Photo
- - - - -

St. Louis Deals

• Please log in to reply
1329 replies to this topic

#961 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

anyone looking for a Mass Effect 3 CE, the Best Buy at Mid Rivers Mall had 1 for 360, and about 5 for PS3 as of 5pm tonight. Would have posted sooner, but I was leaving town and had a 3 hour drive home.

#962 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Target at Hampton Village had Bulletstorm for 8.98. I picked one up for 360 while its not normally a game I would play I imagine I will have 9 dollars of fun with it. Might want to check other Targets close if you are interested
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#963 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

Target at Hampton Village had Bulletstorm for 8.98. I picked one up for 360 while its not normally a game I would play I imagine I will have 9 dollars of fun with it. Might want to check other Targets close if you are interested

You know these are 5 bucks at BB if you have the magazine right? Obivously 9 is cheaper than 5 + 4.99 for the mag, though.

#964 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

didnt know, I dont get @gamer anymore. they wanted 14.99 or something for a year and I never saw a coupon I wanted before and didnt care for the magazine much.

#965 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Speaking of Hampton Village, just read an article about an unclaimed $1 million powerball ticket bought at the Schnucks last month. Check your tickets if you bought one at that store.

#966 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

I was at South County Mall tonight and both the GS and EB Games INSIDE the mall had signs for 50% extra TIV on ALL games on their front window. I drove by the one outside by Bread Co. and it didn't have a sign so go inside the mall to trade your stuff.

Went inside V-Stock as well for the first time, impressive how much stuff they have there. I feel sorry for Bodach of Bodach's Games in Arnold as I'm sure that's hurt his business even that far away.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#967 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

Heh, I came across this today for those that may be interested:

http://www.kickstart...louiss-geek-bar
(Google Map Planned Location)

#968 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Heh, I came across this today for those that may be interested:

http://www.kickstart...louiss-geek-bar
(Google Map Planned Location)

Cool idea, but there's already an arcade bar in that (near) abandoned mall in West County.

#969 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

confuseousprime - where?

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#970 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Cool idea, but there's already an arcade bar in that (near) abandoned mall in West County.

confuseousprime - where?

I assume he's talking about Crestwood mall. There is a lot of unusual stuff going on in that mall. I think it is going to officially die once that Sears closes (which I think I heard it is closing). But there is a game shop, seems like a bunch of anime shops, several dance schools, train hobby shops, seems like a bunch of kind of niche hobby shops just sort of took up residence in there. It's a cool idea, but I would guess it doesn't make a lot of money compared to "traditional" mall stores -- and that the owners only even agreed to rent to the niche stores in order to avoid an Excessive Vacancies clause in Sears' lease.

#971 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

I like the arcade store at Crestwood, I always am tempted to buy a pinball machine there

#972 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

So is there an actual bar with arcade games at Crestwood, or just a shop? Either way, the 8-bit bar idea sounds hella awesome and I hope it gets off the ground.

#973 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

I like the arcade store at Crestwood, I always am tempted to buy a pinball machine there

How are the prices usually?

#974 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

Its a shop where a guy who used to work at exhilerama years ago sells used arcade machines. Prices aren't bad I dont think. really depends on the game and shape. He had a Gauntlet Dark Legacy 4 player one but the CRT wasn't very good. a few juke boxes too. and lots of pinball games. Not sure if its better or worse than stuff on Craigslist but it is neat to see it all sitting there. He is really friendly and said he will deliver the machine to your house.

I am pretty sure he opens 12pm most days

#975 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

Its a shop where a guy who used to work at exhilerama years ago sells used arcade machines. Prices aren't bad I dont think. really depends on the game and shape. He had a Gauntlet Dark Legacy 4 player one but the CRT wasn't very good. a few juke boxes too. and lots of pinball games. Not sure if its better or worse than stuff on Craigslist but it is neat to see it all sitting there. He is really friendly and said he will deliver the machine to your house.

I am pretty sure he opens 12pm most days

I actually made it over there today before I caught my flight home. Really cool guy. He sold the Neo Geo cabinet I might have been interested in...

#976 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Yeah I saw that one also and thought about it since you can swap boards on it pretty easy and get different games

#977 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

I don't know what GS are doing it, but at least Manchester is doing 50%/60% extra on trade ins this weekend.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#978 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

All the cheap CE at TRU in both SC and Sunset Hills were pulled by employees this morning and are gone. I got the last copy of Star Ocean 360 for $10 at SC.

