Photo
- - - - -

The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

• Please log in to reply
1255 replies to this topic

#61 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

Wait what is this? People are actually playing again! Blasphemers!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:23 PM

When you join a guild, you get a nifty cape (ours rocks).

As for being killed, you loose HP and MP percentage. Ex. die once, you have 80 % of max health/MP. Die twice, you have 60%. Etc etc.

Yea, we did a good job ^_^

The death penalty (DP) is 15% per death, and I believe you regain 1% for every kill.

And Ackbar, with the E/N, yea, the 'smart' people would go for you to kill the minions, but the skilled players would kill the monk trying to heal you first. ;-)

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#63 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:32 PM

Can anybody tell me what's a good class to link with a Warrior?

samuraifez.png

#64 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:10 PM

Can anybody tell me what's a good class to link with a Warrior?

Well you could be a tool and choose monk, everyone does it but for a reason. Or you can go for the most excellent Ranger. Good support skills such and regen and stances.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:57 PM

I'm not as fond of the w/r as I am the Mo/W. Warrior just doesn't have the mana for all the good traps.

#66 Lord Melvin

Lord Melvin

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:32 PM

I'm not as fond of the w/r as I am the Mo/W. Warrior just doesn't have the mana for all the good traps.

I really like the W/R combo because you get some more 5 energy evade skills, and you still have enough energy for healing spring. They make really good tanks for pve, and are almost always the last to die. But for pvp, the evade skills arent necessary because people usually attack the warriors last anyway, and you should focus on beating on their casters.
Posted Image

#67 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

Damn you, when you gonna be on so I cna join the CAG Guild.

Also I have gotten some of the cool special Holloween swag. A Ghost in a box. Absynth. Witches Brew. I don't know if they do anything special. But they're only 4 Charr Carvings a piece. I've seen people pay up to $50 a carving and $500 a item.

The 2014 E3 Theme: "Coming in 2015."

#68 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

Damn you, when you gonna be on so I cna join the CAG Guild.

Also I have gotten some of the cool special Holloween swag. A Ghost in a box. Absynth. Witches Brew. I don't know if they do anything special. But they're only 4 Charr Carvings a piece. I've seen people pay up to $50 a carving and $500 a item.

Wow, where can you get these items? And who the hell is paying 50 gold a carving?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Ackbar, what's your in-game name, and do you have Xfire?

samuraifez.png

#69 greendc27

greendc27

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:21 PM

Can someone invite me back in? I joined a new guild since noone was playing from ours anymore and then they all quit. The name is Christopher Denison.
[url="http://profile.xfire.com/greendc27"][/url]

#70 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:40 AM

I'm about to install this game, right after I post this message. never played an mmo before...any advice? :-) I'd love to join the clan once I get levelled up and all that.

#71 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:00 AM

okay, started playing. so far, lvl4, Ranger/Necro chick, name's Miss Modular. If anyone is still playing, lemme know :-)

#72 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:17 AM

okay, started playing. so far, lvl4, Ranger/Necro chick, name's Miss Modular. If anyone is still playing, lemme know :-)

lvl 12 Warrior/Elementalist my name is Samurai Fez. Hit me up, foo.

samuraifez.png

#73 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

lvl 12 Warrior/Elementalist my name is Samurai Fez. Hit me up, foo.

Hey, anderson. Let me know when you're on next. I have a level 12 Wrrior Monk who's doing the fires in the east quest. It's a bitch. Need a large party because the Charr show up in groups of six. I could use some help.

I currently have two characters. An Elementalist names "I Admiral Ackbar I" and "Daegar Firebrand" is my warrior monk.

