Official Sacramento Area CAG thread

• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#91 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

Thanks squid I think I will go check out the Bodies Exhibit with a date this upcoming week. BTW not really a deal but if anyone is interested in RPG's one of the game stops in Davis has Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne in stock. I checked it out earlier this week but it was disc only so I passed. If anybody is desperate enough they have 1 copy.

#92 BADAIM

BADAIM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

Natomas is where I be and savin on games is the life for me lol

#93 squid

squid

sweetdiculous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

I go into that Game Crazy a few times every week when I am in town...So, that might of been me :) hehe...Ive been to it 3 times in the last week, and didn't recognize a single person working there.

I haven't really been there since I left, but from what I have seen the store has a whole different feel to it. We had a lot of really loyal customers that pulled the cash from their accounts and left when we did. For better or worse, it's like a brand new store.

You'll have to tell me how you and your date liked it, Cinder!

#94 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:58 AM

just thought id let you guys know i pricematched the xbox live vision bundle from TRU at CC on arden. check this thread if you dont know what im talkin about

http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=3844501

Posted Image

#95 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:01 AM

just thought id let you guys know i pricematched the xbox live vision bundle from TRU at CC on arden. check this thread if you dont know what im talkin about

http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=3844501

Thanks for the heads up I might go and pick this up on saturday if they still have some left. :) I was in Vacaville a couple of days ago to get ff12 reverant and they had the firepro returns for 10 bucks if anyone is interested in it. Other than that noting. Walmart in dixon still had some of the 20 dollar non goty oblivion.

#96 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

I was able to pick up Phoenix Wright 3 for 15 at Walmart off 65. I have been watching for the tag error for a while now and they fiannly screwed up. They pulled the tag there so dont go to 65. Keep an eye out at your local walmart as these have been popping up all over.
Posted Image

#97 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:12 AM

I finally got a PS3. I was wondering if anybody knows if any of the Best Buys honor a printed 10$ off coupon for any PS3 Game.

#98 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:44 AM

I'm a first year at UC Davis too...just wanted to bump this thread back to the top :D

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#99 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:13 AM

Read in another thread that Natomas BB had some 50% off 360 titles, i think he said they were mostly sport titles. Just thought I would pass this along.
Posted Image

#100 d0ggiefizzle

d0ggiefizzle

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:19 AM

im from south sac. just picked up 2 ghost squads for 9.99 each at the natoms target.

-Crystal Heights Imperial-

My Collection - http://users.ign.com.../nintendo-holic

-Let Tha Moon Run Red With Blood-

#101 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ggiefizzle Posted Image
im from south sac. just picked up 2 ghost squads for 9.99 each at the natoms target.

any more ghost squads left there?
Posted Image

#102 Chanash

Chanash

StuckOnLvL1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

Natomas eh? That's pretty far for me!
[URL="http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Csma"]
Posted Image
[/URL]http://live.xbox.com/member/csma

#103 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:09 AM

Read in another thread that Natomas BB had some 50% off 360 titles, i think he said they were mostly sport titles. Just thought I would pass this along.

Finally went out there to check this out. Pro evo was about 10 dollars after discount. No blue dragon which was advertised. Kinda funny though they had the spanish forza 2 for half off. Anyway question for those more familiar with sac. I have been looking for older generation games, such as old playstation games anyone know where I can pick any up.

#104 chris916

chris916

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

Finally went out there to check this out. Pro evo was about 10 dollars after discount. No blue dragon which was advertised. Kinda funny though they had the spanish forza 2 for half off. Anyway question for those more familiar with sac. I have been looking for older generation games, such as old playstation games anyone know where I can pick any up.

Denios in Roseville on the weekends...dont forget to haggle those cheap fuckers, ether!

#105 squid

squid

sweetdiculous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

Denios is alright, but I haven't ever had the best luck, and one vendor sold a ton of bootleg GBA games. It's never my first choice.