42869.png

#979 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yeah it's all GS doing the 50%/60% bonus thru April 1. A lot of the TIV have dropped $1-$2 but you can still get around $35 for stuff like Skyrim, MW3, etc. The recent releases from Feb.-March like ME 3, Amalur, etc. should get you close to $40.

42869.png

#980 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

yeah i stopped by that tru a few days ago and yep all sold out/pulled.
i used to love that crestwood mall with gamestop, hot topic, victorias secret and fredericks hollywood and exhilirama and 2 book stores. it was an awesome mall and great to pick up raver goth chix. now it is a graveyard. i sometimes go to that animeggroll but i dont even go to that arcade bar place. such a shame

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#981 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

I remember being in high school in the 90's and Crestwood was THE mall to hang out at on Friday or Saturday night. It was so packed you could barely walk down by the Sears. Sad what the years have down to the place.

#982 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Anyone interested in getting FF 13-2 w/novel on sale at BB after coupon:
After I left SC BB @ 11:30 on 4-1, they had 2 copies left on PS3 and 4 left on 360.

Edited by MSUHitman, 02 April 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#983 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Anyone interested in getting FF 13-2 w/novel on sale at BB after coupon:
After I left SC BB @ 11:30 on 4-1, they had 2 copies left on PS3 and 4 left on 360.

Bridgeton Best Buy had 6 copies on 360 when I was there yesterday.

536739.png

#984 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Assuming the list linked in this thread is correct, we're losing two of our Best Buy stores in the 50 being closed down:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=319188

One of them is Ellisville, which isn't a shock due to location and due to age, plus the Manchester store at 141 & Manchester is much better, bigger and newer. The one that is a shock is the Chesterfield Valley store, which is a Magnolia Best Buy as well, so that one being closed down doesn't make any sense.

#985 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Only thing I can think of w/Chesterfield Valley is despite the awesome location, that store seemed to get far less business than other stores. The few times I was in that area, it was always easy to get sale/clearance/penny items than the BB stores in Fenton/SC.

42869.png

#986 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

that store in the Valley is usually pretty dead when I have been in there

#987 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Where do you guys shop for food? What type of grocer is Dierbergs? I usually shop at Publix here in the South, but I don't see anything like that in St. Louis...

#988 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Where do you guys shop for food? What type of grocer is Dierbergs? I usually shop at Publix here in the South, but I don't see anything like that in St. Louis...

Majority of the grocery stores will be Schnucks and Dierbergs. You will also find Shop & Save's and Aldi's, but those will be found a lot less around the area.

Also, pretty much each area has a Sam's, Costco, or both. They can be good if you want the bulk food. Most of the Walmarts and Targets also have food sections too.

Most people you talk to will prefer Schnucks to Dierbergs, mainly since Dierbergs is on the more pricey end. It all really comes down to location and what you will find near you. I usually look at the ad's and go where the better one will be that week. I have a Schnucks, Dierbergs, Costco, and Sams all about 5-8 minutes from me so I just pick the better deals.

RPGHope18.png

#989 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Some other options as well:

Whole Foods is also in the area, with the two main stores I know of being in Chesterfield and Brentwood.
Trader Joes is out in the area as well, with a number of stores in the area in Chesterfield, Creve Coeur and Brentwood.

For a more higher-end grocery option, there's Straubs Market, which is in Town and Country, the Central West End, Webster Groves and Clayton.

There are also some other random mom and pop grocery stores around the area, though the big ones are Schnucks and Dierbergs, followed by Shop & Save and Aldi's.

Personally, I tend to go to Schnucks and Dierbergs depending on what's in their ad fliers for the week, plus Costco and Sam's Club. Like RPGHope18, I also have a Costco, Sam's Club, Schnucks and Dierbergs plus Target and Walmart within 5-10 minutes of me, so there's numerous options for me. I've been impressed with the options that Target and Walmart carry for groceries now, though not all of the stores in the area have converted over to groceries, I think.

#990 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Cool. Thanks for the opinions. Sounds like I am leaning more towards Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Straubs, and Dierbergs. I just hope it doesn't take 45 minutes to get to them from O'Fallon...