#74 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:51 PM

Alright I haven't played in a long while, so I was wondering if someone could tell me the updates and stuff that have happened. I stopped playing just before the patch that made Zealot's fire do less dmg and Balthazar's Aura have a casting time. Just the major stuff if you please. Also, did the Furnace of Sorrow ever come out? Any new items?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 TheArabian

TheArabian

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:18 PM

Yes there have been many more updates... gay updates. They just recently made it so that when u are doing a group attack, i.e. meteor shower, balzar etc. that the enemy runs away, so basically it makes farming uw impossible.. how the hell am i supposed to make my money now? there was a really cool Holloween update though, i have a pumpkin helmet :)

#76 Lord Melvin

Lord Melvin

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:53 PM

Oh no, its such a shame that they actually made the computer AIs smart enough to actually move out of your AoE spells and not just stand there and die.
It's not an adjustment thats hard to deal with. Sure, you may have to use different skills for farming, but at least now there's a way to get enemies to run from you. This could be quite useful for protecting casters. Or, if everyone in the party has some AoE spells, you could just keep the enemies running around confused, which means theyre not attacking you at all. Also, you can have people in your party with skills to slow down the enemy so they dont run away from your AoEs as fast. If anything, this update makes it a lot easier to keep yourself and your party alive.
Posted Image

#77 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:13 AM

If anything, this update makes it a lot easier to keep yourself and your party alive.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hah.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:32 PM

are people still playing? I have been thinking of trying to nab this game for 20 after the best buy coupon (if I can find one)

Posted Image

#79 greendc27

greendc27

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:43 PM

Don't know about anyone else but I still play.
[url="http://profile.xfire.com/greendc27"][/url]

#80 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:18 PM

Yea, me and Melvin are pretty much on all the time still. I posted a story about what we did yesterday in the PC forum.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#81 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:46 PM

cool. I will try and nab a copy tonight

Posted Image

#82 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:20 PM

I played Saturday with Melvin. He made me... it hurt.

#83 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:18 PM

I played Saturday with Melvin. He made me... it hurt.

Kayden, ya gotta start playing more regularly :cry:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:04 AM

Post your username Casey and I'll join you. I have a starting Elementalist to play with ya.

#85 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:07 AM

Gonna start the game soon too... not sure when, though.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#86 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:29 AM

Actually, I got a really, really tough couple of quests and I have the hardest time finding people to partner for some reason. That's for my tnak character.

#87 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:38 AM

they did not have any coupons left over (don't really feel like using a scanned coupon as I don't really want to deal with the hassle if there are any problems), so I might just wait until I find another deal. Hopefully someone like gogamer will have a deal soon on it as I would like to play it. I need something that is not a FPS to play online

Posted Image

#88 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:00 AM

they did not have any coupons left over (don't really feel like using a scanned coupon as I don't really want to deal with the hassle if there are any problems), so I might just wait until I find another deal. Hopefully someone like gogamer will have a deal soon on it as I would like to play it. I need something that is not a FPS to play online

Cmon, scanned coupons are no problem, I've used about 10 of them now, all with different locations spread amongst different BB locations.

Not sure if you'll ever be able to score the game for $20 anytime soon.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#89 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:27 AM

Cmon, scanned coupons are no problem, I've used about 10 of them now, all with different locations spread amongst different BB locations.

Not sure if you'll ever be able to score the game for $20 anytime soon.

well I just went and told my mom it was something I wanted for Christmas so hopefully someone picks it up. I know it is a lame excuse, but after spending the amount of dough I have over the past month just about anything that can provide mental blockage to stop me from getting an item is great.

I get kind of schizo like this sometimes over purchases

Posted Image

#90 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:36 AM

well I just went and told my mom it was something I wanted for Christmas so hopefully someone picks it up. I know it is a lame excuse, but after spending the amount of dough I have over the past month just about anything that can provide mental blockage to stop me from getting an item is great.

I get kind of schizo like this sometimes over purchases

Believe me, I do it too, but I've wanted to play Guild Wars FOREVER, I just couldn't justify 50 bucks.

$20 is alot easier to swallow, same with Black and White 2 :D

Posted Image