$10 Extra trade in credit Wii/Ps3 @GS/EB

[quote name='rickonker']But does a call to corporate end up doing anything? Never done it before.[/quote]

usually it does since they can (and have for me) call and tell them they are supposed to accept whatever the legitimate promo is and magically the transaction gets done:)

All I know is that if I worked for gamestop I certainly wouldn't care enough to bother reading everything that closely. Bullshit coupons would be pretty obvious and if it has a barcode and a coupon number and it works then who cares?

I traded in Twilight Princess for $37.50. Pretty sweet deal, since I've had it for like 7 months and paid $40 originally.

Anyway, it was hilarious trying to use the coupon. He started off saying to the other employee, "Look, a coupon. I don't think I've ever seen one a GameStop coupon before." He read the coupon back and forth and was for some reason still puzzled. The other guy looked at it and was equally astounded.

The second guy said, "You have to be trading in a game to use this coupon.", even though the game was sitting right there in front of him. It didn't help that he couldn't scan the thing, but after minutes of waiting he finally just typed the coupon code in, and, surprise surprise, "Oh, it is an EB coupon."

Seriously, I had never seen anyone so astounded by a coupon. I guess it's understandable considering he seemed to even have problems reading. He was typing in my info off of my driver's license and had 3 or 4 mistakes on it. I mean, they asked me where I got the coup and everything, but I really wanted to say, "How about you just key in the code! If it works, then it's clearly on of your coupons!"

So I was able to use my cousin's edge trade-in bonus, but get the credit on a different card for myself. I had planned on trading in Super Paper Mario, and brought the case to the store, but didn't until I was on the road realize I didn't have it. It's alright though, because I figured the way that was going there's no way they'd let me use another coupon.

I think I may just trade in Super Paper Mario. The more I think about it, there's no way I will get to it with BioShock, Prime 3, Halo3 and Heavenly Sword all coming out so soon.

Shame too, cause it's a great game.

Count me as another who traded in Twilight Princess Wii for $37.50. I figure that I can always pick it up again later after the holidays when there will be some kind of deal on it, and more important this funds my Rock Band purchase. :)

[quote name='js1']Is today the last day to use the coupon? Or can I use it tomorrow?[/quote]

It expires tomorrow so you should be able to use it tomorrow (but if you get an idiot employee they might reject it without trying apparently).

[quote name='js1']Is today the last day to use the coupon? Or can I use it tomorrow?[/quote]Tomorrow.

Hoping to make the rounds today, get BBA traded in for $32.

[quote name='js1']Is today the last day to use the coupon? Or can I use it tomorrow?[/quote]

(meh. beat by ^)

As the OP (and the coupon) states, "Offer good until 8/09," so you'll be fine using it thru tomorrow.

[quote name='botticus']Tomorrow.

Hoping to make the rounds today, get BBA traded in for $32.[/quote]

Should I trade in BBA while I have the chance? I barely played it, but I don't really see myself playing it much anyway....

I feel like an idiot trading in a game so soon after I bought it.

[quote name='SpazX']Should I trade in BBA while I have the chance? I barely played it, but I don't really see myself playing it much anyway....

I feel like an idiot trading in a game so soon after I bought it.[/quote]Eh, easy choice for me - it's fun, but I haven't played it since the week or so after it released. And I only paid $30 for it ($40 sale price at CC plus $20 off two Wii games - sold a second on eBay for a tiny profit).

eBay is still looking good for $35 or so, if you want to go that route.

[quote name='botticus']Eh, easy choice for me - it's fun, but I haven't played it since the week or so after it released. And I only paid $30 for it ($40 sale price at CC plus $20 off two Wii games - sold a second on eBay for a tiny profit).

eBay is still looking good for $35 or so, if you want to go that route.[/quote]

Yeah same for me, I think I paid around $26 or so considering ebaying the second copy and stuff.

What's going to happen is either I'll just go ahead and trade it in for $32 or I'll hang on to it, play it once or twice, and end up getting $10 for it later.

I traded Zelda ($27.50), Wario Ware ($19.80) and SPM ($33 + $10) for a total of $90.30. They would only let me use the coupon on one game. I didn't have my car yesterday because my brother had it, and I didn't want to spend the time to go in tomorrow just to get another $10. I can't help but feel that if my brother didn't have my car I would have gone it yesterday and I could have sold 1 game a day. Either way, I paied for Bioshock in full, bought an Edge card and still have $15.32 left.

