10%-30% Off Select Titles + $10 Coupon at GameStop.com - 5/24 new games & price drops

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]14809[/IMG-R]Save 10%-30% off select titles and get a $10 coupon towards future purchases. Spend $100+ and use coupon code 25DEAL to get an additional 25% off. Online only.

Highlights include:
:360::ps3: Super Street Figher IV $29.99
:ps3: God of War III $44.99
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $34.99
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It $16.99
:ds: Glory of Heracles $12.99

icongs_r1.gif
All discounted titles with $10 coupon

Edit: Some people have had success using coupon code "2D15" to get 15% off and free shipping on a single item. Also, thanks for the clean-up, Cheapy!

Edit 2: Used games do qualify for the $10 coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would have thought I'd be ordering stuff from Gamestop and not Amazon?

They definitely succeeded in getting my attention. Heck, I ordered Glory of Heracles and I don't even know what it is, but for $0.99(after $10 coupon, before tax and shipping), how could I resist?

Yeah, this be some crazy good deals. I'm probably gonna check back and see if they restock on 3D Dot Game Heroes, but Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and Glory of Heracles seem pretty good at that price point already.

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Hmm, ordered SSFIV when it was $30... any way to match the new price of $28 and get the money back?[/QUOTE]

you can contact them i think its at [email protected] and they might give u the difference on a giftcard. i emailed them back when it dropped to 30 and they sending me a 4 dollar gift card.

on a different note. does anyone know if there is a way to confirm the shipping address for gamestop instead of giving them your billing statement? they wont let me place an order with my credit card cuz the billing and shipping dont match. but i dont feel like faxing them my statement.

Order four games last week about four days later received an email with four codes.
Used a code for street fighter,three days later got a 10 off code. So it all worked for me.I just wish i had something to use the codes on.

Hmm I checked USPS for my mario galaxy 2 and here's what I saw:

Processed through Sort Facility, May 25, 2010, 9:31 pm, LOUISVILLE, KY 40231 Missent, May 25, 2010, 8:00 am
Arrival at Post Office, May 25, 2010, 7:00 am, LOUISVILLE, KY 40219
Processed through Sort Facility, May 25, 2010, 2:54 am, LOUISVILLE, KY 40231 Shipment Accepted; May 24, 2010, 6:50 pm, LOUISVILLE, KY 40231
Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 24, 2010

I was surprised they admit to mis sending it on the tracker. Don't know how to feel about it, I want to play the game!

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Unfortunately, that disclaimer was not much of a guarantee as I and other CAGs got several incomplete games that were "guaranteed complete".

.[/QUOTE]

I guess they figure since people are getting games for very low prices, they'd rather sell more than less and just have people bs about the quality of what's coming down. The sad thing is its their retail locations that suffer the loss when they have to take in the crap and then ship it out as defective. Where it'll be recycled back into corporate's inventory, probably count against the store's profit margin (since they just lost a used sale they would have made at a higher price), and then the whole cycle will repeat again a month or so later. Likely with the same scratched, scarred, smeared discs that were sent back.

[quote name='illennium']Well, that's great, but the video game industry is a lot bigger than you and your brother. I'm not even sure I've ever seen a Game Crazy, and I've lived in several states recently. They just haven't been a big competitor in the market, as evidenced by the fact that they are apparently going out of business. Here are the top video game retailers in the country (in 2008, though the numbers are likely similar now):

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=61775[/QUOTE]

In 2008? WOW! you are way off. I mean CURRENTLY. I buy all my games currently at Game Crazy 20-50% off. Game Stop is feeling it i guranntee you. If you are so simple minded to not understand im sorry. I know alot of people are doing the same (if they are smart). Alot of the stock is gone after 20% (NATIONWIDE) so i know they are selling and it is indeed CURRENTLY hurting Gamestop. I simply used me and my brother as an ex. because we both buy roughly 25-30 games a year.

PS link is bad anyway

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Hmm, ordered SSFIV when it was $30... any way to match the new price of $28 and get the money back?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it depends on how long ago you ordered it. That being said, I have had 2 positive experiences w/ this in the last month. Both super street fighter 4 and demon souls dropped a few dollars just days after I ordered them. I wrote gamestop describing what happened, and they gladly credited my account and apologized for the inconvenience. Kudos to gamestop on their recent deals!

[quote name='nddave']In 2008? WOW! you are way off. I mean CURRENTLY. I buy all my games currently at Game Crazy 20-50% off. Game Stop is feeling it i guranntee you. If you are so simple minded to not understand im sorry. I know alot of people are doing the same (if they are smart). Alot of the stock is gone after 20% (NATIONWIDE) so i know they are selling and it is indeed CURRENTLY hurting Gamestop. I simply used me and my brother as an ex. because we both buy roughly 25-30 games a year.

PS link is bad anyway[/QUOTE]

i have yet to ever see a gamecrazy store (living in NJ), and i guess i never will now ;). checking store locator and the closest one is almost 40 miles away. as opposed to almost a dozen gamestops that are within a 20 minute range.

