yesterday. Making me want to play it regularly again. Joined the Luxons without much thought. Only tried one mission and that was the fort one. To me it was a nice setup. Still have to get use to the assassin though. Have to remember to combo my skills better.

Still love the graphics for this game. Everything stands out and there is always something new to see.

How is the Ritualist? Have not tried one yet, though I may this evening.

[quote name='Dogpatch']Gave Factions a spin yesterday. Making me want to play it regularly again. Joined the Luxons without much thought. Only tried one mission and that was the fort one. To me it was a nice setup. Still have to get use to the assassin though. Have to remember to combo my skills better.

Still love the graphics for this game. Everything stands out and there is always something new to see.

How is the Ritualist? Have not tried one yet, though I may this evening.[/quote]

IMO, they're only good at healing. The damage they do IMO isn't good enough. A Mo/Rt build if done well can be a devastating healer against the other team.

I picked the Kurzick's, ive only played a few missions so far but im not big on the new classes, i prefer the older one. Maybe the news will make goo second professions though. Is the CAG guild still active?

Melvin discovered a crazy tanking Rit build. Made use of the ash's ability to draw agro like anything else you pick up. I dunno if he wants to tell people about it though, so I'm not gonna spoil it for him.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Melvin discovered a crazy tanking Rit build. Made use of the ash's ability to draw agro like anything else you pick up. I dunno if he wants to tell people about it though, so I'm not gonna spoil it for him.[/quote]

All you do is grab some armor buffs, some healing, and the elite ashes that steal life whenever you take damage from a foe. I think they're going to remove the aggro from the ahses though. It just makes PvE way too easy, and there would be W/Rt all over the place.

I see there are some recent posts, but is the clan still active enough? Maybe I should just wait til Factions comes around.

fuck no. the clan died like a month after the game came out. :lol:

Not enough people on the forum that played and those that did sucked. :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']fuck no. the clan died like a month after the game came out. :lol:

Not enough people on the forum that played and those that did sucked. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Jealousy. _> ;)

[quote name='crystalklear64']Alright, heres the latest outing I've been on with some other members of the Guild I'm in. We lost but it was fun all the same..

If you haven't passed ascention yet or don't even know what that is, this video may contain spoilers for you.

I Present, How Not to Kill Glint.
http://rapidshare.de/files/18509180/NotKillGlint.wmv.html[/quote]

I actually took a picture of my monk holding one of the eggs by Glint's head after we killed him. :D

[quote name='crystalklear64']Alright, heres the latest outing I've been on with some other members of the Guild I'm in. We lost but it was fun all the same..

If you haven't passed ascention yet or don't even know what that is, this video may contain spoilers for you.

I Present, How Not to Kill Glint.
http://rapidshare.de/files/18509180/NotKillGlint.wmv.html[/quote]

I didn't watch the vid, but I killed glint alone with my ranger. :cool:

Alright, heres some interesting info for anyone who is psyched about Factions.

Tidbit #1: If you pre-order online, some retailers won't ship you your pre-order until the 28th, thus making your early start useless since you won't have the key yet.

Tidbit #2: During the headstart, you will NOT have the 2 extra character slots. This mean's you'd have to delete an old character to play.

Tidbit #3: Even though your Guild may be a part of one Faction (Luxon or Kurzicks), this does NOT prevent you from playing as the opposite Faction.

Tidbit #4: Tired of the BS number of character slots? Well if you have a little extra cash (though this totally goes against the CAG mantra) you can purchase additional slots at the price of $9.99 each.

Thats all for now.

[quote name='crystalklear64']
Tidbit #1: If you pre-order online, some retailers won't ship you your pre-order until the 28th, thus making your early start useless since you won't have the key yet.
[/quote]'
You'll be able to play on the early start day. The pre-order package key works for the day of release and the early start day. Of course, if you don't get you're normal Factions key by the day after release, you're screwed until that comes. When Guild Wars came out, I got both the regular box and pre-order package a couple days early. All I entered was my pre-order key though. I played the head start and the day of release. On the second day of release I couldn't play with me account. It took me 10 minutes to figure out I hadn't entered my normal Guild Wars key, haha.

My pre-order is processing right now and I have (free) overnight shipping, so no worries(I hope).

[quote name='Foolman']'
You'll be able to play on the early start day. The pre-order package key works for the day of release and the early start day. Of course, if you don't get you're normal Factions key by the day after release, you're screwed until that comes. When Guild Wars came out, I got both the regular box and pre-order package a couple days early. All I entered was my pre-order key though. I played the head start and the day of release. On the second day of release I couldn't play with me account. It took me 10 minutes to figure out I hadn't entered my normal Guild Wars key, haha.

