$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamer SDP']is there some indication on the cover art mentioning the ps+ or is it a sticker?[/QUOTE]

On the back of the case it should say it includes a month of plus. Otherwise it doesnt.

The same thing happened to me when I claimed the Resistance Collection offer. The store knows how to do Reward Zone offers as they have done it before but they confirmed the reason it wasn't accepting the offer was because it was based on a SKU that had been deleted.

My theory about what happened with the Resistance Collection at Best Buy is that the "deleted" SKU was based on the 3 games being in 1 regular case (look at Sony's announcement of the trilogy on their official blog and you will see a picture of the set is a case, not the box set that was actually released. The box set that came out was a different SKU.

Many retailers were anticipating receiving the cancelled SKU with the 3 games in 1 single case on multiple discs, but it was replaced with the 3 game case box set with a different SKU. I had pre-ordered the game at NewEgg getting $10 off and it still hasn't shipped yet. If you try to look for the game at NewEgg, it doesn't exist anymore.

I must say, I was bummed it was released as a box instead of the consolidated 1 case with 3 games in it.

once they manually put in the sku listed from the coupon (different of course from the box) then scanned my rzcard it worked like a charm

Does anyone know how the online community is for Resistance 3? I assume that there aren't many people that still play, but is it completely dead?

[quote name='blume3']How much does that make the God of War and Resistance after the coupons?[/QUOTE]

$20 apiece.

[quote name='Tuxedo38']Does anyone know how the online community is for Resistance 3? I assume that there aren't many people that still play, but is it completely dead?[/QUOTE]
I would assume not many people still play this. I played Resistance 1 online a few times when I rented it. Wasn't really my thing.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Is there any way to get this to work with the God of War Collection Ultimate Combo with the DS3?[/QUOTE]

SKU is only for the Collection by itself but you can always try to PM it?
You never know ;)

[quote name='Tuxedo38']$20 apiece.[/QUOTE]
Not bad, might be in. I have GoW 3, and the psp bundle, I wonder what Best Buy would do on the trade in for these.

I was going to trade in my Resistance copies to get the collection in hopes it was in one dvd case. I guess the Resistance Collection is like the dual pack, just 3 dvd cases inside of a cardboard box. Decided to pass on doing that. R1 and 2 are Greatest Hits versions too.

[quote name='Gosha']I was going to trade in my Resistance copies to get the collection in hopes it was in one dvd case. I guess the Resistance Collection is like the dual pack, just 3 dvd cases inside of a cardboard box. Decided to pass on doing that. R1 and 2 are Greatest Hits versions too.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is pretty ridiculous considering there has already been a Resistance Dual Pack. Sony really half-assed this one.

[quote name='Gosha']I was going to trade in my Resistance copies to get the collection in hopes it was in one dvd case. I guess the Resistance Collection is like the dual pack, just 3 dvd cases inside of a cardboard box. Decided to pass on doing that. R1 and 2 are Greatest Hits versions too.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm thinking there was a screw up with the Best Buy SKU. The mis-referenced SKU in the deal is to the single-case Resistance Collection advertised in Sony's press release vs. the multi-case SKU that actually came out.

Quick question... did the last batch of offers (with RE6) expire when these new ones went up? I claimed the deal but never used it and was trying to figure out when it expired.

I thought I still had a little while but now I can't seem to find any info...

[quote name='TopsideKracker']Quick question... did the last batch of offers (with RE6) expire when these new ones went up? I claimed the deal but never used it and was trying to figure out when it expired.

I thought I still had a little while but now I can't seem to find any info...[/QUOTE]

Yes. It said it was valid up to 12/8, Saturday. When I went in on Sat, though, it wasn't working anymore. These new coupons did take their place.

[quote name='Zolor23']Yes. It said it was valid up to 12/8, Saturday. When I went in on Sat, though, it wasn't working anymore. These new coupons did take their place.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that was probably the case. Thanks for the info.

Kinda tempted to get Skylanders for the 360. $45 for the starter kit seems pretty decent but I dunno if there's any better deals. Any thoughts?

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like I missed out on K-Mart's $19.99 sale.

