The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']When you join a guild does that affect all your characters?

Oh, and are there any detrimental effects when you get killed. Loss of XP? Gold?[/QUOTE]

When you join a guild, you get a nifty cape (ours rocks).

As for being killed, you loose HP and MP percentage. Ex. die once, you have 80 % of max health/MP. Die twice, you have 60%. Etc etc.

[quote name='Moxio']When you join a guild, you get a nifty cape (ours rocks).

As for being killed, you loose HP and MP percentage. Ex. die once, you have 80 % of max health/MP. Die twice, you have 60%. Etc etc.[/QUOTE]

but you can get back to 100% health/mana if you restart from town

I created my second character last night. "I Admiral Ackbar I"

I laughed when someone called me a retard when I first logged in. A couple more gave lol's and I even saw a "wow."

Anyway, he's an elementalist. But now I gotta figure what class to hook together with.

I have three in mind.

First is Mesmer. I can combine my larger elementalist energy pool with some of the cool debuff and hex powers of the mesmer. It would be a nice fit but I wouldn't have much defense or healing in PVP or PvE.

Second is Necroe. This was my original intention. Because I can use spells that both drain health and add to my own. I can also summon the dead to act as warriors to supplement my lack of combat wariness. But in PVP I would think that enemies would ignore the undead and come straight for me.

Then there's the Ranger. It doesn't seem like a good mix. But I could summon an animal to act as a fellow fighter like the Necro can summon undead. That's good for PvE. But in PVP I coulkd lay traps to defend myself and slow down attackers as they try to get to me. Then unleash spells.

Right nwo I'm leaning towards mesmer for pure magical combat.

I had an Ele/Mes once and it was pretty effective. not if you're going for a AOE nuker though. At least not in my opinion. I wouldn't use necro for summoning though, as without runes the highest level you can get I believe is 12 or 13 and I don't find that useful enough to really be worth maxing it out. Ranger with a pet though wouldn't be a bad idea, as you could send your pet in then nuke people while they're surrounding it if you wanna solo. If you want more info message me in game Chuck The Great

AoE is area of effect. Basically its anything that will hit your target and other creatures around your target. Eles have tons of these. Another one you might need to know is DoT, which is damage over time, like bleeding or poison.

I just discovered that you can use the upgraded salvaging tools to salvage magical enchantments and apply them to other items. Very cool.

Also, What are runes for and how are they applied? Most of them seem to affect skills. Are they applied to equipment? And I also found a rune that will expand the number of storage spaces on your "sack" olr something like that. Will that work on your belt pouch?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I just discovered that you can use the upgraded salvaging tools to salvage magical enchantments and apply them to other items. Very cool.

Also, What are runes for and how are they applied? Most of them seem to affect skills. Are they applied to equipment? And I also found a rune that will expand the number of storage spaces on your "sack" olr something like that. Will that work on your belt pouch?[/QUOTE]

Runes up your attribute points by 1 for minor, 2 for major, and 3 for superior. but there are penalties on major and superior, -50hp for major and -75 superior. most people use 1 superior rune on a char. and runes of holding u just apply to the bag and it makes you able to hold 10 items in each bag. as for the belt pouch, no you can only have 5 in the belt pouch. but with the inventory, belt pouch and 2 bags, you should have 45 spaces and I feel as it's enough.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I created my second character last night. "I Admiral Ackbar I"

I laughed when someone called me a retard when I first logged in. A couple more gave lol's and I even saw a "wow."

Anyway, he's an elementalist. But now I gotta figure what class to hook together with.

I have three in mind.

First is Mesmer. I can combine my larger elementalist energy pool with some of the cool debuff and hex powers of the mesmer. It would be a nice fit but I wouldn't have much defense or healing in PVP or PvE.

Second is Necroe. This was my original intention. Because I can use spells that both drain health and add to my own. I can also summon the dead to act as warriors to supplement my lack of combat wariness. But in PVP I would think that enemies would ignore the undead and come straight for me.

Then there's the Ranger. It doesn't seem like a good mix. But I could summon an animal to act as a fellow fighter like the Necro can summon undead. That's good for PvE. But in PVP I coulkd lay traps to defend myself and slow down attackers as they try to get to me. Then unleash spells.

