St. Louis Deals

• Please log in to reply
1359 replies to this topic

#991 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

I do aldi's schnucks and dierbergs myself. We have even been using Target for food since they added it in.
122445.png

#992 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

I generally prefer Dierbergs over Snucks but that's because the one in my area has an awesome deli section. A little bit of a tangent but there's a great international market in Kirkwood, so if you are into that sort of thing you should really check it out.

#993 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

I generally prefer Dierbergs over Snucks but that's because the one in my area has an awesome deli section. A little bit of a tangent but there's a great international market in Kirkwood, so if you are into that sort of thing you should really check it out.

Would you happen to know the name of that market?

#994 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Would you happen to know the name of that market?

I think it's this one:

http://www.globalfoodsmarket.com/

#995 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

I think it's this one:

http://www.globalfoodsmarket.com/

Thanks. I'll hit them up the first week I'm in town. Counting the days now...

#996 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Thanks. I'll hit them up the first week I'm in town. Counting the days now...

Don't forget to take at least one trip to Soulard Market at some point. Even if you end up deciding not to go there again, it's quite the experience if you've never been to a farmers market before.

#997 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Don't forget to take at least one trip to Soulard Market at some point. Even if you end up deciding not to go there again, it's quite the experience if you've never been to a farmers market before.

That's on the list too. I actually went there back during st. Pats. I couldn't buy anything then, but I plan on making that a regular occurrence unless I find something comparable near O'Fallon.

#998 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

and eat at Joanie's Pizzeria while you are in Soulard too!
122445.png

#999 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

News outed over the weekend that the Ellisville BB store is closing in the St. Louis area, and it's the only one.

Supposedly will be closed by mid-May, like May 12th or something around that timeframe.

From the KMOX website:
http://stlouis.cbslo...-st-louis-area/

#1000 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

that one doesnt surprise me, bad location and still setup in the old store layout. hard to see from the road too
122445.png

#1001 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

That's it -- it's great because it has a little bit of everything. Soulards is pretty good too but there are local alternatives in almost every town, so you should be able to find something similar in your town.

#1002 stiner

stiner

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

The Ellisville bestbuy will still take @gamer coupons. They have the Darkness 2 marked down to $32 and the coupon makes it $22+tax. I didn't see any copies of Yakuza: Dead Souls (now that I haven't seen this in the manchester store either). They also had Steeldiver and Pilotwings for 3DS marked at $32, so $12+tax after the coupon.

And I would like to add they had all vita games marked 20% off unlick everything else. They just picked and chose titles to mark down, I wanted to grab Soul Calibur V CE but it was still full price. If anyone is interested.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1003 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

stl brahs....if anyone wants in on the uncharted 3 deal @ target, the florrisant one has only 2 left in the bin...

#1004 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Anyone have feedback from the Target Mobile trade-in promotion? Which Target in/around SC/Fenton should one go to and which should be avoided? Going to trade in CoD 2 and Bullet Witch for Sonic Generations.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1005 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

I was going to hit the SC Target this afternoon and try to do some trades, would've gone to that one and Kirkwood on the way home had I not left work as late as I did.

Assuming SC is no issue, I'll do all my trades there, otherwise, I'll go to either Fenton or Kirkwood, probably Kirkwood.

Also, in unrelated news, St. Louis now has four Five Below stores, according to yesterday's news. Stores are supposed to be in Chesterfield, Ballwin, Brentwood and Fairview Heights.

#1006 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

First day in STL and I manage to get hail damage on my car. Do you guys know any body shops that might fix a dent for a reasonable price?

#1007 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

First day in STL and I manage to get hail damage on my car. Do you guys know any body shops that might fix a dent for a reasonable price?

That sucks man. The storms we had yesterday were wicked, I was caught on the highway coming back from a movie and it sucked. I've got nothing on the body shop front for you though.

Anyone have feedback from the Target Mobile trade-in promotion? Which Target in/around SC/Fenton should one go to and which should be avoided? Going to trade in CoD 2 and Bullet Witch for Sonic Generations.

I hit up the Hampton one and there were no issues with my trade in -- picked up Dead Island although I was tempted by Sonic Generations.

#1008 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

That sucks man. The storms we had yesterday were wicked, I was caught on the highway coming back from a movie and it sucked. I've got nothing on the body shop front for you though.

I hit up the Hampton one and there were no issues with my trade in -- picked up Dead Island although I was tempted by Sonic Generations.

Sure does suck. Glad I wasnt hurt, as I happened to be driving right next to the stadium when that hail started.

For anyone looking for Disney Universe, Mid River Mall Best Buy is completely out of stock...

#1009 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

are best buy districts posted anywhere and which stores are in what district?

#1010 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

are best buy districts posted anywhere and which stores are in what district?

Huh?

#1011 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Huh?

I have a feeling this relates to a BB trading ban by a DM.

Don't know about BB, but anyone who gets banned from GS anywhere from West County Mall-south (ask Velo214) is out of luck as all of those GS (WCM, Chesterfield Commons, Manchester, Sunset, Eureka, Fenton, Arnold, all of the SC stores including Telegraph, then all the stores down I-55 all the way to Cape Girardeau and the stores down I-44 to Washington) are run by the same DM.