My pre-order is processing right now and I have (free) overnight shipping, so no worries(I hope).[/QUOTE]
Think about it though, if they don't ship your preorder box with your key in it by the morning of the 27th (which some companies won't since the full game won't be out then yet) you cannot play the headstart since you won't have ANY keys to enter.

ALSO, some good news, enough people must have complained or whatever, but now Anet is saying there WILL be the 2 extra slots during the headstart. So, cheers to whoever managed that.

FREE TSHIRT!?

You know, if you work for NorthWest and volunteer to clean the shit out of the bathrooms you'll get a free Tshirt too.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Think about it though, if they don't ship your preorder box with your key in it by the morning of the 27th (which some companies won't since the full game won't be out then yet) you cannot play the headstart since you won't have ANY keys to enter.

ALSO, some good news, enough people must have complained or whatever, but now Anet is saying there WILL be the 2 extra slots during the headstart. So, cheers to whoever managed that.[/quote]

*Pst* The key for the early entry is in the pre order package. :p

yeah, I decided to pick up factions on thursday right after school, if my eb has it in that is. gonna trade in 5 games to knock off about $20 off the price. Joined Melvins guild with crystal, although, theres only "5 active players"

[quote name='Kayden']*Pst* The key for the early entry is in the pre order package. :p[/QUOTE]
Arg.. people fail to understand.
If you preorder this online, the preorder box isn't magically teleported to your house, they have to send it to you just like anything you order online. So, in order to save on shipping costs, some retailers will just ship you your preorder box along with the game itself on the day it comes out (in this case April 28).

No key from preorder box=no headstart.

I hope its clear now...

o_O... thats kinda stupid.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Arg.. people fail to understand.
If you preorder this online, the preorder box isn't magically teleported to your house, they have to send it to you just like anything you order online. So, in order to save on shipping costs, some retailers will just ship you your preorder box along with the game itself on the day it comes out (in this case April 28).

No key from preorder box=no headstart.

I hope its clear now...[/quote]

[quote name='crystalklear64']Think about it though, if they don't ship your preorder box with your key in it by the morning of the 27th (which some companies won't since the full game won't be out then yet) you cannot play the headstart since you won't have ANY keys to enter.[/quote]

If it is happening like the first Guild Wars did, retailers will get copies at the start of the week and be able to ship them on tuesday (today) or tomorrow. Anyone that decided they wanted to do head start right now, is out of luck because they waited to long. If you desperately wanted the headstart, you should have pre-ordered at least a week before release.

hmmmm every time I play for an extended time, my computer will just freeze and a little box will pop up on screen saying "out of memory" and ill click ok and my computer will restart itself. Could this be because of ram? or is it something else? I have 1gb ram and a 256mb video card, and i have 2 fans in the back, and one on the side of my rig, so does anyone know whats wrong? I didn't think it would be my ram since its 4 times the minimum requirement, but now I'm not sure, and I'd like to get this problem out of the way before factions later this week.

Lets see.. out of memory has only happened to me when I've used stuff with a known memory leak for a VERY long period of time (like 3 days or so).

While I'm not 100% sure, I'm guessing that Guild Wars does not have this problem, as I have left it on for weeks at a time.

This points to a hardware issue.
Is Guild Wars the only program you have that gives you the out of memory issue after extended use, or is it that Guild Wars is the only program you use extensivly?

I would say its not the system reqs. at all. As you said, you're waaay over their min.

[quote name='Zer0X1999']I switched over to WOW as well, but that does not make Guild Wars and less of a good game. I spent over 100 enjoyable hours with the game.

Though I'm itching to finish the last 4 mission in GW, WOW owns my soul right now :bomb: .[/QUOTE]

Yeah WoW is sweet, like trq said its like Diablo 2 on steriods. I use to have GW, but gave it to Murcielago77 at school cause he wanted to try it. Ask him to play! haha.

[quote name='crystalklear64']
Is Guild Wars the only program you have that gives you the out of memory issue after extended use, or is it that Guild Wars is the only program you use extensivly?

I would say its not the system reqs. at all. As you said, you're waaay over their min.[/quote]

Well, the only time it's ever happened to me is while playing GW. I finally got around to preordering at EB today, only to find out they've been sold out of the preorder kits for 3 months. They said they were supposed to get it in today, but they'll get it tomorrow for sure. so I'll have it a day early, and it will be pretty much useless.

EDIT: I just pulled up the task manager and it says total available memory is 1048040, available is 530xxx and system cache says 61xxxx after sitting on my desktop for 10 minutes. does mean I have a lot of unneeded stuff running?

bread's done
Back