MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoilers from last Thursday's TUF3 soap opera (May 11th)

Ultimate Fighter - Can you believe Noah walked from the show over his controlling new girlfriend? Quick recap - On last Thursday's show Noah's girlfriend of 6 months got word to him that people were saying he cheated and she demanded he come back to her ASAP. How/why was that package from home delivered to him anyway? Is that something they all get routinely and is just not usually shown or did his girlfriend or family insist the UFC give it to him due to a 'major emergency?' Anyone know?

I felt bad for the guy because whoever it was that said, 'If she loved him, she'd wait 2 weeks for an explanation' was exactly right. When Noah was saying he had to leave because he didn't want to look back years from now with regret that he didn't do this to save his relationship with his true love... Oh man. Looking back with regret is exactly what he's going to do.

If he does end up staying with her, he's going to resent her for spoiling his shot forever. If (more likely) they break up in a week, he's going to feel like the complete fool that he is.

My guess is the girlfried decided to see just how whipped she has Noah. You'd think she'd want to let him try for the big contract as she'd reap some of the rewards along with him, but whatever.

They should let Tito rip his head off in a future grudge match for taking a spot away from a guy that really wanted it :mrgreen:

Is he the gap toothed black guy? That was my guess as well. Although his Team Dagger :bs: kind of pisses me off. That's straight cheating in my book.

[quote name='wubb']Is he the gap toothed black guy? That was my guess as well. Although his Team Dagger :bs: kind of pisses me off. That's straight cheating in my book.[/QUOTE]

Yea I don't like how Kendal told him what the ohter dude starts off with and what he likes to do and shit.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://www.internationalfightleague.com/index.aspx

You guys ever heard of this league? I'm not much of an MMA viewer, but I'm fairly certain I've never seen MMA 'teams.'

Anyway, my wife's cousin is on Team Pitbull, so I'm interested in seeing his first pro fight: http://www.internationalfightleague.com/Fighters.aspx?i=16[/QUOTE]

Well, he won his first match in under three minutes (I think). Evidently shattered his opponents eye socket and broke his nose in three places. It doesn't look, however, like he's very proud of that fact.

owin_jone_004.jpg

Great fight recently between Jardine and Goiveu. Also, nice to see Dana White give out 2 contracts to Kendall Grove and Ed Herman.

I thought Ed was going to dominate that fight.

Not surprising that Bisping did dominate his match. It was kind of hard to blame the guy for kneeing Josh in the head while his knees were down. A few times in the match he'd get up on his knees and really not protect his head at all. It looked like Bisping was really having to hold back the urge to throw a knee at that exposed melon.

Oh, and I'm not completely certain after watching 'The Ultimate Finale' but is Spike starting some sort of series based on Blade? ;)

[quote name='wubb']I thought Ed was going to dominate that fight.

Not surprising that Bisping did dominate his match. It was kind of hard to blame the guy for kneeing Josh in the head while his knees were down. A few times in the match he'd get up on his knees and really not protect his head at all. It looked like Bisping was really having to hold back the urge to throw a knee at that exposed melon.

Oh, and I'm not completely certain after watching 'The Ultimate Finale' but is Spike starting some sort of series based on Blade? ;)[/quote]

I only got about half-way through the 3 hour special.

Yes, "Blade: The Series" begins June 28. The Iceman is supposed to appear in at least one episode. The show itself looks pretty cool, and I've got my TiVo set for a season pass.

Blade the series will probably bomb. I mean Blade 1 and 2 were good but 3? and now a series?

Anyways Ultimate Fight Night is on wednesday with Bonner fighting Evans and Leban fighting Anderson Silva.

I also can't wait for TUF4: The comeback to start up in August. Does anyone know whatthe comback means though? Are they bringing fighters back or some shit? I also hope they get rid of the coin flip from 3 and go back to challanges to determine wo picks so and so fight.

Rashaad Evans really took it to Bonnar last night. I thought Cuomo would have put up a better fight, too. Surprising that Lieben lost so quickly.