Edited by MSUHitman, 04 May 2012 - 04:35 PM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1012 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

Don't know about BB, but anyone who gets banned from GS anywhere from West County Mall-south (ask Velo214) is out of luck as all of those GS (WCM, Chesterfield Commons, Manchester, Sunset, Eureka, Fenton, Arnold, all of the SC stores including Telegraph, then all the stores down I-55 all the way to Cape Girardeau) are run by the same DM.

Not a ban, but a particular overzealous manager has over-extended his reach and I'm sure is using the DM as his proxy to make my experience at all stores in this district miserable.

SC = Saint Charles? What about Belleville, IL?

#1013 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

Don't know about BB, but anyone who gets banned from GS anywhere from West County Mall-south (ask Velo214) is out of luck as all of those GS (WCM, Chesterfield Commons, Manchester, Sunset, Eureka, Fenton, Arnold, all of the SC stores including Telegraph, then all the stores down I-55 all the way to Cape Girardeau) are run by the same DM.

If I had to guess about how they break down, most likely the dividing line between north and south would be Hwy 40.

I'd guess that the Manchester, Fenton, Crestwood, and South County stores are under one DM, while Chesterfield, Bridgeton, St. Peters and Brentwood are under another DM. Fairview Heights, IL and Edwardsville, IL might also be the same DM as the other stores in the Chesterfield/Bridgeton/Brentwood/St. Peters group.

This is me just guessing at it, though that would be the logical blocks of organization I can think of for the St. Louis area. They could all be under one DM for what I know of it.

Not a ban, but a particular overzealous manager has over-extended his reach and I'm sure is using the DM as his proxy to make my experience at all stores in this district miserable.

SC = Saint Charles? What about Belleville, IL?

SC would be South County, not Saint Charles.

Details about his "reach" and what happened is always good to share for those of us trying to avoid asshat managers.

#1014 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

If I had to guess about how they break down, most likely the dividing line between north and south would be Hwy 40.

I'd guess that the Manchester, Fenton, Crestwood, and South County stores are under one DM, while Chesterfield, Bridgeton, St. Peters and Brentwood are under another DM. Fairview Heights, IL and Edwardsville, IL might also be the same DM as the other stores in the Chesterfield/Bridgeton/Brentwood/St. Peters group.

This is me just guessing at it, though that would be the logical blocks of organization I can think of for the St. Louis area. They could all be under one DM for what I know of it.

SC would be South County, not Saint Charles.

Details about his "reach" and what happened is always good to share for those of us trying to avoid asshat managers.

So, is Saint Charles not within the same district as those other stores? The Bridgeton stores and the Mid Rivers stores are at a different district?

Well, I figured that any one manager at any single BBY has no authority in the rest of them, but if he's using the DM, which is a position I'm told that doesn't give much of a Fuck about consumer complaints and probably just auto-signed whatever this guy told him to do, it makes sense why what this one manager said affects me in all stores in the district.

ProTip: Don't go to Brentwood

#1015 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

Details please. Perhaps they won't listen to one person but if enough word gets out there not to shop at this BB because of X incident then they might change their tune.

And all the posters here are just supposing -- we have no way to know how the stores are divided or even if they are divided by district. These lines tend to be pretty arbitrary. The only way you could know where the lines are drawn is if you were or are a current BB employee, and even then you'd probably have to be management to know.

I know a guy that works for BB, I'll ask him next time I see him, but it may be a while.

#1016 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

So I figured we'd start listing what Target's had what in terms of Kindle Fire in anticipation of the potential clearance.

Fenton has 8 units left, still full price.

42869.png

#1017 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

well i have 2 days left of my vacation, I guess I will go look for Kindles see if they are clearanced or not
122445.png

#1018 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

So, is Saint Charles not within the same district as those other stores? The Bridgeton stores and the Mid Rivers stores are at a different district?

Well, I figured that any one manager at any single BBY has no authority in the rest of them, but if he's using the DM, which is a position I'm told that doesn't give much of a Fuck about consumer complaints and probably just auto-signed whatever this guy told him to do, it makes sense why what this one manager said affects me in all stores in the district.

ProTip: Don't go to Brentwood

The brentwood store is so bad. I can't get a straight answer from anyone there about anything. I'm glad I gave up on BB months ago and only use them for when they are selling something crazy cheap.

Pretty much all the stores in STL have some really, really bad attributes. I feel like the St. Charles store must be in a different district that has a DM with a brain, but who knows.

#1019 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

The brentwood store is so bad. I can't get a straight answer from anyone there about anything. I'm glad I gave up on BB months ago and only use them for when they are selling something crazy cheap.

Pretty much all the stores in STL have some really, really bad attributes. I feel like the St. Charles store must be in a different district that has a DM with a brain, but who knows.

I hope you're right about STC > STL. Though every other store was ok until this "incident", and I've been treated like complete shit since. So, unless STC is in a different district, this little message that was sent out must be pretty severe. Whatever. I hope I'm not going to be disallowed from price-matching. Either way, I'll just try to use up my remaining credit and GTFO like they want me to.

#1020 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

went to target on the rock rd, they had kindle fires but not on clearance. if anyone sees any at 30% off anywhere let me know.
122445.png