The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

From what you have told me, you were making a killing day one. :razz:

Wish I had more time to play. More than a few people have finished the storyline missions. Alot of cool crap at the end. Might have to make a ranger to charm a phoenix at the end. :) Really enjoying my assassin right now.

diamond20oj.jpg

Diamond Mirage - Assassin/Mesmer - Lvl 15

I'll have to do more screenshots later. Only did one for factions so far.

Wow do I LOVE being an assasin. As much as being an elementalist and a ranger were fun, I love my Assassin/Monk. She's too much fun to be.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Taking a short break from factions to say how awesome it is, and how easy it is to make money off of people! Its awesome![/QUOTE]

I wish I had an abundance of superior vigor runes... 41 plat last I checked. Absurd.

I went Assassin/Ranger. Stances are proving useful, plus there are too many cool pets to be had. My crane General Tso approves of my choice in secondary profession as well.

Warning! Factions ending screenshot galore below!

Few months ago, I got my job just in time I got bored of GW. Last Thursday, I was fired on the same day the as the GWF headstart. So I came home and managed to blow through Factions in 4 days, 2 hours before my headstart key expires. And my new job started the next day.

Some screenshots below for those who care for a quick look at the small icons of the greens, ranger's Canthan 15k reqs, and what can be expected in Divine Path.

For the last 2 missions in the game, Kuunavang will teach you a skill to be used exclusively for the missions. I am sure what skill you will get depends on your class:

gw281.jpg

Note: If you take Charm Animal, you can just go ahead and replace that with the special skill, as your pet won't go away.

Shiro dead:

gw283.jpg

Greens for the casters. Iirc, all casters get only 1 skin for the wands, and 1 skin for the offhands.

gw284.jpg

For Warriors:

gw285.jpg

For Assassins:

gw286.jpg

For Rangers:

gw287.jpg

Amulet of the Myst, yes you only get one per char:

gw288.jpg

For those after the phoenix, I have confirmed there is at least 2 capturable ones (very likely to have 3) in the Divine Path. I haven't fully explored the place yet before accidently stepped into the exit to Kaning Center.

gw289.jpg

Ranger Canthan 15k and its required materials:

gw291.jpg

Tengu galore!

gw292.jpg

Fireworks, credit roll. That's the exit right there! Make sure you have done everything before stepping through it:

gw294.jpg

These 2 phoenixes right by the exit aren't capturable, and are HUGE:

gw295.jpg

And last but not least, your one and only Gocchin Sama:

gw290.jpg

gw_celestial.jpg

I finally got my factions, started an assasin right away. I also brought my ranger over from prophecies to go after the phoenix.

I've yet to finish the first campaign prophecies, so i'm kinda in limbo - want to finish it before going out and buying factions. - Does anybody know if finishing campaign 1 is a requirement to bring my old character to Cantha? would be nice just to roam around a bit.. the preview event was fun.

also if any lvl18 and up players want to join a very small guild to become officers(yes we have that little number of members) and start recruiting to make things grow, let me know too.

[quote name='tink']I've yet to finish the first campaign prophecies, so i'm kinda in limbo - want to finish it before going out and buying factions. - Does anybody know if finishing campaign 1 is a requirement to bring my old character to Cantha? would be nice just to roam around a bit.. the preview event was fun.
[/QUOTE]

You have to be ascended (desert quests) to be able to hop from Kryta to Cantha, but do not need to complete all Prophecies missions. This works both ways -- Canthan characters can go to Kryta after ascending in Factions.

Beat the game yesterday and chose the Dragoncrest Axe as my loot. I'm thinking Ironwing bow next.

Anyway.. once you've beaten the game, you have access to a weapon's crafter who makes +5 energy weapons. However, they cost 10k and need 6 steel which cost about 350g now days, so they certainly aren't cheap.

Here my Factions loot so far:
Crafter Katana with 20% Mod Slapped on it-
katana5eng6ra.jpg

Sweet looking Hammer-
ogrehammer8hl.jpg

Lame looking Jade Wand-
jadewand0ol.jpg

Equally lame looking Chalice-
chalice2bg.jpg

Awesome looking Wing's Axe-
wingsaxe8lb.jpg

Lame looking uber green, Dragoncrest Axe-
dragoncrest7wn.jpg

Sweet huge-ass staff, Orosen's Staff-
orosen3yi.jpg

Actually it was just me and Melvin when I got mine. You were there when we got the second one and made our run go about.... 10 times faster. Bummer that one didn't drop for you, but we'll get ya one don't ya worry ;)

What the hell are the green things?

I can't logon...

I can sign in, but when I pick a char to play with it just sits there saying "connecting" :whistle2:k.

I wonder if this is their way of getting me to buy factions. My preview guy is there, but it says I can't play him without faction.

[quote name='Kayden']What the hell are the green things?

I can't logon...

I can sign in, but when I pick a char to play with it just sits there saying "connecting" :whistle2:k.

I wonder if this is their way of getting me to buy factions. My preview guy is there, but it says I can't play him without faction.[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem the other day. Probably the same day as you. Seems like they had some big time lag on their end. When I did get in game, it would freeze from time to time. No problems since.

