$1 PSP UMD Movies at Dollar Tree!!!

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!
Not really a DVD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD deal, so I guess I'll be putting it in this forum. Noticed Rent and Starship Troopers at my local store. Didn't look for long since I don't have a PSP.

Anyone know if these are flippable anywhere?

[quote name='buster90']I was at another store in Addison, TX and nothing. I don't think any Texas stores have em. Guess we are too far from Canada.[/QUOTE]

Dollar Tree in Lewisville and South Irving have them.

Just got few titles on Friday & Saturday.

My local store has multiple copies of:

Steamboy
Hollowman
Rent
7 Seconds
Astro Boy
Phelam 123
Baby Boy
Stealth
Bewitched
Christmas w/ the Kranks
Freedomland

If anyone wants to trade for any of those titles, send me a PM.

I am looking for:

Starship Troopers 1
Click
Across The Universe

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit up four Dollar Tree's over the weekend and only came across one store that had some movies in stock. Chapman/Main in Orange, CA.

Picked up: Across the Universe, Boyz N The Hood, Charlie's Angels, Lords of Dogtown, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, Steamboy, and Year One.

They had about half a dozen other movies not listed above but I didn't want them (Bewitched, Little Man, etc. to name a few).

The Orange store also had some pretty good hardcover books as well. Picked up a few of those.

Edit - I love Dollar Stores by the way. A good 90% of the stuff is crap and can be had elsewhere for similar price/quality.. but if you know what's up!

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']There certainly is a way to transfer these and enjoy them on the PSP Go :) YouTube is very resourceful :)[/QUOTE]

If you do that and buy the UMD's your a noob.

Went to two other Dollar Trees in the area, but so far only the first one we went to actually had any movies in stock. I assume the others just have not received their orders yet. I asked a worker, she said all their stock was out and she had not even heard of them getting these movies.

[quote name='mis0']Hit up four Dollar Tree's over the weekend and only came across one store that had some movies in stock. Chapman/Main in Orange, CA.

Picked up: Across the Universe, Boyz N The Hood, Charlie's Angels, Lords of Dogtown, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, Steamboy, and Year One.

They had about half a dozen other movies not listed above but I didn't want them (Bewitched, Little Man, etc. to name a few).

The Orange store also had some pretty good hardcover books as well. Picked up a few of those.

Edit - I love Dollar Stores by the way. A good 90% of the stuff is crap and can be had elsewhere for similar price/quality.. but if you know what's up![/QUOTE]

Same one that i found my movies at. Can you tell me which other Dollar Tree stores you went to so that i dont waste my time going to the same ones?

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']Same one that i found my movies at. Can you tell me which other Dollar Tree stores you went to so that i dont waste my time going to the same ones?[/QUOTE]

Bristol, Harbor, Newhope. ;)

Went to the one in Dallas off Mocking bird lane. Nothing there so if you live nearby don't waste the gas.

3 stores so far and none have em.

Anyone know of any stores in Dallas or around that have em? Someone mentioned Arlington but its 40 minutres away not traveling that far.

Paid $1.06 for Spider-man 3 UMD which is worth $3.85 on amazon unopened.
You open it and its worth a dollar something.

Air Force One, Rent, Layers, are worth like 50 cents. Final Fantasy Spirits Within is worth like $1.

So pretty much Spider-Man Tobey McGuire movies are worth $3.50 to $3.85 unopened.

Checked again today in the Western NY southtowns and hit a 4th store (Union Rd Cheektowaga), and came up empty. The Southgate Plaza store in West Seneca was still the only one that had them, and they just have the leftovers of what they put out Saturday and said that's all they got.

Oh well. At least I managed to get a couple of the ones I was interested in and like 10 okay ones over the weekend... I think I'm giving up the search...

MR_E I hit like 3 stores in the Williamsville and were a no go.

I think overall I checked 10 stores and only 3 had them. As you said Im probably done looking as well. Seems like if the stores got em, they put em out Saturday. Got a decent enough haul. Cant complain.

Checked the DT in Fairview Heights, IL (outside St Louis) while on my way to BB and no dice on the UMDs. Oh well I needed to get my dad a balloon for his bday anyway so the trip wasn't wasted.

