$10 Extra trade in credit Wii/Ps3 @GS/EB

[quote name='Farny']What does Twilight Princess trade in for now? I've beaten it and although I have a problem parting with my games, I don't see what I'd do with it.[/quote]
It's $25.

I'm not sure if I should trade in SPM or not. $43 return on a game I've beaten is pretty good, but man, I really liked that game. I'd feel sorta bad getting rid of it.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm not sure if I should trade in SPM or not. $43 return on a game I've beaten is pretty good, but man, I really liked that game. I'd feel sorta bad getting rid of it.[/quote]
Same here. I loved that game, but it doesn;t have a ton of replay value.

I think I'll trade in Trauma Center for the Wii. On a separate note, any idea what Elder Scrolls Oblivion trades for? The wiki says $2, which can't be right...

Does anyone know the recent trade in value for these games?:

Excite Truck
Trauma Center
Warioware: Smooth Moves

The wiki hasn't been updated with these three in a while.

I traded in Trauma Center for Wii on Monday, got $14.00 for it. Sure could have used the coupon then.

I think I'll go trade-in Resistance. I only paid 40 bucks for it, but talk about a generic snoozefest...

[quote name='Kingfalcon']I think I'll trade in Trauma Center for the Wii. On a separate note, any idea what Elder Scrolls Oblivion trades for? The wiki says $2, which can't be right...[/QUOTE]

What the hell? Surely, I didn't put that price in :lol:.
It may have just been a typo where the second number didn't get put in (like it is $25 or something). I have no idea though. I updated the Trauma Center price, though it was in there before from August 1st - so it was all of 2 days out of date, and was the same as before, anyway ;). Oh wait, Monday is from before I last updated it, so there was a newer quote than that. Never mind...

Just got back from trading in Wii Play with this deal. I got the coupon to work without any problems and he even gave me the extra 10% for a total of $21. Thanks OP

Warioware Smooth Moves trades in for $18 now. So after Edge and bonus, it's $29.80. Dunno if I'm gonna trade it in though.

Hmm. Maybe I'll trade in a few things. I have a few games I don't really play. Any input? Games I don't play are Red Steel, Elebits, Super Monkey Ball, Zelda ( wanna keep though) and rayman. I haven't beat rayman though and I kind alike it. That leaves 3... Any input?

For those of you debating on whether or not to trade in a high dollar game.. it's not like it'll be hard to find in the future or go down in price. Super Paper Mario sold snowloads, Warioware will always be used somewhere, Red Steel will stay on the shelves so long that they'll have to give it away free with any purchase, and Elebits.. well, you might have a hard time getting Elebits again, so I'd hang on to that one. But everything else.. pfft. You'll find cheaper in no time.

Called GS a few hours ago, Sonic and the Secret Rings goes for $11, making me a sad panda. At least I only paid $35 for it.

[quote name='Scorch']For those of you debating on whether or not to trade in a high dollar game.. it's not like it'll be hard to find in the future or go down in price. Super Paper Mario sold snowloads, Warioware will always be used somewhere, Red Steel will stay on the shelves so long that they'll have to give it away free with any purchase, and Elebits.. well, you might have a hard time getting Elebits again, so I'd hang on to that one. But everything else.. pfft. You'll find cheaper in no time.[/quote]

So I should return red steel and super monkey ball? It's worth the $20 for super monkey ball? Red steel I HATE so I was planning on it.

[quote name='Squall835']Called GS a few hours ago, Sonic and the Secret Rings goes for $11, making me a sad panda. At least I only paid $35 for it.[/quote]

speaking of, do you any of you guys know about the target exclusive that comes with a bonus comic dvd? i assume its just one sku though

You know it costs $10 more to buy a used Wii Play than a New one at GameStop? $30 for the game, $30 for the remote.. absurd.

I think I might want sonic and the secret rings. If the fellow dissapointed in the trade in price would contact me, I might do backflips.

[quote name='PocariSweat']I just traded in Wii play.

$10 (trade value) + $1 (Edge card) + 10 (bonus) = OH HELLS YEAH![/QUOTE]

I actually bought this game & Wiimote off somebody short on cash one day for $20 bucks so if I trade the game in I essentially gotten an extra Wiimote for free.

Anyone try to take this deal and use your credit toward Halo 3, GTA IV, and Madden 08 to get the extra 20%?

Am I the only person who enjoyed Wii Play? My brother and I are always involved in heated Laser Hockey battles. They're epic.

Is there any reason I should keep Twilight Princess, other than it being an awesome game? I mean, it's not like there's any replay value, and I beat it real good.

I'm also considering trading Super Paper Mario. I mean, $40? I'm sure I can pick the game off of eBay for that price any time I want. The only thing is, I haven't beaten it yet. Can I do that in a weekend?

Mario Party 8 is going in today for $43, and I'll use that to pick up Strikers.

Considering trading SPM, but I liked it too much. I think I'll keep it.

[quote name='sonderiaom']If anybody cares I went in and asked about Tony Hawks Project 8 for the PS3 and was told it's only $10.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was wondering if it dropped from $15

[quote name='Rocko']MP8 is $30 and Zelda is $25. Got $80.50 for those two.[/quote] I've been thinking about trading in TP for the $37.50 ($25 + 10% + $10) and then picking it up for cheap later, but I'm worried that when I want to get it, I'll be stuck choosing between poorly taken care-of copies, whereas mine is in pristine condition. :cry:

Before I start I do not belive these ones were said yet so here it goes.