[quote name='AvidWriter']It's dead? Damn I just found out about the GoW saga..... I only played the first game.[/QUOTE]

What's dead

The resistance collection just came out and its 20$ off already ? Thats a great deal considering that the msrp of resistance 3 is 19.99 so getting the other two games for free is great ! I recomend this series to you sifi shooter fans out there. I dont need to recomend god of war as everyone should know how great that series is. I wonder if the resistance dual pack is going to be clearanced out by retailers as its obsolite now due to the arival of the resistance collection

Wow... so I'm literally gonna have to pop into every Best Buy I run across over here in the hopes of spotting the Resistance Collection. So that's about 3, and I already physically tried 1, to no avail.

For anyone that has actually found it, where exactly did you notice it? The 2 BB's closeby are a complete mess, and the one closest to me has the smallest PS3 shelf I've ever seen in any store... ever.

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']Wow... so I'm literally gonna have to pop into every Best Buy I run across over here in the hopes of spotting the Resistance Collection. So that's about 3, and I already physically tried 1, to no avail.

For anyone that has actually found it, where exactly did you notice it? The 2 BB's closeby are a complete mess, and the one closest to me has the smallest PS3 shelf I've ever seen in any store... ever.[/QUOTE]
I have seen it among the R&C collection iirc.

In for God of War Saga.

I've only played one of the PSP GoW games (I think Ghost of Sparta?), but I've heard nothing but good things about the series since it debuted on the PS2.

Well.. sure enough, I found a BB that had the Resistance Collection. I was on the phone with a customer service rep for 18 mintues, but they found a copy of it and they held it at customer service for me. It wasn't too far of a drive, but I did have trouble getting them to accept the coupon.

As mentioned, the SKU number on the coupon doesn't match the SKU of the actual Resistance Collection. Ergo, I stood at customer service for nearly an hour while they called various employees over before finally calling over the manager for an override.

Oh Best Buy, your incompetence is frustrating, yet somehow endearing... even charming.

Didnt see the Resistance collection, went ahead and asked the employee and sure enough they had some in the back, so if you dont see them, ask. Employee had to ring up the coupon as a manufacturer coupon because of the different sku #, but other than that it went well. :cool:

[quote name='solidus_00']Yeah by the looks of it. If you claim it in your rewards it should pop up automatically as long as it's still ringing up as 'xbox/ps3 hitman abso...' as it would if you just bought it at regular price. That is as long as they don't change it to 'Adjusted Game', 'Price Match game' or whatever they do sometimes. Or the associate just automatically rejects it when it does.

Best bet for success would probably be this,
1. Find a associate that can't authorize the price adjust themselves without a senior associate punching in their code. Reason for this is coming up.

2. Keep your eye on the register display. Make sure it still has the correct display after the price adjust I mentioned before.

3. Then hand them the rewards card to scan. When they scan the rewards card it should say something like 'Best Buy Rewards 0.00' thats the GC popping up. Hopefully the senior associate at this point will have already left as the rest of the transaction can be handled without them and they're more likely to notice something, and shoot you down. Though they still might let it go though.

4. PROFIT!!!!!:)

As for the coupon, I would probably say it would decrease your chances, I would only pull it out if the GC doesn't pop up as a last ditch effort.[/QUOTE]

Kinda late on this but thanks for the reply, everything went smoothly :cool:

Now $20 off GoW Saga? BB gets my vote for best B&M store this year

I want to support things like the Gamer's Club but its so damn hard when trying to redeem an offer is so difficult. My Best Buy (ind, mo) told me that there is no Resistance Collection, its just $20 off when you buy all three. I begged and pleaded to get another employee, even handing my phone around showing the offer to two other employees. Finally one coming from the back mentions 'oh hey I just saw one of those in the back' and grabs it for me. So, I'm guessing they only received a handful at best, which is weird. Or maybe that was the only one.

He brings it out and of course the Best Buy app version of the claimed offer just says to total out the transaction, which of course doesn't do anything. Fiasco begins. I'm told I must have the wrong game.
Finally, manager comes over and applies a generic $20 discount. I feel like they think I'm taking advantage of them when in reality I'm just trying to redeem an offer.

Picked up the resistance collection at best buy with this coupon today, only copy they had and thr sku did not match up to the coupon so I had to get a manager to override.

[quote name='Tuxedo38']Does anyone know how the online community is for Resistance 3? I assume that there aren't many people that still play, but is it completely dead?[/QUOTE]

Played resistance 3 a couple days ago and had no problem finding full games.

I believe one of the reasons its sorta difficult to find a copy of The Resistance Collection and why Sony hasn't pushed it as much as the other collections is because the first initial run with three discs is just Sony clearing out the remaining stock for Resistance 1&2. Insomniac said Sony was working on cramming both R1&2 on one disc so the Second run/batch will probably be like Killzone Trilogy packaging with just two discs. Hopefully.

