• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#31 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:46 AM

Columbia/Lexington Area!
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#32 KrazyNick

KrazyNick

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:27 AM

I'm from Columbia. :D

#33 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

Greenville here. I can also vouch for Video Games Cavern. Great retro section. Too bad Rhino Games across the street is going to GameStop. I'll visit today. Probably my last visit until they vanish into the corporate vacuum.

#34 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:32 PM

Anderson, SC over here (near Greenville). I used to frequent Rhino and the Game Cavern, though my retro collection is pretty much done so I don't head that way much any more. The Best Buy in Anderson frequently has a clearance table set up that is actually quite good, though the prices aren't always marked down that much. I have saved at least 10 dollars on a number of pick-ups. Other than that, the well is pretty dry.

#35 MegoW64

MegoW64

No really, i'm a girl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:36 PM

Everyone from the upstate should get together and have a huge Halo lan party.

That would rock.

#36 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:01 AM

:)

Did not realize this thread existed. Pimp was close on where I live. Ridgeway SC here. I try to keep up with deals in northeast Columbia. Kinda lame as of late. To many CAGs around I think. :razz:

#37 nharmon91

nharmon91

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

Any of you guys actually like SC?
[IMG]http://www.funstore.cz/products/xbox360/crackdown/v.jpghttp://www.funstore.cz/products/xbox360/crackdown/v.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://ps3gc.com/pics/NaPWNeon.png[/IMG][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/HebrewThunder91.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://gamerscorechart.com/theme/xbox/Don_Harmon.png[/IMG]

#38 cyborg2040

cyborg2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:18 AM

Fort Mill SC, born and raised.

Currently residing in WV though.
Posted Image

#39 MegoW64

MegoW64

No really, i'm a girl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:34 PM

Any of you guys actually like SC?

I do :) I just moved to Spartanburg this past year and I love it!

I live right in the middle of the Westgate area and couldnt ask for a better location :)

#40 willwgp

willwgp

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:42 PM

I love it, I've been here for 20 years. Of course there are times I'd like to move to a different state and see what that's like ... ;)

#41 Tybalt Flux

Tybalt Flux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

God willing I'll be moving down here for the summer and non-school year, somewhere near Charlotte. How's the shopping, recreation (arcades =D), and fun stuff around here you hopefully-soon-to-be-fellow-South-Carolina-CAG-er's?

#42 The_Tick

The_Tick

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:14 AM

Just curious, who was the selfish one to hoard the games/cleanout the Simpsonville GR?

Thx for leaving everyone else games, no need to buy every copy of Saints Row

What was the deal there? Anyway, yeah, it's kinda unfair that people do that. I especially felt screwed over during the Rhino Games takeover by Gamestop. Also, during last years Circuit City deal. Luckly, i am walking distance from a Gamecrazy (and a Blockbuster, but they dont have enough retro stuff to keep me interested), so if theres any deals, i'll just pick up what i want, and leave the rest to the other CAG's.

#43 67Dash

67Dash

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:38 AM

Spartanburg CAG here. I like SC. Place is a little redneck at times, but hey, who isn't right?

#44 ahovs

ahovs

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

Moved to Easley 8 years ago and really like South Carolina.

#45 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:12 PM

There is a Gamecrazy in Greenville?? Where?? The only place I know of for Retro stuff is the Game Cavern since Rhino closed down. The Game Cavern is cool but their methods are a little archaic and most of the good stuff is kept in the back so you have to ask for it. For example, I had to wait 15 minutes just for a copy of Sunset Riders on the SNES!

The Greenville Rhino definately got cleaned out, however I was able to pick up about 40 games at the Lexington, SC store. Not crap ones either, we are talking:

Excitebike
Eternal Champions
Super Turrican (SNES)
Bio Hazard Battle
Strider (on NES and Sega)
and many more...