[quote name='nddave']In 2008? WOW! you are way off. I mean CURRENTLY. I buy all my games currently at Game Crazy 20-50% off. Game Stop is feeling it i guranntee you. If you are so simple minded to not understand im sorry. I know alot of people are doing the same (if they are smart). Alot of the stock is gone after 20% (NATIONWIDE) so i know they are selling and it is indeed CURRENTLY hurting Gamestop. I simply used me and my brother as an ex. because we both buy roughly 25-30 games a year.

PS link is bad anyway[/QUOTE]

im gonna go with game crazy NOT hurting gamestop as well. there are literally a HANDFUL of game crazy stores in the country. there's probably more gamestops in my half of philadelphia than there are game crazys in the whole country. even if everyone buying at gamecrazy stopped buying from gamestop altogether, it would be like stabbing an elephant with a sewing needle. if game crazy were any threat to gamestop at all, they wouldn't be going out of business.

heck, independent, non-chain gaming stores do more damage to gamestop(combined across the country) than gamecrazy

[quote name='StonedJedi']if you order new online do they send you sealed copies? or is there a chance of getting opened cases?[/QUOTE]

if you purchase a new game from gamestop ONLINE, it will a sealed copy

[quote name='StonedJedi']if you order new online do they send you sealed copies? or is there a chance of getting opened cases?[/QUOTE]

You will get a sealed copy.

So I sent an email to GS:CS expressing my displeasure that the $10 coupon will not stack. It should state that under the "Bonus" section along with the other disclaimers, but it just says "Get $10 off a future order..." which is then what you should get, regardless of any other deal. Their excellent response:

"Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
For your satisfaction we have processed a request to have your shipping costs refunded to you..."

Since I used "saver", I will get a $0.00 refund.

LOL.Sigh.

[quote name='sassylaurie']So I sent an email to GS:CS expressing my displeasure that the $10 coupon will not stack. It should state that under the "Bonus" section along with the other disclaimers, but it just says "Get $10 off a future order..." which is then what you should get, regardless of any other deal. Their excellent response:

"Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
For your satisfaction we have processed a request to have your shipping costs refunded to you..."

LOL.Sigh.[/QUOTE]

lmao wow

so it looks like i may have been blacklisted on gamestop.com o_O i helped my friends order some nsmb (got 4 copies) and they've been canceling everything else ive bought including mario galaxy 2.. called and they said someone has been misusing my info or something...

so does anyone know if there is a way to cancel the gamestop.com account? or another way to unlink my edge card with that account? so i can try with a diff account?

[quote name='sassylaurie']
[/QUOTE]

So after my responding email:

"I appreciate what you are trying to do, but a refund of $0.00 does not really satisfy me.
"

They replied with:

"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. A refund request has been issued in the amount of $10.00..."

I walk away satisfied once again. Good CS in the end, but the $10 coupon code should still stack, the way the "Bonus" is worded on the game details page.

Emailed customer service regarding the delay in sending the $10 off coupons for the games that I ordered.
They stated that due to the high demand, there was going to be a delay of 2-3 business days to send out the coupons.

[quote name='unforeseen']Emailed customer service regarding the delay in sending the $10 off coupons for the games that I ordered.
They stated that due to the high demand, there was going to be a delay of 2-3 business days to send out the coupons.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat and still waiting for my $20 SMG2 promotion and $10 for another order.

Did anyone who used the buy two get one get 10 codes for their orders? I ordered 2 used new super mario for the wii and didn't get anything so I'm curious if it was because I used it as the B1G1 glitch.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Did anyone who used the buy two get one get 10 codes for their orders? I ordered 2 used new super mario for the wii and didn't get anything so I'm curious if it was because I used it as the B1G1 glitch.[/QUOTE]

I ordered 2 New Super Mario Bros Wii on the glitch and got 2 $10 coupons.

does anyone know when they send out the $10 codes??? i just ordered assassins creed 2 online and was just wondering if any1 has had the codes sent out 2 them and if they did get it how long did it take?

[quote name='twinton']I ordered 2 New Super Mario Bros Wii on the glitch and got 2 $10 coupons.[/QUOTE]

Did you do it when it was the B1G1 or did you do it as the actual bought 2 got 1 free?

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']i just ordered 3d dot game heroes with a $10 game credit. it's backordered but for 24 bucks i can't complain![/QUOTE]

How did you get it for 24? Its showing up for 29.99 for me.

[quote name='Oysterboy']How did you get it for 24? Its showing up for 29.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

I'd venture that he used a $10 coupon he already had.

or maybe he spent over 100 dollars and used the 25% off code? $24 is 20% discounted from $30, and that extra 5% may be the taxes which he does not take into consideration...possibly?

[quote name='au7oma7ic']or maybe he spent over 100 dollars and used the 25% off code? $24 is 20% discounted from $30, and that extra 5% may be the taxes which he does not take into consideration...possibly?[/QUOTE]

25DEAL won't discount it since it's not in-stock.

I'm guessing he used a $10 code, but didn't use SAVER.

