$10 Off Pre-Owned Game Coupon Only 4000 PUR Points 4/11 - 4/17

bagwelljeff

CAGiversary!
I was just looking at my PowerUp Rewards account and was checking out the rewards and it looks like the $10 off a pre-owned game coupon was only 4000 points, the same price for a $5 off coupon - I don't know if this is a glitch or what or if it's a YMMV thing - I ordered 2 and it looks like it works

Edit: Ok looks like this is good all week 4/11 - 4/17 as their Steal Of The Week

Last edited by a moderator:
*raises hand*

I have a question!!

I don't have a printer at my house and want to send this to someone to print out for me. Will the rewards site prompt you do download anything to print these coupons (I've been burned by this in the past concerning 1 time use coupons, which brings me to my next question...)

Can you print these coupons multiple times? I'm fully aware they will only work once at the registers, but can I say, print a copy today and then another tommorow? Again, this isn't some fraud/scam scheme, I just want to make sure I have my bases covered in case something goes wrong (which has happened before).

I just bit on this deal. Hopefully they continue running weekly, or at least occasional, specials on the various rewards.

Thanks OP

Bought:
:360:Backyard Sports Rookie Rush for $2.69
:360:Backyard Sports Sandlot Sluggers for $2.69

Those are two pretty shitty ass games, but I'll get a few hours of enjoyment out of them while simultaneously achievement whoring myself.:)

Called them up again and was able to get 4000 points to order a coupon since I purchased one like a week before the sale started. The woman was kinda nice, she seemed annoyed for whatever reason. Glad I got it taken care of, now to think if there is anything I actually want...

yeap just got 16 $10 of coupons and great timing for gamestops b2g2 ps2,gc, and gba. Amazon is going to be great this week also and will rack up points for next week cooupon if its not trash. $1,500 to spend.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']*raises hand*

I have a question!!

I don't have a printer at my house and want to send this to someone to print out for me. Will the rewards site prompt you do download anything to print these coupons (I've been burned by this in the past concerning 1 time use coupons, which brings me to my next question...)

Can you print these coupons multiple times? I'm fully aware they will only work once at the registers, but can I say, print a copy today and then another tommorow? Again, this isn't some fraud/scam scheme, I just want to make sure I have my bases covered in case something goes wrong (which has happened before).[/QUOTE]

i actually don't have a printer either so i took a picture of the coupon with my phone and brought it in, the manager went ahead and used the code without a problem. i'm not sure if they would all be willing to take it like this but he said since it was clear and legible he was ok with it.

[quote name='Dnell']yeap just got 16 $10 of coupons and great timing for gamestops b2g2 ps2,gc, and gba. Amazon is going to be great this week also and will rack up points for next week cooupon if its not trash. $1,500 to spend.[/QUOTE]

You are going to be pissed when the coupons will not combine with those sales. Unless you can talk them into manually applying them. People are reporting that these coupons do not work with promos.

Just wanted to give ppl a heads up here. I printed one of those coupons out in early March and it had an expiration date of March 31st. I ended up not using it and it expired. Apparently once it expires you lose it and can't get the points back! I dug around and noticed that in the official page FAQ section it states that the coupons are supposed to be good for 60 days.. I called up and complained about it and they refunded my points back. Just keep this in mind before biting on this deal!

I can also confirm that when I tried to use the coupon alongside a B2G1 free coupon I was told I can use one or the other but not both coupons. Then I read the fine print on the bottom and noticed it said cannot be combined etc etc...

[quote name='nakanenui']You are going to be pissed when the coupons will not combine with those sales. Unless you can talk them into manually applying them. People are reporting that these coupons do not work with promos.[/QUOTE]

I tried using the coupon today on a used copy of Borderlands GOTY and it didn't work. The guy was cool and manually entered it. I didn't even think about the sale being a promo.

[quote name='salty tbone']I tried using the coupon today on a used copy of Borderlands GOTY and it didn't work. The guy was cool and manually entered it. I didn't even think about the sale being a promo.[/QUOTE]
This is so weird, I used two earlier this week on Enslaved and GoW3 and had no problems at all. They applied right away. Maybe it's just some titles?

Picked up X-Men Origins: Wolverine for $2 and some change, also picked up Enslaved Odyssey To The West for $2 and some change. Great deal getting both these for about $5 total. I had to do two different transactions as you can't use both codes at once.

Would one of these coupons work with the b2g2 sale? I hope it does since my gamestop has the legend of zelda collectors edition in stock.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Would one of these coupons work with the b2g2 sale? I hope it does since my gamestop has the legend of zelda collectors edition in stock.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, you can try, but the system should not let you.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP

Bought:
:360:Backyard Sports Rookie Rush for $2.69
:360:Backyard Sports Sandlot Sluggers for $2.69

Those are two pretty shitty ass games, but I'll get a few hours of enjoyment out of them while simultaneously achievement whoring myself.:)[/QUOTE]

You do realize there are perfectly good games out there you could have picked up for the same amount, right?

[quote name='Thelorn']Picked up X-Men Origins: Wolverine for $2 and some change, also picked up Enslaved Odyssey To The West for $2 and some change. Great deal getting both these for about $5 total. I had to do two different transactions as you can't use both codes at once.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, 2 great games for under 3 bucks a piece was hard to pass up.

[quote name='nakanenui']You are going to be pissed when the coupons will not combine with those sales. Unless you can talk them into manually applying them. People are reporting that these coupons do not work with promos.[/QUOTE]
I am cool with the people at gamestop and usually buy 50 games at a time. I just printed $50 bucks off coupon and took in my receipt when i got a used mario ds xl and he took it in and gave me 50 bucks back and I used a $25 of system trade on it. Also its more than $25 off cause they give you extra case tax. Like 78.14 off ds xl. I'm in good hands.