I called my local EBG/GS stores and this is what happened. 1st one asked me if I could bring in the games so they can scan it into their system to give me an percise value. 2nd one asked if I could call back later seeing how he was the only one there and it was during lunch hour. He also said that if I had a Gamers Edge Card I could get an extra 10% on the trade in. 3rd and last one gave me these prices.

Wii: The Godfather: Black Hand Edition $8
Wii: Marvel Ultimate Alliance $10
Wii: Rayman Raving Rabbids $12

I'm not a big Zelda fan, and really only bought the game since I wanted something to play on launch. So $37.50 was good. I was considering trading SPM since I beat it but I can see myself wanting to play it later down the road.

Adding one new entry and a pair of additional confirmations.

PS3
College Hoops 2k7 $7

Wii
Resident Evil 4 - $15
Wii Play - $10

I was thinking of ditching RE4 until I realized that I had Wii Play sitting around. I went ahead and traded that in instead. Good deal.

Now if only we could find some *really* cheap Wii games on clearance somewhere.

[quote name='Kingfalcon']I've been thinking about trading in TP for the $37.50 ($25 + 10% + $10) and then picking it up for cheap later, but I'm worried that when I want to get it, I'll be stuck choosing between poorly taken care-of copies, whereas mine is in pristine condition. :cry:[/quote]

just trade in your copy of the game and save you case/manual. then when you pick it back up all you should care about is a really nice disk :)

I got Zelda for $40 a while back, by using the $10 off any game $29.99 or more coupon from Best Buy. (The one from the 360 launch that expired ages before but had the date and "no copies" text 'shopped off) and I got SPM for about $4 through PrizeRebel. So getting $80.50 for two games I paid $44 for is not bad at all.

I wish I still had that BB coupon. I think it's still in the system, and even though it says "Not valid" when they punch it in (Wii didn't even exist when that coupon was released) chances are they'll just void it.

Also, to use this $10 bonus coupon, do I need to bring in two copies to get $20 extra for two games?

[quote name='monkeydeew']just trade in your copy of the game and save you case/manual. then when you pick it back up all you should care about is a really nice disk :)[/quote]
Interesting... are disc-only trade-ins the same value?

[quote name='Jedi1979']motorstorm is $15 before bonuses[/quote]

Reminds me of why I never trade in at GS. Motorstorm is still 33 after MVP at GameCrazy.

[quote name='Kingfalcon']Interesting... are disc-only trade-ins the same value?[/quote]

should be. you can bring the games in a cd holding case if you want to look less suspicious.

[quote name='monkeydeew']should be. you can bring the games in a cd holding case if you want to look less suspicious.[/quote]
I think I would feel bad about doing that, though, because I always get so angry when I want to buy a used game but it is disc-only. I guess I'd have to decide if it's worth adding to the pile of disc-only used games out there.

[quote name='Kingfalcon']I think I would feel bad about doing that, though, because I always get so angry when I want to buy a used game but it is disc-only. I guess I'd have to decide if it's worth adding to the pile of disc-only used games out there.[/quote]

maybe you can get your own disk back on an upcoming buy 2 get 1 free?

I called awhile back to check prices during the 360 trade 2 promotion and was told that they deduct $1 for the case/artwork not being there. They don't care about the book.... If you plan to rebuy a game later just lose the dollar but keep your case and contents. :D

For those that traded in more than one game did you need one coupon or did you have to use a coupon for each game?

[quote name='cdeener']For those that traded in more than one game did you need one coupon or did you have to use a coupon for each game?[/quote]

I had to have two coupons but one gamestop only allowed me to trade in one so I went to the other sore (eb) which was next door and traded in the other. Some employees well most will let you trade both games at once, but you do need a coupon for each game.

[quote name='cdeener']For those that traded in more than one game did you need one coupon or did you have to use a coupon for each game?[/QUOTE]

The clerk asked if I had a coupon for each of the three games I was going to trade in. During the transaction he mentioned that it was supposed to be only one per customer but he let it slide. I wanted to kick him a preorder but it was a Gamestop that I rarely visit.

Well, when I went today they would only let me use the coupon on one game. So, I had to take the other one and another coupon to the Gamestop in the same mall. Kinda funny that I have an EB and Gamestop in the same mall so I was able to just take the second game to the other store.

Here is a confirmation and add on:

Wii Play $10 (Bought this for twenty with Wiimote so I got the remote for free)
Full Auto 2: Battlelines PS3 $9 (Bought this for thirteen bucks so I actually made a profit on this one)

[quote name='Rocko']Mario Party 8 is going in today for $43, and I'll use that to pick up Strikers.

Considering trading SPM, but I liked it too much. I think I'll keep it.[/quote]

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but where did you get that Wii gamer card?

Again, sorry for the off-topicness.

[quote name='cdeener']Well, when I went today they would only let me use the coupon on one game. So, I had to take the other one and another coupon to the Gamestop in the same mall. Kinda funny that I have an EB and Gamestop in the same mall so I was able to just take the second game to the other store.[/QUOTE]

I have the same thing. The funny thing is, that the EB was built just 2 months before they merged with GS. Still, whenever they dont have a game, they'll call the other store to check if they have it. So it can be good for some customers.

awesome coupon. i traded in spm and was able to use the coupon, edge card, and the halo 3 pre-order promo. so i got:

spm: 30
Edge: 3.60
20% Halo 3: 6.00
Coupon: 10

came to 49.60. i think the extra 20% might by ymmv, because it says price overide next to the 6.00 bucks on the reciept. pretty sweet though. next time i'm in i'm gonna switch the pre-order to metroid and leave a happy customer.

bread's done
Back