Photo
- - - - -

The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

• Please log in to reply
1253 replies to this topic

#1081 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

You're too slow. The money was to be made a day before and the evening of the event when people didn't know the availability. Now the market is flooded.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1082 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

When the event went live Monday night they were worth a few silver each. :)

#1083 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

yup sugar pumpkins were 1s 40c
black lion chests about 40c
corn about 45c
bags about 2s 40c

there WAS lots of money to be had.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1084 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

I see, I must have missed the boat :rofl:

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1085 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm new to the thread and relatively new to the game.

Is there no CAG guild?

What's a good server full of friendly people? I don't really care about WvW standing, and I'm not looking to do any serious, WoW-style hardcore group stuff.

#1086 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

There aren't any specifically "good" servers. Some are better at WvW than others but as far as friendly people, you're likely to find a couple on every server.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1087 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Yea I think every server has one or two big guilds which works out well for finding groups.

I'm personally on Darkhaven and the wilds seem a bit scarce apart from the dungeon zones and the level 80 areas. I can get a party pretty easily with friends/guild members but if you didn't have that and wanted to party it might be difficult.

As far as WvW goes we've been climbing the ranks quite quickly and have developed a reputation as a "night cap" server. So depending on your play time you might want to find a server/guild that is active at the same time as you are. Darkhaven seems to be most active 7pm PST and later.

Plus, when it comes to dungeons you can party with anyone from any server (as long as its in your same region NA/EU etc.)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1088 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Checked out the Mad King dungeon the other day; basically the 'Onyxia' of GW2 right now. Supposedly the chest drops exotics but from the 3 runs I did on different characters I never got any. Still, he's a walking loot bag plus the chest at the end for 5-10 mins of work isn't bad. Pretty nice if you're still into GW2 but I've moved on to WoW at this point.

#1089 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

I looted an Exotic Pistol on my first run on the Mad King dungeon. I was a happy camper; I also got a bunch of random junk from the little enemies too.

#1090 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

The event going on right now is pretty silly: play simon says until MK takes off and leaves a chest behind. You get a witch's hat for your efforts, which is slightly different than the gem store purchased one. Also, Blackgate has been beating Stormbluff all week apparently and we're in first place lol. I'd blame the storm out east but it goes both ways. Either way, my prediction came true of guilds dropping off after getting bored of winning.

They're going to need more than Halloween events to keep the game going I'm afraid.

#1091 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

This Halloween act is the poorest of them all, without a doubt. Not only does the Mad King only spawn every 30 minutes/1 hour (I don't know for sure), but in reality the whole "act" is basically just a way to get everyone to group together in Lion's Arch. It is pretty boring there actually.

#1092 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

Seems pretty good to me. In GW1 you'd just hang around with the appropriate item in your inventory at the right time, the NPC would give a speech, and you'd get your hat. Actually having to do something is cool and the simon says mini game is pretty fun.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1093 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

I just want the hat. :) What kind of hat is it? I hate hanging around Lion's Arch, though. The frame rate is awful, and I have to sit in the overflow for ages.

#1094 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

I finally bought-in:
Elluum on Darkhaven.

I'm a plant chick with a mushroom for a face.
sudo mklove

#1095 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Ah I see, everyone will be able to find you now since you're a plant person (which nobody else is). :rofl:

Just kidding, too bad you went to a bigger server instead of a failing one like Ferguson's Crossing. They need all the help they can get.

#1096 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I was in Ferg's Crossing, and it was totally dead. I had no idea it was going to be empty since it said "High" for population.

I switched to Tarnished Coast because I like the community, but it's a bit overcrowded. I'll probably stay for the community. If only I could find a medium-pop server with a nice community. :) TC is really great, though.

#1097 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Ferguson's Crossing is nothing impressive, I'll admit. I've been here since the Headstart and they are horrible at WvW and are fairly silent in map chats in most areas but I like the players I've assembled for my guild.

F-Crossing is not a "big" server and lacks the most notable guilds but I don't have a problem with that since I run one of the bigger, best guilds on the server. :shock:

#1098 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

With WvW being such a big part of the endgame in GW2 currently, I wouldn't want to join a server that you know is going to have 0 chance of winning. Its PvP or farm for a legendary.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1099 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Why is "The Crossing" going down in price so much? Seems odd to me that it was 55 a couple days ago and now it is sitting at like just about 50g. That's a fairly big jump.

#1100 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Down? The Crossing was ~25-30 during the event, I had a friend who bought one.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1101 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hm, so the prices are always in flux on that thing apparently?

#1102 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Ah I see, everyone will be able to find you now since you're a plant person (which nobody else is). :rofl:

Just kidding, too bad you went to a bigger server instead of a failing one like Ferguson's Crossing. They need all the help they can get.

No I don't think you understand: She has a mushroom for a head and she's purple. She's purple! ;)

I only went Darkhaven because that's where my buddy is and he's been bugging me to get it since release. Kinda shitty about the whole having one 'home' server though as I'm an altaholic. (unless I misunderstood that prompt as there was beer involved)

I'm really enjoying my time with the game so far and it really does completely change your perspective on an MMO when there's no monthly fee guilting you into playing.
sudo mklove

#1103 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Yup, it's so nice not to have a monthly fee and the obsessive guilt driving me to burn-out.

#1104 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

No I don't think you understand: She has a mushroom for a head and she's purple. She's purple! ;)

OK then, I think that is pretty unique. :rofl: I haven't seen any purple tree people running around.

#1105 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Thinking of picking this up, do they have a referal bonus or free trial?

fs_overall.png

#1106 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Thinking of picking this up, do they have a referal bonus or free trial?

Why what good timing on your end:
https://forum-en.gui...Trial-is-Coming

We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial. You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.
To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.
We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!

Probably worth noting that the launcher (22MBs) downloads ~15GBs of game data and there's no play now while the rest downloads in the background type option so it'd be best to get going sooner rather than later.
Windows Client
Mac Beta Client

Edited by Fell Open Ian, 11 November 2012 - 05:59 PM.

sudo mklove

#1107 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Lost Shores should be interesting, considering it is just a little added content for no real reason. It is being thrown in between Halloween and Christmas, so I don't expect anything monumental but maybe some AH prices will skyrocket on some things again. :fridge:

#1108 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Anyone care to share a Referal?

fs_overall.png

#1109 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

Also would love a Referral! Have been wanting to try this game out ever since the mac client was announced (big fan of Guild Wars 1 when it originally came out).

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#1110 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

A friend of mine let me get at his account, where I created an Asura Engineer. I'm diggin the style. So I might pick it up this evening after finishing up some reflection papers. What is a good server to get on? Is there a CAG guild?

fs_overall.png