Photo
- - - - -

The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

• Please log in to reply
1255 replies to this topic

#1171 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

I don't seem to be able to find "Riveted" armor set. I believe it is a Karma-bought set. I haven't seen "Commando" armor either. Both of them intrigue me a lot but I can't find them.

Riveted should be in the Iron Marches at a heart dude, Helo Murkhaunt. I say this because the item description has a quote from him and the other items available include a trinket referencing the battle of Granite Front, so I'd check the heart guys around there.

Commando is via story rewards only.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1172 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Story rewards only, eh? Hmm...

Thanks for the tip on the Riveted armor though. I don't know where the Iron Marches is - despite being a level 80 - but I'm sure I will find it. :rofl:

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1173 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Found this blog post surfing through the GW2Guru boards. Pretty good stuff for someone new to the game. Been running through other low areas for Skill points, karma, and xp.
4WytjRR.png
Team CAG is looking for more members to help raise money, doing you could win free games, and swag. Best of all you're helping out kids who are in need. Sign up!

#1174 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

What blog post?

#1175 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Sorry

http://castaa.blogspot.com
4WytjRR.png
Team CAG is looking for more members to help raise money, doing you could win free games, and swag. Best of all you're helping out kids who are in need. Sign up!

#1176 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Yeah, that is good! I wish I'd read it before I started playing, too. :P

#1177 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hoping someone can answer this here,

Ive seen many people talk about specific armor sets for their "look" once they get to 80 or so, Is there a way to "transfer" a style of armor to your current armor set? DCUO does something like this.
4WytjRR.png

#1178 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Yup, you can use transmutation stones for that. You need two pieces of armor and a stone (you can do this at any level). You get a screen showing both pieces, and you choose one look, one set of stats, and one set of modifications from amongst the attributes of the two pieces. In the process, both pieces are destroyed and a new piece is born.

If that makes sense... almost have to do it to understand it.

#1179 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Jesse, yeah it makes sense. Anyone have a site with the armor styles on it?
4WytjRR.png

#1180 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I spent 7.9 gold I earned on Tier 2 Cultrual Armor and then found out I could have bought Level 80 Vigil Armor for like 1 gold more. Woe is me.
Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#1181 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

I spent 7.9 gold I earned on Tier 2 Cultrual Armor and then found out I could have bought Level 80 Vigil Armor for like 1 gold more. Woe is me.

There are a ton of gold sinks and things that make you feel stupid in this game when it comes to money. Lots of ways to lose it and the prices on the auction house are allll over the place when it comes to items.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1182 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hope everyone is enjoying Wintersday! Ran Tixx yesterday and had a blast.
4WytjRR.png

#1183 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I don't think I'll get a chance to play until this weekend. am I gonna miss stuff?? :( :(

#1184 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

No, Tixx is visiting cities atm, but you'll able to run all the dungeons till January (or so I heard)

I also heard from the Tixx dungeons, you'll only be able to make 2 mini's per account.

Lastly, ArenaNet released the Wintersday tracks on Soundcloud.

The Great Toymaker is my favorite. Listen on Soundcloud.com
4WytjRR.png

#1185 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

After a 1.5gig patch, I was sorry I even logged on for the event. I grabbed a pug to do the dungeon and we ran around for 15 minutes filling some sludge machines that would reset every time we filled one or the other. The quest tracker offered no help other than two meters for each machine, so we gave up trying to guess what to do. Could've googled it but when I have to be told how to do content by someone other than the designers, then I'd rather just log.

At least LA looked nice. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1186 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

After a 1.5gig patch, I was sorry I even logged on for the event. I grabbed a pug to do the dungeon and we ran around for 15 minutes filling some sludge machines that would reset every time we filled one or the other. The quest tracker offered no help other than two meters for each machine, so we gave up trying to guess what to do. Could've googled it but when I have to be told how to do content by someone other than the designers, then I'd rather just log.

At least LA looked nice. . .

If you spent a minute on observing what was happening...

(some things can't be spoon fed to poeple).

You had to gum up the machines on both sides, while skritt were removing the gunk from the machines.

You beat tar, pick up the goop and drop it, while killing skritt.

maybe since there are a lot of "you" they completely removed the interesting thing from all future dungeon spawns.

#1187 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

If you couldn't figure out how to work the sludge portion of the Tixx dungeon, that is on you. I didn't see many people having that problem.