Finally saw them. They were placed near the registers but was around the food aisles. Lol. 2 things I didn't see listed was Across the Universe and Astro Boy Volume 1. Might pick some up later.

[quote name='Olengie']Finally saw them. They were placed near the registers but was around the food aisles. Lol. 2 things I didn't see listed was Across the Universe and Astro Boy Volume 1. Might pick some up later.[/QUOTE]

Where are you located?

I couldn't help myself and I picked up 10 umds. The only title that I found that hasn't been mentioned is District 9.

Unsurprisingly, there are none to be found in Bakersfield. One worker just laughed and said that they don't sell video games; I couldn't get her to understand that these are actual movies. Everyone else just thought I wanted crappy Mexican DVDs. I hate this town. Such a waste of my time...I'm recovering from a horrible infection and I shouldn't be walking, so I was really hoping it would be worth the effort.

[quote name='ijustw1n']FYI the shortbread cookies there are awesome.[/QUOTE]

I like the freeze dried banana chips myself. Just make sure you're home within 4 hours of consumption.

I'm hoping these shipments will continue coming in waves so you guys have a chance at them. Maybe Dollar Tree will round up some more UMDs if these sell out.

Any sign of these in the Bmore metro area?

off topic, any one else notice that David changed the size of their sunflower seed bags from 5.25 oz to 4.25 oz. Still a good deal for $1, but they changed the "flavor" of the Ranch seeds. They are simply inedible now.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I like the freeze dried banana chips myself. Just make sure you're home within 4 hours of consumption.[/QUOTE]

Why?....don't like public dumps?

Tried another store today in Rockwall, TX and nada nothing. I am pretty much giving up on this deal. Tried a store in Addison and 2 in Dallas and nothing. Not driving all the way to Arlington in 108 degree heat for em.

Ahhhh.... finally found some.

To Die for
Charlies' Angels
The International
Lords of Dogtown
Boyz N the Hood
Starship Troopers 3
Walk Hard: the Dewy Cox Story
Steamboy
We Own the Night
Cruel Intentions
7 Seconds
Guess Who
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

I passed on Rent, Bewitched and Hollow Man (which I now regret).
They were in a pod in front of the door, only one row with some other stuff in there too. When I walked up to the register with them the clerk looked at me funny, probably wondering why I bought so many. What I grabbed represented probably more than 50% of what was on the floor. I'll be going back tomorrow to see if they replenish the stock and hopefully get Monty Python, Starship Troopers (1) and The Sweetest Thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be hitting up one of the Dollar Trees that I found UMDs at last week. Anyone looking for anything? I'll be happy to pick them up and get them to you for cost + shipping.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']I'll be hitting up one of the Dollar Trees that I found UMDs at last week. Anyone looking for anything? I'll be happy to pick them up and get them to you for cost + shipping.[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM. Thanks.

My local store has multiple copies of:

Steamboy
Hollowman
Rent
7 Seconds
Astro Boy
Phelam 123
Stealth
Bewitched
Christmas w/ the Kranks
Freedomland
Monty Python The Holy Grail

If anyone wants to trade for any of those titles, send me a PM.

I am looking for:

Starship Troopers 1
Click
Across The Universe

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went back to the same store today from yesterday and BOOM UMD movies! I asked the clerk he said they just got a truck in today and just put em out.

Anyone I managed to get:

Steamboy
Nick and Norah Playlist
Underworld Rise of the Lycans
The Gospal
Boyz in the Hood
The International
Gridiron Gang
Paul Blart
Accross the Universe
Fired UP!
Michael Jackson's This is It
Dark Crystal

They has had copies of but did not buy (might get later):

Hollowman
Guess Who
Spiderman Cartoon series
Zorro
Starship Troopers 3
7 Seconds
Rent
Lords of Dogtown
Bad Boys 2
The Matrix
Bewitched
Charlies Angels
Crossover
Stealth
To Die for

^ With your avatar I'm suprised you passed on The Matrix. Checked another local store and they had nothing. I'll be heading back to the other store shortly.

bread's done
Back