Of course there is always Dimple, but most of them are picked clean beyond sports titles. As long as Fair Game is still up and running check them out. I haven't been there in a while, but they focused on having the older stuff. I've never been disappointed, but you will be paying collectors prices.

#106 chris916

chris916

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

yea I forgot about fair game. Ive only been there twice but I remember their prices being pretty insane. Denios usually has a few places selling PS1 games for like 5 bucks and then you have all those guys doing their garage sales so you may get lucky. DImple either has really goood price or really outrageous prices it's kind of hit and miss.

#107 clortho

clortho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

I'm from Natomas.. I refuse to shop at the Walley World on Truxel. Every time I go into that store I just have a horrible experience.

That WM has the absolute worst customer service in any store I've ever shopped at.

Luckily the new Supercenter in West Sac is like 5 minutes away from there.. now that's a good store.

#108 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

Thanks squid and chris, finally got out to those places and picked the game I was looking for.

#109 hothitter

hothitter

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

Anyone know of a local shop in Sacramento that might have a Dualshock 3 controller imported?

#110 kawikabot

kawikabot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:45 AM

Anyone know of a local shop in Sacramento that might have a Dualshock 3 controller imported?

The play n trade in elk grove has them for 69.99

#111 hothitter

hothitter

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

The play n trade in elk grove has them for 69.99

:O Awesome, i'm heading there now!

#112 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:03 AM

anyone score ssbb yet?

Posted Image

#113 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:17 AM

went to a couple of Targets and south sac Targets have nothing left for ps3 clearanced games, just a heads up!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#114 hothitter

hothitter

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

went to a couple of Targets and south sac Targets have nothing left for ps3 clearanced games, just a heads up!

Nothing in Rancho, Roseville or Lincoln either. I don't think we live in a market where games sit around long enough, also we've got plenty of shelf space because we have so many newer stores. I think we're kinda screwed on target clearance.

#115 RobertEffenHorry

RobertEffenHorry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

Was anyone able to get the $34.99 House of the Dead with Smart Gun Pro Deal at Fry's? I imagine they wouldn't have many of the guns left.

#116 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:18 AM

Was anyone able to get the $34.99 House of the Dead with Smart Gun Pro Deal at Fry's? I imagine they wouldn't have many of the guns left.

I got in on it on Thursday of last week, this was at the Roseville Fry's. When I went back on Saturday I didn't see anymore of the guns left.

BTW- You have some nerve calling yourself Robert Horry in this town. lol

th_w03j81.gif  

#117 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

went to best buy on arden today, they had some 50% off (the tagged price) games, i didnt have a pen so i couldnt write them all down. but they include:

parappa the rapper (psp)
the darkness (360)
nhl 2k8 (360)
syphon filter logans shadow (ps2)
mlb 07 (psp)

and... thats all i can remember off the top of my head, there are several others though. there were ps3 games in there as well, but again, i didnt have a pen ready.

Posted Image

#118 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

Denios is alright, but I haven't ever had the best luck, and one vendor sold a ton of bootleg GBA games. It's never my first choice.

Of course there is always Dimple, but most of them are picked clean beyond sports titles. As long as Fair Game is still up and running check them out. I haven't been there in a while, but they focused on having the older stuff. I've never been disappointed, but you will be paying collectors prices.

thats the problem with fair game, they are hip to prices of video games, so dont expect to find a rare game cheap there. on the other hand, if you are looking for a rare game, theres a good chance they will have it.

Posted Image

#119 hothitter

hothitter

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

Anyone find Hot Shots 5 or Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 locally today?

#120 CrispyPata

CrispyPata

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

hello,
i'm new to the forums and i'm from south sac. i'm glad there's an area thread like this for local deals. :)

I just saw Chrono Cross (greatest hits) for ps1 @ Play N Trade on Elk Grove for $19.99 still new

They are also selling FFVII (greatest hits) on ps1 for $49.99 i believe.

I'll keep my eye out for anything else I see.