[quote name='Wigglyben']I traded Zelda ($27.50), Wario Ware ($19.80) and SPM ($33 + $10) for a total of $90.30. They would only let me use the coupon on one game. I didn't have my car yesterday because my brother had it, and I didn't want to spend the time to go in tomorrow just to get another $10. I can't help but feel that if my brother didn't have my car I would have gone it yesterday and I could have sold 1 game a day. Either way, I paied for Bioshock in full, bought an Edge card and still have $15.32 left.[/quote]

That ain't a CAG mentality right there. You couldn't have visited multiple stores?

[quote name='Farny']That ain't a CAG mentality right there. You couldn't have visited multiple stores?[/quote]

Well, I could have. The problem is I only have 1 store that's really close to me. The other ones are a 20+ minute drive and it was really hot out :( There are 2 really close to eachother but it's in an area with a bunch of traffic, and one of them is in a big mall so parking and everything is annoying.

I know, I know, I'm not a true CAGer...

[quote name='Wigglyben']Well, I could have. The problem is I only have 1 store that's really close to me. The other ones are a 20+ minute drive and it was really hot out :( There are 2 really close to eachother but it's in an area with a bunch of traffic, and one of them is in a big mall so parking and everything is annoying.

I know, I know, I'm not a true CAGer...[/quote]

True, considering the accepted vernacular is "CAG" when referring to a user of this site. Haha, just playin'.

But yeah, it's still not a bad deal either way, just not great. I paid $45 for both Zelda and SPM, and they're going to EB for $80.50 in credit, so I think that's totally legit.

I traded in Trauma Center and Rayman's Raving Rabbids for Wii and picked up Mario Strikers. Paid about $4 out of pocket after I traded them. Not a bad deal.

The one I went to gave me the "only one trade in" bullshit, and I asked if I could walk outside, walk back in, and trade it in. He said no, so I just traded one in, and drove to another one and traded it in and got the game.

I'm considering trading in MP8 towards Smash Brothers pre order, but I think I'll hold off.

Last day to get in on this folks! I just traded in Wii Play for $21 and flipped a used copy of Ant Bully for a $12 gain. They really made that too easy, I think I might just go out and do it again.

Here's my final trade in expedition:

LoZ: TP - $27.50
+ SPM - $33.00
+ Red Steel - $8.80
+ Rayman RR - $13.20
+ $10 Bonus - $40
$122.5

I fully pre-ordered Person 3 ($52.50) and still have $80 in credit. Perhaps GS's sweeted trade-in deal in a LONG time considering the lack of exclusions.

So did everyone else have to do multiple transactions for all this nonsense, or was it just employee incompetence on my end?

Following my experience, it was determined that no two discounts can be applied on the same transaction. That means that entering the +$10 Wii trade-in coupon on the same transaction I received the +$10 2 DS trade-in promo gave me no bonus on the Wii game. And as we all know, that means the entire transaction had to be redone.

They also wouldn't take the $10 off a used Ant Bully, which was unfortunate, so I passed on the $5 profit to be obtained from a new copy.

After a half hour or so, got my $22 + $10 for BBA.

[quote name='botticus']So did everyone else have to do multiple transactions for all this nonsense, or was it just employee incompetence on my end?

Following my experience, it was determined that no two discounts can be applied on the same transaction. That means that entering the +$10 Wii trade-in coupon on the same transaction I received the +$10 2 DS trade-in promo gave me no bonus on the Wii game. And as we all know, that means the entire transaction had to be redone.

They also wouldn't take the $10 off a used Ant Bully, which was unfortunate, so I passed on the $5 profit to be obtained from a new copy.

After a half hour or so, got my $22 + $10 for BBA.[/QUOTE]
You're lucky, it's supposed to be one coupon per visit. What could the employees have done about the one coupon per transaction limit?

[quote name='botticus']So did everyone else have to do multiple transactions for all this nonsense, or was it just employee incompetence on my end?

After a half hour or so, got my $22 + $10 for BBA.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I traded in 4 psp games and 1 wii game today, and the computer did everything perfectly.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Here's my final trade in expedition:

I fully pre-ordered Person 3 ($52.50) and still have $80 in credit. Perhaps GS's sweeted trade-in deal in a LONG time considering the lack of exclusions.[/QUOTE]

Why $52.50, there is no tax when using store credit.

[quote name='hlb96']Why $52.50, there is no tax when using store credit.[/quote]Varies by state. I have to pay sales tax in Ohio. Store credit's basically equivalent to a gift card.

It probably does.

Traded in the following today, all before bonus:

Wii:
Red Steel - $8
PS2:
Devil May Cry - $2
GCN:
Naruto: Clash of Ninja - $4

The promo has been extended:

EBC3003027.jpg

Now expires on the 16th along with the $10 off Ant Bully coupon. Looks like I'll take another shot at flipping a used copy.

