10%-30% Off Select Titles + $10 Coupon at GameStop.com - 5/24 new games & price drops

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]14809[/IMG-R]Save 10%-30% off select titles and get a $10 coupon towards future purchases. Spend $100+ and use coupon code 25DEAL to get an additional 25% off. Online only.

Highlights include:
:360::ps3: Super Street Figher IV $29.99
:ps3: God of War III $44.99
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $34.99
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It $16.99
:ds: Glory of Heracles $12.99

icongs_r1.gif
All discounted titles with $10 coupon

Edit: Some people have had success using coupon code "2D15" to get 15% off and free shipping on a single item. Also, thanks for the clean-up, Cheapy!

Edit 2: Used games do qualify for the $10 coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you still get the $10 coupons if you order multiple games and do you still get it if you use codes to buy the games? I am debating placing a big order for stuff I was considering anyways then using the code for 25% off to take further bring the price of Wario and Glory of heracles down even further. I just wnat to make sure all this stacks and I get both $10 off coupons and the 25% off.

Anyone able to confirm receipt of codes when purchasing used copies? I'm a bit wary of trying, since the last time they did this kind of offer it was for new copies only.

Also wondering if this works for pre-owned titles. It'd be tops to get 20pre and 10%off edge discount, plus SAVER shipping, PLUS updated discounts and $10 credits. I checked out with new super mario bros., super street fighter iv, and assassins creed for $60 (great deal) but didnt see any restrictions on credits, it just said if i buy those titles i get $10 extra.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Do you still get the $10 coupons if you order multiple games and do you still get it if you use codes to buy the games? I am debating placing a big order for stuff I was considering anyways then using the code for 25% off to take further bring the price of Wario and Glory of heracles down even further. I just wnat to make sure all this stacks and I get both $10 off coupons and the 25% off.[/QUOTE]

I got a $10 code after using my previous $10 code on LBP:GotY, so I'm pretty sure you are eligible for the code even if you have used one in your current order. Only thing is that the $10 codes don't stack with anything else, so I use them for single purchases only.

I'm also wondering if we would receive $10 future credit with USED versions.

I'd like to use my $10 credit from a previous purchase towards a $30 copy of used new super mario bros, and then trade that used copy in to amazon for $32.....

[quote name='estofan']I got a $10 code after using my previous $10 code on LBP:GotY, so I'm pretty sure you are eligible for the code even if you have used one in your current order. Only thing is that the $10 codes don't stack with anything else, so I use them for single purchases only.[/QUOTE]

Thats not what I am asking. I currently do not have a $10 off code, I am thinking of buying 2 games that come with $10 off codes, however I am planning on using the 25deal code to purchase this big order. I am wondering if I use 25 code do I still get the two $10 off codes?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Thats not what I am asking. I currently do not have a $10 off code, I am thinking of buying 2 games that come with $10 off codes, however I am planning on using the 25deal code to purchase this big order. I am wondering if I use 25 code do I still get the two $10 off codes?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I've done it before with their previous deals.

[quote name='Jasonlydon']Yes. I've done it before with their previous deals.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just makes it an amazing deal since after taking off 30%(5% tax so no point in taking off 35%)it works out to $9 for GoH...and the code gives you $10!

I couldn't resist so I decided to order :ps3: SSF4 and :ds: Glory of Heracles for $42.98 + tax with free shipping (SAVER). I'm going to return the :ps3: SSF4 that I ordered with the 25OFF since that copy actually costs more than the current promotion.

GS is giving us amazing deals:)

Whoot! Got Assassin Creed 2 for 19.05. Using SAVER and a $10 coupon.

Now another $10 coupon on on the way. This is just too awesome.

[quote name='AMadcap']Anyone able to confirm receipt of codes when purchasing used copies? I'm a bit wary of trying, since the last time they did this kind of offer it was for new copies only.[/QUOTE]
I will send off an email to GameStop.

