• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6316 replies to this topic

#6301 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Rogan supports headbutts? Intriguing.

For such a fight enthusiast as he is, that strikes me as an odd stance. The permanent damage potential is very high for both striker and defender. The level of fighting would take a nosedive, since the options to defend against a headbutt from situations like the clinch are far fewer than other strikes. I wouldn't even want to consider the Hell on Earth attempting to defend from the bottom would become with headbutts in the mix. Plus the last thing the sport needs is to be blasted back to the dark ages since no athletic commission would dare sanction legal headbutts.

#6302 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

He made a mention during the 152 broadcast. And, while CAG is my only forum, here's the Sherdog thread to, uh, "validate" what he said.

I absolutely agree, Ced. When John McCarthy and Co. came up with the unified rules, they made a removal of various things for good reason. As you said, headbutts went to help turn MMA into a legit sport, as did groin strikes, and eye gouges. The difference in MMA from the 1990s to now is incredible. It's a sport where even kids can partake. Of course, under amateur rules (no elbows, head gear, no slams, no leg locks, etc.).

While I understand why the 12-to-6 elbow strikes rule exists, which is to make landing a brutal strike a bit more difficult, it's still a ridiculous rule. Either ban elbows altogether or allow them in their total nature. Hamill holding a DQ win over Jones is ludicrous.

Knees to down opponents also needs an addition. Some say it favors grapplers. Some say it favors strikers. Totally depends on the scenario. All I know is that it removes the "one hand on the ground" rule that everyone exploits.

#6303 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

I hate the no knees to the head on the ground and even more so when someone puts a hand on the ground...that really needs to be changed.

LOL@Rampage complaining about something...all this guy does lately is whine, whine whine...plus this coming from a guy who has picked people up and literally spiked them on there head. Bader could have easily suffered a broken neck or worse when 'Page slammed him.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#6304 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

Random bits of MMA stats

Matt Hamill made a record in his fight last Saturday.Even though it was a boring fight he now holds the record for most significant strikes at Light Heavyweight at 124.

Stefan Struve has a 0% takedown defense in his UFC career.I never thought of it but didn't know it was quite non existent so far in the UFC.Good thing I suppose his jit jutsu helps makes up for it.

#6305 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Leg teeps, knees, stomps, bows...I'm for all of them. I don't want this sport to get so far from a streetfight (like boxing) that champs of the sport no longer are actually great fighters but rather athletes and rules masters.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#6306 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:21 AM

I just saw that UFC on Fuel 5 starts at 1 p.m. (PST). I've yet to do any research as my preference is to do research day-of. Needless to say, I'll have to start a bit early. Girlfriend is sick, so I'll be between helping her and attempting some late-night research.

Saw some good lines. I hope things fall into place for another five-figure payday.

#6307 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

^Yeah it's in England. Caught me off guard when I saw the time too.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6308 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

2 fights and I have 2 perfect boots - I have 420 points already :)

Posted Image

#6309 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

I shouldn't have said anything. There goes my streak now.

Posted Image

#6310 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

I almost forgot to do my picks and remembered late last night...forgot to pick boosts...im 3-0 so far.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#6311 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Damn, I don't know how Kingsbury took some of those shots... that was a brutal beating in the first round.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#6312 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Ogle got sooooo fuckin robbed. That was bullshit.

Posted Image

#6313 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

For those who didn't watch UFC on FUEL 5, I highly recommend watching the replay in a couple hours. It was a pretty solid card.

#6314 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

I didn't watch the show tonight but my parlay failed.Had Ogle,Mills and Pickett.

Anyone notice Sonnen's background on his twitter lately? lol.

https://twitter.com/sonnench

More Sonnen goodness from the aftershow.

''Struve has the same reach as Jon Jones but twice the courage''
''This is live tv,I won't say Jon Jones sucks because they couldn't edit it out''

#6315 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

For those who didn't watch UFC on FUEL 5, I highly recommend watching the replay in a couple hours. It was a pretty solid card.

Yup..very fun show overall. The Facebook prelims were good as well..its kind of bad that there free shows have been more exciting then there ppv's.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#6316 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

I had a no-loss day for UFC bets. Only did around eight bets for UFC—but all hit. Didn't feel sharp today, so I'm happy about my success. Well into five-figures for these first five or six months in my chalkland adventures. Sorta reaching the point where money is just money. Can't imagine what happens if my success continues going forward. Might actually be detrimental to my sharpness.

I have a tweet on my Twitter with a part of today's winnings. Pretty decent day considering the time difference threw off my game.

I didn't watch the show tonight but my parlay failed.Had Ogle,Mills and Pickett.

Anyone notice Sonnen's background on his twitter lately? lol.

https://twitter.com/sonnench

More Sonnen goodness from the aftershow.

''Struve has the same reach as Jon Jones but twice the courage''
''This is live tv,I won't say Jon Jones sucks because they couldn't edit it out''

Ha! Nice catch. Gotta love Sonnen and his ability to self-promote.

I rarely parlay more than two fighters unless I'm very confident. Ogle-Corassani had a close fight. I think I remember giving R1 to Corassani and a definite R2 to Ogle. Edit: Lemme correct myself: "Close first. Second to Corassani. Third to Ogle." Judging was a bit questionable. A judge gave Watson the fight against Tavares, which is clearly incorrect. I had Corassani winning the fight, tho. And, while I prefer prop lines, Mills and Pickett were good choices.

Edited by Chase, 30 September 2012 - 05:47 AM.
I can't remember shit for shit.

#6317 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

Gunnar Nelson can be a real prospect. That is all.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug: