$10-$20 coupon codes on select pre-orders

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Gamestop.com has $10-$20 coupon codes when you pre-order the following games

Use coupon code F2D for "Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM". Make sure to pick the free 2 day ground shipping at checkout. (thanks IAmTheCheapestGamer)

$20 coupon codes:
Halo Reach/Limited/Legendary
Super Mario Galaxy 2

$10 coupon codes:
Alan Wake/Limited
Blur
Crackdown 2
Green Day: Rock Band/Plus
Madden NFL 11
Mafia 2
ModNation Racers
Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands
Red Dead Redemption
Singularity
Shrek Forever After
Skate 3
Split/Second
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
UFC Undisputed 2010

Coupon Code FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?
A: Other than Edge, no they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: I pre-ordered a game before it had the coupon code deal. Will I still get it?
A: I don't know. Email Gamestop [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: When do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: Is this deal in stores, or can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. This is online only at Gamestop.com. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to take up to 3 days before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't received it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered galaxy a while ago when overnight shipping wasnt free. Does anyone know if they will give me overnight shipping for free or what?

I got a email stating that I would not get the coupon in a previous order. I replyed and have not gotten a reply yet, when I do I will post an up date FYI the CS rep was Jamie

[quote name='slimin1122']I ordered galaxy a while ago when overnight shipping wasnt free. Does anyone know if they will give me overnight shipping for free or what?[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what the entirety of this thread has been about. Yes, just email them asking to apply the free overnight and $20 credit to your order. If they don't give it to you, keep sending the emails and you'll get someone to apply it eventually.

Honestly Slim, you'd be better off calling.

I called to have them add overnight codes to both Alan Wake and RDR. I emailed them a couple of days ago regarding a new promotion on Alan Wake, and have been given the run around ever since.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Honestly Slim, you'd be better off calling.

I called to have them add overnight codes to both Alan Wake and RDR. I emailed them a couple of days ago regarding a new promotion on Alan Wake, and have been given the run around ever since.[/QUOTE]
I don't think thats the typical experience people have been having. I emailed twice, and got a response within 2 hours each time, then it was done.

This is my first time ordering from gamestop.com (RDR and MG2), do you guys have in your status "Pre-order Ships 5/18/2010" ? because when I ordered it used to say "Verifying" now it says Pre-order Ships 5/18/2010.

[quote name='AceSam14']This is my first time ordering from gamestop.com (RDR and MG2), do you guys have in your status "Pre-order Ships 5/18/2010" ? because when I ordered it used to say "Verifying" now it says Pre-order Ships 5/18/2010.[/QUOTE]

Depends. What type of shipping did you choose?

On 3 separate occasions, for 1 order, I emailed Gamestop to add coupons to my pre-order. On all 3 occasions they gave me no hassle and did it fairly promptly. When calling Gamestop, on the other hand . . . well, my results have always been bad.

As of right now, my order stands like this:

Red Dead Redemption $45 - Free overnight shipping + $20 in coupons
Mod Nation Racers $45 - Free overnight shipping + $10 in coupons
UFC 2010 $45 - Free overnight + $10 in coupons

[quote name='Fearia']On 3 separate occasions, for 1 order, I emailed Gamestop to add coupons to my pre-order. On all 3 occasions they gave me no hassle and did it fairly promptly. When calling Gamestop, on the other hand . . . well, my results have always been bad.

Mod Nation Racers $45 - Free overnight shipping + $10 in coupons
UFC 2010 $45 - Free overnight + $10 in coupons[/QUOTE]

When gamestop fucks up they actually have some pretty competitive prices. :lol:

[quote name='Fearia']

[/QUOTE]

Did you order two or did you get them to price match Amazon's promotion?

If you got a PM I'd be pretty surprised. GS is notorious for NEVER honoring competitor prices...let alone promotions.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']Does the $10/20 coupons off of your next purchase show in your order history?[/QUOTE]

There's no reference to the coupons/codes (at least in my order description).