Sorry just had to brag a little. Anyway, I do think it is a little unfair that people (especially employees) get to horde things, but when you consider that their job really kinda sucks it is one of the few perks they get. I work at Best Buy and I will gladly admit to getting some games for myself. Before you yell, if you could pass up Suikoden IV for $1.99 then you are fricking crazy.

Regardless, if you haven't checked out the Game Cavern it's at least worth a look see, I was able to pick up Super Metroid, Contra III, Castlevania IV, and a ton of other fun Super Nintendo stuff last time I was there. Generally their prices are lower than what you would find on Amazon or at pre-merger Rhino stores. A lot of people trade there so they get a lot of good stuff in.

Well anyway, holler!

#46 The_Tick

The_Tick

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

There is a Gamecrazy in Greenville?? Where?? The only place I know of for Retro stuff is the Game Cavern since Rhino closed down. The Game Cavern is cool but their methods are a little archaic and most of the good stuff is kept in the back so you have to ask for it. For example, I had to wait 15 minutes just for a copy of Sunset Riders on the SNES!

The Greenville Rhino definately got cleaned out, however I was able to pick up about 40 games at the Lexington, SC store. Not crap ones either, we are talking:

Excitebike
Eternal Champions
Super Turrican (SNES)
Bio Hazard Battle
Strider (on NES and Sega)
and many more...

Sorry just had to brag a little. Anyway, I do think it is a little unfair that people (especially employees) get to horde things, but when you consider that their job really kinda sucks it is one of the few perks they get. I work at Best Buy and I will gladly admit to getting some games for myself. Before you yell, if you could pass up Suikoden IV for $1.99 then you are fricking crazy.

Regardless, if you haven't checked out the Game Cavern it's at least worth a look see, I was able to pick up Super Metroid, Contra III, Castlevania IV, and a ton of other fun Super Nintendo stuff last time I was there. Generally their prices are lower than what you would find on Amazon or at pre-merger Rhino stores. A lot of people trade there so they get a lot of good stuff in.

Well anyway, holler!

Yeah, there's a gamecrazy in alot of those small shopping districts. The closest one i've seen is right across the street from where i live, which is in Pelham Road. As a matter of fact, i think there are two of them. One near China Wok, and the other in a Publix next to Hollywood Video. Also, where is Game Cavern located? I'm interested in checking it out. Also, do they have games in Mint condition by any chance?

#47 Liontamer

Liontamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:11 AM

Also, where is Game Cavern located? I'm interested in checking it out. Also, do they have games in Mint condition by any chance?

If they're talking about Video Game Cavern, it's on Wade Hampton Blvd (Hwy 29) in Taylors, SC in a little shopping center across the Street from the Taylors Wal-Mart and Bi-Lo. Not sure of the condition of their stuff (haven't bought a lot there), but they usually have some harder to find stuff, and they also usually have slightly better prices on used games than the chain stores.
-'Tamer
http://cdnroot.cheap...9087731&thumb=1
It's funny because it's true.

#48 The_Tick

The_Tick

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:43 AM

If they're talking about Video Game Cavern, it's on Wade Hampton Blvd (Hwy 29) in Taylors, SC in a little shopping center across the Street from the Taylors Wal-Mart and Bi-Lo. Not sure of the condition of their stuff (haven't bought a lot there), but they usually have some harder to find stuff, and they also usually have slightly better prices on used games than the chain stores.

Thanks alot. I'll be sure to check that place out next time i go there, seeing as i've been to that area a bunch of times, but never quite noticed it before.

#49 hipsterplease

hipsterplease

The Old Nerdy Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

My only complaint is that, since they’re an indie retailer, they may or may not have your preferred new release the week of launch. On the plus side, they give excellent trade-in credit.

I like SC just fine. Since I was born in Easley, live in Spartanburg, and work in Greenville; it’s all I’ve ever known, so I reckon I have nothing to compare it to. ;)

#50 weaponomega2x

weaponomega2x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:18 AM

Columbia here...Been living here since '89 and don't mind it at all...

#51 glennzilla

glennzilla

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

Charleston here....

