MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6316 replies to this topic

#61 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

Blade the series will probably bomb. I mean Blade 1 and 2 were good but 3? and now a series?

Anyways Ultimate Fight Night is on wednesday with Bonner fighting Evans and Leban fighting Anderson Silva.

I also can't wait for TUF4: The comeback to start up in August. Does anyone know whatthe comback means though? Are they bringing fighters back or some shit? I also hope they get rid of the coin flip from 3 and go back to challanges to determine wo picks so and so fight.

#62 vietgurl

vietgurl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:12 AM

Cung Le is my hero
Posted Image

#63 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

Rashaad Evans really took it to Bonnar last night. I thought Cuomo would have put up a better fight, too. Surprising that Lieben lost so quickly.

#64 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

Rashaad Evans really took it to Bonnar last night. I thought Cuomo would have put up a better fight, too. Surprising that Lieben lost so quickly.

Evans Doesn't do anything in his fights. He is a one sided fighter. Always uses wrestling moves and cannot really inflict any type of damage onto his oppenent. He scores all of his points on takedowns and his fights always go to a decesion.

Leban got crushed by Silva. I think Leban went in there looking to one punch Silva. He was way overconfident and a was a ton more aggressive against a guy whom has great skill but never fought in the UFC before. Leban should have sized Silva up before running at him without guarding his face.

#65 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:08 PM

Evans Doesn't do anything in his fights. He is a one sided fighter. Always uses wrestling moves and cannot really inflict any type of damage onto his oppenent. He scores all of his points on takedowns and his fights always go to a decesion.

Leban got crushed by Silva. I think Leban went in there looking to one punch Silva. He was way overconfident and a was a ton more aggressive against a guy whom has great skill but never fought in the UFC before. Leban should have sized Silva up before running at him without guarding his face.

I agree that Evans really needs to work on his guard-passing skills.

#66 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:13 PM

I agree that Evans really needs to work on his guard-passing skills.

Yea being that he is one of the strongest wrestlers in his weight class he can take anyone down at will. Once he gets his passing skills he can be one of the scariest ground n' pounders in the UFC today.

#67 cthcky33

cthcky33

I Heart Shadow Hearts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:17 PM

l love anderson silva
Posted Image

#68 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:21 PM

l love anderson silva

Then why don't you marry him?!;)

Seriously, though. Where did this guy come from? I thought I had heard his name before, but this was his first UFC fight, right?

#69 cthcky33

cthcky33

I Heart Shadow Hearts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:38 PM

Seriously, though. Where did this guy come from? I thought I had heard his name before, but this was his first UFC fight, right?

he has fought in PRIDE for a while, hes a REALLY good muay thai striker as you saw last night.

He will probably be the one to take the belt from rich franklin
Posted Image

#70 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:44 PM

he has fought in PRIDE for a while, hes a REALLY good muay thai striker as you saw last night.

He will probably be the one to take the belt from rich franklin

No Way Franklin is too good. What Leban was saying last night was Silva has been knocked out by some shitty fighters and most of Silva's wins have been against lower ranked oppenent's. IMO Leban is one of the better fighters in his weight class but got smoked last night.

#71 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:15 PM

You may be thinking of Wanderlei Silva, who used to fight in the UFC and now fights for Pride. He got destroyed by Vitor Belfort in one of his UFC fights.

Or you may be thinking of Giant Silva, quite possibly the worst MMA fighter in history.

No Way Franklin is too good. What Leban was saying last night was Silva has been knocked out by some shitty fighters and most of Silva's wins have been against lower ranked oppenent's. IMO Leban is one of the better fighters in his weight class but got smoked last night.

I think Leban is a very average fighter. Before the fight even started, I knew he was in trouble. Silva was too big and too long for Leban to get inside with any strikes.

I want to see a Swick/Leban rematch, because I think Swick would demolish Leban now.

Also, I hope after Tito murders Ken, he'll go after Chuck one more time.

Follow me on Twitter @airforcewriter

Listen to The Bit Loaders Show here!

#72 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:27 PM

I'm still shocked that Ken is taking this match vs. Tito, as badly as he was beaten last time.

#73 cthcky33

cthcky33

I Heart Shadow Hearts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:08 AM

some quick news courtesy of sherdog.com

Georges St. Pierre (Pictures) will finally get his chance for redemption on September 23 when rematches Matt Hughes (Pictures) at the Anaheim Pond for UFC 63.

Chuck Liddell (Pictures) vs. Tito Ortiz (Pictures) II is tentatively scheduled for Super Bowl weekend 2007. This mega-bout hinges on Liddell retaining his title when he rematches Renato Sobral (Pictures) in August, and Ortiz taking out arch-rival Ken Shamrock (Pictures) on July 8.