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Did you order two or did you get them to price match Amazon's promotion?

If you got a PM I'd be pretty surprised. GS is notorious for NEVER honoring competitor prices...let alone promotions.

There's no reference to the coupons/codes (at least in my order description).[/QUOTE]

There has been a surprisingly large amount of people that have gotten GS to price match Walmart and Amazon.

[quote name='kyrhon']There has been a surprisingly large amount of people that have gotten GS to price match Walmart and Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think it was only a small number and it seems like they all were assisted by one specific customer service rep during a 2-3 hour period a few days ago. Everyone else has been rejected by multiple reps.

[quote name='bojay1997'] Everyone else has been rejected by multiple reps.[/QUOTE]

You can chalk me up onto that list.

I just called, and was told that in fact that I should receive a $10 credit for my preorder of Alan Wake (I placed the order BEFORE the promo went live).

However, when I mentioned the $20 credit for RDR over at Amazon, he instructed me that they do not match promotions...:cry:

Did you guys use 25off on top of this for RDR?
it's essentially $45 plus $10 coupon. Why would they match a $60 + 20 credit deal?

I used 25off for the pre-order awhile back, and then they PMed Amazon / Walmart. The funny part is they sent me the coupon before the game has been charged + shipped. Definitely YMMV, but hilarious. If there was a really competitive place competing, I'd probably just walk away with the $10 coupon and scratch the rest just for my hatred for GS. But, hey, with this pricing . . . well, who could complain?

I might just try applying this $10 coupon towards the order now though . . . lulz :)

[quote name='AceSam14']Did you guys get charged already for RDR ? it looks like gamestop already charged me.[/QUOTE]
They typically only charge when the item is shipped I think, so maybe that means they are shipping RDR already. If so, then maybe I'll have it prior to Tuesday.:applause:

EDIT: Nope. Mine is still listed as 'open', but I don't have the gift card right next to me to check the available balance.

So are there any current coupons for getting a certain % off of a preorder?

I want to preorder the MGS:pW CE and just have the free shipping code in, however if there was a 25% coupon or something off of a single preorder I'd rather do that.

[quote name='AceSam14']Did you guys get charged already for RDR ? it looks like gamestop already charged me.[/QUOTE]

same here just checked my edge balance and it went down $49

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just posted this in the RDR thread as well, but apparently Gamestop/Best Buy and maybe a few other retailers are giving away decks of playing cards made to look like ones from the Old West with pre-orders of the game.

There's an article about the pre-order goodie giveaway on Kotaku for those who wanna see what the cards look like: http://kotaku.com/5537023/the-satan...g-jacks-of-red-dead-redemptions-playing-cards[/QUOTE]

ohh thanks for reminding me, gonna have to ebay a deck cus i ordered from gamestop and dont live in the US!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I think those are for in-store orders, maybe even midnight release events specifically.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks then, since like I said I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be able to make the midnight release, though if it means I get another bonus from the pre-order I'll probably just cancel the online one and go in-store Monday night.

Picked up :wii: Wii Fit Plus, :wii: Bust-a-Move Bash! and :360: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 for $114 after tax. Free shipping too. Should make the g/f happy.

Then ordered me some :360: Red Dead Redemption with The Deal crap that's going on. Couldn't really pass it up.

We appreciate your time. We do see that you are eligible for the $10.00 coupon which will be emailed with 24 hours of the game shipping. We do see that you have value shipping and not the overnight as you used the 25% off code. You are only able to use one coupon code per order and the code that used is for the 25% off. You can choose the free overnight shipping however we will need to remove the 25% off.

Darn.

[quote name='kylerg']Darn.[/QUOTE]

It's responses like that, that make me remember why I haven't purchased from GS in awhile.

Honestly, it's a joke that they don't stack promotions/codes. If you're willing to take a few minutes to call CS, you might get lucky and speak to someone who will honor the overnight shipping + the 25% off code you used...that's what I did, and I believe others were successful in getting them stacked.

WOW im glad i ordered the ps3 version! :p, also gamestop already charged me...hope it ships soon.