[quote name='Kayden']What the hell are the green things?

I can't logon...

I wonder if this is their way of getting me to buy factions. My preview guy is there, but it says I can't play him without faction.[/QUOTE]
Green items were released with the Sorrow's Furnace add-on. They're basically max weapons with max mods (well not now that sundering can be 20/20) that all but 2 have a req. of 9. Also, some greens have unique skins. Oh, and they're green and named after someone :roll:

Or maybe you were asking about the ghost looking guys with chains on them. Those are spirits summoned through a binding ritual. Its kinda what the ritualist does. They summon spirits... lots of them.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hey, when you add Factions to GW do you get the two extra character slots? Or is thgat only in the Collectors Edition.[/quote]

You get the two with the normal Factions also. People complained before the game came out that it wasn't fair to leave non-CE people with only four slots, so you get six slots if you have Factions and GW.

I need to form an alliance for my guild but I have some questions about it. How many guilds can be in an alliance? Also, does it really make any difference or is it just some minor things, like some of the areas in towns that I've come across? Finally, anyone want to make an alliance with my guild? It's small (a few real life friends and my brother) and only 2 of us have factions but a third is buying it soon.

I think that our guild would probably be interested in joining up. The main purpose of forming an alliance is to share Faction. With more guilds, you can collect faction that much faster. Once your alliance is one of the top 4 or 5 alliances, then you're granted ownership of your faction's town. The alliance with the most faction for each faction is granted access to elite missions. The rest simply get discounted prices in the town they own.

So this begs a question of your guild.. are you thinking Kurzick or Luxon? If your alliance contains guilds who support different factions, the faction you turn in will cancel each other out making it pointless. Just so you know, the guild Melvin and I are in is going to end up being Luxon, since I was the only one who wanted Kurzick.

As for how many guilds can be in an alliance.. I think its 10. So an alliance could in theory have 1000 members.

Well, once we get to it, if you want another semi-small guild (myself and a few of my real life friends, about 5 members all together), let me know. We're about to get to choosing a side for the guild, so if everyone's going Luxon, we'll probably do that too. I figure with a couple small guilds and maybe some large guilds, it should still work out fine. Let me know if you want to so I can tell the leader of my guild.

I ended up going Kurzick because I thought the armor looked better. :) If you guys change your mind and go Kurzick I would definitly be interested in an alliance.

Hey guys I got a question.. When I first started playing Factions, I didn't know that you could link your accounts together from the first game.. The only way that I can do this now is to delete my account and then link my accounts together.. Could anybody tell me how I can do this????

[quote name='Kayden']Anyone know where I might find the collectors edition for Factions? =([/quote] It comes out July 5th. Barnes and Noble.com has it for pre-order and I'm sure you could find it other places as well. You should check your characters that are over a year old, they should have minipets now. I just got the bone dragon which is supposed to be the rarest one. They sell for quite a bit if you decide to get rid of them.

Huh... I have characters from the early start. :cool: I should check them out.

I take it the CE got a re release then?

Hey, i play prophecies campaign, not factions...can i join the cag guild?
My name is Didly Whoa, lvl 11 e/mo, currently at yaks bend and getting raped by everything lol...

Hey everyone, I just bought this game.

Is there anything I need to know before I make my character?

I'm pretty fimilar with the RPG genre so I don't think I'll have many problems getting comfortable in this game but just incase.

Dunno, you will get the feel of each type of character pretty quick. Lvling is quick so you don't lose much time if you axe one. Also remember you have 5 character slots. Comes down to what type of character(s) you like to have.

People are idiots for buying this stuff up like they do. Just a few quests give you that amount. Unless you are trying to get one for all you characters with minimum fuss.

Also, anyone notice the new part of storage we are getting in factions? A new tab to hold crafting items. About friggin time!

Argh... I'm with my aunt while I'm out of town, and I can't play GW again until the 10th.... so Crystal in case you're wondering why I haven't been on, thats why.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Argh... I'm with my aunt while I'm out of town, and I can't play GW again until the 10th.... so Crystal in case you're wondering why I haven't been on, thats why.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh..

And that storage thing... wtf? Its for Faction's owners only, and even on their website it says upgrades that affect the whole game and basic features would be available to all.

The official excuse? Factions players have Jade and Amber to store... LAME.

Of course I have Factions.. but still its a gyp to those who don't.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Ahhh..

And that storage thing... wtf? Its for Faction's owners only, and even on their website it says upgrades that affect the whole game and basic features would be available to all.

The official excuse? Factions players have Jade and Amber to store... LAME.

Of course I have Factions.. but still its a gyp to those who don't.[/QUOTE]

Very true. Wonder why they went that route? Maybe a large enough number of Prophecy owners have Factions. Dunno

What is the max amount of gold you can keep in storage? I'm going to sell my bone dragon minipet and that made me curious.

[quote name='Kayden']I want my factions to arrive mother fuckers![/quote]
Did you end up getting the collectors edition? The minipet Kuunavang you get with it sells for quite a bit.

I just fired it up again today. Its so hard to play GW once you've beaten it >< Gotta set goals for yourself to keep motivated.. like right now I want to get all the armor sets for a certain character >.>

bread's done
Back