[quote name='shieryda']Rashaad Evans really took it to Bonnar last night. I thought Cuomo would have put up a better fight, too. Surprising that Lieben lost so quickly.[/QUOTE]

Evans Doesn't do anything in his fights. He is a one sided fighter. Always uses wrestling moves and cannot really inflict any type of damage onto his oppenent. He scores all of his points on takedowns and his fights always go to a decesion.

Leban got crushed by Silva. I think Leban went in there looking to one punch Silva. He was way overconfident and a was a ton more aggressive against a guy whom has great skill but never fought in the UFC before. Leban should have sized Silva up before running at him without guarding his face.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Evans Doesn't do anything in his fights. He is a one sided fighter. Always uses wrestling moves and cannot really inflict any type of damage onto his oppenent. He scores all of his points on takedowns and his fights always go to a decesion.

Leban got crushed by Silva. I think Leban went in there looking to one punch Silva. He was way overconfident and a was a ton more aggressive against a guy whom has great skill but never fought in the UFC before. Leban should have sized Silva up before running at him without guarding his face.[/quote]

I agree that Evans really needs to work on his guard-passing skills.

[quote name='shieryda']I agree that Evans really needs to work on his guard-passing skills.[/QUOTE]

Yea being that he is one of the strongest wrestlers in his weight class he can take anyone down at will. Once he gets his passing skills he can be one of the scariest ground n' pounders in the UFC today.

[quote name='cthcky33']l love anderson silva[/quote]

Then why don't you marry him?!;)

Seriously, though. Where did this guy come from? I thought I had heard his name before, but this was his first UFC fight, right?

[quote name='shieryda']Then why don't you marry him?!;)

Seriously, though. Where did this guy come from? I thought I had heard his name before, but this was his first UFC fight, right?[/quote]

he has fought in PRIDE for a while, hes a REALLY good muay thai striker as you saw last night.

He will probably be the one to take the belt from rich franklin

[quote name='cthcky33']he has fought in PRIDE for a while, hes a REALLY good muay thai striker as you saw last night.

He will probably be the one to take the belt from rich franklin[/QUOTE]

No Way Franklin is too good. What Leban was saying last night was Silva has been knocked out by some shitty fighters and most of Silva's wins have been against lower ranked oppenent's. IMO Leban is one of the better fighters in his weight class but got smoked last night.

[quote name='shieryda']Then why don't you marry him?!;)

Seriously, though. Where did this guy come from? I thought I had heard his name before, but this was his first UFC fight, right?[/quote]

You may be thinking of Wanderlei Silva, who used to fight in the UFC and now fights for Pride. He got destroyed by Vitor Belfort in one of his UFC fights.

Or you may be thinking of Giant Silva, quite possibly the worst MMA fighter in history.

[quote name='pimpinc333']No Way Franklin is too good. What Leban was saying last night was Silva has been knocked out by some shitty fighters and most of Silva's wins have been against lower ranked oppenent's. IMO Leban is one of the better fighters in his weight class but got smoked last night.[/quote]

I think Leban is a very average fighter. Before the fight even started, I knew he was in trouble. Silva was too big and too long for Leban to get inside with any strikes.

I want to see a Swick/Leban rematch, because I think Swick would demolish Leban now.

Also, I hope after Tito murders Ken, he'll go after Chuck one more time.

some quick news courtesy of sherdog.com

Georges St. Pierre (Pictures) will finally get his chance for redemption on September 23 when rematches Matt Hughes (Pictures) at the Anaheim Pond for UFC 63.

Chuck Liddell (Pictures) vs. Tito Ortiz (Pictures) II is tentatively scheduled for Super Bowl weekend 2007. This mega-bout hinges on Liddell retaining his title when he rematches Renato Sobral (Pictures) in August, and Ortiz taking out arch-rival Ken Shamrock (Pictures) on July 8.

UFC middleweight champ Rich Franklin (Pictures) hopes to make his return to the cage on October 14, when UFC 64 is set for the Mandalay Bay Arena. It is not known whether his first fight back will be with newly anointed UFC legend (on the Internet anyway) Anderson Silva or another opponent.

Coming off a long hiatus, Zuffa may want to let Franklin knock a little ring rust off before tangling with “The Spider.” They may also want to keep Silva active and get him another fight to help build for the eventual title showdown.