UFC middleweight champ Rich Franklin (Pictures) hopes to make his return to the cage on October 14, when UFC 64 is set for the Mandalay Bay Arena. It is not known whether his first fight back will be with newly anointed UFC legend (on the Internet anyway) Anderson Silva or another opponent.

Coming off a long hiatus, Zuffa may want to let Franklin knock a little ring rust off before tangling with “The Spider.” They may also want to keep Silva active and get him another fight to help build for the eventual title showdown.

Justin Levens (Pictures) told me he was retiring following his knockout loss to Jorge Santiago (Pictures). It was Levens third consecutive defeat after opening his career with seven victories.
Posted Image

#74 AK85

AK85

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:44 AM

Anyone else find it hilarious when Leban said something about sending Silva back to fight some easier opponents in Japan.

I am sorry but if Leban would go over to Pride the majority of the fighters over there would destroy him.

Posted Image

#75 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:46 AM

So, who's ready for the PPV tonight?

I'm looking forward to the Tito/Ken fight. It should be a massacre.

#76 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:50 AM

So, who's ready for the PPV tonight?

I'm looking forward to the Tito/Ken fight. It should be a massacre.

Ken will win tonight. Mark my words he will win! :)

Seriously I think he will win. The Pitbull will win also. Same with Frank Muir will win also. A perfect 3-3 for me tonight :)

#77 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:08 AM

Ken sucks dick. Tito is going to beat his old, stupid ass.

I really need to watch this fight, but no one I know is ordering it. :bomb:

#78 wubb

wubb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:17 AM

I think Tito will dominate as well.

Anyone watch the UFC All Access feature on Tito on Spike? I was cracking up at the bit in the middle where he mixed up a Xyience (sp?) drink and the ring girl goes over the top with her reaction 'Holy crap, this is like a strawberry milkshake! So good!'

#79 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:27 AM

Spoiler

#80 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:42 AM

Thanks for ruining the fight Sporadic. :( You should have titled that spoiler.

Please don't post anything else unless you title it. I for one wasn't thinking the spoiler was about that fight. Tito vs. Ken Spoiler would have been a nice title. Agree?

#81 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:51 AM

Thanks for ruining the fight Sporadic. :( You should have titled that spoiler.

Please don't post anything else unless you title it. I for one wasn't thinking the spoiler was about that fight. Tito vs. Ken Spoiler would have been a nice title. Agree?

Um, it's a spoiler posted in the middle of a UFC PPV.

What did you think it was going to be about?

#82 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:25 AM

Um, it's a spoiler posted in the middle of a UFC PPV.

What did you think it was going to be about?

Your exactely right its a spoiler in the UFC thread. Not a spoiler in the Ortiz/Shamrock thread. Shit who knows, it could have been a spoiler telling me if Jeff Monson knocks out the dickhead he's fighting or if Frank Meir(sp?) loses again. Who knows.

#83 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:08 AM

Your exactely right its a spoiler in the UFC thread. Not a spoiler in the Ortiz/Shamrock thread. Shit who knows, it could have been a spoiler telling me if Jeff Monson knocks out the dickhead he's fighting or if Frank Meir(sp?) loses again. Who knows.

Well what other fight have I talked about in this thread?

Don't try to blame me and call me a douche because you can't figure out that a SPOILER is used to hide text that WILL SPOIL SOMETHING and if you didn't want anything about UFC 61 SPOILED then YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THE GOD DAMN SPOILER YOU fuckING RETARD!

#84 lonestar

lonestar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:33 AM

I'm guessing it wouldn't be a stretch to call a 3rd fight for Ortiz/Shamrock.
[URL="http://users.ign.com/collection/masjiggaobjType=1"][/URL]

#85 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:16 AM

I'm trying not to spoil the fight (by finding out who wins) before I watch it, but does someone know where I can watch a video of it? I can't order PPV mind you, so please no smart ass responses. Thanks!

#86 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

That Ortiz/Shamrock fight sucked last night.

Spoiler

#87 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

The Ortiz/Shamrock fight was a joke.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#88 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:59 PM

is the ppv worth downloading?

#89 beguile

beguile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:47 AM

Can't believe you guys didn't mention the fucking annoucement made at this UFC EVENT! That's going to be one of the most anticipated FIGHT OF 2006!

UFC Champ vs Pride Champ. Lots of fight fans can't imagine this is going to happen!

#90 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:58 AM

Can't believe you guys didn't mention the fucking annoucement made at this UFC EVENT! That's going to be one of the most anticipated FIGHT OF 2006!

UFC Champ vs Pride Champ. Lots of fight fans can't imagine this is going to happen!

Too bad it isn't Fedor Emelianenko coming over.

That man is a monster.