The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

• Please log in to reply
1253 replies to this topic

#1111 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

No CAG guild, as far as I know, which is a bit shocking and sad.

It's really hard to pick a server. I went with Tarnished Coast because it's the unofficial RP server. I don't RP, but it seems to have the best people on it. I'm enjoying it. I think TC must mostly be older folks, which seems to lead to a better experience. I like younger folk, but I have to admit it's nicer without having to hear about boobs and chuck norris constantly.

#1112 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

I ended up picking it up with some credit I had at Best Buy. Probably stick with an Asura Engineer since I had fun testing out the game with one.

fs_overall.png

#1113 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yup, I knew it; I'm already looking at my 4 out of 5 filled character slots and thinking about dropping another $30 just to have 8 slots total. (I'll wait for a sale or something but I really want one of each profession in my stable)

I decided to stray a bit from casters and start a Norn Guardian knowing full-well that I gravitate away from both melee classes and boring human-like races. Ug...she's my favorite damn character now.:booty:
Posted Image
sudo mklove

#1114 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Guardians are a lot of fun!! I'm enjoying my ranger and finding it to be what I always wished the hunter was in WoW. The beauty of Guild Wars 2 is that you can play any class basically however you want.

#1115 EspressoSnail

EspressoSnail

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm in Anvil Rock. If people want invites just pm me and I'll see what I can do.

#1116 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Can you invite people to servers?

#1117 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Also the Referrals are not till the 15th I believe they must have kicked it back a few days.

Can you guys recommend any decent sites for GW2?

fs_overall.png

#1118 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Here are the details for the referrals:

Invite a Friend to Play Guild Wars 2 for Free

Share Guild Wars 2 with a friend! They’ll receive an invite with a special code that will allow them to create an account and log in to play for free between November 15 and 18, 2012. Our supply of free invite codes is limited, so invite your friends today!

I'm wondering if we should setup something in the freebies forum or just do it here.(?)
sudo mklove

#1119 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Should Probably do both. I ended up picking Ferguson's Crossing. Looking for a casual guild now. Any one have recommendations?

fs_overall.png

#1120 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

You could always join mine. It is a top guild on the server.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1121 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

I just joined TBF. I'm a casual player, but I'm Frostybroc ingame as well

fs_overall.png

#1122 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

TBF? Never heard of them.

What is the full guild name?

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1123 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

The Big Fellas. I'm only lvl 9 atm .

fs_overall.png

#1124 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Still never heard of them. If you want, you can PM me and I'll give you my name on GW2 so you can get ahold of me. You're welcome to join up with my guild. Extremely organized and helpful, not to mention well respected, large and a top guild on the server.

#1125 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Can't wait for the Lost Shores event loved the Halloween stuff any other cags on SBI?
Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#1126 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Lost Shores will be nice, but what will be the lasting appeal of this little update is the Fractal of the Mists. The question I have is...what kind of dungeon tokens will it drop? Tokens to get Accended armor I guess?

#1127 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

I'm on SBI

With the tokens, you can buy a bunch of stuff.

one of the highlights are 20 slotted bags!

#1128 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Damn that is a highlight.

fs_overall.png

#1129 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Yeah I was pumped when I found the little 10 slot trick or treat bag the Mad King dropped, 20 slot would be nice for sure.
Posted Image

#1130 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

Well that first bit of the event was disappointing but I was doing it the second that it started so it was a complete clusterfuck of players and skill lag.
sudo mklove

#1131 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

hard to get a scale 5 group for FotM right now. hopefully more people there tomorrow.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1132 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Is it even worth logging on for? I mean, Halloween was pretty awesome but an event without a holiday behind it just lacks motivation. WoW just has my full attention atm heh.

#1133 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Are the tokens/items from token going to still be around after this weekend? I would kind of hope so given the amount of tokens needed for some items.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#1134 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Just full of glitches, I can't even refer a friend. Tells me its Not Available.

fs_overall.png

#1135 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

The event was cool in design but terrible in execution. The lag was crazy on Phase 1. Then I couldn't complete the quest chain not too much of a biggie since the reward was meh. I loved Phase 2 taking LA back and then boarding the ship and building up the new zone. Phase 3 was long and annoying and was buggy as hell. Took me 3 hours to beat in the over flow I was on. The reinforcements took forever to get rid of. At the end of all of it I got a 20 slot bag and some other items not for my class to make some money on the market. I enjoyed the event but wished it was more like Mad King and more instanced based.
Posted Image

#1136 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Dead event boss thingie:
Posted Image
Giant Chest:
Posted Image
Loot:
Posted Image
sudo mklove

#1137 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

The event was cool in design but terrible in execution. The lag was crazy on Phase 1. Then I couldn't complete the quest chain not too much of a biggie since the reward was meh. I loved Phase 2 taking LA back and then boarding the ship and building up the new zone. Phase 3 was long and annoying and was buggy as hell. Took me 3 hours to beat in the over flow I was on. The reinforcements took forever to get rid of. At the end of all of it I got a 20 slot bag and some other items not for my class to make some money on the market. I enjoyed the event but wished it was more like Mad King and more instanced based.

Imagine this same, exact experience, EXCEPT, at the end of the massive 3-hour battle... you crash to desktop. That's what happened to me. I logged back in, and whether I was on the same overflow or another, I don't know, but the boss was already dead and charred, and there was no reward chest. I then switched to another overflow, and it was at the BEGINNING of the whole battle! There was no way I was going to stay up ANOTHER 3 hours. I would have been up until 6am, and I had to get up at 7!

:( Really crappy luck. I would have been happy with a 20 slot bag and whatever other doo-dads.

#1138 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Ug...3 hours and then a CTD? That sucks bigtime.

I think the whole event took us like 90 minutes but I had beer at the ready so it went by pretty quickly.

Was rad to see engineers with a solid line of mortars and turrets and basically everyone there making sure that not a damn person went un-rezzed throughout. (I spent a good amount of time switching between greatsword in the fray and then scepter and focus while resurrecting people)

I definitely had a good time and it melted away the disappointment I felt on the first day...but then loot will do that I guess. (and yeah the whole event was in an overflow...hell my whole time logged in was in an overflow)
sudo mklove

#1139 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

And I miss that event. Nice...

#1140 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

WTF 3 hour boss fights?! Are they taking pages of bad design from FFXI? Wow, really glad I didn't waste my time then for a shitty 20 slot bag. My characters have full 15 slot bags and never run out of room regardless. Hope whatever holiday event they have next isn't such a limited run or retarded in conception.