$1.99 titles at BestBuy.com (Updated on 10-13)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
10-13 Edit: (360) King Kong is no longer on the site. The only games available for shipping now are:

*ATV ORF 3
*Ping Pals
*NBA 2K5

The probability of you finding any of these titles in store are very slim to none, since they are older titles.

Edit: Shipping is $2.9x per game.

Some are sold out for shipping and are for pick-up only (if you happen to be in luck that it's in stock in your area). Sorry for the lack of links:

www.bestbuy.com

$1.99 titles

Cabela's Deer Hunt Season Opener Greatest Hits

SKU: 7711121

Platform: PlayStation 2

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

SKU: 7569302

Platform: Nintendo DS

The Bible Game

SKU: 7532075

Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie

SKU: 7294625

Platform: Xbox 360

Nanobreaker

SKU: 6998369

Sprung

SKU: 6931993

Ping Pals

SKU: 6916634

ATV Offroad Fury 3

SKU: 6870601

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2

SKU: 6838023

ESPN College Hoops 2K5

SKU: 6833484

American Idol

SKU: 6218185

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

SKU: 5777894

Me and My Katamari $4.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7711112&type=product&id=1138087098162

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't knock King Kong too badly. I bought it for $20 a couple years ago and enjoyed it very much. Some of the levels where you have to distract the dinosaurs were well made.

YAY FOR KING KONG ACHIEVEMENT POINTS!! :lol::applause:

Haha used up a Visa Gift Card that had a few bucks on it that expires in December anyways. :)

[quote name='coolz481']Don't knock King Kong too badly. I bought it for $20 a couple years ago and enjoyed it very much. Some of the levels where you have to distract the dinosaurs were well made.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on King King. I was trying to state that the other titles available were somewhat lackluster.

[quote name='Smallville123']Wow were getting into ps1 bargain bin clearance pricing.... And LOL theres a bible game?[/quote]

Its actually kind of clever, I got it for $5 a year or two back. My kids played it quite a bit. Probably better stuff can be had on PC for free but I never checked.

Wow...most of these are from a VERY old clearance, I can't believe they still have any left. They must've found a lost crate in their warehouse or something.

Anyway, in for King Kong. Been looking for the 360 version of that, played through the original Xbox one and it was actually decent. Comes out to a little over $5 after shipping, which is tolerable but they sure seem like they raised their shipping prices.

Thanks, picked up King Kong, about $5 after shipping not too bad, I liked the demo back on the original xbox, but never picked this up.

ditto for me on king king, was 5.28 after shipping and tax. I'd gladly pick it up at that price at a store so figured why not. Thanks for the heads up :)

Just a word of warning for those who are planning on picking up ATV Offroad Fury 3. If you have the slim PS2, you might not be able to play it. I believe ATV3 was one of the very few games that does not work(or at the least, not very well) on the Slim models of the PS2. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up! I picked up a stocking stuffer or two for the niece and nephew! I finally got King Kong for myself as well!

[quote name='manthing']I'd get KK if I didn't have to pay $3 shipping...[/quote]

ye that would be my dilemma too :( sad...and the achievement points woulda been soooo sweet...perhaps i'll just pick it up on goozex...

eStarland TiVs surprise me:

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (DS) - $7
The Bible Game (PS2) - $6

[quote name='animemaniac14']ye that would be my dilemma too :( sad...and the achievement points woulda been soooo sweet...perhaps i'll just pick it up on goozex...[/quote]

I can't believe so many people are complaining about 3 dollar shipping when the unopened game is 1.99....

[quote name='jbe3rd']I can't believe so many people are complaining about 3 dollar shipping when the unopened game is 1.99....[/quote]

:applause: I totally agree. It's $5 and it's sent to your door. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Stingy Ass Gamer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='manthing']I'd get KK if I didn't have to pay $3 shipping...[/quote]Seriously, 5 bucks after shipping and tax. I paid that much for it used at Blockbuster during the B1G1F and it was a steal. Hell, you could get it, beat it and then trade it in to BB of GS and at least come out even if not ahead during the next GS trade two $10 bonus type of deal (if it qualifies). At the least it would be like a free rental for a solid and fun game.

[quote name='Josef']What the hell? These were part of the February 2007 clearance...[/quote]I noticed that, too. That was the first deal on CAG I saw and I was cautious of looking like a fool so I showed up and started checking to see what was there like a few others. Everybody was unsure of whether to start grabbing games or not like a bunch of idiots circling the aisles playing musical chairs without music. All of a sudden an employee yelled, "Hey, Tim the Godfather is only 2 bucks!" and everyone started grabbing stuff off their lists. I got a lot of good games that day, but I missed out on KK cause some hoarder grabbed all of them immediately.

If anybody can find Me & My Katamari for the PSP, I'd be willing to set up some sort of trade for games or paper currency. I cannot find Me & My Katamari at any BBY stores within 4 hours of here.

[quote name='sacreddoctor']in for 30 but had to place 10 orders....these will make great stocking stuffers![/quote]

You must have a ton of friends or you just want to sell these copies for a profit...

Just a warning: I got Nanobreaker for $2 at a Best Buy maybe two or three years ago. It really isn't worth your time.

it says king kong is sold out online and not available for store pick up... maybe ill have to go to my store and check it out and see if they have it priced down.

[quote name='SDC']Just a warning: I got Nanobreaker for $2 at a Best Buy maybe two or three years ago. It really isn't worth your time.[/quote]
Same, the game is just friggin boring. I usually enjoy beat em ups/hack and slashers, but goddamn this one just sucked. 15 Minutes in and I knew I had played all that the game really had to offer.

[quote name='rainybutterfly']it says king kong is sold out online and not available for store pick up... maybe ill have to go to my store and check it out and see if they have it priced down.[/QUOTE]

Considering that was one of the "hot" titles in February 2007 where most stores sold out before the sale even started (from people buying early and price adjusting) I would say you have virtually no chance of finding it in a Best Buy B&M now. Good luck though :D

bread's done
Back