Right nwo I'm leaning towards mesmer for pure magical combat.[/QUOTE]

Mesmer is actually a great secondary for an elementalist. These days E/Me are very high in demand in high-level areas such as UW/FoW, because these Ele have access to one very powerful Mesmer skill, Echo. These eles are known as "Echo Nukers" and they can pretty much use Meteor Shower twice in a row, while a regular ele uses it once, and has to wait for it to recharge. Like I said, "Echo Nukers" are very much in demand and you'll be dealing twice the nuking damage of a regular ele.

[quote name='Moxio']When you join a guild, you get a nifty cape (ours rocks).

As for being killed, you loose HP and MP percentage. Ex. die once, you have 80 % of max health/MP. Die twice, you have 60%. Etc etc.[/QUOTE]

Yea, we did a good job ^_^

The death penalty (DP) is 15% per death, and I believe you regain 1% for every kill.

And Ackbar, with the E/N, yea, the 'smart' people would go for you to kill the minions, but the skilled players would kill the monk trying to heal you first. ;-)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Can anybody tell me what's a good class to link with a Warrior?[/QUOTE]
Well you could be a tool and choose monk, everyone does it but for a reason. Or you can go for the most excellent Ranger. Good support skills such and regen and stances.

I'm not as fond of the w/r as I am the Mo/W. Warrior just doesn't have the mana for all the good traps.

[quote name='Kayden']I'm not as fond of the w/r as I am the Mo/W. Warrior just doesn't have the mana for all the good traps.[/QUOTE]

I really like the W/R combo because you get some more 5 energy evade skills, and you still have enough energy for healing spring. They make really good tanks for pve, and are almost always the last to die. But for pvp, the evade skills arent necessary because people usually attack the warriors last anyway, and you should focus on beating on their casters.

Damn you, when you gonna be on so I cna join the CAG Guild.

Also I have gotten some of the cool special Holloween swag. A Ghost in a box. Absynth. Witches Brew. I don't know if they do anything special. But they're only 4 Charr Carvings a piece. I've seen people pay up to $50 a carving and $500 a item.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Damn you, when you gonna be on so I cna join the CAG Guild.

Also I have gotten some of the cool special Holloween swag. A Ghost in a box. Absynth. Witches Brew. I don't know if they do anything special. But they're only 4 Charr Carvings a piece. I've seen people pay up to $50 a carving and $500 a item.[/QUOTE]

Wow, where can you get these items? And who the hell is paying 50 gold a carving?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Ackbar, what's your in-game name, and do you have Xfire?

Can someone invite me back in? I joined a new guild since noone was playing from ours anymore and then they all quit. The name is Christopher Denison.

I'm about to install this game, right after I post this message. never played an mmo before...any advice? :) I'd love to join the clan once I get levelled up and all that.

okay, started playing. so far, lvl4, Ranger/Necro chick, name's Miss Modular. If anyone is still playing, lemme know :)

[quote name='Apossum']okay, started playing. so far, lvl4, Ranger/Necro chick, name's Miss Modular. If anyone is still playing, lemme know :)[/QUOTE]

lvl 12 Warrior/Elementalist my name is Samurai Fez. Hit me up, foo.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']lvl 12 Warrior/Elementalist my name is Samurai Fez. Hit me up, foo.[/QUOTE]

Hey, anderson. Let me know when you're on next. I have a level 12 Wrrior Monk who's doing the fires in the east quest. It's a bitch. Need a large party because the Charr show up in groups of six. I could use some help.

I currently have two characters. An Elementalist names "I Admiral Ackbar I" and "Daegar Firebrand" is my warrior monk.

Alright I haven't played in a long while, so I was wondering if someone could tell me the updates and stuff that have happened. I stopped playing just before the patch that made Zealot's fire do less dmg and Balthazar's Aura have a casting time. Just the major stuff if you please. Also, did the Furnace of Sorrow ever come out? Any new items?