[quote name='mokmoof']Thanks for this, OP! I think I'll be getting Wario and Herecles for a total of around $20... My only hesitation is that Amazon is pretty good about price matching these kinds of deals--and their $10 credits stack, whereas GameStop's do not.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop knows that they can't fuck around anymore...video game sales are shitting the bed this quarter, and the big dogs, amazon and walmart, are finally setting their sites square on them. Those massive profit margins they've enjoyed in years past is finally getting squeezed something fierce, so they've got to fight back to gain sales and customer loyalty. AND GOOD! BECAUSE WHO DOES IT BENEFIT?!? US, BABY!!!

Healthy competition for the micky ficky consumer win, baby!

Heh so I just placed my order. 53 games and the total with discounts was about $170. Add in the $10 code and id say thats a hell of a good deal....now just to see how many of these games come complete. I am going to guess about 23 out of the 53.

[quote name='CheapyD']I will send off an email to GameStop.[/QUOTE]
Awesome; thank you for the extra 'legwork' on this one. ;)

Definitely looking at 3 of the Wii titles new, but I may pick up some of the 360 titles as well if used codes are a go.

[quote name='CheapyD']I will send off an email to GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Not to bother you too much, but while you're at it, can you find out how long we should wait before calling/emailing about codes we haven't received?

I received Capcom vs Tatsunoko today (ordered last week), which is a game with a $10 GC but have no GC in my inbox so I dunno if they're just behind due to lots of orders or if for some reason it didn't get sent out...

Sweet. In for Super Street Fighter. Made my order, but I haven't recieved a 10$ coupon yet. Does the 2D15 code negate the coupon ???

[quote name='Kalmaholic']Sweet. In for Super Street Fighter. Made my order, but I haven't recieved a 10$ coupon yet. Does the 2D15 code negate the coupon ???[/QUOTE]

You get your coupon the day of (or day after) shipping.

[quote name='blahtastic']You get your coupon the day of (or day after) shipping.[/QUOTE]

HAH! I've only received one coupon out of three orders. The first I had to email them and this time the game showed up in my mailbox before GS even sent me the ship email but of course no code in email (which I want so I can order this for $20).

[quote name='prateeko']Not to bother you too much, but while you're at it, can you find out how long we should wait before calling/emailing about codes we haven't received?

I received Capcom vs Tatsunoko today (ordered last week), which is a game with a $10 GC but have no GC in my inbox so I dunno if they're just behind due to lots of orders or if for some reason it didn't get sent out...[/QUOTE]

I purchased that game last week, and received it today as well. I don't recall the GC was up and running at that time, because this is the first I heard of it. Unless I wasn't paying attention, I think we're not due anything. Hell, I'd be happy if we were though.

We are absolutely due something. It was cheap (I think $33) AND it was on the page with the $10GCs. THey jacked up the price, but if I don't have a $10GC by tomorrow, I'm calling their asses

[quote name='cheapskake']is this for used games or new games the eligible 10 credit coupon?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. Cheapy said he'd contact Gamestop. I imagine he'll edit the OP when he hears back.

[quote name='Dranakin']Damn, I just had my previous order of SSFIV ship out today. Anyway I can get the $10 credit now, or should I just order another copy?[/QUOTE]

Well, it looks like it won't even let me order another copy. What's the best way to contact GS to see about getting the $10 credit for an order that just shipped out as this promotion started?

Ended up getting Mass Effect 2, used. After code and Edge discount, came out to be 30.59 before tax and with free ground shipping. Also has a 25 dollar gift card so it made it only like 7 bucks. If I get that 10 dollar coupon that would make the deal even sweeter, but we will see.

So what are the chances of us getting a sealed copy again? I know it's Gamestop, but the last time my friend ordered Ace Attorney Investigations he somehow ended up getting his sealed o_O

Gonna have to call in the mornin. I canceled my SSFIV order to add a few games to use the 25deal coupon and now it's saying SSFIV is one per household and keeps removing it from my order.

So far, all the new games I ordered from gamestop have been sealed.