Justin Levens (Pictures) told me he was retiring following his knockout loss to Jorge Santiago (Pictures). It was Levens third consecutive defeat after opening his career with seven victories.

Anyone else find it hilarious when Leban said something about sending Silva back to fight some easier opponents in Japan.

I am sorry but if Leban would go over to Pride the majority of the fighters over there would destroy him.

[quote name='Sporadic']So, who's ready for the PPV tonight?

I'm looking forward to the Tito/Ken fight. It should be a massacre.[/QUOTE]

Ken will win tonight. Mark my words he will win! :)

Seriously I think he will win. The Pitbull will win also. Same with Frank Muir will win also. A perfect 3-3 for me tonight :)

Ken sucks dick. Tito is going to beat his old, stupid ass.

I really need to watch this fight, but no one I know is ordering it. :bomb:

I think Tito will dominate as well.

Anyone watch the UFC All Access feature on Tito on Spike? I was cracking up at the bit in the middle where he mixed up a Xyience (sp?) drink and the ring girl goes over the top with her reaction 'Holy crap, this is like a strawberry milkshake! So good!'

Thanks for ruining the fight Sporadic. :( You should have titled that spoiler.

Please don't post anything else unless you title it. I for one wasn't thinking the spoiler was about that fight. Tito vs. Ken Spoiler would have been a nice title. Agree?

[quote name='pimpinc333']Thanks for ruining the fight Sporadic. :( You should have titled that spoiler.

Please don't post anything else unless you title it. I for one wasn't thinking the spoiler was about that fight. Tito vs. Ken Spoiler would have been a nice title. Agree?[/QUOTE]

Um, it's a spoiler posted in the middle of a UFC PPV.

What did you think it was going to be about?

[quote name='Sporadic']Um, it's a spoiler posted in the middle of a UFC PPV.

What did you think it was going to be about?[/QUOTE]

Your exactely right its a spoiler in the UFC thread. Not a spoiler in the Ortiz/Shamrock thread. Shit who knows, it could have been a spoiler telling me if Jeff Monson knocks out the dickhead he's fighting or if Frank Meir(sp?) loses again. Who knows.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Your exactely right its a spoiler in the UFC thread. Not a spoiler in the Ortiz/Shamrock thread. Shit who knows, it could have been a spoiler telling me if Jeff Monson knocks out the dickhead he's fighting or if Frank Meir(sp?) loses again. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

Well what other fight have I talked about in this thread?

Don't try to blame me and call me a douche because you can't figure out that a SPOILER is used to hide text that WILL SPOIL SOMETHING and if you didn't want anything about UFC 61 SPOILED then YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THE GOD DAMN SPOILER YOU fuckING RETARD!

I'm trying not to spoil the fight (by finding out who wins) before I watch it, but does someone know where I can watch a video of it? I can't order PPV mind you, so please no smart ass responses. Thanks!

That Ortiz/Shamrock fight sucked last night.

It's crazy that they didn't mop up the mat after all the blood that was spilled from Yves' head.

The Ortiz/Shamrock fight was a joke.

As much as I wanted Ortiz to win it, I didn't want it to end like that. That was retarded. If they were calling matches like that, then the fight wher Yves head was busted open, shouldn't have got to that point. It should've been called as soon as his blood was flowing out of his head.

I mean, it would've been one thing if Shamrock hadn't gotten up as soon as the ref called the fight. Had he laid there for a bit, then I could see the match being called. But for Christ's sake, he was moving around and stood right up.

And the Dana trying to calm fans by the annoucement of a fight in November, that hinges on next months Light Heavyweight Title fight. Go figure

Can't believe you guys didn't mention the fucking annoucement made at this UFC EVENT! That's going to be one of the most anticipated FIGHT OF 2006!

UFC Champ vs Pride Champ. Lots of fight fans can't imagine this is going to happen!

[quote name='beguile']Can't believe you guys didn't mention the fucking annoucement made at this UFC EVENT! That's going to be one of the most anticipated FIGHT OF 2006!

UFC Champ vs Pride Champ. Lots of fight fans can't imagine this is going to happen![/QUOTE]

Too bad it isn't Fedor Emelianenko coming over.

