The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

[quote name='Moxio']The thing is, however, we already have capes.

This is my suggestion: let's revitalize the guild.

We'll remove everyone who hasn't signed on in the past month. If they want to be back in the guild, we can let them back in.

We can make the more active members Officers so they can invite people into the guild. Of course there's some requirements, but if a guy wants in and he sems nice you can.

Sound okay? We could also re-do the guild cape if needed.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a man with a plan.

I'm in, if you guys don't mind. I've been looking for people to play GW with as my old guild split a few months ago.

I would probably be interested in joining back up. I play almost every day and have 2 level 20's. Like some other people said, I left because noone ever played anymore.

[quote name='greendc27']I would probably be interested in joining back up. I play almost every day and have 2 level 20's. Like some other people said, I left because noone ever played anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested too ;)

If this does get started up again, I'll revamp the OP with all the current members and whatnot. I also play Guild Wars with Melvin almost everyday, so I'm sure if I told him, he'd go for it.

I just started playing again, as well. I have a level 19 e/me which I don't really like anymore, and am currently working on a N/Mo who is level 5 and just entered old ascalon.

Hmmm, might have to start playing again. :razz: Took a break for awhile. When I stop working 7 days a week and stay out of Eve, I'll be back on.

Ok, I realize this is mostly clan-related discussion but it does say the "official" guild wars topic...I'm considering getting into a MMORPG and was wondering how Guild Wars is? I have friends wanting me to play EverQuest 2 with them, and World of Warcraft is obviously appealing but I was wondering how Guild Wars was, and in comparison to the other games? Obviously it's free and that's a big selling point but does it have a big population, etc? This would be my first MMORPG and was looking for opinions as to which of the three (Guild Wars, EQ2, or WOW) to pick up.

thanks

I like Guild Wars but it can get boring. I dunno, I personally find the quests uninspired, but maybe I just haven't played enough.

As God is my witness, I will log onto Guild Wars tonight.

Probably after the start of Stargate but I'll be done before the start of Galactica.

[quote name='specialk']so what's it like in comparison to EQ2 or WOW? or have you played those 2?[/QUOTE]

I would say it's similar to playing NWN online. That's the onl;y other online RPG I've ever played.

I have nine months of WOW but I'm saving that for a rainy year.

Hey all, I logged in for the first time in a while today. I erased my previous characters, but im going to start in again, since im pretty burnt out with WoW raiding.

Jalu Rhonos is the name. so far i'm a lvl 2 W/Mo. If you revamp the guild, I'm all for it

My Lvl 3 Elementalis/Mesmer will be on tonight for about an hour at Nineish.

I currently have one quest completed but I need to get my reward, and four to do.

Supremecty of Air
Wayward Wizard
Tithe for Ashford
New Elementalist Trainer.

I just completed second professions.

Look for "I Admiral Ackbar I"

By the way, what are the best three or four skills for an Elementalist/Mesmer to focus on in the long term.

I'm thinking Energy, Inspiration, Illusion, and one of the Main Energy Categories. But I don't know.

[quote name='specialk']so what's it like in comparison to EQ2 or WOW? or have you played those 2?[/QUOTE]

Actually the easiest game to compare it to would be Diablo 2 online. Its nearly identical to the setup as Diabo 2's online system. Granted it is a little bit more indepth than D2, that is the closest comparison.

I'll be on randomly, depending on who is on and what there is to do. Anyone can add me. I use my monk the most, but I also have a mesmer, warrior, and necro. All level 20. I'm willing to help anyone out if they need it. Just add "Sgm Superstar".

Lol..." a rainy year"...

Well I've never played Diablo 2. If you guys were getting into the MMORPG which would you recommend? WOW, EQ2 or Guild Wars? Are the 3 games completely different? Hope you guys don't mind i'm using this thread, i'm just always conscious about starting new threads.

Anyways more takes/comparisons on the 3 games are welcomed...help put specialk in a MMORPG!

[quote name='specialk']Lol..." a rainy year"...

Well I've never played Diablo 2. If you guys were getting into the MMORPG which would you recommend? WOW, EQ2 or Guild Wars? Are the 3 games completely different? Hope you guys don't mind i'm using this thread, i'm just always conscious about starting new threads.

Anyways more takes/comparisons on the 3 games are welcomed...help put specialk in a MMORPG![/QUOTE]
If you like money, buy Guild Wars.

Quested a bit tonight with Admiral Ackbar. Was a good time, hopefully we'll be able to get more CAG's involved so we can get some larger groups together.

[quote name='jalu6']Quested a bit tonight with Admiral Ackbar. Was a good time, hopefully we'll be able to get more CAG's involved so we can get some larger groups together.[/QUOTE]
12:00pm-2:00am with an hour or three breaks thrown in for good measure, me and Melvin are on. I have almost everyone who was in the Guild on my friend list.

I'm probably going to go to the fissure of woe in a few minutes if anyone wants to go (provided we have favor).

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Still looking for advice on where to put my Elementalist?Mesmer points.

Sitting on a large pool of points.[/QUOTE]

fast casting, and illusion. Thats where I had mine, when I had a ele mesmer.

[quote name='Superstar']fast casting, and illusion. Thats where I had mine, when I had a ele mesmer.[/QUOTE]

Well, I ahve an elementalist/Mesmer. You seemed to have a MEsmer Elementalist. I can't pick Fast Casting.

i finally got guild wars. Bought it off someone here on CAG. I am loving it so far. I have a lvl 9 elem/Messmer right now.
Someone invited me to a guild, and I said yes. What are the advantages to being in a guild? Besides the sweet cape. :) if I wanted to join another guild, such as the CAG guild, is it easy to get out of an existing guild?
My name is Moz zer
Thanks for your answer. hope to see some of you playing.