I see a lot of people complaining about having issues with this offer and blaming the cashiers. None of you would have had any issues had you read the directions in the OP. It's up to you to claim this offer in your RZ account (if you're even eligible for it), not the cashiers.

My BB said they had them in the back but were not allowed to sell them until tomorrow. I told him the release date was last week but didnt have time to argue. I'll just swing by after school tomorrow to pick it up.

Went to Bb for the Resistance trilogy , and same issue as everyone else, the sku comes up wrong, and they tell me they have none in stock. They look up the name after several associates and 15 minutes time, and come up with the correct sku, which requires a manager to override. They actually had none on the floor, they were all in back.

I was tempted by the Resistance Collection, of which my store had about 6 of but I have owned each game at some point and already gotten as much out of them as I probably will. I was strong. I held back haha.

I did not however with God of War. I brought the Combo Pack with the Red DS3 to Customer Service and they knocked the $20 off of that instead of just the base game so I got the DS3 and God of War for $40 + tax!

(Yes I know of the Killzone trilogy bundle, already flipped one and kept the controller but it is sooooo ugly I would rather have another red one.)

[quote name='stevex196x']It looks like a hassle to get the Resistance Collection... Ugh, I don't know whether or not to pick it up.[/QUOTE]
You call this a hassle, you should see what great lengths some CAGs go through to get the best deals.

Was tempted at getting the Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure until I saw that it was priced $69.99. Not sure if saving $25 on it is worth it for me especially since the PC version does not seem to be produced anymore. Sort of wish they had it priced at $59.99 like gamestop I would probably purchase it first thing. Going to go to Best Buy tomorrow and make a decision between it or the Resistance Collection.

I own all 3 Resistance games but the DLC sure is tempting. I'll have to ask if they have it hiding in the back somewhere if it isn't out on the floor. Thanks much OP!

I hadn't seen this thread yet, but got the Resistance coupon on my reward zone account. Printed it out and went to the store. Didn't ring up properly, as you could imagine. Manager refused to honor it, claiming the SKU was for a different item. I showed him that the SKU on the coupon was deleted from the best buy system on Dec 5th, 4 days before the coupon. The SKU the game rings up as was created on Dec 5th. Obviously it's the same item.

Manager still would not budge. Called customer service, but they couldn't see either SKU on their system. They said call reward zone customer service, who were closed.

I was in the store for an hour and a half and can honestly say I am done with Best Buy. Never have I been treated so badly for an item that was IN STOCK with a printout!

will hit up my local bestbuy after work today, hopefully they the resistance collection in stock, especially since my local bestbuy is really small compared to other bestbuys.

I'm so glad I've waited this long to pick up The God of War Saga. $20 for that collection is a steal! Getting mine today.

[quote name='noise850']I hadn't seen this thread yet, but got the Resistance coupon on my reward zone account. Printed it out and went to the store. Didn't ring up properly, as you could imagine. Manager refused to honor it, claiming the SKU was for a different item. I showed him that the SKU on the coupon was deleted from the best buy system on Dec 5th, 4 days before the coupon. The SKU the game rings up as was created on Dec 5th. Obviously it's the same item.

Manager still would not budge. Called customer service, but they couldn't see either SKU on their system. They said call reward zone customer service, who were closed.

I was in the store for an hour and a half and can honestly say I am done with Best Buy. Never have I been treated so badly for an item that was IN STOCK with a printout![/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your story. Do you have another BB around you? Even though you were right, i would have just given up after 10 minutes tops and tried elsewhere. BB was totally in the wrong here but you should have realized after 30 min. it was a lost cause and anything beyond that point was you just wasting your time that you could have avoided. There's not a lot of B&M retailers that offer gaming deals beyond BB.

Here's my theory, in visual terms. Here's the "cancelled" SKU:
resistance-collection-.jpg

Notice it appears to place all 3 games in one case. Now, here's what actually was released:

510TPsZzhwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Do you guys agree this is what happened?

Your exactly right

I saw the Resistance collection and no doubt it was a fat box with 3 separate discs.

Very unappealing that Resistance 1 and 2 is the greatest hits versions and Resistance 3 is the standard copy

Same problems as everyone else with the Resistance Coupon. By the time the manager tried 10 different combinations he took $30 off manually. $10 out the door. Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back