#52 BCDraven

BCDraven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

I was born in Greenville but am in Liberty right now :P. I've never heard of Video Game Cavern, thanks for the info I'll have to drive down and check it out.

#53 evilsuperman33

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:54 AM

i live in williamston, sc and hate it here, i visited charleston not too long ago and its so beautiful there

#54 flywheels

flywheels

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:06 PM

Moved to Rock Hill from Charlotte a few months ago...

#55 vickvega

vickvega

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

just joined what up, im from greenville, Been looking for mass effect at every Kmart in the upstate with no luck. but anyway GO TIGERS BITCHES!

#56 nharmon91

nharmon91

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

anyone been to the summerville/ladson kmart to look for mass effect?
[IMG]http://www.funstore.cz/products/xbox360/crackdown/v.jpghttp://www.funstore.cz/products/xbox360/crackdown/v.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://ps3gc.com/pics/NaPWNeon.png[/IMG][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/HebrewThunder91.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://gamerscorechart.com/theme/xbox/Don_Harmon.png[/IMG]

#57 Turbo42

Turbo42

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:48 AM

Yo! Long-time CAG (main page) lurker here.

I'm a junior at USC (Columbia).

#58 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:14 PM

Seneca, SC here - just down the road from Clemson, although I shop around everywhere from Ga on up to the Greenville area.

I just called the Video Game Cavern to see how much they would give me for my original DS (looking to finally upgrade), and would you like to guess how much they would give me for the system, stylus, and charger? Would ya?

They give $20 in store credit, and $10 in cash! That's even worse that GameStop I think, but don't quote me on that one. They're good people though most of the time. If any of you ever go in Anderson, they also have a "store" at the Anderson Jockey Lot that's open on Saturday and Sunday, early all the way until people usually start to leave the JL.

Sometime this year a new indie game store opened up in Powdersville, Darkside Games. I've never been, I don't know anything about it, but here's a MySpace page for it:

http://www.myspace.com/darksidegames

#59 Foxhoundx

Foxhoundx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

Seneca, SC here - just down the road from Clemson, although I shop around everywhere from Ga on up to the Greenville area.

I just called the Video Game Cavern to see how much they would give me for my original DS (looking to finally upgrade), and would you like to guess how much they would give me for the system, stylus, and charger? Would ya?

They give $20 in store credit, and $10 in cash! That's even worse that GameStop I think, but don't quote me on that one. They're good people though most of the time. If any of you ever go in Anderson, they also have a "store" at the Anderson Jockey Lot that's open on Saturday and Sunday, early all the way until people usually start to leave the JL.

Sometime this year a new indie game store opened up in Powdersville, Darkside Games. I've never been, I don't know anything about it, but here's a MySpace page for it:

http://www.myspace.com/darksidegames

I've bought a lot of things from the Video Game Cavern booth at the Anderson jockey lot. A lot of boxed NES games and PS2/Gamecube stuff. I've never been to thier actual store though. Think I'll
try to check out the store in Powdersville, sounds interesting.
Posted Image

#60 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

I've bought a lot of things from the Video Game Cavern booth at the Anderson jockey lot. A lot of boxed NES games and PS2/Gamecube stuff. I've never been to thier actual store though. Think I'll
try to check out the store in Powdersville, sounds interesting.

I think I've been to the Video Game Cavern once or twice, but it's possible I'm thinking of a store that has since closed down. But yeah, I've dealt with them a lot at the Jockey Lot.

If you check out that store in Powersville let me know what you think, drop me a line on here or AIM or something.

Do any of you remember that store that used to be in Greenville on Woodruff Rd.? Going from the Hollywood 20 towards the area where Best Buy and everything is now, the store was down the road on the right, in a little shopping center. It was very easy to miss unless you knew it was there. They had all kinds of games, and especially dealt with imports. It's been a while ago though. That's where I bought a few of my Dreamcast imports back in the day. It was a pretty interesting store to check out.