[quote name='markholladay']i finally got guild wars. Bought it off someone here on CAG. I am loving it so far. I have a lvl 9 elem/Messmer right now.
Someone invited me to a guild, and I said yes. What are the advantages to being in a guild? Besides the sweet cape. :) if I wanted to join another guild, such as the CAG guild, is it easy to get out of an existing guild?
My name is Moz zer
Thanks for your answer. hope to see some of you playing.[/QUOTE]

Advantages:
Sweet Cape.
Travel to your Guild's Guild Hall (if you have one).
Participate in GvG (if you have a Guild Hall).
Get high enough rank in GvG, Anet often rewards that Guild.
If you decide to buy Factions you can choose a faction.
You can see all your guild members who were on and determine when they are on based on how long ago they were on.
You won't get PM's from random people asking you to join their guild.

Leaving/Joining Guild:
Leaving the guild is free and easy. Simply push "G" and click the box icon next to your name, then choose leave my guild.

To join a guild you must first have an invite from a guild officer or leader. This costs them 100g per invite. Once you have the invite push "G" and accept it.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Advantages:
Sweet Cape.
You can see all your guild members who were on and determine when they are on based on how long ago they were on.

Leaving/Joining Guild:
Leaving the guild is free and easy. Simply push "G" and click the box icon next to your name, then choose leave my guild.

To join a guild you must first have an invite from a guild officer or leader. This costs them 100g per invite. Once you have the invite push "G" and accept it.[/QUOTE]
How do you travel to a Guild hall anyway? I'm part of a guild and I'm pretty sure we have a Guild hall but I have no idea how to get there.

Sorry to advertise, but if anyone wants my account-- Lvl 8 Ranger/Necro chick, over the wall, it's up for sale or trade. Pm me please :)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']How do you travel to a Guild hall anyway? I'm part of a guild and I'm pretty sure we have a Guild hall but I have no idea how to get there.[/QUOTE]

Just hit G and on the upper left of that window click on Guild Hall to travel to it.

Looks like my guild doesn't have a guild hall afterall. What can you expect when your guild's leader hasn't been on in a month. OH well

So, I managed to get a sapphire drop the other day. I requested a quote and I could sell it for 5 platinum or I could save it considering how hard they are supposed to be. I really can't decide what I should do with it. On the one hand 5 platinum would be huge for a lvl 9 character but when I get to higher levels I'll probably regret selling the sapphire. Any insight from anyone?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Looks like my guild doesn't have a guild hall afterall. What can you expect when your guild's leader hasn't been on in a month. OH well

So, I managed to get a sapphire drop the other day. I requested a quote and I could sell it for 5 platinum or I could save it considering how hard they are supposed to be. I really can't decide what I should do with it. On the one hand 5 platinum would be huge for a lvl 9 character but when I get to higher levels I'll probably regret selling the sapphire. Any insight from anyone?[/QUOTE]

Currently, Sapphire's and Rubies have no use (apart from selling to other players). However, Anet has officially announced that they will be used for something in the upcoming Factions game. Thus, people are trying to stockpile them now so that they can flaunt their new stuff when factions comes out. The only use in keeping it is if you feel the need to get the l33t itemz as soon as Factions comes out. Undoubtedly, they will go up in price when Factions first comes out, but after a while they will most likely dip below their current prices (around 5k).

[quote name='crystalklear64']Currently, Sapphire's and Rubies have no use (apart from selling to other players). However, Anet has officially announced that they will be used for something in the upcoming Factions game. Thus, people are trying to stockpile them now so that they can flaunt their new stuff when factions comes out. The only use in keeping it is if you feel the need to get the l33t itemz as soon as Factions comes out. Undoubtedly, they will go up in price when Factions first comes out, but after a while they will most likely dip below their current prices (around 5k).[/QUOTE]

I still haven't gotten one. :oops:

[quote name='crystalklear64']Currently, Sapphire's and Rubies have no use (apart from selling to other players). However, Anet has officially announced that they will be used for something in the upcoming Factions game. Thus, people are trying to stockpile them now so that they can flaunt their new stuff when factions comes out. The only use in keeping it is if you feel the need to get the l33t itemz as soon as Factions comes out. Undoubtedly, they will go up in price when Factions first comes out, but after a while they will most likely dip below their current prices (around 5k).[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Well, I think I'll hang onto it and see what will happen with it when Factions comes out.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Advantages:
Sweet Cape.

Leaving/Joining Guild:

To join a guild you must first have an invite from a guild officer or leader. This costs them 100g per invite. Once you have the invite push "G" and accept it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insights. I appreciate it.

In reponse to the saphire question. Do these just randomly drop from a battle. Are they in special places. I have never even heard of one. But I am new.

[quote name='markholladay']Thanks for the insights. I appreciate it.

In reponse to the saphire question. Do these just randomly drop from a battle. Are they in special places. I have never even heard of one. But I am new.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, they drop from the higher level mobs, no particular place, and they are extremely rare (to get from a drop).

[quote name='markholladay']Thanks for the insights. I appreciate it.

In reponse to the saphire question. Do these just randomly drop from a battle. Are they in special places. I have never even heard of one. But I am new.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly mine dropped from a Charr in The Breach. But like Crystal said, they are random.

For any of you that are interested in Guild Wars: Factions you can pre-order it from Best Buy for $39.99. Everwhere else I've seen has it for $49.99.

[quote name='greendc27']For any of you that are interested in Guild Wars: Factions you can pre-order it from Best Buy for $39.99. Everwhere else I've seen has it for $49.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait for Factions.

bread's done
Back