[quote name='unforeseen']Emailed customer service regarding the delay in sending the $10 off coupons for the games that I ordered.
They stated that due to the high demand, there was going to be a delay of 2-3 business days to send out the coupons.[/QUOTE]

Same here, got the same response for my $10 coupon for SSFIV, but I did manage to get the $20 coupon for SMG2

[quote name='sassylaurie']So after my responding email:

"I appreciate what you are trying to do, but a refund of $0.00 does not really satisfy me.
"

They replied with:

"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. A refund request has been issued in the amount of $10.00..."

I walk away satisfied once again. Good CS in the end, but the $10 coupon code should still stack, the way the "Bonus" is worded on the game details page.

[/QUOTE]

You got so lucky! I preordered RDR with the free overnight shipping deal. They goofed on the weight and was held at UPs for 2 additional business days. I called and complained and guess what they said? They first laughed at me saying UPS are idiots the package weight was slightly off. Then the guy offered to refund the free overnight shipping to me. I sorta got upset and told him you are joking right? He told me nope and if i want my preorder bonus which i can only get with gamestop i got to deal with it. I was shocked how i was treated. I felt like i was in my local GS store and being treated poorly. The funny thing is i got a email saying i was refunded 0.00...

The morale of the story is always try you might get lucky or get picked by some person that should of been fired ages ago. :)

I also wish the coupons stacked which i did not know this until after. I only order from GS if the preorder bonus is sweet anyways. I had the worst experience with ODST preorder from newegg but that is another story for another day. I will never preorder for a bonus there again it was way beyond a nightmare. I love newegg just not for the bonus preorder stuff. :)

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I guess they figure since people are getting games for very low prices, they'd rather sell more than less and just have people bs about the quality of what's coming down. The sad thing is its their retail locations that suffer the loss when they have to take in the crap and then ship it out as defective. Where it'll be recycled back into corporate's inventory, probably count against the store's profit margin (since they just lost a used sale they would have made at a higher price), and then the whole cycle will repeat again a month or so later. Likely with the same scratched, scarred, smeared discs that were sent back.[/QUOTE]
I've had good luck with taking my online used games back to the brick and mortar store. They seem to have no problem with exchanging for a better condition, complete copy (if they have it in stock).

[quote name='hqn101']I've received my order but still have not received the coupons.[/QUOTE]

I emailed GS about this last week and was told to be patient with the coupons because demand for them is very, very strong.

When did you order? Are you sure it's not stuck in a spam filter or something?

So far my coupons come about 2 days after I place the order.

And on a side note, 3D Dot Game Heroes just shipped! I wasn't entirely sure it really would, so I'm pretty dang happy. Just $21ish!

[quote name='Morphx2']Customer service said I cant get the $10 promo because it was a USED copy..but the website doesnt say anything about that :\[/QUOTE]
Can someone verify this? If you buy a USED copy via their deals (like AC2), you don't get the $10 coupon?

[quote name='derekg52']Can someone verify this? If you buy a USED copy via their deals (like AC2), you don't get the $10 coupon?[/QUOTE]

i bought assassins creed 2 USED for xbox 360 and got the $10 code 2 days after i ordered it so it should work if you buy it used

I had a question about the $10 coupon I hope someone here can answer.

I have 2 $10 coupons, and was wondering if I could stack them on one order? I want to buy the God of War Collection and use both coupons to lower the total price from $29.99 to $9.99. Is this possible?

[quote name='yotis']i bought assassins creed 2 USED for xbox 360 and got the $10 code 2 days after i ordered it so it should work if you buy it used[/QUOTE]
Ok I am liable to take your word for it, checking the website if you read carefully next to the NEW copy it says "Bonus Item" but not next to the USED copy.

No.

Regarding the used thing, I've only bought new so I can only vouch for getting codes for that.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I had a question about the $10 coupon I hope someone here can answer.

I have 2 $10 coupons, and was wondering if I could stack them on one order? I want to buy the God of War Collection and use both coupons to lower the total price from $29.99 to $9.99. Is this possible?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I had a question about the $10 coupon I hope someone here can answer.

I have 2 $10 coupons, and was wondering if I could stack them on one order? I want to buy the God of War Collection and use both coupons to lower the total price from $29.99 to $9.99. Is this possible?[/QUOTE]

No. One per order, and you can't use ANY other promos with it...

[quote name='derekg52']Ok I am liable to take your word for it, checking the website if you read carefully next to the NEW copy it says "Bonus Item" but not next to the USED copy.[/QUOTE]

thats kinda weird i didnt notice that when i ordered but it worked 4 me so unless they changed it since i ordered (5/28) then they should send u a $10 code

[quote name='Morphx2']Customer service said I cant get the $10 promo because it was a USED copy..but the website doesnt say anything about that :\[/QUOTE]

Cheapy himself was told by Gamestop that it works on used copies also. I would try to get a different CSR.

I received $10 coupons for 4 games that I purchased used (but didn't receive them for 5 other games... I didn't press the issue since I have enough of these coupons, plus 2 of those games were from the glitched B1G1)

bread's done
Back