Yes there have been many more updates... gay updates. They just recently made it so that when u are doing a group attack, i.e. meteor shower, balzar etc. that the enemy runs away, so basically it makes farming uw impossible.. how the hell am i supposed to make my money now? there was a really cool Holloween update though, i have a pumpkin helmet :)

Oh no, its such a shame that they actually made the computer AIs smart enough to actually move out of your AoE spells and not just stand there and die.
It's not an adjustment thats hard to deal with. Sure, you may have to use different skills for farming, but at least now there's a way to get enemies to run from you. This could be quite useful for protecting casters. Or, if everyone in the party has some AoE spells, you could just keep the enemies running around confused, which means theyre not attacking you at all. Also, you can have people in your party with skills to slow down the enemy so they dont run away from your AoEs as fast. If anything, this update makes it a lot easier to keep yourself and your party alive.

[quote name='Lord Melvin']If anything, this update makes it a lot easier to keep yourself and your party alive.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hah.

are people still playing? I have been thinking of trying to nab this game for 20 after the best buy coupon (if I can find one)

Actually, I got a really, really tough couple of quests and I have the hardest time finding people to partner for some reason. That's for my tnak character.

they did not have any coupons left over (don't really feel like using a scanned coupon as I don't really want to deal with the hassle if there are any problems), so I might just wait until I find another deal. Hopefully someone like gogamer will have a deal soon on it as I would like to play it. I need something that is not a FPS to play online

[quote name='CaseyRyback']they did not have any coupons left over (don't really feel like using a scanned coupon as I don't really want to deal with the hassle if there are any problems), so I might just wait until I find another deal. Hopefully someone like gogamer will have a deal soon on it as I would like to play it. I need something that is not a FPS to play online[/QUOTE]

Cmon, scanned coupons are no problem, I've used about 10 of them now, all with different locations spread amongst different BB locations.

Not sure if you'll ever be able to score the game for $20 anytime soon.

[quote name='Roufuss']Cmon, scanned coupons are no problem, I've used about 10 of them now, all with different locations spread amongst different BB locations.

Not sure if you'll ever be able to score the game for $20 anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

well I just went and told my mom it was something I wanted for Christmas so hopefully someone picks it up. I know it is a lame excuse, but after spending the amount of dough I have over the past month just about anything that can provide mental blockage to stop me from getting an item is great.

I get kind of schizo like this sometimes over purchases

[quote name='CaseyRyback']well I just went and told my mom it was something I wanted for Christmas so hopefully someone picks it up. I know it is a lame excuse, but after spending the amount of dough I have over the past month just about anything that can provide mental blockage to stop me from getting an item is great.

I get kind of schizo like this sometimes over purchases[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I do it too, but I've wanted to play Guild Wars FOREVER, I just couldn't justify 50 bucks.

$20 is alot easier to swallow, same with Black and White 2 :D

Well, I've basically quit. after starting with Melvin and Crystal in CAG guild, to my friend's guild, then to making a guild with crystal and melvin, I think my career is dwindling down. I just don't have a reason to play anymore. Nothing more for me to explore, find, or fight. I do play occasionally to GvG with my new guild, but nothing more than that unless a fellow CAG needs help, in which that case I'm always up to help :)

[quote name='crystalklear64']Kayden, ya gotta start playing more regularly :cry:[/QUOTE]

WoW has been eating a lot of my time, but I think I'm getting sick of it... :cry:

Are there many left on here that still play this? Just picked it up last weekend and am playing around with a lvl 7 Necro/Ranger.

Wow, didn't know there was a sticky about GW. I have logged on for 520+ hours. Currently on my 3rd playthrough in pve. I have a R/Me for trapping with iway teams (R/Mo when farming ecto); E/Me echo nuker which I just abandoned due to the recent aoe nerf, but still trying to complete the 15k collection for her just to play dress-up doll; and a W/Mo just to jump on the whammo runner bandwagon.

IGN: Gocchin Sama, Nochiura Natsumi, Baptiste Fullchakra

Currently farming fame in tombs.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']my copy should arrive on thursday so I will probably be playing some next weekend.[/QUOTE]

Casey, send me a Pm when you get it. I haven't played ina couple months. I have an elementalist I want to work on. I think he's 3rd level. Could use a buddy.

I should get my copy in the mail tonight since it is out for delivery (hopefully I will get it before 8, though since UPS sucks I highly doubt it). I gotta be up at 6:30 tomorrow so I probably won't be playing much tomorrow.

bread's done
Back