[quote name='botticus']The promo has been extended:

EBC3003027.jpg

Now expires on the 16th along with the $10 off Ant Bully coupon. Looks like I'll take another shot at flipping a used copy.[/quote]
Heh, if I knew this was going to be extended, then I wouldn't have had to run around all last night at 8:30 trying to make it to three different EB's / Gamestops before they closed up and stopped taking trade-in's, haha, oh-well, atleast I got my trades out of the way. :p

i hate GS sometimes. After I printed the coupon AND checked on the Trade In Values page at GS.com (where SPM is listed with a $30 tiv), the dude at the counter said that no matter what the site said, the system says $25 is all the credit I could get before coupon. And yea, $5 is worth it to me.

Glad to hear its been extended...... although now I'll probably be forced to get rid of a game that I might have otherwise held on to. I can't decide whether to trade in Super Monkey Ball (fun, but I haven't touched it in a couple months) or RE4 (almost done with the 'Separate Ways' mode). I actually only paid $20 for RE4 and could get $26.50 after bonuses, so maybe it'll be that one.

[quote name='arthurRWD']i hate GS sometimes. After I printed the coupon AND checked on the Trade In Values page at GS.com (where SPM is listed with a $30 tiv), the dude at the counter said that no matter what the site said, the system says $25 is all the credit I could get before coupon. And yea, $5 is worth it to me.[/quote]
That's strange. I loked at the trade-in values page on Gamestop's site the other day and it said $25. I was kinda worried, but took the game to the store anyway. It rung up at $30 for me before bonuses.

You know, what, it could have just been that particular day, and one could've been behind the other (online prices vs. in-store) because I'm sure that I saw SPM on their website at $25 for trade-in (on Tuesday) and when I brought the game in on Wednesday, it was $30. Now the website says it's back up to $30.

Traded in Pokemon: Battle Revolution for $37 w/ bonus. Got it for $40 @ CC a few weeks back. Also, traded in Rayman: Raving Rabbids for $13 but wasn't able to get the same bonus applied in the same transaction. Wish I'd have known the offer was going to be extended but I was in a hurry to get them traded in so I could get to work on time anyway.

Time to update the wiki again io:

Super Swing Golf - $10 before bonus, $21 after
Metal Slug Anthology - $12 before bonus, $21.20 after

Combined with 4 DS games that I traded in, I got a grand total of $103.80. Not bad for games that I already conquered will never pick up again.

[quote name='Chaser-1']Time to update the wiki again io:
[/QUOTE]

Yes sir! Right away sir!

...done ;).

Hm, I wonder what else I can trade in w/Pokemon Battle Rev for the 2 fer deal? Man, I barely touched that game after getting it @ CC for $40. Anyway, it's something I'd like to do tonight or this weekend for sure...

Does anybody know if they are excluding any titles? I just grabbed Ant Bully w/ the $10 off coup for $4.49 and would love to flip it for $15.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, I wonder what else I can trade in w/Pokemon Battle Rev for the 2 fer deal? Man, I barely touched that game after getting it @ CC for $40. Anyway, it's something I'd like to do tonight or this weekend for sure...[/QUOTE]

What 2 fer deal? You only need to trade in one game to get the $10 bonus. Just don't forget the coupon.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, I wonder what else I can trade in w/Pokemon Battle Rev for the 2 fer deal? Man, I barely touched that game after getting it @ CC for $40. Anyway, it's something I'd like to do tonight or this weekend for sure...[/QUOTE]

You're probably confusing the DS/PSP with the Wii/PS3 trade in. The DS or PSP trade ins require 2, Wii or PS3 requires only one. ;)

Called to see how much College Hoops 2k7 for the PS3 trades in for - you'll get a mighty $7 for it. I knew sports games depreciate quickly, but didn't know it did so THAT quickly.

I finished playing through the Ada Wong missions, so I went ahead and traded in Resident Evil 4 today. After Edge and bonus, I got $26.50 which is great considering I bought it for $20.

I also picked up a new copy of Ant Bully for flipping.... $5 is $5. Kind of a waste of time, but I had time to kill.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to let go of Super Monkey Ball for $21 or just keep it.

[quote name='KongaKing']Anyone know if Paper Mario is $30 or $25 like others had said?[/quote]

Says it's 30 on the site right now - I think that 25 drop was for a day or so for some reason. Dunno, gonna trade it in tomorrow to find out.

[quote name='monkeydeew']ive had zero luck getting ant bully used with that coupon. anyone else?[/quote]

I got a used copy ($4.49). The store manager looked over the coupon and said that it didn't say that you couldn't use it on a USED copy, so she overrode it.

bread's done
Back