Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/17/2014

• Please log in to reply
425 replies to this topic

#331 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

Checked where? As far as every trade I've ever done, it's been lower sends 1st under any circumstances (even when I was lower, even other trader using paypal). It's really up to each individual, though, but I don't see why 'lower feedback goes 1st' changes when it's money, as trades go bad just as often.

Here when I first started trading.

I don't know why it was that way either, I just know it was the generally accepted norm when I started trading on here a few years ago. Haven't really trade in a while though, so I didn't know if the "rule" changed.

#332 famousmortimer

famousmortimer

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:10 AM

I didn't see this in the rules as a no-no but figured i would ask before attempting it... is it legal to sell/trade an xbox 360 account on here?

#333 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

I didn't see this in the rules as a no-no but figured i would ask before attempting it... is it legal to sell/trade an xbox 360 account on here?

No.

http://www.xbox.com/...l/codeofconduct
"Don’t lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual."

#334 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

Is this still in effect? Some asshole on here is demanding that I pay his seller fees or PayPal Gift him in order to buy a DLC code off of him. :hot:

Move on?

#335 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Question.

I want to sell many older PC games I no longer have space for, but, I really can't afford to send first. Mostly because these are really older games and weigh a lot.

I know I have 1 feedback, but I'm still allowed to ask for the money upfront, right? I'm not here to scam people, I'd rather just sell these things than just throw them away. :(

foxhack.jpg

#336 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

Question.

I want to sell many older PC games I no longer have space for, but, I really can't afford to send first. Mostly because these are really older games and weigh a lot.

I know I have 1 feedback, but I'm still allowed to ask for the money upfront, right? I'm not here to scam people, I'd rather just sell these things than just throw them away. :(

Ya, you can ask for money first, but there probably wont be many people who'd want to trade with you. I'd try buying/trading with some highest feedback people to increase your iTrader rating.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#337 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

Question.

It's your tradelist. You can do what you want as long as you don't break CAG's rules (which this does not, if that's what you were asking). Some people choose not to send until they recieve the cash (when they are selling), regardless of feedback. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Most here abide by the "lowest goes first," creed, so you may have trouble finding buyers, as sasukekun said.

#338 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

It's your tradelist. You can do what you want as long as you don't break CAG's rules (which this does not, if that's what you were asking). Some people choose not to send until they recieve the cash (when they are selling), regardless of feedback. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Most here abide by the "lowest goes first," creed, so you may have trouble finding buyers, as sasukekun said.

If I had the cash to spare, I'd send first. But, I don't. Most of these items are going to be $1-$3 anyway, I'm not looking to make much profit out of them. Resellers may want to take advantage of this sale, though, so...

foxhack.jpg

#339 star65

star65

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

when paying by paypal which option is best to choose, personal or purchase and then what under that.

#340 Nightfox31

Nightfox31

Aya Brea Lover

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

To be honest I always use the "other", "payments owed" options because it is actually owed to that person and there aren't any fees.

@Kitsune Sniper-Generally CAGs with higher feedback don't mind paying first but the reason there is a feedback system is so we don't get ripped by "noobies" who just create an account to rip people off. If also depends on the items. For items, that are that low priced normally noone has a problem paying first. Its when if you were selling a PS3 or another high dollar amount that people would be worried about being ripped off.
Now Playing:
Posted Image Ghostbusters
Posted Image Castlevania Chronicles
:ps2: Futurama
Posted Image The Lost Vikings
Posted Image
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292177

#341 star65

star65

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

To be honest I always use the "other", "payments owed" options because it is actually owed to that person and there aren't any fees.

thanks.
i have had a few purchases and had to ask as there was nowhere that states which to use.

#342 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

And that's completely against Paypal's TOS and not allowed on CAG:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=250288

#343 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

Nice to see the questionable code officially added onto the restrictions so there will be no questions about it now.
Posted Image

#344 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

Nice to see the questionable code officially added onto the restrictions so there will be no questions about it now.

Sucks it took away from my feedback, as I followed through with my end of the trade (from someone who did the same). I can understand that once someone is banned, their feedback is removed, but unless the feedback given by them is fraudulent (like, a lie, or padding, etc), why is it removed as well? Is it because other CAG's can no longer check it in depth (cross referencing)? People that have been here for a while have PLENTY of feedback that you can't cross reference for one reason or another, so that can't be it. Just curious, as the feedback they left was for me holding up my end of the deal, and I did that. If they were selling stuff that shouldn't be sold, I understand the ban & their feedback being removed. I just hate that the feedback that they left for me, that was genuine in every way, is removed :cry:. Thanks in advance.

#345 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

If a guy says he has thousands of codes available, I don't see how anyone can think that the source is legit in any way. Having feedback removed from such a transaction which is the result of fraudulent activity is a given.

#346 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

If a guy says he has thousands of codes available, I don't see how anyone can think that the source is legit in any way. Having feedback removed from such a transaction which is the result of fraudulent activity is a given.

I never asked how many codes the guy I traded with had (and his OP certainly didn't say he had thousands). I say the same thing to everyone, "Send me the codes & I will try them out. If they work, I will send payment." I guess it's nice to find that out now.