With 2d15, my total comes to 27.72 with tax for SSFIV. Should I bite on this deal or wait for a lower price?

I still have a couple of backlog but this deal is just too tempting and I don't know when another price drop will be. What a conundrum.

Edit:
Ah, screw it. I bit. The $10 for future purchases just made the deal sweeter.

I just sent an e-mail to Gamestop regarding Tatsunoko vs Capcom and the $10 off coupon. I received my copy yesterday and I still do not have a coupon.

I'd love to use the coupon for New Super Mario Bros. Wii

[quote name='Sway']In post 107 of the Fallout 3 thread, iwill773 confirmed receiving a $10 code when the used version was purchased. I'd imagine it still holds true since it was recent.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260355&page=6[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they will, they had a used ACII in stock for $22 so hopefully I'll still get my credit.

A quick question... does GS refund a credit if it was used on a failed order? I tried to buy Skies of Arcadia legends yesterday, which was a strange process (it kept saying it was in stock and out of stock during the order process), eventually after confirming the order they sent me an email later that day saying the order had to be cancelled. Problem is, the $10 coupon I used with it doesn't work anymore. Will I get this back?

[quote name='Sway']In post 107 of the Fallout 3 thread, iwill773 confirmed receiving a $10 code when the used version was purchased. I'd imagine it still holds true since it was recent.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260355&page=6[/QUOTE]

I'd have to say that was likely a lucky buy; the description for that offer even specifically listed 'not valid on used games.' :lol:

I could probably order a used copy of one of the cheap titles for this offer with a $10 off code to test it, but I'd really rather buy new when the prices are so close (and there's no guarantee I'll get another code on used copies at the moment). I also don't like that the 'manual and original box guarantee' has been dropped across the board on the site.

Mostly I'm debating right now if I really want Mario Kart, which bumps my order over $100 for 25DEAL, or if I should just buy the others with 15% off. Decisions, decisions.

I really wish Gamestop would start offering these sales in store, as well. Not the $10 credit, necessarily, but at least the $$ off. I have trouble ordering from them online since SAVER generally uses USPS and they aren't too great delivering to my apt.

Wait, so SAVER stack with other coupons?

Also, when they say it's new from Gamestop.com, do they really send out new games? Is it possible that they will send me a used copy of Warioland?

[quote name='CheapyD']I have confirmed from GameStop that used games do qualify for the $10 coupon.

[/QUOTE]
Excellent, thank you. Time to pick up a couple more titles.

UGH. I ordered SSFIV for the 360 when it was in stock but my order is stuck on verifying and now the game is backordered. I tried calling but I went straight to voicemail all night up until they closed.

I wonder if or when I will actually get it. This is assuming I can get in tough with them to see what they need verified since everything is valid.

[quote name='krizax21']can i used 25deal and edge card doesn't seem to be working can anyone confirm this thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm new to gamestop online orders and the site is pretty vague, can anyone tell me how and if I'll get the gift card/coupon code thingie if I used the 25DEAL and SAVER codes at checkout. I bought god of war 3 and red dead redmption, so I assume I should get a 10 & a 20 off future purchase code or something right?

(total for both after tax was 84.24 saver took 26.25off)

Anyone else get the email from GS stating the 9 deals, one of which is 10.00 off any purchase? So basically, whether you have a 10.00 coupon or not, you can get 10.00 off. Just wondered. I am still hating their coupon set up and will keep complaining about it! Either make them stack, or if you have more than one in an order (say three games that receive 10.00 coupon each) at least stack them automatically giving a 30.00 coupon.

does anyone know that if you canceled an order that had a $10 off future purchase, will the code be activated again? or do I have to contact them to send another code?

I ended up ordering three New Super Mario Brothers for Wii, and one Wario Land Shake It- all used. After 25DEAL and tax it comes to $83.93. I plan on flipping the NSMBs to GS for ~$40 in GS credit each, and returning the Wario Land, so I'm looking at about $130 back in credit that way, and $40 in free coupon codes. :D Thanks, OP!

bread's done
Back