That man is a monster.

[quote name='beguile']Can't believe you guys didn't mention the fucking annoucement made at this UFC EVENT! That's going to be one of the most anticipated FIGHT OF 2006!

UFC Champ vs Pride Champ. Lots of fight fans can't imagine this is going to happen![/QUOTE]
Who is fighting who?

And all the people calling Shamrock's lost bullshit. How fucking long has Ken been fighting? He know's the rules, protect yourself at all times, not "take 6 harsh elbows to the face while you do nothing". People shouldn't have booed Tito. He came. Did his job. Left. What more do you expect?

UFC Champ vs Pride Champ. Lots of fight fans can't imagine this is going to happen![/quote]

I feel sorry for Chuck. If he beats Babalou, he's going to get destroyed by Wanderlei. No doubt about it.

[quote name='Sporadic']Too bad it isn't Fedor Emelianenko coming over.

That man is a monster.[/quote]

First of all, there's no reason for Fedor to come to the UFC unless he actually wanted to murder all the UFC heavyweights.

The UFC heavyweight division is in a sad state of affairs right now. There's four or five guys in Pride who could easily whip Silvia's ass in seconds.

What I'd like to see is a legitimate UFC vs. Pride showdown. The Pride heavyweights would kill the UFC's, but I think the UFC middleweights would hold their own.

And about the Ken fight. He's been dealt a similar knockout by Sakuraba, and he went even more apeshit than he did after this fight. Ken was just trying to play to the audience to save some shred of dignity after being annihilated by his rival.

I just can't wait to see a Tito/Chuck rematch. I think Tito can take him now.

And also, everyone watch out for Anderson Silva. This dude is going to take the UFC by storm. I predict big things for this guy.

[quote name='craven_fiend']The Ortiz/Shamrock fight was a joke.

As much as I wanted Ortiz to win it, I didn't want it to end like that. That was retarded. If they were calling matches like that, then the fight wher Yves head was busted open, shouldn't have got to that point. It should've been called as soon as his blood was flowing out of his head.

I mean, it would've been one thing if Shamrock hadn't gotten up as soon as the ref called the fight. Had he laid there for a bit, then I could see the match being called. But for Christ's sake, he was moving around and stood right up.

And the Dana trying to calm fans by the annoucement of a fight in November, that hinges on next months Light Heavyweight Title fight. Go figure
[/quote]

True. Or the fight a while back between Cabbage and Arlovski. Just because Cabbage fell down doesn't mean that the ref should stop the fight.

[quote name='shieryda']True. Or the fight a while back between Cabbage and Arlovski. Just because Cabbage fell down doesn't mean that the ref should stop the fight.[/quote]

:applause:

Thank you.

I was happy that Shamrock lost, can't stand him, but he shouldn't have lost that way.

It was a shame that the best fight of the night, was the first one that left the ring all bloody and not either of the main events.

[quote name='craven_fiend']:clap:

Thank you.

I was happy that Shamrock lost, can't stand him, but he shouldn't have lost that way.

It was a shame that the best fight of the night, was the first one that left the ring all bloody and not either of the main events.[/quote]

I was thinking of e-mailing both Zuffa and Dana White to vent my extreme displeasure about how both those fights ended. Once again, I pay good money for a PPV that leaves me unsatisfied with my purchase. I won't be paying full price for the Liddell fight...

[quote name='shieryda']I was thinking of e-mailing both Zuffa and Dana White to vent my extreme displeasure about how both those fights ended. Once again, I pay good money for a PPV that leaves me unsatisfied with my purchase. I won't be paying full price for the Liddell fight...[/quote]

Well, I can almost guarantee you there will be a legitimate knockout in the Liddell/Silva fight.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']No. This was one of the worst UFCs I've seen. Ever.[/quote]

agreed! the main even was so boring! :bomb:

if you haven't already seen it, do not pay for it on pay per view. it's worth about 1/10th the price. :lol:

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, I can almost guarantee you there will be a legitimate knockout in the Liddell/Silva fight.[/quote]

But early in the 1st round? I certainly hope not for $39.95. I may pay $10 to go watch it at a sports bar, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back