#347 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Sucks it took away from my feedback, as I followed through with my end of the trade (from someone who did the same). I can understand that once someone is banned, their feedback is removed, but unless the feedback given by them is fraudulent (like, a lie, or padding, etc), why is it removed as well? Is it because other CAG's can no longer check it in depth (cross referencing)? People that have been here for a while have PLENTY of feedback that you can't cross reference for one reason or another, so that can't be it. Just curious, as the feedback they left was for me holding up my end of the deal, and I did that. If they were selling stuff that shouldn't be sold, I understand the ban & their feedback being removed. I just hate that the feedback that they left for me, that was genuine in every way, is removed :cry:. Thanks in advance.

Everyone who dealt with that CAG had their feedback removed, so it wasn't just singling you out. A gentle reminder that if a deal is too good to be true, it usually is, and you shouldn't benefit from it. We can't take the points back, obviously, though the feedback can get removed.

Feel free to dispute the Paypal charge over the transaction, if you'd like, as I see no reason why they should profit from scamming a contest.

I never asked how many codes the guy I traded with had (and his OP certainly didn't say he had thousands). I say the same thing to everyone, "Send me the codes & I will try them out. If they work, I will send payment." I guess it's nice to find that out now.

You might want to think that statement through again, as this was at the top of the banned CAG's thread:

Selling codes each worth 160 msp from an instant win game () back when it was easy to win.

I have thousands and will sell them for only 1.00 each thats 50% of retail price! (Maybe a cheaper bulk rate if you want to buy >100 codes

So, yes, it was clearly stated, in nice bright yellow text, that the CAG in question had thousands of codes.

#348 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

I paid with Amazon credit :(.

WOW! I guess you're right. I do not remember seeing that. I was tired, but.....was it actually in yellow? Maybe I was tired, but I don't know how I missed that (as i absolutely missed it if it was there).

#349 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to address this but I'm just using the CAG Marketplace for the first time. I've got one game listed as "tradeable" and have dozens of games in my wish list. Is there a way to filter just users that want my game and also have a game that I want? Right now I see a list of all the people that have the games I want but I have to go through each person to see if they want the game I have.
Posted Image

#350 DavidDayton

DavidDayton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

Okay, I feel stupid, but I gave invalid feedback without realizing it today. I've been swapping Club Nintendo codes, and I was left feedback for a transaction. I checked the feedback page and it -looked- as though "non CAG feedback" was allowed, and I assumed this meant feedback for this was fine.

Later, I reread the Club Nintendo thread and note that it isn't allowed. I e-mail the site and CheapyD links me to this thread, where it specifically says "no Club Nintendo code feedback."

Should I worry now? I don't want to get anyone in trouble for my mistake. Is there a way to request a retraction of feedback due to my misunderstanding?

Our overlord is fixing this for me himself. Unless he meant "kick me from the CAGlands forever", all would appear to be well. Thanks for reading!

#351 Weak

Weak

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Nevermind

Edited by Weak, 12 July 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#352 Ckarasu

Ckarasu

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Got a silly question that may have already been asked:

If I give a game away for free, is it OK to ask for positive feedback? If so, is it considered valid feedback? I ask because I have a few keys I don't need, and would like to build up a bit of feedback to get more people interested in trading me (as I mostly have physical copies for games). Thanks in advance.

#353 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

The OP makes it pretty clear:

-When should we leave feedback?
Feedback should be left when both parties participate in an exchange of items of specific value. Some examples outlined below or when and when not to leave feedback.
User 1 trades his Bioshock for User 2's Mass Effect. Feedback is left by both parties.
User 1 buys an Xbox 12 month code from User 2. Feedback is left by both parties.
User 1 gives User 2 a Playstation 3 and User 2 pays $20 for the shipping. Feedback is left for both parties.

User 1 gives User 2 a free 48 Xbox Live code. NO Feedback is left.
User 1 gives User 2 a free Playstation 3. NO Feedback is left.
User 1 trades a gmail invite for a qmail invite from User 2. NO feedback is left.

In short, if you just give something away, then no feedback is to be left. It has to be a two-way transaction, meaning each party needs to give something of monetary value to the other, in order to be eligible for feedback.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#354 Jaggsta

Jaggsta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Have a question about ingame items are you allowed to sell them on here? like borderlands 2 i got like all the legendary items and heads/skins i sell on other sites is that allowed on here or not. I checked FAQ's didn't really say anything about ingame items.

#355 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I don't know, but most people in the Borderlands 2 threads dupe items for each other for free.

#356 Big McLargeHuge

Big McLargeHuge

CAG in Training

• Validating

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Am i allowed to link to an ebay item here? Also, can i sell my gaming PC?

#357 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Am i allowed to link to an ebay item here? Also, can i sell my gaming PC?

http://www.cheapassg...isplay.php?f=24

You can sell your PC, but with your low feedback and high value item you might be expected to send first, depending on who you deal with.

#358 Big McLargeHuge

Big McLargeHuge

CAG in Training

• Validating

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

http://www.cheapassg...isplay.php?f=24

You can sell your PC, but with your low feedback and high value item you might be expected to send first, depending on who you deal with.

Thanks for the quick reply.

#359 andycandy

andycandy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

how do you link CML to your screen name?

#360 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

how do you link CML to your screen name?

http://www.cheapassg...?do=editprofile

At the bottom of this UserCP, there is a place for your buy/sell/trade list addy. Copy the address bar in your browser while on page 1 of your list here, then paste it in that place on the user control panel that I linked you to. Click, "Save Changes," at the very bottom of the page. Now you will have the "CML" in the bottom-right of your avatar to link traders to your list.