Also, like I said you go in being a downer. You don't expect or anticipate anything decent. You've obviously got no interest in the game, so stop playing it.

#1188 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

If you couldn't figure out how to work the sludge portion of the Tixx dungeon, that is on you. I didn't see many people having that problem.

Also, like I said you go in being a downer. You don't expect or anticipate anything decent. You've obviously got no interest in the game, so stop playing it.

My group and I were all clueless; I even asked what to do and they said just put the sludge in the machine. One guy even said he didn't know why it wasn't working, because he had done it earlier no problem. Then people just started leaving group until I was alone. Had no trouble with the Halloween dungeon, so it seemed to me people just wanted to be carried (myself included, probably because we were all just logging in for the event after months lol) and since I had no real interest I just logged.

At any rate, I went in with no expectations and was disappointed, that's all.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1189 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Logged in yesterday and noticed they finally put the Digital Deluxe Upgrade on sale for 1600 Gems ~ $20. If it was $10 I would've bought it, but glad to finally see it on sale.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#1190 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

sale in the store 4th, 5th, 6th.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1191 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

My group and I were all clueless; I even asked what to do and they said just put the sludge in the machine. One guy even said he didn't know why it wasn't working, because he had done it earlier no problem. Then people just started leaving group until I was alone. Had no trouble with the Halloween dungeon, so it seemed to me people just wanted to be carried (myself included, probably because we were all just logging in for the event after months lol) and since I had no real interest I just logged.

At any rate, I went in with no expectations and was disappointed, that's all.

you went in to be spoon fed, and as soon at it came to some reading and map comprehension, you just failed yourself. not the game.

And you gave up on only the first try? :roll:

#1192 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

sale in the store 4th, 5th, 6th.

Thanks for the heads up! I missed the first day. Managed to miss the whole winter holiday thing on there, too. :(

nothing for me today. Did I miss anything great yesterday?

The prices for the makeover kit are exorbitant. A new haircut might be fun, but jeez.

I still don't get why they don't offer more armor skins and town clothes and stuff. But I guess if their prices were any indicator, I'd be too cheap to buy them anyway. :)

I did buy more bank slots... and might buy even more eventually.

#1193 BringIt2ThePit

BringIt2ThePit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Could someone send me a Refer-A-Friend link to my e-mail. I'm just getting into PC gaming and wanted try a MMO RPG and I'm digging this from all the videos etc. PM me send it to PatRock1983@gmail.com
Posted Image

#1194 BringIt2ThePit

BringIt2ThePit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Broke down and bought it the other day without trying it... And I'm SOOO blown away! I can't I've missed out on years of MMO gaming because I was too stubborn and stuck on consoles.

I'm about to hit a 20 on my Norn Ranger... friend me I'd like to join a guild and make some friends to play with I'm PatRock.1860
Posted Image

#1195 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Glad you like it! What server are you on?

I should have bought a second copy when it was $29.99. Are there any deals left? My fiancee wants to play with me!

#1196 BringIt2ThePit

BringIt2ThePit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

No, no deals I looked everywhere. I ended up returning an unopened copy of Dishonored for XBOX and exchanged it ($59.99). I technically got the game for $20, since I bought Dishonored on Black Friday. I told them it was a Christmas gift and I didn't want it. LOL. They've screwed me enough with trades, so I don't feel bad.
Posted Image

#1197 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

After months of hunting for a decent priced gaming rig (I was baaaa-roke for a long time!), I finally got one and the first thing I did was install this game. HOLY CRAP. Totally blown away. I'm not a huge MMO guy, as the only other "MMO" I've ever played was Guild Wars. So much more to learn and do. I love it, though.

If anyone wants to pal around with me or wants a new guildie, let me know! I was one of the main officers of my old guild in GW1, but the majority of that guild has disappeared, so I'll be more than willing to help anywhere I'm welcomed.

Just shoot me a PM. :)
MLIFTgM.gif

#1198 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I'm on the lookout for a deal on GW2 for my fiancee. I should have bought it at Christmas! Why I didn't, I have no idea.

#1199 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm on the lookout for a deal on GW2 for my fiancee. I should have bought it at Christmas! Why I didn't, I have no idea.

Some sellers on eBay sell the serial key only for $35-ish. Full retail packaging on eBay goes for $38-$41 on average. Probably the best you'll find for awhile.
MLIFTgM.gif

#1200 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

A serial for $35 sounds pretty good. I'd be a little nervous buying a serial number off of eBay, though.