[quote name='zeddic']Just wanted to give ppl a heads up here. I printed one of those coupons out in early March and it had an expiration date of March 31st. I ended up not using it and it expired. Apparently once it expires you lose it and can't get the points back! I dug around and noticed that in the official page FAQ section it states that the coupons are supposed to be good for 60 days.. I called up and complained about it and they refunded my points back. Just keep this in mind before biting on this deal!

I can also confirm that when I tried to use the coupon alongside a B2G1 free coupon I was told I can use one or the other but not both coupons. Then I read the fine print on the bottom and noticed it said cannot be combined etc etc...[/QUOTE]
true, but just do separate transactions.

[quote name='Carlanga']I don't think so, you can try, but the system should not let you.[/QUOTE]
they can put it in manually and over right it. $10 bucks off worked for b2g1 Depends on the employee. 8/10 employees will let you.

I was able to get Enslaved for $2.70 or something like that today thanks to the coupon. I was skeptical about whether or not it would work even though people reported success with it but the cashier scanned it and it worked right away.

I have one more coupon so I just need to find one more under $20 game to get. Maybe I'll try to get Metroid: Other M unless there are some better games in that price range.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Would one of these coupons work with the b2g2 sale? I hope it does since my gamestop has the legend of zelda collectors edition in stock.[/QUOTE]

Actually just picked up the Zelda collection today for the cube. A great collection and i am enjoying some Zelda 2 right now!

10 off worked with FO NV. I also had a B2G1 that had been sitting in my PUR account for almost a year. I had used the original sign up reward a long time ago and assumed this was the same one. It had and expiration date of 4/31. I tried it today and it worked! score!

[quote name='Toss']10 off worked with FO NV. I also had a B2G1 that had been sitting in my PUR account for almost a year. I had used the original sign up reward a long time ago and assumed this was the same one. It had and expiration date of 4/31. I tried it today and it worked! score![/QUOTE]

odd, i thought PUR active offers get cleared after an amount of time. i know my old offers got emptied.

i got and used a few of these coupons today. not sure if i should use my points for more or hang on to them. i rather spend more points and get some higher $ off coupons and wondering if this "steal of the week" deals will be updated every week.

Found a copy of Top Spin 4 for the PS3 which had a recent price drop to $17.99. Used one of these coupons on it with no problems...$7.19 after discount.

[quote name='frpilot']odd, i thought PUR active offers get cleared after an amount of time. i know my old offers got emptied.

i got and used a few of these coupons today. not sure if i should use my points for more or hang on to them. i rather spend more points and get some higher $ off coupons and wondering if this "steal of the week" deals will be updated every week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know what the deal was with that coupon. I had noticed the 4/30 expiration months ago. The original one was set to expire a month or two after signing up...if I remember right. My PUR account was a BETA trial account, so maybe I got credited twice???I dont know..whatever.

I cashed out all the rest of my points (16k) because 4k for $10 off is the best deal we've seen so far. I cashed out 50k for $50 off any purchase a month ago and regret it now. At the time it seems like the rewards were getting worse and I wanted a $59 Halo Reach Legendary. Wish I had waited. I probably would have converted it all into $10 off used - wouldve been worth $120 vs. the $50 i got. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fujimitsu']majin is on sale, and promos don't stack so that's why.

FO:NV is a price drop afaik, a permanent one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='frpilot']so it wont work on enslaved used. :([/QUOTE]

it definitely worked for me on enslaved, a lot of people have used it on games in the power saver sale without a problem.

[quote name='Toss']

I cashed out all the rest of my points (16k) because 4k for $10 off is the best deal we've seen so far. I cashed out 50k for $50 off any purchase a month ago and regret it now. At the time it seems like the rewards were getting worse and I wanted a $59 Halo Reach Legendary. Wish I had waited. I probably would have converted it all into $10 off used - wouldve been worth $120 vs. the $50 i got. :cry:[/QUOTE]

you may be right. i cashed out 25k points for $25 off anything and bought gt5 ce for $75. this was months ago, but i never heard of this "steal of the week" thing. must be new.

$10 off is nice, but i can only really use it on older games to make it worthwhile. i rather buy $55 pre owned games with b2g1 when they run them.

Can anybody help me decide which to get : Majin or ACII with the coupon? (I'm the type that takes at least 10 minutes to decide what to eat at a restaurant, so forgive me if this annoys anyone. )

[quote name='karekano126']Can anybody help me decide which to get : Majin or ACII with the coupon? (I'm the type that takes at least 10 minutes to decide what to eat at a restaurant, so forgive me if this annoys anyone. )[/QUOTE]

Both are worth the price a few times over honestly.

You know what you're getting with ACII, majin is a sort of co-op Legend of zelda thing.... only you can make the choice.

What do you guys think? I'm deciding between Fallout NV, Deadly Premonition, Enslaved, or Borderlands GOTY.

I got the NV DLC when it was free for a while, never had the game.

I had DP for a while, thought it was alright.

Played the Enslaved demo, looked nice.

And I have Borderlands for the PC but none of my Steam friends have it (or want to play it anymore) and I could do split screen with my Xbox less friends (only like 3 of my friends have an Xbox :V).

Finally redeemed 8,000 of my points tonight to get 2 coupons. Hopefully I can score a used copy of Bulletstorm sometime down the line.

bread's done
Back