Just checked the IGN link, the cover art is the one all stores are using, so i guess the ebay link-cover was a fake.

Get $10 off a future order when you purchase Red Dead Redemption. The $10 coupon code will be emailed when the order ships. Online Offer only. Not valid in stores or for in-store pick up customers.
So, earlier I said that I recieved my Price Matched code early for Red Dead Redemption . . .

Well, I decided to give a call to change my credit card information because I thought it had an outdated expiration date on it. When I called, I was told the expiration date was correct, so I decided to try adding said coupon to my order. At which point, I was told "Well, I can't add that to your RDR Pre-Order because it's already processing / shipping, but I can to Mod Nation Racers and UFC 2010. So, it'll take $10 off MNR and $10 off UFC 2010."

I don't know if she mis-spoke, but I really hope not. Because holy crap-ola, $10 off each individually would be ridiculously awesome ($20 off instead of 10 then!)! Mind you, these codes aren't supposed to work on pre-orders . . . :D

If this is true, it'd add up to:
$45 RDR + $10 off coupon + $10 (used on MNR / UFC)
$35 MNR + $10 off
$35 UFC + $10 off

*Brain explodes*

[quote name='AceSam14']Will RDR ship tonight for everyone? since they charged already for the game. Also IGN gave RDR a 9.7![/QUOTE]

If you chose Overnight delivery it should be guaranteed to be ship tonight. Not sure about the other methods.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']anyones rdr that added overnight from csr ship yet?[/QUOTE]

According to my order history, mine shipped this afternoon, yet I still have yet to see a tracking number (I added it through a CSR after preordering).

Also, while checking my Alan Wake preorder, it also has shipped, oddly enough with a tracking number. Plus they actually sent the bonus items via my email :p

[quote name='Nelo Ice']anyones rdr that added overnight from csr ship yet?[/QUOTE]
Mine shipped earlier today as I was preparing to cancel it since I decided to go to one of the midnight releases. So now I have to return the game with the receipt from my midnight release copy.:cry:

Now the wait begins for the $10 code and to see whether or not the online pre-ordered copy is the edition I'm getting in store tonight or not.

I received the $10 coupon code for UFC 2010, but I'm trying to buy Band Hero used and the code won't apply. Is the code only for brand new games or am I missing something?

[quote name='FriscoDude']I received the $10 coupon code for UFC 2010, but I'm trying to buy Band Hero used and the code won't apply. Is the code only for brand new games or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
Should only work on new games. I've had this happen 2 times already. Gamestop said to place the order and they would credit me the 10 bucks after it ships. Worked out both times. Call them up so they know.

On a seperate note, I just got my Alan Wake Avatar shirt and theme codes. I don't have use for the female shirt so if anyone wants it here's the code.

CB99B-MKBQ2-27KCW-XH2B3-76D7G

Oh allright; thanks for help. Too bad this coupon won't stack; 20% off used games and Edge would have made this game about $14.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Should only work on new games. I've had this happen 2 times already. Gamestop said to place the order and they would credit me the 10 bucks after it ships. Worked out both times. Call them up so they know.

On a seperate note, I just got my Alan Wake Avatar shirt and theme codes. I don't have use for the female shirt so if anyone wants it here's the code.

CB99B-MKBQ2-27KCW-XH2B3-76D7G[/QUOTE]

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Should only work on new games. I've had this happen 2 times already. Gamestop said to place the order and they would credit me the 10 bucks after it ships. Worked out both times. Call them up so they know.

CB99B-MKBQ2-27KCW-XH2B3-76D7G[/QUOTE]

Used it... thank you!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']According to my order history, mine shipped this afternoon, yet I still have yet to see a tracking number (I added it through a CSR after preordering).

Also, while checking my Alan Wake preorder, it also has shipped, oddly enough with a tracking number. Plus they actually sent the bonus items via my email :p[/QUOTE]

well just checked it shipped but i havent gotten a tracking # either

bread's done
Back